PDA

View Full Version : Official Wild Card Round Game-Week Discussoin: Packers vs Vikings win or go home edition

RashanGary
12-31-2012, 08:59 AM
Well, the Vikings earned their way in and are playing excellent football at the right time.

Now young Ponder goes on the road into an extremely hostile crowd. Their DL loses a step. AR gains an edge. Their OL is going to be getting off the ball a split second late with the noise. That makes for a few holding calls and pre-snap penalties per game. . .

I don't think the Packers played bad. AP is a fucking beast and he showed it. I don't know how much that's going to change. I don't think the Packers are going to be all too different of a team 6 days later.

They should have Woodson back. The secondary looked completely lost out there. Our young guys have played fantastic for young guys, but we need to shore that back end up if we want to roll. Our zone defense rared it's ugly head once again. We can't play a lot of man defense against a running team like Minnesota, and for the first time we played more zone than man since our winning streak began. As it turns out, our first real test was a big failure, even with Ponder at QB. Now we find out if replacing one of those young guys with Woodson really makes a difference. . . . We just can't lapse in coverage like that. You leave guys that wide open and even Ponder will rip you apart. Proof positive yesterday.

To be honest, we lost, but I like our chances. I think we're the better team, although I give them a lot more respect after yesterday than I did going in. Even so, I don't see Ponder repeating that performance. I do see our offense repeating theirs. I'm a pissed off Packer fan right now. I want blood Saturday.

denverYooper
12-31-2012, 09:22 AM
Way to get things rolling JH. Nice writeup.

Woodson should help against a team like the Vikings. People can disagree about his coverage these days, but I'm willing to bet he will sell out on AP if need be and he can still be effective on the short game the Vikes generally play (even with the virtually guaranteed PI/holding penalty he'll draw).

denverYooper
12-31-2012, 09:33 AM
Also, stuck in my memory is the number of 2nd/3rd and longs the Packers gave up just enough yards to get the first down. Like they let up a bit when they thought they had Minny pinned. I don't see the Vikings doing that again or Ponder getting away without turning the ball over again. There were 3 good chances for and INT yesterday and the Packers didn't get it done.

Packgator
12-31-2012, 10:12 AM
There were 3 good chances for and INT yesterday and the Packers didn't get it done.

The one in the endzone stands out. As that play developed it looked like a sure INT the whole way.

pbmax
12-31-2012, 10:18 AM
The D played horrible. The game featured two distinct attempts to shut down the run game and each left the defense gashed.

1. Early, the Packers played very straight up 2 gap. If it was not technically 2 gap, the D line were holding onto gaps tightly with little movement or rush up the field. It doesn't seem like they were slanting to penetrate at all. This tended to cluster Peterson's runs in the 4-8 yard range. He was never bottled up, but it wasn't gash after gash after gash. He got a good read into the lien but there were bodies all around.

But then the Vikes discovered their fullback, one on one versus Hawk or Jones, could blow the LB out of the way, giving AP free run into the secondary, where on the left side, Tramon was unwilling to take him head on. He had monster holes that way.

2. In order to stop the longer drives that the previous effort allowed, the D Line started to slant and head for gaps quickly. This is when Raji shined and took AP for several losses. But it also reduced the clutter at the LOS if someone missed or AP got through the first wave and he could start getting 10+ yards plus some more bombs.

This defense is mismatched in the front. Neither linebacker can withstand good FBs. And the D line has trouble in base getting any production out of 2 gapping. That brings in sub player and/or sub packages which reduces the size of the line and creates more holes even if the quicker players make more plays behind the LOS.

Forget OT and kicker. The Packers need new ILBs next year. 2 of them.

denverYooper
12-31-2012, 10:31 AM
The one in the endzone stands out. As that play developed it looked like a sure INT the whole way.

No kidding! I thought for sure it would at least be incomplete.

ThunderDan
12-31-2012, 10:34 AM
The D played horrible. The game featured two distinct attempts to shut down the run game and each left the defense gashed.

1. Early, the Packers played very straight up 2 gap. If it was not technically 2 gap, the D line were holding onto gaps tightly with little movement or rush up the field. It doesn't seem like they were slanting to penetrate at all. This tended to cluster Peterson's runs in the 4-8 yard range. He was never bottled up, but it wasn't gash after gash after gash. He got a good read into the lien but there were bodies all around.

But then the Vikes discovered their fullback, one on one versus Hawk or Jones, could blow the LB out of the way, giving AP free run into the secondary, where on the left side, Tramon was unwilling to take him head on. He had monster holes that way.

