PDA

View Full Version : Broken Records

LegandofthePack15
12-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Records are falling like leaves on a cold autumn day (nice simile, eh?) Here are some recent broken records:

Obviously, Megatron broke Jerry Rice's record for most receiving yards in a season. I am surprised the record holder is not the greatest receiver of the 21st century, Randy Moss.

Rookie sensation Blair Walsh, the Oedipal son of ex-NFL qb Steve Walsh, made his 9th field goal from 50+ against the Houston Texans. Thus, Walsh broke the record for most kicks made from 50+ in a season. Previously, three nameless, faceless kickers chopped the record. Walsh, a rookie, is 9 for 9 from 50+ this season. Whereas, seasoned vet - Mason "The Snowman" Crosby - is 1 for 8. Thanks Ted!

Tony Romo's BFF, Jason Witten, broke Tony Gonzalez's record for most receptions by a tight end in a season. Speaking of Gonzalez, somewhere soon to be NFL MVP "Ice" Ryan is saying, "Thanks Ted!"

Andrew Luck broke Cam Newton's 1 year old record for most passing yards in a season by a rookie. Along the way Luck debunked the "Aaron Rodgers Theory of QB Development" by clinching a playoff birth for the previously hapless, tasteless Colts. RGIII and Mini-RGIII (Wilson) also deserve credit for debunking the theory. Gone are the days of a rookie qb developing behind a seasoned vet.

If, come Sunday, Watt needs a sack to break the sack record, Luck should give it to him.

The Packer defense should only give Adrian "Fumble In the Clutch" Peterson the single-season rushing record only if the Vikings spot the Packers 4 touchdowns.

Oh, and I shut down Darren "Goliath" Charles in a high school football game. :grin:

woodbuck27
12-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Merry Christmas 'my Old Friend'. Happy New Year.

LegandofthePack15
12-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Merry Christmas 'my Old Friend'. Happy New Year.

Thanks Ted! I mean Woodbuck. :mrgreen:

Hope you had a nice day on Jesus' (alleged) birthday and a happy new year to you, too.

Fritz
12-26-2012, 04:41 PM
I'm pretty sure you're not Tank. You're smarter than he was, in some respects.

As to your "Thanks Teds" for the Bears having a better kicker and the Falcons getting Gonzalez:

# of Bears' Super Bowl wins in the last five years: Zero
# of Falcons' Super Bowl wins in the last five years: Zero

The Pack has one.

Thanks Ted!

woodbuck27
12-26-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm pretty sure you're not Tank. You're smarter than he was, in some respects.

As to your "Thanks Teds" for the Bears having a better kicker and the Falcons getting Gonzalez:

The Pack has one.

Thanks Ted!

I've sat at my keyboard for some time now and observed all the speculation but my gut tels me that in fact;

LegandofthePack15 is the poster many of us came to know 'affectionately as' TANK.

Now if I'm mistaken. My congratulations to LegandofthePack15 as a poster that has near cloned the former poster named TANK.

Will this remain one of life's mysteries?

I hope so. :wink:

Tony Oday
12-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Best QB in the game, Top 10 defense even after being ravaged by injuries, 3 post seasons and 1 Superbowl...THANKS TED!!!!

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-26-2012, 08:50 PM
With how much the NFL has turned into the passing league I’m not really all that surprised. A lot of the records falling seem to go hand and hand with the rise in passing. Johnson catching 2,000 yards or Whitten getting 103 catches is not really all the surprising. Brees and Brady beat the passing yards mark just last year.

Watt and Smith both getting 20+ is very impressive, but when you know 60 or even 70 percent (depending on the team you are playing) of the time its going to be a pass, you can kind of pin your ears back.

Now Peterson I just don’t understand. That dude is a horse. Messes up his knee and comes back 6 months later to rush for 2,000 yards without losing any speed? I really hope they don’t make the playoffs b/c we need the number 2 seed, but he should be MVP regardless. Say what you want about team success, but the Vikings don’t win more than 5 games without him.

LegandofthePack15
12-27-2012, 05:13 AM

The Pack has one.

Thanks Ted!

