PDA

View Full Version : Time to go tiger hunting!!!

MadtownPacker
08-21-2006, 10:30 PM
So Palmer is suppose to play this game? Is Favre expected to play much after going almost 3 quarters on Saturday? After watching the replay of the game today I gotta say that they need to establish some kind of running attack. Also, please put Fergy on ST so Jennings can be the #2!!

FavreChild
08-21-2006, 10:39 PM
I think the bigger question is whether any more Bungles will get arrested before kickoff.

Joemailman
08-21-2006, 10:42 PM
McCarthy has said he expects the starters to play well into the 2nd half. I'm anxious to see how Green will do. I didn't like how Davenport ran last weekat all. I think the run blocking may have been better than it may have appeared with him in there. When I was at practice last week, the two most effective running backs were Green and Beach.

pbmax
08-21-2006, 10:43 PM
I think the bigger question is whether any more Bungles will get arrested before kickoff.
The great irony of the Bengals fan behavior hotline is that the total amount of arrests might not equal what the team members rack up in 2006.

Palmer, in Peter Kng out today, thought that he was "close" to ready and is on target to play Monday. How much wasn't mentioned.

McGinn, I think, mentioned the starters are going to the first drive of the second half.

FavreChild
08-21-2006, 10:54 PM
I didn't like how much the Bungles fans whined about Carson's injury. Certainly it was very unfortunate, and I can sympathize with their disappointment. But it was NOT, in the slightest, the reason they lost to the Steelers in the playoff contest. In fact, Kitna did a great job in substitution.

Rather, the Bungles defense was poor, and indeed was fairly poor all season - mostly masked by their ability to create turnovers (i.e. five against the Pack). Pretty much all other defensive stats were lacking. Bungles fans conveniently ignore that fact and continue to whine about the injury.

Packers should be able to get the running game going, particularly with the starters playing that long. If not, we might start fretting. Will both Green and Gado be taking snaps on Monday?

And certainly the Bungles are not lacking in offensive weapons to challenge our D. The Bungles will be eager to put Carson on display for their fans and build up his confidence, so this match-up should be a solid test for us.

FavreChild
08-21-2006, 10:56 PM
Joe, where did your Spitz avatar go?? :sad:

RashanGary
08-21-2006, 11:20 PM
AHMAN GREEN!!!