PDA

View Full Version : Official NFC Playoff Standings Thread - 1 Week To Go

Joemailman
12-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Division Winners

1. Atlanta (13-2) Clinched #1 Seed
2. Green Bay (11-4) Clinched NFC North-Would clinch #2 seed with win over Vikings
3. San Francisco (10-4-1) Clinched Playoff spot- Would clinch NFC West with win over Arizona; Would clinch #2 seed with a win and Green Bay loss or tie.
4. Washington (9-6) Would clinch NFC East with win over Dallas

Wild Card

5. Seattle (10-5) Clinched playoff spot; Would clinch NFC West and #3 seed with a win and a San Francisco loss.
6. Minnesota (9-6) Would clinch playoff spot with a win over Green Bay

Outside Looking In

7. Chicago (9-6) Would clinch playoff spot with a win and a Minnesota loss.
8. Dallas (8-7) Better Division winning pct. than New York
9. New York (8-7)
10. St. Louis (7-7-1)
11. New Orleans (7-8)
12. Tampa Bay (6-9) Head to head tie-breaker over Carolina
13. Carolina (5-9) Better NFC winning pct. than Arizona
14. Arizona (5-10)
15. Detroit (4-11) Head to head tiebreaker over Philadelphia
16. Philadelphia (4-10)

Fosco33
12-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Should be a fun final week. If Pack/Niners stumble and Seahawks win, they'd be #2. Given their undefeated at home, that'd be a tough game.

All the more reason GB needs to go knock out the Queens and hope the Bears keep Eli out of the dance.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Should be a fun final week. If Pack/Niners stumble and Seahawks win, they'd be #2. Given their undefeated at home, that'd be a tough game.

All the more reason GB needs to go knock out the Queens and hope the Bears keep Eli out of the dance.

I was hoping for the exact same scenario, but maybe it’s a good thing if the Giants make the playoffs? If we win, we will be the number 2 seed and in all likelihood the Niners will beat the Cards and be the number 3 seed. Would you rather have the Bears or the Giants play the Niners? I would prefer to not play the Niners so I am kind of rooting for the Giants to get in so they can knock off the Niners and we wind up playing the Cowboys, Seahawks, or Redskins in round two. ATL probably would beat the Giants round two anyways, so in that scenario we wouldn't have to play the Giants or Niners.

But really the main thing is grabbing that first round bye. The NFC is very tough this year, so skipping a round would really help our chances of winning it all.

gbgary
12-26-2012, 10:44 PM
looks like chi and probablyyy...dal getting in. the way I see it dal has shown great heart and determination to come out of nowhere to get to this position. with dal making it it will keep jerry jones from hiring a real coach thus insuring their continued run of mediocrity.

RashanGary
12-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Chicago #6 vs SF #3
Seattle #5 vs Washington/Dallas #4

Probable winners. . . . SF #3 and Seattle #5

Green Bay #2 vs SF #3 in Lambeau
Atlanta #1 vs Seattle #5 in ATL

I actually think this is a pretty good set-up for us. The hottest team has a rookie QB on the road in a very loud environment. They are historically worse on the road.

We get a 1st year starter on the road. A team that is starting to get beat up where we're a team that's just getting healthy. We'll be coming off a bye to play a team that is noted for physical play. I think that helps us out, just being fresh and strong. . . .

To be honest, I like the way this thing is shaking out. It looks like we could have a better road than I imagined just a week ago.