PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Minnesota Vikings

esoxx
12-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Hey, nice game Minnesota. Very nice job exploiting your manufactured noise and all around Metrodome chaos.

I'm sorry, I mean Mall of America Field chaos (changed the name several times, we only have one name for our field, L-A-M-B-E-A-U F-I-E-L-D).

You did well today Minnesota, you did well. I tip my hat in your general direction.

But guess what. You get to come to our place next week. Come on in, the weather's fine. Blair Walsh will love kicking long FG's in this place (snicker).

What? Your QB hasn't been in the playoffs before? That's a shame. Our QB is playoff tested and won a Super Bowl just two years ago under his helm.

What's that? You're unfamiliar with winning a Super Bowl? Let's just say it's not easy, even though we have four and you have.....wait for it......NONE.

So go ahead. Revel tonight. You earned it. Congratulations from the state of Wisconsin to you and yours in this Holiday Season.

But guess what. You're coming to our place next week bitches. Look up at the Ring of Honor, soak in the World Championships titles signifying greatness on the facade. It's as close as your franchise will come to greatness. Sad I know and trust me we feel for you (well, at least some of us do).

Wake up. Your dream is about to end.

And remember, you're just a piece in the puzzle of our next Super Bowl run. Nothing more. Nothing less. You will lose. We will win.

And world order will be restored.

Sucks to be you, Minnesota.

P.S.

Oh yes, AP (I refuse to call you AD like some fans from these parts) great game! You've had an awesome year and will go down in the Hall of Greats to ever play the game. We know greatness when we see it. Yes indeed. For you see, we've had several over here in the place where Lombardi once roamed that are All-Time Greats. Thus we salute you.

And yet, like Dan Marino, you'll never have a Super Bowl ring to flash. That's a shame. I feel for you as do all of us in Packer Nation for being drated in to an inferior organization. But that is your lot in life. NO RING FOR YOU - NEXT!!!

P.S. II

Misspoke again. My bad. I compared you to Dan Marino and that's not fair. Dan Marino at least made it to the Super Bowl. You? Ummmm no. So, unfair comparison by me. Carry on.

P.S. III

Oh damn. You came up only nine yards short of the ALL TIME SINGLE SEASON RUSHING RECORD YOU SO COVETED AP?!? That's got to sting, knowing how much you cherised the record. LOL That's a damn shame, it really is.

See you next weekend.

denverYooper
12-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Hey, nice game Minnesota. Very nice job exploiting your manufactured noise and all around Metrodome chaos.

The clock operator was a little quick on the trigger when Green Bay had the ball, too. All around, it reminded me of some of the creative things Atlanta does to ensure a home field advantage. No matter, things are going to look a lot different next week.

woodbuck27
12-30-2012, 07:55 PM
:talk .....but you know what works best >>>>> Not that bottle of bitter pills.

Good Karma....... :smile:

GO PACK GO!

Pugger
12-30-2012, 07:56 PM
The clock operator was a little quick on the trigger when Green Bay had the ball, too. All around, it reminded me of some of the creative things Atlanta does to ensure a home field advantage. No matter, things are going to look a lot different next week.

I wondered about that in the first half! God, I hate that dump those idiots play in. There were 2 things that were great about this game:

#1 the bares are out of it
#2 AP missed his stupid record by NINE stinking points! :taunt:

esoxx
12-30-2012, 08:01 PM
:talk .....but you know what works best >>>>>

GO PACK GO!

Please point out any inacuracies in my talk, Packer fan.

woodbuck27
12-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Please point out any inacuracies in my talk, Packer fan.

esoxx. You come off as very accurately 'you' Packer fan.

GO PACK GO !

mraynrand
12-30-2012, 08:37 PM

I'm sorry, I mean Mall of America Field chaos (changed the name several times, we only have one name for our field, L-A-M-B-E-A-U F-I-E-L-D).

You did well today Minnesota, you did well. I tip my hat in your general direction.

But guess what. You get to come to our place next week. Come on in, the weather's fine. Blair Walsh will love kicking long FG's in this place (snicker).

What? Your QB hasn't been in the playoffs before? That's a shame. Our QB is playoff tested and won a Super Bowl just two years ago under his helm.

What's that? You're unfamiliar with winning a Super Bowl? Let's just say it's not easy, even though we have four and you have.....wait for it......NONE.

So go ahead. Revel tonight. You earned it. Congratulations from the state of Wisconsin to you and yours in this Holiday Season.

But guess what. You're coming to our place next week bitches. Look up at the Ring of Honor, soak in the World Championships titles signifying greatness on the facade. It's as close as your franchise will come to greatness. Sad I know and trust me we feel for you (well, at least some of us do).

And remember, you're just a piece in the puzzle of our next Super Bowl run. Nothing more. Nothing less. You will lose. We will win.

P.S.

Oh yes, AP (I refuse to call you AD like some fans from these parts) great game! You've had an awesome year and will go down in the Hall of Greats to ever play the game. We know greatness when we see it. Yes indeed. For you see, we've had several over here in the place where Lombardi once roamed that are All-Time Greats. Thus we salute you.

And yet, like Dan Marino, you'll never have a Super Bowl ring to flash. That's a shame. I feel for you as do all of us in Packer Nation for being drated in to an inferior organization. But that is your lot in life. NO RING FOR YOU - NEXT!!!

P.S. II

Misspoke again. My bad. I compared you to Dan Marino and that's not fair. Dan Marino at least made it to the Super Bowl. You? Ummmm no. So, unfair comparison by me. Carry on.

P.S. III

Oh damn. You came up only nine yards short of the ALL TIME SINGLE SEASON RUSHING RECORD YOU SO COVETED AP?!? That's got to sting, knowing how much you cherised the record. LOL That's a damn shame, it really is.