When your kicker is Mason Crosby, the Bears DO have a better kicker in 300 year old Olindo Mare. But I think you meant the Vikings' kicker.

The Blair Walsh Project has been a success. Walsh was an inconsistent kicker in college. The Vikings blamed it on poor technique instead of the lack of talent. They released Longwell, drafted Walsh and now he's the best kicker in the league. If its any consolation, 1 of Walsh's 3 misses thus far came inside Lambeau Field.

Gonzalez was on the trading block in what, 2008? Thompson chickened out at the last minute and Gonzalez eventually ended up Atlanta. Now's 2012 and Gonzalez is still playing at a high level. I bet some of the fans who defended Thompson's incompetence then are now thrashing J-Mike.

1 SB win in 5 years is nice. I know this is a broken record, but if Thompson weren't so incompetent and acquired guys like Moss, Gonzalez and Marshawn Lynch, the Packers would've won MORE than 1 SB in the last 5 years. No doubt.

LegandofthePack15
12-27-2012, 05:16 AM
With how much the NFL has turned into the passing league I’m not really all that surprised. A lot of the records falling seem to go hand and hand with the rise in passing. Johnson catching 2,000 yards or Whitten getting 103 catches is not really all the surprising. Brees and Brady beat the passing yards mark just last year.

Watt and Smith both getting 20+ is very impressive, but when you know 60 or even 70 percent (depending on the team you are playing) of the time its going to be a pass, you can kind of pin your ears back.

Now Peterson I just don’t understand. That dude is a horse. Messes up his knee and comes back 6 months later to rush for 2,000 yards without losing any speed? I really hope they don’t make the playoffs b/c we need the number 2 seed, but he should be MVP regardless. Say what you want about team success, but the Vikings don’t win more than 5 games without him.

Well said, though I disagree with you and Woody regarding who should win the MVP award. It should go to Ice Ryan.

Iron Mike
12-27-2012, 06:56 AM
Hurray!! Another installment of "Ted Is Trapped In The Closet, Pt. **"!!!

George Cumby
12-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Hurray!! Another installment of "Ted Is Trapped In The Closet, Pt. **"!!!

I've heard that the original was better than the sequel...........

KYPack
12-27-2012, 10:11 AM
So that's the program, eh?

Ever since MTP put a diaper on Tank, he hasn't been jacking threads.

So now he STARTS threads, then spews his Anti TT-Rodgers bullshit in 'em.

Still crazy after all these years.

Zool
12-27-2012, 10:20 AM
I've heard that the original was better than the sequel...........

He's basically a miniature M Night Shyamalan. Production values are there because someone else is footing the bill, but every other aspect is pure garbage.

Bossman641
12-27-2012, 11:05 AM
When your kicker is Mason Crosby, the Bears DO have a better kicker in 300 year old Olindo Mare. But I think you meant the Vikings' kicker.

The Blair Walsh Project has been a success. Walsh was an inconsistent kicker in college. The Vikings blamed it on poor technique instead of the lack of talent. They released Longwell, drafted Walsh and now he's the best kicker in the league. If its any consolation, 1 of Walsh's 3 misses thus far came inside Lambeau Field.

Gonzalez was on the trading block in what, 2008? Thompson chickened out at the last minute and Gonzalez eventually ended up Atlanta. Now's 2012 and Gonzalez is still playing at a high level. I bet some of the fans who defended Thompson's incompetence then are now thrashing J-Mike.

1 SB win in 5 years is nice. I know this is a broken record, but if Thompson weren't so incompetent and acquired guys like Moss, Gonzalez and Marshawn Lynch, the Packers would've won MORE than 1 SB in the last 5 years. No doubt.

We are still dealing with this shit? TT and Peterson agreed on a third for Gonzalez. At the last minute, Peterson tried to up the price to a second.

All the Packers did after not acquiring Lynch was win a super bowl. Really blew it there huh?

BTW, Gonzo has helped the Falcons win ZERO postseason games since arriving there. But please, tell us again how great Ryan and Gonzo are.

