PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers at Vikings Gameday Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

woodbuck27
12-30-2012, 09:10 PM
We lost this game because Dom Capers is a moron. I agree with Wist. Why not play man coverage and challenge their pathetic Wr's? 3rd and 11, 3rd and 12, etc, rushes only 3 guys and plays the corners deep - first down each time. Are you hoping the QB falls down?? Really, is that the plan?? One play Williams is covering a fullback and is playing off 15 yards - first down on 2nd and very long.

Their WR’s are not beating our corners straight up in man coverage!! Does he at least learn and alter his game plan?? Fuck no, it doesn’t work so lets just keep doing it no matter how many points they score. He sucked last year and he still sucks now.

I agree play the receivers man to man. Check how often the Viking receivers run their routes 'short' of the first down marker.

digitaldean
12-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Looks like we are the late game at 7pm Central on NBC. Thank God I don't have to listen to that moron Aikman or that metrosexual announcer Joe Buck. How those two doofs can be a number one broadcast team is beyond me.

Defense clearly needs to play better. If Christian Ponder can bet a 100+ QB rating on us, that's shameful. We tackle better, that screen to Gerhart doesn't get anywhere and Peterson gets reasonably controlled.

Obviously want to go as far as possible in the playoffs, but this team needs to win a home playoff game, especially since it's against the Queens.

Williams penalty on the 3rd down stop was inexcusable.

Pugger
12-30-2012, 09:12 PM
I think 52 knocked the wind out of himself

He really slammed hard on his back. I feared for a while he had a concussion. I was happy to see him back out there. I wish he could have had a couple more sacks tho.

Pugger
12-30-2012, 09:13 PM
How does MD Jennings not pick that off?

MD has had a couple of wild things happen in the end zone on the road this year. :razz:

Pugger
12-30-2012, 09:16 PM
God I hate that fucking horn.

You and me both! :razz:

Pugger
12-30-2012, 09:17 PM
Even the Finley detractors have to give the dude some credit for today

He had a nice game today.

Pugger
12-30-2012, 09:20 PM
my god

when a-rod is on, he IS the best

fify

rbaloha1
12-30-2012, 09:22 PM
IMO Capers called the correct defenses and blitzes but the players failed to perform.

Many AP yards came after the running lanes were clogged. AP bounced it outside while the secondary whiffed.

Hayward made a mistake and should have played deeper -- rookie mistake.

Why all the hate for Buckman and Aikman -- they both favor the Packers and provide good insights.

denverYooper
12-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Nice to see the troll patrol out tonight.

Pugger
12-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Raji always pointing that one finger like he's telling the Vikes not to run on them; that's bullshit.....this is a guy who just ran 160 on you

At least the shit didn't get the record. Missed it by nine damn yards. :taunt:

Packers4Glory
12-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Looks like we are the late game at 7pm Central on NBC. Thank God I don't have to listen to that moron Aikman or that metrosexual announcer Joe Buck. How those two doofs can be a number one broadcast team is beyond me.

Defense clearly needs to play better. If Christian Ponder can bet a 100+ QB rating on us, that's shameful. We tackle better, that screen to Gerhart doesn't get anywhere and Peterson gets reasonably controlled.

Obviously want to go as far as possible in the playoffs, but this team needs to win a home playoff game, especially since it's against the Queens.

7 PM? HELL YEAH I should be able to watch this now!

Packers4Glory
12-30-2012, 09:39 PM
IMO Capers called the correct defenses and blitzes but the players failed to perform.

Many AP yards came after the running lanes were clogged. AP bounced it outside while the secondary whiffed.

Hayward made a mistake and should have played deeper -- rookie mistake.

Why all the hate for Buckman and Aikman -- they both favor the Packers and provide good insights.

Williams wiffed, or in once instance decided not to engage an attempt a tackle. He figured he'd let him go and chase him from behind. Williams played a shit game. his grade should be just a big flaming bag of turds. I hope he's embarrassed watching the film.

woodbuck27
12-30-2012, 09:40 PM

We cannot lose next weekend because that would make for an unbearable off season.

Holy Cow I cannot imagine that.

Pugger
12-30-2012, 09:41 PM
If the defense is gonna have a crappy game I'd rather it be TODAY rather than in the playoffs. We did pretty well the last time we didn't get a bye...

woodbuck27
12-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Williams wiffed, or in once instance decided not to engage an attempt a tackle. He figured he'd let him go and chase him from behind. Williams played a shit game. his grade should be just a big flaming bag of turds. I hope he's embarrassed watching the film.

I'd love to see the game film isolated on those two players. It appears that Williams just flat out lost his cool. He needed his emotions reigned in a wee bit.

denverYooper
12-30-2012, 09:52 PM

LOL!

It would be easy to argue that Tramon cost them this one. He was a disaster.

mmmdk
12-30-2012, 10:30 PM
AD?

Okay, Packer fan

AD = All Day

mmmdk
12-30-2012, 10:33 PM
I am starting to wonder that Dom didn't want to empty his whole playbook in case we lost and had to play them again next week. To me that is horrible logic but against TENN we were blitzing like crazy and then this week we played off a lot.

It makes sense.

pbmax
12-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Dom Capers strikes again!!!

God love him... 2:00 minutes left, 3rd and 11, and he calls his default defense - rush 3 and cover no one, lol...