See you next weekend.

excellent vitriol. love it. Repped as much as possible.

woodbuck27
12-30-2012, 08:45 PM
excellent vitriol. love it. Repped as much as possible.

Ohh Yea ! All night long. It's hilarious.

It's just a game that the Vikings needed very badly, prepared well for and played hard ..... to win.

End of that chapter. The next one comes next weekend.

GO PACKERS !

digitaldean
12-30-2012, 09:16 PM
We need to start fast and bury these jokers. We can't spot ANY team in the playoffs 13 points and have multiple 3 and outs to start the game.

Still confident we can win Saturday night. I want this game put away as quickly as possible and embarrass the hell out of these purple pansies.

woodbuck27
12-30-2012, 10:20 PM
We need to start fast and bury these jokers. We can't spot ANY team in the playoffs 13 points and have multiple 3 and outs to start the game.

Still confident we can win Saturday night. I want this game put away as quickly as possible and embarrass the hell out of these purple pansies.

I just don't want to see us lose again in the playoffs at home. I don't need to see us embarass them...'just' beat them.

GO PACKERS !

digitaldean
12-30-2012, 10:28 PM
We get Al Michaels and Collinsworth. No huge fan of Michaels but he's light years better than Aikhead and metroBuck.

mmmdk
12-30-2012, 10:34 PM
I just don't want to see us lose again in the playoffs at home. I don't need to see us embarass them...'just' beat them.

GO PACKERS !

:tup:

mmmdk
12-30-2012, 10:35 PM
We get Al Michaels and Collinsworth. No huge fan of Michaels but he's light years better than Aikhead and metroBuck.

I find them okay!

mmmdk
12-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Make no mistake; Minnesota were the big winners today and they've got nothing to lose at Lambeau next saturday! Vikings & All Day kinda has our number this season and Packers have everything to lose! Fifty-fifty game.

Badgerinmaine
12-30-2012, 10:41 PM
The Packers have changed the name of their stadium, too. It opened as City Stadium and didn't become Lambeau Field until 8 years later. But what does the name of the field in the Metrodome have to do with anything, anyway?

Badgerinmaine
12-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Make no mistake; Minnesota were the big winners today and they've got nothing to lose at Lambeau next saturday! Vikings & All Day kinda has our number this season and Packers have everything to lose! Fifty-fifty game.
I respectfully dissent. Peterson had a huge game this year at Lambeau, too, but the Packers still won by 9. Yes, Ponder has developed since then. But both the Metrodome and Lambeau Field are big home field advantage stadiums. Aaron Rodgers had a lot of trouble getting plays off on time in the first half with the noise. That won't be a problem for him Saturday. Crosby has his mojo back, too. It will be competitive, but I don't see any reason not to favor the Pack.

esoxx
12-30-2012, 10:53 PM
The Packers have changed the name of their stadium, too. It opened as City Stadium and didn't become Lambeau Field until 8 years later. But what does the name of the field in the Metrodome have to do with anything, anyway?

You are correct sir. I meant to say our stadium has had one name since the Eisenhower era, or before the Vikings were established as a franchise. The name of the stadium is inconsequential, only a matter of pride to say we don't play at Bay View Mall Stadium. LOL
To me, it will always be the shitdome anyhow. You can smell it from here with a good west wind.

esoxx
12-30-2012, 10:55 PM

You're extremely wrong in your assessment this will be a coin flip game. Not only do I disagree with you, but Vegas will as well when the opening line comes out. This isn't a pick 'em game. Not at all.

Joemailman
12-30-2012, 11:04 PM
You're extremely wrong in your assessment this will be a coin flip game. Not only do I disagree with you, but Vegas will as well when the opening line comes out. This isn't a pick 'em game. Not at all.

Early line has packers by 7.5. http://www.examiner.com/article/2012-13-nfl-playoff-printable-bracket-vegas-odds-wild-card-weekend-schedule

mmmdk
12-30-2012, 11:06 PM
I respectfully dissent. Peterson had a huge game this year at Lambeau, too, but the Packers still won by 9. Yes, Ponder has developed since then. But both the Metrodome and Lambeau Field are big home field advantage stadiums. Aaron Rodgers had a lot of trouble getting plays off on time in the first half with the noise. That won't be a problem for him Saturday. Crosby has his mojo back, too. It will be competitive, but I don't see any reason not to favor the Pack.

You just jinxed Crosby! :lol: Fine post btw. :tup:

Freak Out
12-30-2012, 11:06 PM
To hell with the Vikings...time to break some purple hearts.

woodbuck27
12-30-2012, 11:09 PM

I think Vegas will have us at [-4.5] on gameday unless we get R. Cobb back and have the rest back fr. this week.

Then it will be Packers [-6].

mmmdk
12-30-2012, 11:15 PM

That's one extreme post! :wink: Vegas is always right? Packers have lost a BUNCH of homefield playoff games the last 10-12 years (also the only ones); the Frozen Tundra just isn't a fortress anymore and Falcons, Vikings and Giants twice is the proof.

Packers will & should be favored but that's why they play the games on the field and not in Vegas.

mmmdk
12-30-2012, 11:16 PM
To hell with the Vikings...time to break some purple hearts.

This I understand! :lol:

RashanGary
12-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Worst game I've watched in a long time. . . Yuck. I really wanted that bye week.

RashanGary
12-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Zone defense came back to haunt us AGAIN. When we play a team like this, where we have to keep our eyes to the backfield and can't play man defense, this is what happens. McMillan is awful. Other than that, the rest of them were bad. Way too many missed assignments. Just bad.

Woodson will be a big help, IF he ever gets back.

