PDA

View Full Version : MVP

Pugger
12-28-2012, 12:50 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/aaron-rodgers-not-manning-peterson-anyone-else-nfl-204800898--nfl.html

woodbuck27
12-28-2012, 01:01 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/aaron-rodgers-not-manning-peterson-anyone-else-nfl-204800898--nfl.html

Really tough to argue against this. I've no idea why it seems so unlikely that Aaron Rodgers should win back to back season MVP's?

I believe it comes down to this weekend and Packers at Vikings.

If AP has a big day and even increases his yards rushing to over 2000 and the Vikings win the game and a playoff spot then he's the MVP.

If the Packers defeat Minny then it 'only' makes sense to award the MVP to Aaron Rodgers.

One of these two players must make a clear statement this weekend.

GO Aaron Rodgers and the GREEN BAY PACKERS !

smuggler
12-28-2012, 02:22 PM
People got the MVP right last season by not trying to insert ghosts of greatness to break ties between players. For the exact opposite reason, when Manning wins the MVP this year, they'll have gotten it wrong.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Very interesting article. Makes a very strong argument for why Rodgers should win it. One flaw I would point out is the author many times references him being sacked 46 times as a credit to him. I would argue that about half of those sacks are Rodgers holding the ball to long trying to keep the play alive. I don't think his high sack numbers should be viewed as a credit to him because if you look at his career he seems to always get sacked at least 30-35 times a year regardless of who is blocking.

I want to give it to Peterson just based off how amazing he has been this year not based off of logical comparisons among the candidates.

Give Manning the MVP, I’ll take another super bowl title for Rodgers instead.

RashanGary
12-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Rodgers is going to dwarf MVPeterson on Sunday, and will steal his glory. Whether AR wins it or not, he's going to make Peterson look bad and Manning or Brady will get it . The best player on the field will be AR and that will be enough to knock AD out of it.

RashanGary
12-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Plus, we're gonna hold him under 75 yards. He won't even get his 2,000

Pugger
12-29-2012, 07:04 AM
Really tough to argue against this. I've no idea why it seems so unlikely that Aaron Rodgers should win back to back season MVP's?

I believe it comes down to this weekend and Packers at Vikings.

If AP has a big day and even increases his yards rushing to over 2000 and the Vikings win the game and a playoff spot then he's the MVP.

If the Packers defeat Minny then it 'only' makes sense to award the MVP to Aaron Rodgers.

One of these two players must make a clear statement this weekend.

GO Aaron Rodgers and the GREEN BAY PACKERS !

If you listen to the talking heads on TV or on websites besides Yahoo if AP doesn't win it P. Manning will. :p

Pugger
12-29-2012, 07:08 AM
Very interesting article. Makes a very strong argument for why Rodgers should win it. One flaw I would point out is the author many times references him being sacked 46 times as a credit to him. I would argue that about half of those sacks are Rodgers holding the ball to long trying to keep the play alive. I don't think his high sack numbers should be viewed as a credit to him because if you look at his career he seems to always get sacked at least 30-35 times a year regardless of who is blocking.

I want to give it to Peterson just based off how amazing he has been this year not based off of logical comparisons among the candidates.

Rodgers tendency to hang onto the ball is a blessing and a curse. He is loathe to throw it up for grabs so he'll take a sack instead but the loss of yards kills drives. I'll take his sacks over turnovers but what worries me more is Aaron's overall health back there!

woodbuck27
12-29-2012, 05:18 PM

" I don't think his high sack numbers should be viewed as a credit to him because if you look at his career he seems to always get sacked at least 30-35 times a year regardless of who is blocking." PaCkFan_n_MD

Shhhh ! Alot of the experts arn't looking at it that way Packer fan. Over the past five seasons Aaron Rodgers has been sacked an average of about 40 times per season.

PACKERS !