2. In order to stop the longer drives that the previous effort allowed, the D Line started to slant and head for gaps quickly. This is when Raji shined and took AP for several losses. But it also reduced the clutter at the LOS if someone missed or AP got through the first wave and he could start getting 10+ yards plus some more bombs.

This defense is mismatched in the front. Neither linebacker can withstand good FBs. And the D line has trouble in base getting any production out of 2 gapping. That brings in sub player and/or sub packages which reduces the size of the line and creates more holes even if the quicker players make more plays behind the LOS.

I hope Bishop comes back and solves the problem of 1 ILB. Hawk has had a good year but disappeared for the most part yesterday. He had a few flashes but that was all. I think the DL being more solid this year has certainly helped the ILB play. If we could find two studs at ILB we could be very stout on D next year.

King Friday
12-31-2012, 10:34 AM
The Vikings won...but they played about as well as they could with no mistakes, while Green Bay had some glaring failures. The game being at home certainly helped the Vikings. They won't have that same advantage next week...and eventually AP is not going to get 200 on us.

Packgator
12-31-2012, 10:48 AM
The Vikings won...but they played about as well as they could with no mistakes, while Green Bay had some glaring failures. The game being at home certainly helped the Vikings. They won't have that same advantage next week...and eventually AP is not going to get 200 on us.

Getting an early lead will be important. Jump them early and force Ponder to throw.

denverYooper
12-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Getting an early lead will be important. Jump them early and force Ponder to throw.

The unsettling thing yesterday was that when he was in obvious passing situations he did pretty well. Shades of 2011 in a way, but I don't think he gets the same luxury 2 weeks in a row.

denverYooper
12-31-2012, 11:14 AM
M3 with a message for the fans today:

"Fans, I know you’re going to be there. Someone said something about you selling tickets, don’t do that. I want you out in full support. It will be a great environment. I mean Sunday night football, Saturday night football in Lambeau Field. The Vikings obviously have done a great job to get into the tournament, and we respect that, but this is a different deal. This is what everybody’s been fighting for, and this is what we’re excited about."

mraynrand
12-31-2012, 11:48 AM
21>22, but the grabbing has to stop

mraynrand
12-31-2012, 11:52 AM

Good analysis, but the bolded part states the obvious. The packers switched to a 3-4 in scheme but have not yet made the switch with ILB personnel. Seems strange that a TT-led team would do this, but hey, in the NFL, the money is typically better spent elsewhere.

pbmax
12-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Haven't seen a good review of the second half adjustment, but here is the line and Matthews I clogging the interior in the first half. Hawk, I think, has outside contain. Hawk doesn't defeat the block but goes around it. Partially this might be due to his area of responsibility, but regardless he isn't free to make a tackle. However, the play has developed so that Jones has a free shot filling on Peterson as he runs it off tackle. But he is a step late, Peterson can sidestep him (and Jones hits him high anyway) on impact and shed him for a 20 yard run. He was never in danger of going down until he hit the sideline.

Hawk does force Peterson toward help, so he played his leverage correctly. But his running mate is not there in time or with a deadly enough tackle to stop the play.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k75/paisans_2006/ScreenShot2012-12-31at120203PM_zps5bdb91b3.png

sharpe1027
12-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Both Jones and Williams looked particularly bad in their run support. They need to work on their pad level.

woodbuck27
12-31-2012, 01:44 PM

Can we trade for Vontaze Burfict? What a rookie season he's had.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/12/31/3821344/bengals-lb-vontaze-burfict-nominated-for-nfl-rookie-of-the-week

Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Nominated For NFL Rookie of the Week

By Josh Kirkendall on Dec 31, 10:26 AM

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20121230/SPT02/312300098/Vontaze-Burfict-finishes-season-Bengals-leading-tackler?nclick_check=1

Vontaze Burfict finishes season as Bengals' leading tackler

Bengals notebook ... 10:19 PM, Dec 30, 2012

woodbuck27
12-31-2012, 01:53 PM
M3 with a message for the fans today:

"Fans, I know you’re going to be there. Someone said something about you selling tickets, don’t do that. I want you out in full support. It will be a great environment. I mean Sunday night football, Saturday night football in Lambeau Field. The Vikings obviously have done a great job to get into the tournament, and we respect that, but this is a different deal. This is what everybody’s been fighting for, and this is what we’re excited about."

What point is MM trying to make?

Would a Packer fan really sell his/her tickets to Viking supporters?

Wouldn't that be classified as a 'mortal sin' in Wisconsin?