BZnDallas
12-30-2012, 11:33 PM
Meh, i'll give credit where credit is due... i have a roommate that is a bares fan and one that is a viking fan... i texted the viking fan after the second (supposed "iced" kick) went through the uprights, 'good game, welcome to the dance'... none of it matters anymore... it comes down to Sat. night... i like our chances and i was agree woodbuck, i was thinking 4-4.5 would be the spread... i'm happy the Gmen are out, i'm happy the bares are out, i would have prefered the first round bye... but it doesn't matter anymore... it all comes down to Sat. night... hahaha... GO PACK GO!!

Packgator
12-31-2012, 12:32 AM
Vegas will have the Packers a 7 point favorite. Maybe more.

Badgerinmaine
12-31-2012, 12:39 AM
This site is typical of what I've found online--they have the Packers favored by 7.5 to 8. http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Pugger
12-31-2012, 01:41 AM
Let's look on the bright side. We did pretty well the last time we didn't have a bye. ;-)

ThunderDan
12-31-2012, 07:56 AM

I will be at the game so the Packers win pulling away. It has now been over 5 years since I have seen the Packers lose at Lambeau during the regular and post season (pre-season games don't count).

Like I said in an earlier thread this year, come to Lambeau when I am there and you will owe me a nice steak dinner.

son of a vic
12-31-2012, 08:06 AM
I will be at the game so the Packers win pulling away. It has now been over 5 years since I have seen the Packers lose at Lambeau during the regular and post season (pre-season games don't count).

Like I said in an earlier thread this year, come to Lambeau when I am there and you will owe me a nice steak dinner.

If you seriously think your presence in the stadium effects the outcome of a game, you need to get help immediately. Tell me it was tongue in cheek or I cannot take you seriously on any matter. It's impolite to drink your own kool-aid in front of others.

ThunderDan
12-31-2012, 08:52 AM
If you seriously think your presence in the stadium effects the outcome of a game, you need to get help immediately. Tell me it was tongue in cheek or I cannot take you seriously on any matter. It's impolite to drink your own kool-aid in front of others.

Go away Troll!

This is a fucking Packer fan site. Of course my presence in the stadium matters, that is why fan is short for fanatic! It matters that the labels are facing out for FGs and some guy is sitting in his lucky seat when SF won the Super Bowl.

son of a vic
12-31-2012, 09:11 AM
Go away Troll!

This is a fucking Packer fan site. Of course my presence in the stadium matters, that is why fan is short for fanatic! It matters that the labels are facing out for FGs and some guy is sitting in his lucky seat when SF won the Super Bowl.

And all these years I thought the team that played better determined the outcome. It was really the lucky used condom I wore on Super Bowl Sunday 1997 and again in 2011, Go figure. Packer fans don't have to be morons.

denverYooper
12-31-2012, 09:58 AM
And all these years I thought the team that played better determined the outcome. It was really the lucky used condom I wore on Super Bowl Sunday 1997 and again in 2011, Go figure. Packer fans don't have to be morons.

SHOOT MAN, FIND THAT RUBBER AND GET HUMPIN" BRAH!

MadtownPacker
12-31-2012, 10:12 AM
So fans in ATTENDANCE screaming at the top of their lungs have no effect on the game? You know Kool-aid has tons of sugar right? Might make folks hyper.

pbmax
12-31-2012, 10:33 AM
So fans in ATTENDANCE screaming at the top of their lungs have no effect on the game? You know Kool-aid has tons of sugar right? Might make folks hyper.

You light the Troll Signal last night after the game Mad? :lol:

denverYooper
12-31-2012, 10:44 AM

The main argument of the book Scorecasting was that teams with a solid and active fanbase get a few more calls in their favor. They posited that it was because 70,000 people yelling at you during a crucial moment in a game can ever-so-slightly alter the perception of officials when it comes to close calls in crucial situations. So there is pretty carefully laid out reasoning, backed by numbers, in long form, that this is more than just superstition.

sharpe1027
12-31-2012, 10:51 AM
The main argument of the book Scorecasting was that teams with a solid and active fanbase get a few more calls in their favor. They posited that it was because 70,000 people yelling at you during a crucial moment in a game can ever-so-slightly alter the perception of officials when it comes to close calls in crucial situations. So there is pretty carefully laid out reasoning, backed by numbers, in long form, that this is more than just superstition.

Yeah. Here's an article on that: http://www.freakonomics.com/2011/12/18/football-freakonomics-how-advantageous-is-home-field-advantage-and-why/

League Home Games Won
MLB 53.9%
NHL 55.7%
NFL 57.3%
NBA 60.5%
MLS 69.1%

denverYooper
12-31-2012, 11:20 AM
When Ponder pointed at Peterson after he threw that little TD pass to him as if to say "you the man", I thought he was really saying "without you I really wouldn't be worth 2 shits."

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-31-2012, 11:34 AM
Zone defense came back to haunt us AGAIN. When we play a team like this, where we have to keep our eyes to the backfield and can't play man defense, this is what happens. McMillan is awful. Other than that, the rest of them were bad. Way too many missed assignments. Just bad.

Woodson will be a big help, IF he ever gets back.

Why on 3rd and long do we have to play zone?

denverYooper
12-31-2012, 11:37 AM
Why on 3rd and long do we have to play zone?

They have had some success with it this year, yesterday notwithstanding. 3d down D has been much better and they have gotten by with the dreaded zone pretty often.

denverYooper
12-31-2012, 11:45 AM
BTW, you want to talk about kool-aid. Listen to Denver sports yak for the next couple of weeks. You'll think the Broncos already won the Superbowl.

woodbuck27
12-31-2012, 11:50 AM
I think Vegas will have us at [-4.5] on gameday unless we get R. Cobb back and have the rest back fr. this week.

