PDA

View Full Version : Mike Neal's Adderall suspension

Patler
12-27-2012, 05:09 PM
I don't know if this was posted before or not, but it is the most complete description of Neal's situation that I have see. The prescription seems legit, but he failed to follow the proper procedures.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/neal-zeros-in-on-adderall-argument-ba7uka8-182700681.html

Fritz
12-28-2012, 08:44 AM
He had a funny response to finding out Sherman's suspension was overturned, didn't he? I think he was trying to say it was a blessing in the end because he's playing with more fire now. I think. He's not the most well-spoken dude.

But he is playing well, finally. But he does have this history of getting banged up...

If he's hurt for the post-season - and can we say with any confidence he won't be? - it will hurt the Packers' chances tremendously. He gets some push on that line. I've always liked the guy, but his health is a serious issue.

I wonder if his severe OCD tendencies contribute to his weight-room fanatacism?

pbmax
12-28-2012, 09:27 AM
He had a funny response to finding out Sherman's suspension was overturned, didn't he? I think he was trying to say it was a blessing in the end because he's playing with more fire now. I think. He's not the most well-spoken dude.

But he is playing well, finally. But he does have this history of getting banged up...

If he's hurt for the post-season - and can we say with any confidence he won't be? - it will hurt the Packers' chances tremendously. He gets some push on that line. I've always liked the guy, but his health is a serious issue.

I wonder if his severe OCD tendencies contribute to his weight-room fanatacism?

Probably. But there may be a low-key treatment for OCD on the horizon: http://io9.com/5971500/physicians-in-china-treat-addictions-by-destroying-the-brains-pleasure-center

Guiness
12-28-2012, 10:49 PM
He didn't come across as a very likeable guy in the article. A lot of 'woe is me'. Particularly didn't like the "you're not a football player? You don't understand PAIN". His comment about 'put on the pads and come see me' shows a lack of understanding - yes, he's right, 99.9% of us can't. That's why you make millions, moron. Lastly, I'm sure his crack about coke heads in the league didn't make any friends.

Not a lot to like here.