PDA

View Full Version : Mice And Men - Alll Day II

LegandofthePack15
12-31-2012, 03:27 AM
Redemption next week or fire them all!

Mice (Duds):

Capers - When your unit allows 400+ yards to a single running back in a season, albeit a great one, someone's head needs to roll. If AP has another monster day next week and the Packers lose, off with Capers' head! Hell, bring in Greg Fucking Williams! The last time the Packers put a bounty on Peterson's head, they damn near knocked him out of the game while limiting him to under 100 yards.

Tackling - The Packers tackle Peterson like the robots on Tecmo Bowl tackle Bo Jackson: defenders just bounce off one by one. Quit trying to poke the ball loose and just fucking tackle already! Gang bang Peterson for all I care!

Shields - The poster aptly named JustinHarrell has a point: Shields can't play zone worth a fuck. 3rd and long on the Vikings decisive drive in the clutch, SamNotSoWise fucked up pretty bad. Must I add: what a stupid call by Capers on that play. Stupid 3 men rush with everyone playing zone for the millionth time. Shields also gave up a rare Ponder bomb.

Hawk/Jones - For every play the duo make they fuck up 3000 plays. The Packers def. miss Bishop.

Safeties -These guys (Burnett, McMillan, Jennings) can't cover. Apparently, they can't tackle, either. AP made the Packers pay for playing scared with their best tackling/cover saftey in Charles Woodson.

Barclay - Terrible. Awful. Vile. Abhorrent. Shabby. Scurvy.

Offense - The key to beating Minnesota is to get the lead early and force the Vikings to abandon the run. Despite the fireworks display in the 2nd half, the offense started slower than Bob Dole in a 100 meter race. I've never seen so many 3 and outs to start a game in my life! Thus the Vikings were able to run, run and run down the Packers' throat. Offense also had a chance to take the lead in the 2nd half, but they settled instead for a game-tying fg. Thus the Vikings ran and ran and ran down the Packers' throat.

Men (Studs):

DuJuan Harris - Got a chance to shine and he ran like a feature back. I am not gonna call out the person who compared Harris to Tyrell Sutton b/c I am NOT arrogant. I am a very humble person.

Jennings - Just played himself into a lucrative franchise tag contract.

Ross - Like Harris, Ross took advantage of his opportunities.

Rodgers- 28/40, 365 YDS, 4 TDS. These stats are a nice addition to the career stats of the guy who loves stats. Sucks that sacks for holding the ball too long don't count against the NFL qb rating.

red
12-31-2012, 06:51 AM
mice

tramon- might have cost us the game all by himself with the bonehead play of the year

fat mike- for making the biggest bonehead move by a coach all year by throwing that red flag and almost costing us a TD. in all honesty, mike carey screwed up and we should have gotten the jim schwartz/mike smith treatment on that play. how do you not know that fucking rule by this point? its only been one of the most talked about items the last month and a half. and notice how everyone on the team knew he couldn't challenge that, but him. horrible

also worth mentioning is how he did not have his team prepared and ready to fight in yet another big game

son of a vic
12-31-2012, 07:59 AM
I think a few players were confused. They were under the impression this was their bye week, so they took the week off.

pbmax
12-31-2012, 08:07 AM
Shields - The poster aptly named JustinHarrell has a point: Shields can't play zone worth a fuck. 3rd and long on the Vikings decisive drive in the clutch, SamNotSoWise fucked up pretty bad. Must I add: what a stupid call by Capers on that play. Stupid 3 men rush with everyone playing zone for the millionth time. Shields also gave up a rare Ponder bomb.

If its the 3rd and long play before their field goal to win, that wasn't Shields. It was Hayward and the safety.

PA Pack Fan
12-31-2012, 08:33 AM
No love for the cross-eyed wonder Crosby?? He put six footballs thru the uprights! A Christmas miracle!!!