Then it will be Packers [-6].

I checked the Vegas book on Vikings at Packers and it's set as follows (including the other 'Wild Card games'):

Date & Time Favorite Spread Underdog Total Money Odds

1/5 4:30 ET At Houston -4.5 ... Cincinnati ... O/U @ 43.5

1/5 8:00 ET At Green Bay -8 ... Minnesota ... O/U @ 46

1/6 1:00 ET At Baltimore -6.5 ... Indianapolis ... O/U @ 46.5

1/6 4:30 ET Seattle -2.5 At Washington ... O/U @ 45.5

GO PACKERS !

mraynrand
12-31-2012, 11:54 AM
don't pay attention to Vegas lines - remember that they want equal betting and Packer fans always overbet on their team. Always skews the odds. Packers Vikings game in Lambeau is a toss up.

denverYooper
12-31-2012, 12:32 PM
don't pay attention to Vegas lines - remember that they want equal betting and Packer fans always overbet on their team. Always skews the odds. Packers Vikings game in Lambeau is a toss up.

I agree about the overbetting likely being true. However, I don't think it's moved the line 8 points.

esoxx
12-31-2012, 12:48 PM
The line appears a little inflated and will likely get bet down to - 7 by game time. Far from a coin flip game. Pack solid favorite to win as they should be, based on mismatch at quarterback and homefield.

woodbuck27
12-31-2012, 12:51 PM
Worst game I've watched in a long time. . . Yuck. I really wanted that bye week.

Yes we all did.

I'm just reviewing that game right now. This is what I saw and how I feel about that.

Aaron Rodgers was SACKED 5 more times in this last game. That's a total of 51 SACKS on the season and 30m more SACKS then Peyton Manning had to endure to disrupt his game. Inspite of that statistic Aaron Rodgers had a QB Rating of 131.8 in that loss to Minny yesterday. An NFL leading QB Rating of 108.0 on the season. He passed for 4 TD's and zero picks (365 yards) and we lost that game !

We need to see our team play with more sense of emergency. To play with more heart. Get rid of the fricken' sure cock attitude and realize that every opponenet left now believes they can park Packer ass's in a dumpster.

If any of you Packer fans arn't getting this? It's well nigh and time you do. How many times this season have you seen your team play really well? We're not playing the NFL lowly life Jaguars,Titans or Cardinals anymore this season. We're fortunately, in the playoffs.

Our record Vs playoff bound teams this season is a sparkling 2 wins and 4 loss's. Are you really impressed? If you are you need to get a new perspective based on 'a reality check'. Two wins in six games Vs playoff teams sucks !

MM and his coaching staff have to work hard this week for any real chance of advancing past Minny. Start today to get our side ready for the Minnesota Vikings or we're going to be one and out again in the playoffs. Just as big a joke around the NFL, as some here want to make of the Atlanta Falcons. The last thing I want to read again from Mike McCarthy is that he felt that his team was fully prepared to win Vs the Vikings and other than that he has no explanation for that potential loss.

Hey Packer fans. Let's get serious. Screw that forgone mention of our last Super Bowl victory and how many the franchise has won Vs the Minnesota Vikings franchise record. That's what I call 'Bush League' mash mouth nonsense in terms of today. That's just crap in terms of the now and rings alot like fear every time I read it coming from a Packer fan. Teens in a school yard and down at the corner store crap like that ... not adults.

and.....Yes ! Bitterness..... is a hard pill to swollow. :smile:

What do we need to talk about on Packerrats!? This is my perspective as we await a huge rematch with the vikings next Saturday evening:

Our OL has to play better to protect Aaron Rodgers and not suffer so many hurries. Packer WR's need to run routes to get decent seperation from the opponents pass coverage. ie Greg Jennings got there as the game progressed. Recall his third TD of the season moving from left to right at the back of the end zone.

Our defense needs to tackle better and not play chippy. Our ST's need to tackle better. Our team needs to get to the ball carrier or potential pass catcher faster and hit him hard. We need all Packers 'on board' with some real immediency to get that done. I hate seeing Packer players allowing yards by not closing faster and in groups to punish the opponent.

We are seeing overall better balance in our teams offense as the man seems to be DuJuan Harris who provided Aaron Rodgers with some encouraging help again on the ball rushing side of the game. DuJuan Harris rushed 14 times for 70 yards, a 5.0 yard average. I like this little man because he has the heart we need to see in alot more Packer players. We need to see MM stay with some sense of a plan in our teams running game if we're to win next Saturday and beyond that this season.

We need to see Mike McCarthy use better game management skills. I read what a poster here had to say about all Mike Mccarthy has done in the past. Well the past isn't next Saturday. He has to somehow inspire his players or we're going to see 'the what do we have to lose' Adrian Peterson led Minnesota Vikings toss the Packers collective ass's in that dumpster.

I don't want to see that happen. We cannot go one and out again this season. No... not again !

GO PACKERS !

mraynrand
12-31-2012, 12:58 PM
I agree about the overbetting likely being true. However, I don't think it's moved the line 8 points.

more like 4-5. anything around 3 is a toss-up.

mraynrand
12-31-2012, 01:00 PM
The line appears a little inflated and will likely get bet down to - 7 by game time. Far from a coin flip game. Pack solid favorite to win as they should be, based on mismatch at quarterback and homefield.

Normally, I would agree with you. Except that the last two games have been close affairs on both fields; Packers needed horrible brain farts from Ponder to win that game in Lambeau. It's a rivalry and Vikings match up well with the Packers. Toss up.

woodbuck27
12-31-2012, 01:07 PM

Whatever that line is it won't matter diddly.