GO PACK GO !

gbgary
12-31-2012, 02:26 PM
i fear it's gonna be another shoot out. last possession wins it.

woodbuck27
12-31-2012, 02:35 PM
i fear it's gonna be another shoot out. last possession wins it.

The first NFL site analysis of our matchup Vs Vikings has us winning by three. It doesn't have to be a close game.

If we get out of the gate fast. We can dominate.

The last thing we need to see in the eyes of our defense is fear. The Packer 'O' has to be firing on all cylinders, right from the first snap. The Packer offense must protect our 'D'.

GO PACKERS !

MadtownPacker
12-31-2012, 08:39 PM
The vikings are losing, not even sweating it. We all know the true test will be the next game at SF. I will refrain from talking about it for now. As for this Saturday yeah Peterson will run for a grip of yards. But lets not forget that they barely won a game they had to have, at home, with the Packers fucking up all game, with everything going their way, on a last second FG. I expect a complete 180 by the Pack in all phases. Plus offense will light it up again, just alot earlier in the game this time.

mmmdk
12-31-2012, 10:18 PM
How's the weather going to be saturday in GB?

Rastak
12-31-2012, 10:51 PM
The vikings are losing, not even sweating it. We all know the true test will be the next game at SF. I will refrain from talking about it for now. As for this Saturday yeah Peterson will run for a grip of yards. But lets not forget that they barely won a game they had to have, at home, with the Packers fucking up all game, with everything going their way, on a last second FG. I expect a complete 180 by the Pack in all phases. Plus offense will light it up again, just alot earlier in the game this time.

I sure the fuck hope the players on your team feel the same way. I love over confidence. Vikings had the lead in the 3rd quarter in GB the first game, then turned it over twice in the red zone. They could have swept that series. I like GB in this game but I don't think it's anywhere near a slam dunk. Not by a long shot.

esoxx
12-31-2012, 10:51 PM
I sure the fuck hope the players on your team feel the same way. I love over confidence. Vikings had the lead in the 3rd quarter in GB the first game, then turned it over twice in the red zone. They could have swept that series. I like GB in this game but I don't think it's anywhere near a slam dunk. Not by a long shot.

You will lose.

Rastak
12-31-2012, 10:53 PM
You will lose.

Like I said, I sure hope McCarthy and his merry band carry that attitude.

I recall the first time the Vikings and the Packers played a playoff game against each other. I bet Essox said "you will lose" then too.

mmmdk
12-31-2012, 10:55 PM

When Rastak is Viking confident I know the Packers will probably blow it! Crosby wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide right - Vikings win 31-28. :lol:

Rastak
12-31-2012, 10:58 PM
When Rastak is Viking confident I know the Packers will probably blow it! Crosby wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide right - Vikings win 31-28. :lol:

LOL, I do think the Pack have a better team and home field advantage. Vikings have played a fantastic December. All I'm saying is if you think you just need to step on to the field to win, you're fucked.

mmmdk
12-31-2012, 11:05 PM
LOL, I do think the Pack have a better team and home field advantage. Vikings have played a fantastic December. All I'm saying is if you think you just need to step on to the field to win, you're fucked.

We're fucked then! :sad:

esoxx
12-31-2012, 11:06 PM
uhhhh, Rastak talking shit! Good for you. No, I can't remember what I said 9 years ago, how 'bout you? Didn't think so. Talk your brave shit know, you're going down big time. I'll see you here late Saturday night when your ass has been handed to you. Can't wait for your take then.

On a side note, what has happened since 2004 since you're a big history buff? Packers won another Super Bowl.

denverYooper
12-31-2012, 11:08 PM
Like I said, I sure hope McCarthy and his merry band carry that attitude.

I recall the first time the Vikings and the Packers played a playoff game against each other. I bet Essox said "you will lose" then too.

While I feel your point that the Vikings are closer to the Packers than a lot of Packers fans would admit, I doubt the Packers feel the same way Ras.

MadtownPacker
12-31-2012, 11:09 PM
I sure the fuck hope the players on your team feel the same way. I love over confidence. Vikings had the lead in the 3rd quarter in GB the first game, then turned it over twice in the red zone. They could have swept that series. I like GB in this game but I don't think it's anywhere near a slam dunk. Not by a long shot.Listen up you doper, I am the one that is over confident. I have to believe the actual players are gonna be quite upset they have to play this weekend. Imagine they will want to take it out on the the guys in purples. :lol:

Don't get mad, get glad! You guys had a good season and took a step forward.

esoxx
12-31-2012, 11:13 PM
Listen up you doper, I am the one that is over confident. I have to believe the actual players are gonna be quite upset they have to play this weekend. Imagine they will want to take it out on the the guys in purples. :lol:

Don't get mad, get glad! You guys had a good season and took a step forward.