Zool
12-27-2012, 11:17 AM
Pro tip, click on the users name, then click view profile. From here click Add to Ignore List. Click Yes on the next screen.

Thank me later.

denverYooper
12-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Pro tip, click on the users name, then click view profile. From here click Add to Ignore List. Click Yes on the next screen.

Thank me later.

PackerRats, where the men are men and the trolls are ignored.

Fritz
12-27-2012, 11:32 AM
We are still dealing with this shit? TT and Peterson agreed on a third for Gonzalez. At the last minute, Peterson tried to up the price to a second.

All the Packers did after not acquiring Lynch was win a super bowl. Really blew it there huh?

BTW, Gonzo has helped the Falcons win ZERO postseason games since arriving there. But please, tell us again how great Ryan and Gonzo are.
Thank you.

LegandofthePack15
12-27-2012, 11:38 AM

2nd rounder? Big deal. Wolf once traded a 2nd to rent a disgruntled TE for, what 1 and half seasons? Gonzalez would've played more than 1.5 seasons for the Packers.

With Lynch, the Packers would not only have won the SB in 2010, but they likely would've repeated last season. Lynch would've helped the D a great deal by keeping other teams' offenses off the field by milking the clock. Don't tell me the Packers couldn't have used Lynch in that cold game divisional game VS New York. Even Silverstien wondered how good the Packers would be with Lynch.

Rome didn't stop after conquering a single nation. No, it reinforced itself, got better and conquered the world.

Smeefers
12-27-2012, 11:44 AM
2nd rounder? Big deal. Wolf once traded a 2nd to rent a disgruntled TE for, what 1 and half seasons? Gonzalez would've played more than 1.5 seasons for the Packers.

With Lynch, the Packers would not only have won the SB in 2010, but they likely would've repeated last season. Lynch would've helped the D a great deal by keeping other teams' offenses off the field by milking the clock. Don't tell me the Packers couldn't have used Lynch in that cold game divisional game VS New York. Even Silverstien wondered how good the Packers would be with Lynch.

Rome didn't stop after conquering a single nation. No, it reinforced itself, got better and conquered the world.

I enjoy hearing no mention of the salary cap when these arguments are brought up. Ever.

denverYooper
12-27-2012, 11:45 AM

The "world" was defined by Rome, and it was much smaller back then.

Bossman641
12-27-2012, 11:57 AM

If the Packers had traded for Lynch he would have spilled his Skittles all over the sidelines, falling on them and destroying his knee, ending his career.

Look, I can throw out what-ifs too.

Patler
12-27-2012, 12:33 PM

Ya, they didn't need that 2009 second round pick. All they did with it is trade it with a couple third round picks to New England anyway, to move back into the 1st round and draft some linebacker out of Southern Cal.

Sometimes, the best trade is the trade you don't make.

Cheesehead Craig
12-27-2012, 02:15 PM
I thought the title was referring to the content and style of the poster.

Fritz
12-28-2012, 08:52 AM
If Ted Thompson was a better GM he would not have drafted Justin Harrell or Brian Brohm or Aaron Rouse.

Come on Legend. Give it up. How do you think the Packers will do against Minnesota?

LegandofthePack15
12-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Ya, they didn't need that 2009 second round pick. All they did with it is trade it with a couple third round picks to New England anyway, to move back into the 1st round and draft some linebacker out of Southern Cal.

Sometimes, the best trade is the trade you don't make.

Without a 2nd rounder to start the draft with, Thompson would've traded his first rounder to move down and eventually draft Matthews. That would mean no Busari, but while he played well in 2010 and he's playing well now, Busari is by no mean a dominating DT (lots of expert compared him to Sapp). Busari is not irreplaceable; plus Pickett was on the roster when Busari came out.

LegandofthePack15
12-28-2012, 10:30 AM
Come on Legend. Give it up. How do you think the Packers will do against Minnesota?

My heart says the Packers will win. My head says the Packers will win.

Unless AP rushes for 300 yards or 2009 Brett Favre returns to play QB for the Vikings, the Packers should win.

A Packer loss would be the worst letdown since Kris Allen defeated Adam Lambert on American Idol.