LegandofthePack15
12-31-2012, 08:47 AM
mice

tramon- might have cost us the game all by himself with the bonehead play of the year

fat mike- for making the biggest bonehead move by a coach all year by throwing that red flag and almost costing us a TD. in all honesty, mike carey screwed up and we should have gotten the jim schwartz/mike smith treatment on that play. how do you not know that fucking rule by this point? its only been one of the most talked about items the last month and a half. and notice how everyone on the team knew he couldn't challenge that, but him. horrible

also worth mentioning is how he did not have his team prepared and ready to fight in yet another big game

What was T-Will's bonehead play? Do you mean the flagrant foul that allowed the fucking Queens to score TD instead of FG? Refs should've thrown flags on both players or not throw it at all, in my humble opinion.

Yea, throwing the red flag was Schwartz stupid. Luckily it didn't cost the Packers anything. Got and TD, got a holding call on the following kickoff and I believe (but not 100% sure) the downtrodden D forced...gasp....a 3 and out.

I thought based on the emotions the Packers showed, they wanted this game just as bad as the Vikings. Sadly, Texas executed more people yesterday than the Packers executed plays. Hopefully this loss will ignite the fire in Green Bay's heart, get the Packers out of the dark and get them rolling in the deep (I sure as fuck don't want to be here next week reminding us that we could have had it all). :grin:

denverYooper
12-31-2012, 08:54 AM
If its the 3rd and long play before their field goal to win, that wasn't Shields. It was Hayward and the safety.

Yeah, he tried to pass Jenkins off. Almost looked like Minny tried to run a deep banjo there and the Packers got confused.

Now the 65 yarder to Wright...

denverYooper
12-31-2012, 08:58 AM
No love for the cross-eyed wonder Crosby?? He put six footballs thru the uprights! A Christmas miracle!!!

I watched the game with my neighbor yesterday. When Crosby came out for the 40 yarder (a pretty big kick bc it tied the game), my neighbor noted that Crosby looked like he knew he was going to make that kick. Sure enough, it was true.

There was also a bit of confusion before the kick with the spotting and Crosby wasn't fazed.

LegandofthePack15
12-31-2012, 09:02 AM

From watching it "live" on TV, I thought Shields was too shallow on his outside zone. There's wasn't anyone in front of him. The saftey and Hayward were chasing after the slot guy running a streak/post/seam pattern in the middle of the field (I'll leave it to football mastermind, Kentucky, to decide which route). It looked like Shields fucked up by not playing his zone deep enough when there wasn't anyone in front of him. All in all, it was a bad call by Capers.

denverYooper
12-31-2012, 09:04 AM
I was glad that Rodgers cared enough about his stats to keep the team in the game.

LegandofthePack15
12-31-2012, 09:08 AM
Yeah, he tried to pass Jenkins off. Almost looked like Minny tried to run a deep banjo there and the Packers got confused.

Now the 65 yarder to Wright...

I still think it was on Shields.

LegandofthePack15
12-31-2012, 09:18 AM

Nah, not when rookie sensation Blair Walsh outperformed the Snowman. I think Walsh made his record 10th (out of 10) kick from 50+. One kick, the holder screwed up the snap and Walsh still made a very pretty kick. Course, Walsh kicked the game winner. Would have made it from 50+ even if Peterson didn't get his last run.

Cheesehead Craig
12-31-2012, 09:20 AM
From watching it "live" on TV, I thought Shields was too shallow on his outside zone. There's wasn't anyone in front of him. The saftey and Hayward were chasing after the slot guy running a streak/post/seam pattern in the middle of the field (I'll leave it to football mastermind, Kentucky, to decide which route). It looked like Shields fucked up by not playing his zone deep enough when there wasn't anyone in front of him. All in all, it was a bad call by Capers.

Heyward was the short man in the zone. He was the one who needed to drop further back.

LegandofthePack15
12-31-2012, 09:25 AM
Heyward was the short man in the zone. He was the one who needed to drop further back.