We are 'only' going to play as we come out of the gate. No good having a line fr. Vegas of [-7 or -8} and allowing the Vikings a 2 score lead.

With four minutes remaining in the second quarter last night we were down 13-0. Good communication between Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings got us to within one possession of the opponent; or we might have been lucky to come out of that 'only 10 points' down.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
12-31-2012, 01:13 PM
BTW, you want to talk about kool-aid. Listen to Denver sports yak for the next couple of weeks. You'll think the Broncos already won the Superbowl.

Screw the BRONCOS !

That's the last team I want to win the Super Bowl.

The tough part about that! Are there any teams in the NFC that match up well enough with them to take them down?

Seahawks?

Packers?

mmmdk
12-31-2012, 09:56 PM

I want to and I will go to Lambeau next season but Green Bay is a small town and there're some crazy turds that I do not want to know when I'd be attending Lambeau.

esoxx
12-31-2012, 11:18 PM
mmmdk, you tell me what game you want to go to and I'll host you my brother. Game ticket on me for my euro-friend. Just PM with what game you want to go to and you're there.

ThunderDan
01-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Hey Packer fans. Let's get serious. Screw that forgone mention of our last Super Bowl victory and how many the franchise has won Vs the Minnesota Vikings franchise record. That's what I call 'Bush League' mash mouth nonsense in terms of today. That's just crap in terms of the now and rings alot like fear every time I read it coming from a Packer fan. Teens in a school yard and down at the corner store crap like that ... not adults.

We need to see Mike McCarthy use better game management skills. I read what a poster here had to say about all Mike Mccarthy has done in the past. Well the past isn't next Saturday. He has to somehow inspire his players or we're going to see 'the what do we have to lose' Adrian Peterson led Minnesota Vikings toss the Packers collective ass's in that dumpster.

Let me address these two points from your novel (good to see the old Woodbuck back again).

1. How do teams get better? With practice and experience. So talking about the Super Bowl two years ago, that the core of Packer players are still on the roster, has plenty of meanng. How many playoff games do the Vikings have under their belt? How many playoff starts does Ponder have? How about on the road in the playoffs? How many playoff games has Frazier coached? What experience can they go back to to prepare for this Saturday night's game?

2. Did MM screw up in the game with the challenge last week, yes? But you know what, he has won the Super Bowl. He knows what is needed in the biggest moments to put his team in the position to win. What has Frazier shown for the Vikings? Has he won a playoff game?

Let me try and predict what is going to happen on Saturday night. The Viking are going to come out tight. ARod will get the D to jump with a hard count. The MINN OL is going to have 2 or 3 false start penalties and Ponder is going to sail his throws for the first two possesions of the game because he will have no experience to deal with the playoff reality.

Pugger
01-01-2013, 02:15 PM

No shit. :lol:

woodbuck27
01-01-2013, 02:20 PM
mmmdk, you tell me what game you want to go to and I'll host you my brother. Game ticket on me for my euro-friend. Just PM with what game you want to go to and you're there.

That's very very nice.

Congratulations esoxx.

Pugger
01-01-2013, 02:21 PM

You have my condolences. I usually listen to WDUZ on the internet so I can listen to Packer talk. :-)

Pugger
01-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Speaking of tickets it was amazing how many Packer fans were in attendance in Minneapolis for that game last Sunday.

Of the playoff teams we lost to the only one that was a beat down was the 49ers in the first game (We don't have to concern ourselves with the Gnats this time.). Our D is better now - last week not withstanding - and they might be without Justin Smith, one of their defensive standouts. They are also using a rookie QB. Rookie QBs usually falter in the playoffs because the pressure intensifies now. We got jobbed against the chicken of the Sea. We lost last week against a desperate team playing an almost perfect game and squeaked out a win on a FG at the end of regulation. If we play like we are capable of and don't screw up I like our chances.

woodbuck27
01-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Let me address these two points from your novel (good to see the old Woodbuck back again).

1. How do teams get better? With practice and experience. So talking about the Super Bowl two years ago, that the core of Packer players are still on the roster, has plenty of meanng. How many playoff games do the Vikings have under their belt? How many playoff starts does Ponder have? How about on the road in the playoffs? How many playoff games has Frazier coached? What experience can they go back to to prepare for this Saturday night's game?

2. Did MM screw up in the game with the challenge last week, yes? But you know what, he has won the Super Bowl. He knows what is needed in the biggest moments to put his team in the position to win. What has Frazier shown for the Vikings? Has he won a playoff game?

Let me try and predict what is going to happen on Saturday night. The Viking are going to come out tight. ARod will get the D to jump with a hard count. The MINN OL is going to have 2 or 3 false start penalties and Ponder is going to sail his throws for the first two possesions of the game because he will have no experience to deal with the playoff reality.

Sometimes a game as important to the Packer franchise as this one will inspire me. ;-)

"... talking about the Super Bowl two years ago, that the core of Packer players are still on the roster, has plenty of meanng." ThunderDan

I agree with you from the Packer personnel standpoint but NOT in terms of fan smack. Really will any Packer fan be so confident that that fan will pay hardly any interest to the actual game? That fan will be IMO, missing an exciting competitive game.

A game that's extremely important for the TT and MM edition of the Green Bay Packers. I doubt that come Saturday that those two men nor any Packer players will be resting on the laurels of any past victories. including those over the Vikings.

It will be that day and that matchup. It will be based in all of the preperation this week. Part of that may include a speech that includes the storied Green Bay Packer past.

" Did MM screw up in the game with the challenge last week, yes? But you know what, he has won the Super Bowl. He knows what is needed in the biggest moments to put his team in the position to win. What has Frazier shown for the Vikings? Has he won a playoff game? " ThunderDan

ThunderDan.... I looked at my recording of that play (the James Jones TD) and it's aftermath over and over and it's amazing to see it in review.

