PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Drops

Jimx29
12-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Interesting graph. You can toggle the different columns too.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2012/

Pugger
12-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Interesting. Cobb has a larger drop percentage than Finley...

Joemailman
12-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Looking at that list makes me wonder if we focus too much on drops. Looks like a lot of great receivers drop a lot of passes.

KYPack
12-29-2012, 07:31 PM
James Jones has two drops this year?

He used to have that many in a half.

That's a pretty cool site.

denverYooper
12-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Interesting. Cobb has a larger drop percentage than Finley...

8.97 > 8.65

Bretsky
12-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Fin has really been playing better the past few weeks
He had a terrible run mid season

red
12-29-2012, 10:08 PM
that graph is full of shit

finley now only has 7? i could have sworn he had 9 a few weeks back

i guess watching a ball hit you right in the face not only doesn't count as a drop, but it now takes drops off your total

i think most these drop site take drops to be a ball where the receiver doesn't have to make any effort to catch the ball. if the WR or TE has to raise his hands 3 inches to catch the ball and has the thing bounce through both hands, then his face, then back through his hands, well thats not his fault, that was a bad throw

red
12-29-2012, 10:09 PM
Fin has really been playing better the past few weeks
He had a terrible run mid season

and early season

man, that chart really show you where the shitty qb's are

fitz with 151 targets and only 69 catches
torrey smith 109 with 49 catches

denarius moore 108 and 50
justin blackmon 119 and 58
reggie wayne 183 for 102

Bretsky
12-29-2012, 10:20 PM
and early season

in fact he has now had exactly 2 decent games this season, both coming in the last 2 games

Oh stop being so nitpicky. Dude has talent. It would not surprise me if TT drafts a high end TE in plannning for Finley's departure though

Speaking of drafting, am I ever going to see you in the PR Playoffs again ?

I seem to have turned into the Falcons while your absence reminds me of the Jaguars

red
12-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Oh stop being so nitpicky. Dude has talent. It would not surprise me if TT drafts a high end TE in plannning for Finley's departure though

Speaking of drafting, am I ever going to see you in the PR Playoffs again ?

I seem to have turned into the Falcons while your absence reminds me of the Jaguars

i was ranked fifth (7-6) when it was time to select the teams for the PR playoffs

the i went on to win the yahoo division title, so go figure. my team was stacked, but inconsistent. i think i had 4 of the top 5 highest scores of the year in our group. i also scored the most points for the year and thus had the highest per week average, but still lost 6 games. also looking at the stats, i played the hardest schedule, i had the most points scored against me

my average score was me-131
my opponents - 122

the guy who was the top seed in our division that we sent on to the PR playoffs (12-1), well teams only averaged 106 points against him while he averaged 123

lot of luck involved

swede
12-29-2012, 11:42 PM
i was ranked fifth (7-6) when it was time to select the teams for the PR playoffs

the i went on to win the yahoo division title, so go figure. my team was stacked, but inconsistent. i think i had 4 of the top 5 highest scores of the year in our group. i also scored the most points for the year and thus had the highest per week average, but still lost 6 games. also looking at the stats, i played the hardest schedule, i had the most points scored against me

my average score was me-131
my opponents - 122

the guy who was the top seed in our division that we sent on to the PR playoffs (12-1), well teams only averaged 106 points against him while he averaged 123

lot of luck involved

I had a year like that once. I'd lose games by two and then the three games I won were blowouts. Fantasy football takes a surprising amount of work, but it makes Sundays more interesting when you are so familiar with the rosters.

sharpe1027
12-30-2012, 04:29 AM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/03/three-year-drop-rate-tight-ends/

This tracks the past three years where he ranks as the fourth worst TE in the NFL.

I'm not sure how he has only 7 this year. He had three in the niners game alone. This article puts him at nine drops after 13 games.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/finley-takes-blame-for-dropped-passes-vq3g26r-135840383.html?ipad=y

red
12-30-2012, 07:56 AM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/03/three-year-drop-rate-tight-ends/

This tracks the past three years where he ranks as the fourth worst TE in the NFL.

I'm not sure how he has only 7 this year. He had three in the niners game alone. This article puts him at nine drops after 13 games.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/finley-takes-blame-for-dropped-passes-vq3g26r-135840383.html?ipad=y

as much as i would love to have that article back up my posts, i just can't

the article is from a year ago

gbgary
12-30-2012, 09:06 AM
I think the definition of a drop need to be clarified. to me it's a sure catch not made. troy aikman seems to call anything a guy gets a finger on, a drop. as for James jones' drops in the past, I seem to remember that they were mostly all of the over-the-shoulder variety. he's cleaned that up...so has fin. I've never been a jj or fin hater. I always said they should keep them. both will be around for several more years.

sharpe1027
12-30-2012, 01:32 PM
as much as i would love to have that article back up my posts, i just can't

the article is from a year ago

Well shoot. I guess I should read the fine print. Past performance can be an indicator of future performance...right?

pbmax
12-30-2012, 01:41 PM
I think the definition of a drop need to be clarified. to me it's a sure catch not made. troy aikman seems to call anything a guy gets a finger on, a drop. as for James jones' drops in the past, I seem to remember that they were mostly all of the over-the-shoulder variety. he's cleaned that up...so has fin. I've never been a jj or fin hater. I always said they should keep them. both will be around for several more years.

Its tough and even with definitions equal, people can view it differently. Its best to just use one person/publication's numbers for comparison and avoid mixing them. That is why Bob's numbers are tough to square with PFF or these guys.

sharpe1027
12-30-2012, 01:46 PM

If money was not important than sure. At some point Finley may price himself out of a spot. A few tough roster decisions are coming up. Finley may well stay but it will likely be at the expense of another starter if they keep him long term.