Last week on the Titans lone scoring drive, sure. This week, I think not. Still think Shields was a fault for not playing his zone deep enough. Not gonna go watch the replay of the play, though. Would rather overdose on heroin than watch the highlights of a Packers loss!

denverYooper
12-31-2012, 09:36 AM
I still think it was on Shields.

Of course you do, because you're married to the meme that Shields can't play zone.

Ballboy
12-31-2012, 09:44 AM
Mice - entire defensive backfield. T-Will was horrible, many missed tackles on AP, then you drop 10+yards off a FULL BACK and allow him to catch and get YAC. McMillian cant cover, why/how does he end up on Rudolph, most likely their best receiver? For as good as Shields has been the last few weeks, he went back to his old ways....even though it didnt count the fumble recovery with flip back was horrible. Did Burnett even play yesterday? MD again lost AP at the line and watched as other tried to tackle, then when AP got away he couldnt make a play.

Ref's - this crew better not see the playoffs. Dont get me started on the time it took to get the ball placed causing us to burn time-outs. Then, the several "bad" calls, such as the Jones fumble, not seeing the clear trap catch and overall mess.

LegandofthePack15
12-31-2012, 09:47 AM
Of course you do, because you're married to the meme that Shields can't play zone.

That's Harrell, not me. I didn't think Shields sucks at zone 'til that play. I am sure if you watch the replay of the play, you'll see what I saw. There wasn't a Viking in the flat in front of Shields from I what I could see watching the play live. No excuses for Shields not playing deeper.

pbmax
12-31-2012, 10:22 AM
Tamon deserved the flag because he didn't just shove or hit him. He hit the guy in the facemask.

Easy call. Stupid play.

Could you argue the other guy deserved a flag for retaliation? Possibly, but I am not sure he hit Tramon in the head. Tramon put the team in a bad situation by reacting emotionally and hoping the ref bailed him out. Failure on his part. he's a vet, should know better.

denverYooper
12-31-2012, 10:30 AM
Tamon deserved the flag because he didn't just shove or hit him. He hit the guy in the facemask.

Easy call. Stupid play.

Could you argue the other guy deserved a flag for retaliation? Possibly, but I am not sure he hit Tramon in the head. Tramon put the team in a bad situation by reacting emotionally and hoping the ref bailed him out. Failure on his part. he's a vet, should know better.

That was a 4 point mistake.

Cheesehead Craig
12-31-2012, 10:41 AM
Not gonna go watch the replay of the play, though.

So you'll just keep spouting off inaccuracies?

LegandofthePack15
12-31-2012, 10:54 AM
So you'll just keep spouting off inaccuracies?

Nope. I know what I saw and I am correct. Shields fucked up. :neutral:

Cheesehead Craig
12-31-2012, 11:31 AM
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6643/jenkinscatch.jpg

It's a little blurry but Shields (#37 on the far right of the screen) seems to have been in a different zone than Jenkins was in. Why, is that #29 Heyward in front of Jenkins? Well look at that, it is.

You can always go to NFL.com and see the video (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000119816/GameDay-Packers-vs-Vikings). It's around the 4:30 mark.

I'm fine with blaming Shields for the bomb he gave up, totally on him. But let's not bury the poor guy with stuff he wasn't responsible for.

pbmax
12-31-2012, 12:09 PM
Same idea here. Try this:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k75/paisans_2006/ScreenShot2012-12-31at115510AM_zpsfd812907.png

Cheesehead Craig
12-31-2012, 01:52 PM
You're such a fancy bastard pb

LegandofthePack15
12-31-2012, 02:01 PM
Same idea here. Try this:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k75/paisans_2006/ScreenShot2012-12-31at115510AM_zpsfd812907.png

WTF?!?!?!