I think I know what MM was thinking when he so dramatically threw that Red Flag. He was reacting to the fumble call. I can understand his confusion as it all happens so fast. The confusion really arrives in our living room because of the fricken announcers that didn't have a clue what actually happened. I believe part of that may come with some prejudice. I reserve a definite opinion on that.

** RE: MM

" But you know what, ** he has won the Super Bowl. He knows what is needed in the biggest moments to put his team in the position to win. What has Frazier shown for the Vikings? Has he won a playoff game? " ThunderDan

There you go. That's your way...not mine.

I humbly disagree with that rhetoric as anything more than common smack talk and otherwise useless. It's a way of 'using bravado or being MACHO'; otherwise pointless in terms of what will go down at Lambeau Field Saturday evening. It's fan speak. All that does is piss people off as juvenile. All that does is cause bad karma.

I hope 'at least' that.... we can agree to disagree. ;-)

" Let me try and predict what is going to happen on Saturday night. The Viking are going to come out tight. ARod will get the D to jump with a hard count. The MINN OL is going to have 2 or 3 false start penalties and Ponder is going to sail his throws for the first two possesions of the game because he will have no experience to deal with the playoff reality. " ThunderDan

WOW! Where did you get your crystal ball? I want one just like it.

I'll predict that we'll see come the conclusion of the game Saturday evening. I expect a better game on our teams part and as a positive consequence .....' a Green Bay Packer win '.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
01-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Speaking of tickets it was amazing how many Packer fans were in attendance in Minneapolis for that game last Sunday.

Of the playoff teams we lost to the only one that was a beat down was the 49ers in the first game (We don't have to concern ourselves with the Gnats this time.). Our D is better now - last week not withstanding - and they might be without Justin Smith, one of their defensive standouts. They are also using a rookie QB. Rookie QBs usually falter in the playoffs because the pressure intensifies now. We got jobbed against the chicken of the Sea. We lost last week against a desperate team playing an almost perfect game and squeaked out a win on a FG at the end of regulation. If we play like we are capable of and don't screw up I like our chances.

That's good analysis and so we will be in the NFC Final again.

No FEAR.

PACKERS !

mmmdk
01-01-2013, 05:51 PM

Wow, that's fantastic. I'll have to wait until April when the schedule is released. My last two GB trips (2006 loss to Rams, 2008 loss to dirty birds) were in october. I think I want to feel some warmth when in GB! :lol: I've been thinking about picking Browns or Iggles 'cos I want to feel that Packer winning feeling so damn much.

...I don't know what to say really...other than being grateful and I will pay for the ticket 'cos I'm not fishing for free Lambeau tickets!

This is what make Americans great; open arms towards strangers! We've forgotten that here in Denmark.

Rastak
01-01-2013, 07:21 PM
Wow, that's fantastic. I'll have to wait until April when the schedule is released. My last two GB trips (2006 loss to Rams, 2008 loss to dirty birds) were in october. I think I want to feel some warmth when in GB! :lol: I've been thinking about picking Browns or Iggles 'cos I want to feel that Packer winning feeling so damn much.

...I don't know what to say really...other than being grateful and I will pay for the ticket 'cos I'm not fishing for free Lambeau tickets!

This is what make Americans great; open arms towards strangers! We've forgotten that here in Denmark.

I could have dreamed it but aren't you originally from the good ole USA? Not that it means anything, was just curious if I recalled that correctly.

esoxx
01-01-2013, 07:34 PM

Just give me a shout out when the schedule is released. I'm only a few hours from Lambeau whereas you're several time zones away so logistically whatever works best for you.

mmmdk
01-01-2013, 09:35 PM
I could have dreamed it but aren't you originally from the good ole USA? Not that it means anything, was just curious if I recalled that correctly.

Yup! Dual citizenship. Born at the Good Samaritan Hospital in Mesa (Phoenix) AZ, '72. Feeling Minnesota, Razzy? Europe is your dream, Rastak, join us! :lol:

Fritz
01-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Ras, go back to the land of your forefathers! Visit Norway, and see your family, talk Vikings with them.

mmmdk
01-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Yup! Dual citizenship. Born at the Good Samaritan Hospital in Mesa (Phoenix) AZ, '72. Feeling Minnesota, Razzy? Europe is your dream, Rastak, join us! :lol:

Just curious...why the need for confirmation on the Euro Rat? Been living in Europe for 87% of my life. But I'm more American than the paranoid isolationists [part] actually living in the US.

I aprove this message as a Packer post! :pack:

mmmdk
01-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Ras, go back to the land of your forefathers! Visit Norway, and see your family, talk Vikings with them.

Is Ras Norwegian?

mraynrand
01-03-2013, 03:38 PM
I want to watch a Packer game with Esoxx, several bricks and a collection of old TV sets.

denverYooper
01-03-2013, 03:52 PM
I wondered about that in the first half! God, I hate that dump those idiots play in. There were 2 things that were great about this game:

#1 the bares are out of it
#2 AP missed his stupid record by NINE stinking points! :taunt:

Rodgers on his show today noted that Mike Carey is noted for winding the clock quickly and that was on the Packers ref scouting report. He said that most of the problem was the offense's fault but noted that one of the delay of game penalties was because the Back Judge called it too quickly.

pbmax
01-03-2013, 04:15 PM
I want to watch a Packer game with Esoxx, several bricks and a collection of old TV sets.

Just make sure he doesn't call an audible ala TJ Rubley and aim a brick for the flat screen.

MJZiggy
01-03-2013, 09:22 PM
I want to watch a Packer game with Esoxx, several bricks and a collection of old TV sets.I have one you can have if you take pictures.

esoxx
01-05-2013, 10:03 PM

P.S.