Gotta agree with my boy Mad. You had a good run. Enjoy, Vikings have over-acheived. Take satisfaction that you made the playoffs against all odds. It won't be soon again you'll make the playoffs with Ponder under center.

Rastak
12-31-2012, 11:18 PM
Gotta agree with my boy Mad. You had a good run. Enjoy, Vikings have over-acheived. Take satisfaction that you made the playoffs against all odds. It won't be soon again you'll make the playoffs with Ponder under center.

Yea, I had them pegged at 6-10. I was wrong. I also admit Ponder resembles Tarvaris Jackson at times. He's played well the last 4 weeks, I guess well is relative. Hope you don't shit your drawers Sat, cause anything can happen. You guys ain't exactly dominant.

mmmdk
12-31-2012, 11:22 PM
That week three L* sure stings now but Packers still had the opportunity to seal a bye week and BLEW IT. But it's a win-win scenario come saturday as a Packers win over Vikings is the sweetest thing and loss would make heads roll on Packers coaching staff - I'd prefer the former though.

esoxx
12-31-2012, 11:22 PM
Yea, I had them pegged at 6-10. I was wrong. I also admit Ponder resembles Tarvaris Jackson at times. He's played well the last 4 weeks, I guess well is relative. Hope you don't shit your drawers Sat, cause anything can happen. You guys ain't exactly dominant.

My New Year's resolution is to not shit my drawers this year. Happy New Year friend! :alc:

Rastak
12-31-2012, 11:35 PM
My New Year's resolution is to not shit my drawers this year. Happy New Year friend! :alc:

You too Esoxx, in all seriousness. We'll see what happens.

RashanGary
01-01-2013, 02:38 AM

The Vikings are playing really good football. Going to the metrodome against a hot Vikings team and losing a close one could mean we're pretty good. Could mean you guys are pretty good too.

PS, I think we win. I don't think Ponder can play like that on the road.

Spaulding
01-01-2013, 09:36 AM

Living in Minnesota (and thankfully no longer the Twin Cities), the Viking fans I work with have been humble and appreciative of their team - definitely refreshing.

Wilf appears to have definitely made the right move keeping Frazier as he reminds me quite a bit of a young Tony Dungy. Having a solid defense and a stud like AP running the ball is giving Ponder plenty of time to develop into a solid QB.

I feel pretty confident that the Packers turn their defense around and win by 10 this Saturday but as Rastak says, it's no slam dunk. Also given our recent playoff woes at home (2-4 since the initial 13-0 start) it doesn't speak to a done deal.

What's the status on Worthy - injury and cart suggested it was serious? Definitely need better line play this weekend.

denverYooper
01-01-2013, 09:50 AM
Living in Minnesota (and thankfully no longer the Twin Cities), the Viking fans I work with have been humble and appreciative of their team - definitely refreshing.

Wilf appears to have definitely made the right move keeping Frazier as he reminds me quite a bit of a young Tony Dungy. Having a solid defense and a stud like AP running the ball is giving Ponder plenty of time to develop into a solid QB.

I feel pretty confident that the Packers turn their defense around and win by 10 this Saturday but as Rastak says, it's no slam dunk. Also given our recent playoff woes at home (2-4 since the initial 13-0 start) it doesn't speak to a done deal.

What's the status on Worthy - injury and cart suggested it was serious? Definitely need better line play this weekend.

I don't know, but this morning Jor-El tweeted: "Bright future ahead". Sort of ominous, IMO.

mission
01-01-2013, 10:34 AM
When did Rastak show up? Right after the "big win"? Come on.

Joemailman
01-01-2013, 10:39 AM
When did Rastak show up? Right after the "big win"? Come on.

He was posting in the Game Day Thread, and is always welcome. (By most, at least.).

mission
01-01-2013, 10:48 AM
He was posting in the Game Day Thread, and is always welcome. (By most, at least.).

I know he's a fan favorite. Nice guy by all accounts, but he's a Vikings fan and I'm not really interested. (Not that anyone cares)

Spaulding
01-01-2013, 10:50 AM
It's always good to have rationale fans of other teams on this board. Provides outside perspective/input and keeps the homerism to reasonable levels. Then again is there such a thing as rationale and Bears fan?

mission
01-01-2013, 10:52 AM
I just hadn't seen him until this week....

mmmdk
01-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Hey mission, what's with all those peach streets in Atlanta? :lol: Rastak never left you, man, he never left you! :flm:

ThunderDan
01-01-2013, 01:22 PM
What point is MM trying to make?