Ok, I stand corrected. :-P

I usually re-watch EVERY PLAY on NFL Shortcuts before I write this thread...but not when the Packers lose. I am not a masochist. :|

PA Pack Fan
12-31-2012, 02:03 PM
Show the line of scrimmage right before the snap. All three Packers are surrounding this one fucking guy, and he ends up wide open!!

LegandofthePack15
12-31-2012, 02:09 PM
Show the line of scrimmage right before the snap. All three Packers are surrounding this one fucking guy, and he ends up wide open!!

Thanks to PB, I now know that Hayward, not Shields, fucked up. Rookie mistake, I guess. :-x

I fucking hate Capers' 3-men rush.

PA Pack Fan
12-31-2012, 02:16 PM
Thanks to PB, I now know that Hayward, not Shields, fucked up. Rookie mistake, I guess. :-x

I fucking hate Capers' 3-men rush.
I don't know that you can hang the whole thing on the rookie Heyward. It still baffles me when I look at the beginning of that play, and think theres no way in hell anything goes that way.

Mazzin
12-31-2012, 02:20 PM

:crazy:

LegandofthePack15
12-31-2012, 02:26 PM
:crazy:

What is up, Mazzin?

woodbuck27
12-31-2012, 02:51 PM
mice

yup.

Mike McCarthy is a major concern IMO. There's just something about this man that bothers me.

No matter what accolades anyone wants to heap on him I keep seeing another picture.

That picture features a car and bright headlights and a startled deer.

woodbuck27
12-31-2012, 02:59 PM
What was T-Will's bonehead play? Do you mean the flagrant foul that allowed the fucking Queens to score TD instead of FG? Refs should've thrown flags on both players or not throw it at all, in my humble opinion.

Yea, throwing the red flag was Schwartz stupid. Luckily it didn't cost the Packers anything. Got and TD, got a holding call on the following kickoff and I believe (but not 100% sure) the downtrodden D forced...gasp....a 3 and out.

I thought based on the emotions the Packers showed, they wanted this game just as bad as the Vikings. Sadly, Texas executed more people yesterday than the Packers executed plays. Hopefully this loss will ignite the fire in Green Bay's heart, get the Packers out of the dark and get them rolling in the deep (I sure as fuck don't want to be here next week reminding us that we could have had it all). :grin:

What was T-Will's bonehead play? Do you mean the flagrant foul that allowed the fucking Queens to score TD instead of FG? Refs should've thrown flags on both players or not throw it at all, in my humble opinion. fr. above

No. Look at that a little more careful. The way Tramone Williams acted you'd think that Viking screwed his wife. Tramone Williams acted visciously and worse stupidly in full view of anyone watching that game.

Certainly the officials knew who the aggressor was.

pbmax
12-31-2012, 04:27 PM
Not exactly. 2 WRs and a TE on Offense's left to sort through. Shields is outside corner but has deep responsibility. Burnett is right most safety and is guarding first down line.

Can see all six DBs in dime but McMillan must be deep as Jennings is over on the D left (you can see him jog over after the catch). This would be far easier to do with the endzone camera if someone can upload that pick from the game broadcast as the highlights don't have it.

Shields takes WR running streak or post. Hayward allows WR1 to run an out and up and stop or something by abandoning him after out and up. Ball gets there before Burnett.

Hayward should have counted that there were no more receivers to run across his face and gotten deeper faster. Burnett was worried first about the TE (also covered by Jones) then the outside WR. Its a nice play design as it occupies all four defenders on this side of the field plus Jones in middle. Its just that Hayward could have made this throw tougher. However, that might not have helped as the route and pass were on target and on time.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k75/paisans_2006/ScreenShot2012-12-31at40343PM_zps59c351c8.png

KYPack
12-31-2012, 05:25 PM
Well Tankebelle.

Did it again, didn't ya?

Why don't you shut your mouth and open your ears and eyes.

