PDA

View Full Version : Greg Jennings: Family Man

Jimx29
12-28-2012, 04:04 AM
Greg Jennings: Family Man (http://sports.yahoo.com/video/family-man-greg-jennings-031005341.html)

red
12-28-2012, 08:14 AM
i really is sad when you have to let a guy like that go because of numbers

in a perfect world you would have a whole team full of GJ's

mmmdk
12-28-2012, 08:43 AM
i really is sad when you have to let a guy like that go because of numbers

in a perfect world you would have a whole team full of GJ's

I liked what I saw; good family...except for the religious part. Religion does not own a patent on stabilty and structure to life in the world...most often quite the opposite. The universe is 13.75 billion years old and the human religious arrogance is a mere few thousand years old and still new waco religions keep popping up, shoot, you almost elected one for President.

Follow the Green Bay Packers "religiously" instead. GO PACK GO! :pack:

denverYooper
12-28-2012, 08:53 AM
They sure love their laundry detergent.

Fritz
12-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Religious people love their laundry detergent?

denverYooper
12-28-2012, 09:05 AM

Cleanliness is next to Godliness.

King Friday
12-28-2012, 09:19 AM

It smells nice.

Cheesehead Craig
12-28-2012, 09:59 AM
It smells nice.

Jennings does smell nice with all that Old Spice.

red
12-28-2012, 10:35 AM
I liked what I saw; good family...except for the religious part. Religion does not own a patent on stabilty and structure to life in the world...most often quite the opposite. The universe is 13.75 billion years old and the human religious arrogance is a mere few thousand years old and still new waco religions keep popping up, shoot, you almost elected one for President.

i'll let jennings slide if he's a bit of a religious wako. both his parents were ministers after all

Freak Out
12-28-2012, 12:09 PM
I wonder if Dog will tell him to lake a lesser contract to stay in GB?

woodbuck27
12-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Cleanliness is next to Godliness.

You are what you read.....believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KghZK2U1kWU

woodbuck27
12-28-2012, 12:48 PM

I understand the point your trying to make. This surely does not apply to Greg Jennings personal choices as 'the family man' he obviously is trying to be mmmdk. Much of the best values I hold today are a credit to my parents choice to include religion as a main ingredient in family rearing.

Thanks for this inside look into Greg Jennings personal life.

Cheesehead Craig
12-28-2012, 01:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQdu4UOCUZc

Jimx29
12-28-2012, 02:03 PM
One thing that struck me was for him being 28 and having 4 kids reminds me of one of Groucho Marx's better quotes: "I love my cigar but I take it out of my mouth once in a while"

smuggler
12-28-2012, 02:35 PM
I'd take a (tempered) Biblebelter over a random atheist. Not all atheists are like Marcus Aurelius, you know. Sure, there are religophiles, but there are anarchists and nihilists and that sort as well. A good religion, be it moral atheism or Christianity, etc, is *part* of a balanced breakfast. You just have to remember, we're just people, and we disagree.

MJZiggy
12-28-2012, 10:38 PM
I can't figure out why they make so much fuss about a man wanting to be a part of his kids' lives. That's not something spectacular, he's their father. That's his role. You have kids, it's messy. There's puke and poop involved (and with sons, a little pee on the wall when the diaper comes off). I just don't think that taking proper care of your kids is newsworthy.

swede
12-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Thanks, Zig. Good thoughts. Agreed.

pbmax
12-29-2012, 07:46 AM
Its newsworthy during the Holidays and especially this year given the recent public tragedies.

But its not a remarkable trait for a football player, or any person to have per se.

But the news business is also a factor as well. Its far more self-evdent and safe to bemoan tragedy and the failures of people and society. Finding an example like Jennings, a relatively known commodity, takes time and a certain willingness of the subject to cooperate.

Being a good father is a lot like being an offensive lineman. Most people don't notice you until you screw it up. :)

mmmdk
12-29-2012, 12:02 PM
i'll let jennings slide if he's a bit of a religious wako. both his parents were ministers after all

Me too! Nothing wrong with the Jennings - what so ever! Nothing wrong [as such] with faith; my beef is with demagogue religious people and GJ is not such a person. I would lament GJ leaving Packers yet it is a business.