P.S. II

P.S. III

See you next weekend.

Any questions?

esoxx
01-05-2013, 10:21 PM

WRONG - not a toss up. People please!

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 10:26 PM
WRONG - not a toss up. People please!

Nice call esoxx.

Does it help to be really nasty?

esoxx
01-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Yes we all did.

We need to see our team play with more sense of emergency. To play with more heart. Get rid of the fricken' sure cock attitude and realize that every opponenet left now believes they can park Packer ass's in a dumpster.

If any of you Packer fans arn't getting this? It's well nigh and time you do. How many times this season have you seen your team play really well? We're not playing the NFL lowly life Jaguars,Titans or Cardinals anymore this season. We're fortunately, in the playoffs.

Our record Vs playoff bound teams this season is a sparkling 2 wins and 4 loss's. Are you really impressed? If you are you need to get a new perspective based on 'a reality check'. Two wins in six games Vs playoff teams sucks !

MM and his coaching staff have to work hard this week for any real chance of advancing past Minny. Start today to get our side ready for the Minnesota Vikings or we're going to be one and out again in the playoffs. Just as big a joke around the NFL, as some here want to make of the Atlanta Falcons. The last thing I want to read again from Mike McCarthy is that he felt that his team was fully prepared to win Vs the Vikings and other than that he has no explanation for that potential loss.

GO PACKERS !

Time to recalibrate your thinking Packer fan.

esoxx
01-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Nice call esoxx.

Does it help to be really nasty?

It's called having some faith. I think they've earned it after a Super Bowl in 2010, 15 - 1 in 2011, and another Division Title in 2012. And yet, 75% of the posters on a Packers website wanted to curl up in the fetal position b/c the Packers lost late on the road last weekend to the Vikings.

I for one will stand with them and believe they have what it takes.

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Time to recalibrate your thinking Packer fan.

I'll use your line esoxx.

Where was I wrong?

At no time this past week will you see me posting a prediction of a Packer loss. All week I posted that we must 'just' win.

We could NOT loose this game and we didn't.

GO PACK GO !

esoxx
01-05-2013, 10:35 PM

Questions?

esoxx
01-05-2013, 10:37 PM
I'll use your line esoxx.

Where was I wrong?

At no time this past week will you see me posting a prediction of a Packer loss. All week I posted that we must 'just' win.

We could NOT loose this game and we didn't.

GO PACK GO !

Ummm, you called me bush league, a child, and all other manner of thought with this based on the original post. No where did I say you predicted they would lose. See your quote below:

"Hey Packer fans. Let's get serious. Screw that forgone mention of our last Super Bowl victory and how many the franchise has won Vs the Minnesota Vikings franchise record. That's what I call 'Bush League' mash mouth nonsense in terms of today. That's just crap in terms of the now and rings alot like fear every time I read it coming from a Packer fan. Teens in a school yard and down at the corner store crap like that ... not adults."

RashanGary
01-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Nice, esoxx. Before this game, I said I would have been happy just beating these ass holes, just the way they carry themselves. . . . But now, that's not the case. Now I wanna see Pete Carroll with the same look Peterson had to be satisfied. And even then, I'm sure I'll up the ante to beating whoever the hell makes it out of the AFC. . . .

esoxx
01-05-2013, 10:39 PM
So that is my style. I'll talk bravado b/c they've earned it. Don't call it bush league or scared talk. It is not.

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 10:42 PM
So that is my style. I'll talk bravado b/c they've earned it. Don't call it bush league or scared talk. It is not.

I get it .

The more you respect the opposition the more CRAP they get. Just 'shit' all over them.

Cool.

Don't mind me. I'm so Canadian.

PACKERS !

esoxx
01-05-2013, 10:46 PM
I get it .

The more you respect the opposition the more CRAP they get. Just 'shit' all over them.

Cool.

Don't mind me. I'm so Canadian.

PACKERS !

I'm not playing the game. I don't need to respect "them." If you've sat in the stands for as many Viking games in Lambeau as I have, surrounded by obnoxious Viking fans, maybe you could understand my perspective, just a little.

esoxx
01-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Until then, keep the bush league and less than adult comments to yourself in my thread. Was trying to rally the troops, nothing more, nothing less.

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Until then, keep the bush league and less than adult comments to yourself in my thread. Was trying to rally the troops, nothing more, nothing less.

Dear Lord I actually offended your sensative side.

Sorry esoxx. RAVE AWAY ! :smile:

esoxx
01-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Dear Lord I actually offended your sensative side.

Sorry esoxx. RAVE AWAY ! :smile:

Yeah, you got me :-D

Most people take bush league and child commentary in stride. I'm different.

HarveyWallbangers
01-05-2013, 10:54 PM

If you want to watch a game with Nutz, don't bring any bricks.

HarveyWallbangers
01-05-2013, 10:57 PM
I'm not playing the game. I don't need to respect "them." If you've sat in the stands for as many Viking games in Lambeau as I have, surrounded by obnoxious Viking fans, maybe you could understand my perspective, just a little.

As a fellow Packers fan living in the Twin Cities, I feel ya. I've gone three years without hearing squat about football. They win the game last week, and I have Vikings fans that I haven't talked to about football since the 2009 playoffs talking smack. It's obnoxious. And I never talk smack--unless somebody starts it up with me first. Not my style.

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Yeah, you got me :-D

Most people take bush league and child commentary in stride. I'm different.