Try to learn the game. Your one claim to fame I've seen that you could halfway brag about is yer claim that Dujuan Harris would be a factor for us. I thought you were all wet, but I was wrong. You robbed the mail on that one and got it right.

On most matters regarding football, give it up. I'd take Mazzin in fb knowlege over you in a minute. Mazzin and her old man (sorry pal, I forgot your name) beat your ass to death.

PB did a great job in this thread, so I have little to add (other that you are a fool)

The route the receiver ran was a 7. We were in a cover 3 lurk with CMIII playing spy in the middle. Tankerbelle, you remind me of the moron that inhabits every sports bar. You know, the guy that drunkenly waves a long neck beer screaming "BLITZ, BLITZ" when his team needs last second pressure. Listen, if blitzes worked every time, DC's would dial 'em up every time they needed to get to the QB. Defensive football is a complicated deal. A matter that is very far over your head.

Before you try to take on the X's and the O's, try to learn the Jim's and the Joe's (as in the players names).

red
12-31-2012, 07:14 PM
3rd and 11 and shields is playing 12 yards off his man

not only that, but by looking at the other pictures of the play, he backtracks from the 12 yard cushion. in fact in that last picture you can see him already starting to run the other way before the snap

how is that suppose to work?

MadtownPacker
12-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Before you try to take on the X's and the O's, try to learn the Jim's and the Joe's (as in the players names).
This is how I see you two. Especially at the 1:55 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jEtpdq4IwY

pbmax
12-31-2012, 08:37 PM
3rd and 11 and shields is playing 12 yards off his man

not only that, but by looking at the other pictures of the play, he backtracks from the 12 yard cushion. in fact in that last picture you can see him already starting to run the other way before the snap

how is that suppose to work?

KY can correct me if I am wrong, but I am guessing that Shields job consists entirely of DON'T GET BEAT DEEP!! He isn't going to get safety help as the deep middle safety has to worry about the TE and the single receiver on the near side.

There is another possibility here. It might just be that only ARod, Brees, Manning and Brady attempt a sideline pass against a Cover 3 defense, where there is supposed to be a lot of wide help.

And Ponder, not knowing what he isn't supposed to do, just threw it anyway and won himself a goldfish at the fair.

The other possibility is that its a route design that is specifically meant to defeat this coverage and the Vikings executed it well. As I said somewhere else, Ponder was the one player who really played a different and better game this week.

KYPack
12-31-2012, 10:04 PM
This is how I see you two. Especially at the 1:55 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jEtpdq4IwY

Yeah.

I see you make an appearance at the 3:29 spot.

Take the moustache off Strother Martin and that is pretty close to how I look now.

I almost detest Tank as much as 'ol Strother hates Tommy Chong.

denverYooper
12-31-2012, 10:59 PM
KY can correct me if I am wrong, but I am guessing that Shields job consists entirely of DON'T GET BEAT DEEP!! He isn't going to get safety help as the deep middle safety has to worry about the TE and the single receiver on the near side.

There is another possibility here. It might just be that only ARod, Brees, Manning and Brady attempt a sideline pass against a Cover 3 defense, where there is supposed to be a lot of wide help.

And Ponder, not knowing what he isn't supposed to do, just threw it anyway and won himself a goldfish at the fair.

The other possibility is that its a route design that is specifically meant to defeat this coverage and the Vikings executed it well. As I said somewhere else, Ponder was the one player who really played a different and better game this week.

Jenkins claims they planned for it: (http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22285196/vikings-michael-jenkins-made-big-play-we-needed)

On his third-down catch: "It was something we kind of game-planned for. They had the right coverage on at the time. It was a big play we needed."

LegandofthePack15
01-01-2013, 08:03 AM

Says the guy who once called the split end the "S", the flanker the "E", the tight end the "X" and the slot receiver the "Y". Or SEXY. Ain't nothing sexy about you or your posts, Kentucky! :soap:

LegandofthePack15
01-01-2013, 08:17 AM
Jenkins claims they planned for it: (http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22285196/vikings-michael-jenkins-made-big-play-we-needed)

On his third-down catch: "It was something we kind of game-planned for. They had the right coverage on at the time. It was a big play we needed."