Would a Packer fan really sell his/her tickets to Viking supporters?

Wouldn't that be classified as a 'mortal sin' in Wisconsin?

GO PACK GO !

There were 4 Bears fans in front of us on the Thursday night game. Those tickets are my in-laws neighbor's seats. We called my father-in-law about it during the game and he called his neighbor and chewed him out.

woodbuck27
01-01-2013, 01:51 PM

That's confidence.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
01-01-2013, 01:57 PM
There were 4 Bears fans in front of us on the Thursday night game. Those tickets are my in-laws neighbor's seats. We called my father-in-law about it during the game and he called his neighbor and chewed him out.

Dear Lord. At least there wasn't 'a three alarm FIRE' at their home.

woodbuck27
01-01-2013, 01:58 PM

and Your likely correct.

I'm looking forward to a nail biter.

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
01-01-2013, 02:02 PM
uhhhh, Rastak talking shit! Good for you. No, I can't remember what I said 9 years ago, how 'bout you? Didn't think so. Talk your brave shit know, you're going down big time. I'll see you here late Saturday night when your ass has been handed to you. Can't wait for your take then.

On a side note, what has happened since 2004 since you're a big history buff? Packers won another Super Bowl.

esoxx !

I bet Rastak will be the one and 'only' other team NFC North fan that would congratulate us if we manage a win over the Vikings.

GO PACK GO !

Pugger
01-01-2013, 02:04 PM

With the best RB in history running wild. I can't see us playing that poorly 2 games in a row.

Pugger
01-01-2013, 02:11 PM

Nobody said that. We all know we have the more talented team across the board but we played like crap defensively. MN played a great game at home but squeaked out a victory on a last second FG. If we play like we are capable of it might be a long night for the Norsemen.

RashanGary
01-01-2013, 06:52 PM
The Vikings have proved to be one of the best teams in the league the last month or so. They are good. We are good. I like our chances of winning the SB just because I don't think Ponder can go 4 games without losing a game for them. But any given week, they could be as tough as anyone.

Like most people are saying here, I jsut think we have them edged, out. Not my nearly as much as I thought though, but I do think we have a legitimate edge. They played perfectly and barely won at home.

Rastak
01-01-2013, 07:16 PM
The Vikings have proved to be one of the best teams in the league the last month or so. They are good. We are good. I like our chances of winning the SB just because I don't think Ponder can go 4 games without losing a game for them. But any given week, they could be as tough as anyone.

Like most people are saying here, I jsut think we have them edged, out. Not my nearly as much as I thought though, but I do think we have a legitimate edge. They played perfectly and barely won at home.

Wow, I agree with JH on a number of points. Ponder is perfectly capable of losing a game for them on any given day. I will disagree on them playing perfectly last week, they were hardly perfect. They played a solid game, almost as good as the week before in Houston but not quite. I also agree you have the edge. The Vikings are a bit dinged up while you guys have healed up some so you have that. I think it should be a solid game to watch.

esoxx
01-01-2013, 07:44 PM
esoxx !

I bet Rastak will be the one and 'only' other team NFC North fan that would congratulate us if we manage a win over the Vikings.

GO PACK GO !

Rastak knows I'm just talking shit which is what fans from rival teams tend to do to each other. Win or lose I know we'll get their best and vice-versa. No hard feelings when all is said and done.

digitaldean
01-01-2013, 07:50 PM
We are perfectly capable of losing back to back to Vikings if we tackle like last week and Capers plays a 3 man rush on obvious passing downs again. Hopefully return of C-wood will help solidify the DBs on Saturday.

Rastak
01-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Rastak knows I'm just talking shit which is what fans from rival teams tend to do to each other. Win or lose I know we'll get their best and vice-versa. No hard feelings when all is said and done.

I like your chances, just not completely writing off my squad. 10-6 with a shitty QB? Yikes, that ain't bad. AND, talking shit is way of life in the NFL. 8-)

Rastak
01-01-2013, 07:53 PM
We are perfectly capable of losing back to back to Vikings if we tackle like last week and Capers plays a 3 man rush on obvious passing downs again. Hopefully return of C-wood will help solidify the DBs on Saturday.

Assuming a couple things....

1) His legs are under him after all that time off.

2) He ain't grabbing everyone every play.

Dude can tackle so that would help if the above 2 are incorrect.

MadtownPacker
01-01-2013, 08:08 PM
I just hadn't seen him until this week....