I respect your candor.

esoxx
01-06-2013, 12:22 AM
For anyone who thinks I'm too extreme slagging the Vikings, just check out some of the shit over here:

http://www.purplepride.org/f2/ponder-questionable-game-1111046/index8.html

"Gayrod" = Aaron Rodgers, "Gay" Matthews, The Pukers, The Cheesedicks, Packer fans are alcoholic wife beaters, etc.... One even has an avatar with Osama Bin Laden wearing a cheesehead!

Meanwhile, we're over here paying our respects, speaking in reverance for "All Day." Or is that "All Gay." :lol:

Enjoy the offseason, Minnesota ~ skol!

Pugger
01-06-2013, 01:28 AM

You're just a kid. :-)

Zool
01-06-2013, 08:05 AM
As a fellow Packers fan living in the Twin Cities, I feel ya. I've gone three years without hearing squat about football. They win the game last week, and I have Vikings fans that I haven't talked to about football since the 2009 playoffs talking smack. It's obnoxious. And I never talk smack--unless somebody starts it up with me first. Not my style.

Same here in SE MN. Not a peep until last week. Suddenly the silence is back.

pbmax
01-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Everyone needs to learn to front run, like Yankees or Giants fans. Keep your head down when the team is struggling.

But when they are dominant or near-dominant (as the Packers have been since 09)? Then treat everything as good news. Never let them see you sweat.

ThunderDan
01-06-2013, 09:22 AM

BUMP!!! Another Lambeau win. Last lost at Lambeau was the NE game in 2006.

mission
01-06-2013, 10:00 AM
For anyone who thinks I'm too extreme slagging the Vikings, just check out some of the shit over here:

http://www.purplepride.org/f2/ponder-questionable-game-1111046/index8.html

"Gayrod" = Aaron Rodgers, "Gay" Matthews, The Pukers, The Cheesedicks, Packer fans are alcoholic wife beaters, etc.... One even has an avatar with Osama Bin Laden wearing a cheesehead!

Meanwhile, we're over here paying our respects, speaking in reverance for "All Day." Or is that "All Gay." :lol:

Enjoy the offseason, Minnesota ~ skol!

Seriously bro? Don't defend yourself. Fuck the Vikings, and keep up the good work.

pbmax
01-06-2013, 11:20 AM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k75/paisans_2006/viking_zps6ee3d409.jpeg

pbmax
01-06-2013, 11:25 AM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k75/paisans_2006/543244_360967910668266_381432862_n_zps1edd8b05.jpe g

mmmdk
01-06-2013, 01:10 PM
You're just a kid. :-)

Is PR a 60-something club and nobody told me? :lol:

mmmdk
01-06-2013, 01:11 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k75/paisans_2006/543244_360967910668266_381432862_n_zps1edd8b05.jpe g

An American Rembrandt.

George Cumby
01-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Esoxx: Prescient Rat indeed.

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::wors hip::worship::worship:

Iron Mike
01-06-2013, 01:52 PM

Hey, that's MY line. :)

mmmdk
01-06-2013, 01:59 PM

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::wors hip::worship::worship:

Ok then; got 5 bitches in my bed...who's gonna get lucky first? Can U dig it?

Cheesehead Craig
01-06-2013, 04:52 PM

Can't wait until tomorrow at work. Wonder how many people are going to say anything to me.

mmmdk
01-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Can't wait until tomorrow at work. Wonder how many people are going to say anything to me.

I want to say something to you tomorrow...but I can't! My question today is: 'Why live in Minnesota?'. :lol:

mmmdk
01-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Jon Ryan to kick! Wow!!! 29 yarder is good!

mmmdk
01-06-2013, 04:59 PM
:wave:

Cheesehead Craig
01-06-2013, 08:06 PM
I want to say something to you tomorrow...but I can't! My question today is: 'Why live in Minnesota?'. :lol:

Well someone has to work at converting the heathens. :lol:

mmmdk
02-10-2013, 01:09 PM

Gotta say thanks but no thanks esoxx; I'll be at Lambeau but nobody at PR will know when it'll be. If you read FYI on PR and you are appalled by it [FYI on PR] then you will understand. If you're baffled then more power to my decision.

Joemailman
02-11-2013, 08:26 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000137929/article/report-vikings-will-actively-pursue-percy-harvin-trade

Vikings are reportedly looking to trade Percy Harvin. If they do, that could make it even more likely that they would be looking to sign Greg Jennings.

Fritz
02-12-2013, 06:18 AM
Aparently Jennings is coveted mostly by the Queens and the Phins.

Ah, the Queens. Eating Green Bay's leftovers for forty years.

But I do like Jennings. In a non-sal-cap world, he might be back in GB next year. He's a darn good player and a decent guy, it seems.

Iron Mike
02-12-2013, 07:24 AM
Ah, the Queens. Eating Green Bay's leftovers for forty years.

Of course, that ONE washed-up Packer will be more than enough to get them to the big game. :)

Schadenfreude never gets old:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHBbmyko2h4

Pugger
02-12-2013, 07:32 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000137929/article/report-vikings-will-actively-pursue-percy-harvin-trade

Vikings are reportedly looking to trade Percy Harvin. If they do, that could make it even more likely that they would be looking to sign Greg Jennings.

I don't like the idea of Jennings being in MN or any other divisional rival. :sad: I hope he goes to Miami if he goes anywhere else.

esoxx
02-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Gotta say thanks but no thanks esoxx; I'll be at Lambeau but nobody at PR will know when it'll be. If you read FYI on PR and you are appalled by it [FYI on PR] then you will understand. If you're baffled then more power to my decision.

No problem - enjoy the Packer experience in whatever game is attended. A lot of great match-ups at home next year, can't beat game day at Lambeau!

woodbuck27
02-15-2013, 11:07 AM

If Percy Harvin wasn't being so hard ass I'd disagree with you. The Vikings have even more need now at WR with his salary demands.