Capers should've blitzed on that situation. Vikings receivers don't scare anyone. Blitz, play man-to-man, and force Ponder to get rid of the ball quickly.

Fuck yeah, the fucking Queens prepared for it. Everybody knows when its 3rd and 9 or more, Capers' gonna dial up that same ole tedious 3-men rush.

KYPack
01-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Says the guy who once called the split end the "S", the flanker the "E", the tight end the "X" and the slot receiver the "Y". Or SEXY. Ain't nothing sexy about you or your posts, Kentucky! :soap:

This is the most pathetic post you've ever made.

You are so screwed up in the head, you can't even keep your own bullshit straight.

Pugger
01-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Mice - entire defensive backfield. T-Will was horrible, many missed tackles on AP, then you drop 10+yards off a FULL BACK and allow him to catch and get YAC. McMillian cant cover, why/how does he end up on Rudolph, most likely their best receiver? For as good as Shields has been the last few weeks, he went back to his old ways....even though it didnt count the fumble recovery with flip back was horrible. Did Burnett even play yesterday? MD again lost AP at the line and watched as other tried to tackle, then when AP got away he couldnt make a play.

Ref's - this crew better not see the playoffs. Dont get me started on the time it took to get the ball placed causing us to burn time-outs. Then, the several "bad" calls, such as the Jones fumble, not seeing the clear trap catch and overall mess.

+1

run pMc
01-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Yes, it was Hayward, not Shields. Shields had deep route responsibilities and after giving up the 65-yarder to Jarius Wright was probably playing a little safe.
In real-time I was yelling at Hayward for not getting deep enough on that.
I understand Hayward was filling a location in the zone, but with nobody in front of him and Jenkins adjusting his route through and then behind his zone I thought he could've dropped deeper. At the very least it would have made the throw harder to complete. Maybe Hayward and Burnett played it as it was drawn up and Vikings executed perfectly...if so, give them credit.

For as much speed as Woodson has lost, I think he would have gambled and jumped the route.

denverYooper
01-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Yes, it was Hayward, not Shields. Shields had deep route responsibilities and after giving up the 65-yarder to Jarius Wright was probably playing a little safe.
In real-time I was yelling at Hayward for not getting deep enough on that.
I understand Hayward was filling a location in the zone, but with nobody in front of him and Jenkins adjusting his route through and then behind his zone I thought he could've dropped deeper. At the very least it would have made the throw harder to complete. Maybe Hayward and Burnett played it as it was drawn up and Vikings executed perfectly...if so, give them credit.

For as much speed as Woodson has lost, I think he would have gambled and jumped the route.

I don't have the link ATM but Tyler Dunne noted that Jenkins told him they knew that Hayward would float into the left flat.

Bossman641
01-02-2013, 01:38 PM
I don't have the link ATM but Tyler Dunne noted that Jenkins told him they knew that Hayward would float into the left flat.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/vikings-receivers-beginning-to-catch-on-ks87joa-185390011.html

......Jenkins said the Vikings noticed on film that cornerback Casey Hayward played the flats in that coverage. Green Bay rushed three and dropped players into zone. Minnesota had been saving that play for the right time......

pbmax
01-02-2013, 04:19 PM

Its not even much of a gamble at that point. Just by counting and looking forward, Hayward knows no one is headed to the flat. The only person who can get near that is a shallow cross from the other side of the field. That receiver will bring a defender with him, probably trailing. So even if Hayward gets TOO deep, he can still bracket that shallow crossing receiver by closing forward, forcing him to choose even wider and OOB or breakdown to put a move on Hayward and get clocked by the trailing defender.

Their young. It'll come. I hope by this Friday night.