He has been around. Though I dont expect to hear from him for a while after Saturday. :lol:

http://packerrats.com/search.php?searchid=235

MadtownPacker
01-01-2013, 08:09 PM

Dude can tackle so that would help if the above 2 are incorrect.Dont forget 3) Pick-six!

Rastak
01-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Dont forget 3) Pick-six!

Hey, not sure since I been gone a while, you take back control here? Just seemed like the tone of a few posts.

Feliz año nuevo!

MadtownPacker
01-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Hey, not sure since I been gone a while, you take back control here? Just seemed like the tone of a few posts.

Feliz año nuevo!No one has really ever had control here. Inmates kinda run the place like the pit prison in Dark Knight Rises.

http://prometheus-unbound.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/thedarkknightrisespit-e1344407393157.jpg

Happy New Year to you as well.

woodbuck27
01-01-2013, 08:28 PM

Cool. I respect you Packer fan.

Many close battles on the Pro Pickem' does that.

PACKERS !

Rastak
01-01-2013, 08:35 PM
No one has really ever had control here. Inmates kinda run the place like the pit prison in Dark Knight Rises.

http://prometheus-unbound.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/thedarkknightrisespit-e1344407393157.jpg

Happy New Year to you as well.

I have nothing to base this on but I bet if we sat down for a couple of brews we'd be good buds. That said, go down Pack, go down.

MadtownPacker
01-01-2013, 08:49 PM
If the beers cost around $4.20 I think we would have a great time.

woodbuck27
01-01-2013, 09:07 PM
If the beers cost around $4.20 I think we would have a great time.

Beer is generally expensive in bars in the Montreal area (about $7.00) but there's this really cool bar on St. Catherines Street that serves it fr. 10 AM and all afternoon and until 8 PM for only $2.50. If you get there early you better love to shoot pool.

Actually this bar is arguably the coolest bar in Montreal 'downtown'. It packs them in for bands and whenever there's a Habs game 'which is never now'.

It's a showbar called the Foufounes Électriques 87 Ste Catherine E, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Featuring underground bands from ‘round the world' and that ...equals down and dirty goodness!

denverYooper
01-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Someone missed an obvious Price is Right reference...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHdjqsSSa_A

Jimx29
01-01-2013, 09:32 PM
pffftttt.....Packers 34 Vikes 17

woodbuck27
01-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Lots to think about here:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/byebye-to-bye-bj8754n-185341131.html

Loss to Vikings slips Packers to No. 3 seed, which historically hasn't found Super success

CLICK on the LINK for some interesting (5) PRO's and (5) CON's RE: Packers chances in these playoffs.

GO PACK GO !

MadtownPacker
01-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Someone missed an obvious Price is Right reference...Now that's PRICELESS!! Never seen that clip. :lol:

Pugger
01-01-2013, 11:00 PM

Dude can tackle so that would help if the above 2 are incorrect.

And we sure as hell need somebody who can tackle!

Pugger
01-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Beer is generally expensive in bars in the Montreal area (about $7.00) but there's this really cool bar on St. Catherines Street that serves it fr. 10 AM and all afternoon and until 8 PM for only $2.50. If you get there early you better love to shoot pool.

Actually this bar is arguably the coolest bar in Montreal 'downtown'. It packs them in for bands and whenever there's a Habs game 'which is never now'.

It's a showbar called the Foufounes Électriques 87 Ste Catherine E, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Featuring underground bands from ‘round the world' and that ...equals down and dirty goodness!

Yikes. I'm glad my hubby and I found a place with good food and $6 pitchers.

pbmax
01-01-2013, 11:22 PM
The 3 man rush has worked at a very successful clip for the entire season. No reason to stop now.

This would be a good time to remind Hayward to worry more about deep route and less about non-existent route in front of him.

George Cumby
01-02-2013, 12:36 AM
I have to say that this game concerns me. AP has the Pack's number and they don't seem to be able to fix that whole tackling thing.

I haven't been uptight all season, except after the Indy loss, that is, but I am sweating this one........

Joemailman
01-02-2013, 07:38 AM
The 3 man rush has worked at a very successful clip for the entire season. No reason to stop now.

This would be a good time to remind Hayward to worry more about deep route and less about non-existent route in front of him.

I think Hayward is a pretty smart player though, and I have some confidence that he'll learn from this mistake. Moreso than say, Bush or Shields.

denverYooper
01-02-2013, 10:37 AM
I think Hayward is a pretty smart player though, and I have some confidence that he'll learn from this mistake. Moreso than say, Bush or Shields.