A tiger doesn't change his stripes... the man can't be trusted ;)

Packer loss, bad beat on 3 man rush, here comes the one hit wonder!

Funny how he never comments when 3 man rush works. His work schedule must vary a lot.

pbmax
12-30-2012, 10:51 PM
On that play, the 3 down lineman defense would have worked, but Hayward abandoned his area, I don't know why, maybe he was afraid Ponder was going to run, but, I think he was responsible for covering the Viking WR that ending up catching the pass. Nobody was close to him, easy pitch and catch for a big gain. Should have never happened.

Hayward has the short zone as well, so he can't abandon it completely, but they ran no one into that area. The other receiver on that side ran deep and caught the attention of the other CB and safety.

But you know its third and forever. A catch in front of you is EXACTLY what you want. You have to think deep first. And when no one threatens short, you keep getting deeper.

pbmax
12-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Today's game was the Packers first "playoff" game. They failed miserably. It was very disconcerting and all Packer fans should realize that this team has many shortcomings that need to be overcome quickly (or addressed in the off-season) in order to reach Championship caliber play that we all should expect given the overall talent level of this team.

It was a playoff game for the Vikings. Packers still have a home game and are in the playoffs. Not the same thing. Next Sunday, the game will carry even consequences.

Saturday at 7 is NBC and the backup announcing team. I think that is the Notre Dame Broadcasting Company with Tom Hammond and Mike Mayock.

EDIT: Wrong. 7 PM is second NBC game Sat so its the A-Team with Al and Chris and Dan and John and Frank and Dennis and the other Dan and Alex and Don and Rodney and Tony and the other other Dan.

pbmax
12-30-2012, 11:40 PM
Difference between this game and Lambeau a few weeks ago?

Not M3, not TOs, not AP, Matthews or Wilson and not Cobb.

Credit where credit is due, Christian Ponder delivered when he had to. In the Lambeau game, every time the defense or AP gave them a chance, he threw a beach towel that floated to the ground nowhere near the receiver. He was far better this game and should take a bow.

gbgary
12-30-2012, 11:43 PM
i think the next game is going to be a lot like tonight's. whoever has the ball last is probably going to win the game. i just hope it's not bitter-ass cold or rainy.

Packers4Glory
12-31-2012, 08:31 AM
i think the next game is going to be a lot like tonight's. whoever has the ball last is probably going to win the game. i just hope it's not bitter-ass cold or rainy.

I do. I hope the field sucks and takes away some of AP's cuts and makes him have to run more straight ahead. Easier to contain him under bad conditions than good.

I think we showed again we can run the ball decent and our WR and QB are much better than theirs. If we can find a way to slow AP down either scheme or mother nature, we will win this one rather easily.

esoxx
01-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Good call wist. It's always good to hear your one dimensional thinking.

Please chime in after next week's game in Lambeau Field. I look forward to your cogent analysis as always.

Looking forward to your analysis. I will predict it is four letters.

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 10:46 PM
Looking forward to your analysis. I will predict it is four letters.

K-U-H-N ??

Jimx29
01-05-2013, 10:47 PM
n/m

esoxx
01-05-2013, 10:51 PM
K-U-H-N ??

W-E-B-B

Had nothing to do with Capers or the defense.

MJZiggy
01-05-2013, 10:54 PM
W-E-B-B

I'd say they did a pretty good job of holding Petersen in check. Something this D has not typically done well of late.

esoxx
01-05-2013, 10:55 PM
I'd say they did a pretty good job of holding Petersen in check. Something this D has not typically done well of late.

And I would say you are right, wist not withstanding.

RashanGary
01-05-2013, 10:56 PM

He got about 20% of his yards in junk time too.

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 10:57 PM
W-E-B-B

esoxx ...we won that game tonight because we finally resembled a Championship caliber team on both sides of the ball.

Our 'D' came to play ball and not look so vanilla. Our tackling was dramatically better.

PACKERS !

RashanGary
01-05-2013, 11:03 PM
esoxx ...we won that game tonight because we finally resembled a Championship caliber team on both sides of the ball.

Our 'D' came to play ball and not look so vanilla. Our tackling was dramatically better.

PACKERS !

Not letting AP get outside was huge too. That guy makes his hay with his raw, straight line speed. We didn't let him get those running starts.

esoxx
01-05-2013, 11:09 PM
Not letting AP get outside was huge too. That guy makes his hay with his raw, straight line speed. We didn't let him get those running starts.

Actually, I'm really surprised the Vikings didn't game plan better knowing most of the week Ponder was suspect to play. He didn't practice all week and had an injury to his dominant arm. They had ample time to put in a game plan that would have played to Webb's strengths, which is his feet. Before the game, when the sideline babe interviewed Frazier, she asked him about planning with Webb. Frazier noted they had some plays in for him (run).

Where were the QB draws? Where were the play action fakes to AP with Webb boot-legging out wide in open space with a run/throw option?

Honestly, that suprised me. Poor utilization of strengths, poor game planning by the Vikings.

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 11:12 PM

We put an 'ARCH' defense on him to force him inside and not be able to bounce it outside as easily.

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 11:16 PM
W-E-B-B

Yes considering that C. Ponder played his best game of the season last week...your correct esoxx. That change at QB had to be alarming and disruptive to the Vikings all over.

I still saw a much more focused 'D' on our side though.