Here's the thing I keep wishing to be true: The Vikings came out with a very detailed game plan that attacked such things as Hayward's tendency to pull up too short and Tramon's unwillingness to get after Peterman (I think it might be more about the defensive left than just Tramon). Also, most of Ponder's successful plays were off of play action or misdirection. I hope they threw all of their cards on the table and that Green Bay will not be fooled as much into letting Ponder be successful.

But I can't totally buy it because of last year. There was an ongoing sense that Capers/the D was just saving their best stuff for when they needed it. The offense was so good, why do anything else? And that never came to fruition. So I don't know. Maybe the Vikings just came up with the tonic for the Packers D and it's going to be a slugfest. That's what I'm really going to be watching this game.

One thing I feel pretty good about from last game: DuJuan Harris looked great. I liked what I saw in the run game but even more than that, his blitz pickups and chips were violent. He blasted Greenway in the chest one time and it looked like he stunned a very good LB coming downhill at Rodgers. I'm looking forward to him starting out the game and think the Packer O's chances of producing will be better this time around.

mraynrand
01-02-2013, 10:46 AM
The worst aspect of the game is that the Viking Offense seemed to expose every defensive weakness. They were able to exploit McMillan and Wife with Reindeer in key situations. I want Woodson back - at least half the time he grabs, he gets away with it.

And WTF with the first two offensive series? Get a clue offense. Wake the fuck up.

woodbuck27
01-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Here's the thing I keep wishing to be true: The Vikings came out with a very detailed game plan that attacked such things as Hayward's tendency to pull up too short and Tramon's unwillingness to get after Peterman (I think it might be more about the defensive left than just Tramon). Also, most of Ponder's successful plays were off of play action or misdirection. I hope they threw all of their cards on the table and that Green Bay will not be fooled as much into letting Ponder be successful.

But I can't totally buy it because of last year. There was an ongoing sense that Capers/the D was just saving their best stuff for when they needed it. The offense was so good, why do anything else? And that never came to fruition. So I don't know. Maybe the Vikings just came up with the tonic for the Packers D and it's going to be a slugfest. That's what I'm really going to be watching this game.

One thing I feel pretty good about from last game: DuJuan Harris looked great. I liked what I saw in the run game but even more than that, his blitz pickups and chips were violent. He blasted Greenway in the chest one time and it looked like he stunned a very good LB coming downhill at Rodgers. I'm looking forward to him starting out the game and think the Packer O's chances of producing will be better this time around.

" There was an ongoing sense that Capers/the D was just saving their best stuff for when they needed it. The offense was so good, why do anything else? And that never came to fruition. So I don't know. Maybe the Vikings just came up with the tonic for the Packers D and it's going to be a slugfest. That's what I'm really going to be watching this game. " denverYooper

Great..... so this week we can expect alot more from the Packers 'D' then we've seen over the last couple of years because it's 'Capers Secret Weapon' !

In the first half Capers 'Hidden/Sexcret Defense' will throw a little of this on the Vikings 'O':

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLPAgzjKrvXElOWgQd1sit2jv_jeoLh jJWnY-KPRsg5_Q3pNbW

Then after Lambeau Field is lit up the Vikings get a little of this in the second half:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOdUoOdVVOdKL533P8SrKyUarvwuCBy p7bQKhgCE52JsPHMT3ZhA

" One thing I feel pretty good about from last game: DuJuan Harris looked great. I liked what I saw in the run game but even more than that, his blitz pickups and chips were violent. He blasted Greenway in the chest one time and it looked like he stunned a very good LB coming downhill at Rodgers. I'm looking forward to him starting out the game and think the Packer O's chances of producing will be better this time around. " denverYooper

Yes. There was a question about his size and would he be an effective blocker. As I posted yesterday the jury is still out on that aspect of his game but he sure blocked well in that game Vs Vikings. The little man has MOXY.

GO PACKERS !

denverYooper
01-02-2013, 11:03 AM
The worst aspect of the game is that the Viking Offense seemed to expose every defensive weakness. They were able to exploit McMillan and Wife with Reindeer in key situations. I want Woodson back - at least half the time he grabs, he gets away with it.

And WTF with the first two offensive series? Get a clue offense. Wake the fuck up.

I'm on board with Woodson. I sure hope he can come back and make a difference. I'd guess he's willing to sell his body out for one last good shot at a ring.

woodbuck27
01-02-2013, 11:24 AM
I'm on board with Woodson. I sure hope he can come back and make a difference. I'd guess he's willing to sell his body out for one last good shot at a ring.

Could the Packers be better without Woodson than with him? That remains to be seen.

"I don't think so," cornerback Tramon Williams said. "We want him out there. Last Super Bowl we played, he got hurt and had to sit out (a half). So he's ready for this, and I want him to be out there with us." Fr. LINK Below

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/byebye-to-bye-bj8754n-185341131.html

GO PACKERS !

denverYooper
01-02-2013, 11:44 AM
How many teams are trying to work the "there's always that 1 team that gets hot at the right time" narrative?

I've heard it from the Vikings and now Andrew Luck.

Bossman641
01-02-2013, 11:53 AM
This thought helps me get to bed at night
- Christan Ponder on the road in a playoff game

I can't see him matching his performance from Sunday.

woodbuck27
01-02-2013, 11:59 AM
NFC North injury report, Week 17: Randall Cobb likely to return for playoffs

By Rodger Sherman ... Dec 31, 9:59 AM

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/12/31/3821216/nfl-injury-report-nfc-north-week-17-green-bay-packers-minnesota-vikings

I hope that now that we seem to be getting healthy, that another issue doesn't become obvious. Competition for playing time and looks.

We need to see MM come up with an excellent game plan and run with it. To not panic ! He scares the crap out of me in big games. I don't want that man ending up a liability, again.

I want to see Aaron Rodgers and the 'O' get out of the gate fast with a hurry up offense. A quick passing attack with our WR's running for seperation and coming back to the ball when that's needed. I want to see our TE stretch the field and go for six. I want to see a successful screen pass or two in this game.

I want to see the Viking 'D' doing alot of about faces. I want to see fury in the eyes of our defenders; not ho hum and... never fear.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
01-02-2013, 12:05 PM
How many teams are trying to work the "there's always that 1 team that gets hot at the right time" narrative?

I've heard it from the Vikings and now Andrew Luck.

The scary thing for the Packers RE: Vikings.

It's a trueism. Teams like the Colts and Vikings just need to play loose and believe.

We were that 'hot team' in 2010. What did we do?

PACKERS !

mraynrand
01-02-2013, 12:15 PM
We were that 'hot team' in 2010. What did we do?

McCarthy came up with great game plans in big games.

woodbuck27
01-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Vikings straddle fence on practice conditions ... Indoors Vs Outdoors

Posted by Josh Alper on January 2, 2013, 8:45 AM EST

" Since it is January, it’s a fair bet that there will be a significant chill to the air. Minnesota’s got plenty of its own chill this time of year, but the Vikings play their home games inside and typically practice indoors as well so there was some question of whether they’d switch things up and practice outside on Tuesday to prepare for their trip across the border into Wisconsin. If coach Leslie Frazier was considering it, the consideration didn’t last long.

“It was minus-10,” Frazier said, via the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. “Any thoughts I had about us going out there were kind of removed when I got out of my car.”

The Vikings opted for practicing inside, but opening sliding doors to allow some of the elements in during the session."

Comment woodbuck27:

It might be a wee bit shocking then, come Saturday evening in Lambeau Field.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
01-02-2013, 12:23 PM
McCarthy came up with great game plans in big games.

Yea...sure he did.

GIANTS at Lambeau Field 2007 season and 2011 season 'playoffs - NFC Championship games' wern't big games?

In both of those games he was outclassed by Tom Coughlin as a HC. In the 2007 Season NFC Championship game, he certainly didn't have his team prepared to play in such frigid conditions and last year he looked completely undone. MM is our biggest liability.

mraynrand
01-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Yea...sure he did.

GIANTS at Lambeau Field 2007 and 2011 playoffs wern't big games?

In both of those games he was outclassed by Tom Coughlin as a HC. In 2007 he certainly didn't have his team prepared to play in such frigid conditions and last year he looked completely undone. MM is our biggest liability.

As usual you are a self-contradictory fool. First, You asked about 2010, not 2007 or 2011. The biggest liability in 2007 was Favre and in 2011 it was dropped passes and a drunk son who passed through the ice. Who do you think is responsible for creating the passing attack the Packers have and for one of the best QBs? Think it's some sort of magic? "MM is our biggest liability" - what a fool you are.

woodbuck27
01-02-2013, 12:39 PM
As usual you are a self-contradictory fool. First, You asked about 2010, not 2007 or 2011. The biggest liability in 2007 was Favre and in 2011 it was dropped passes and a drunk son who passed through the ice. Who do you think is responsible for creating the passing attack the Packers have and for one of the best QBs? Think it's some sort of magic? "MM is our biggest liability" - what a fool you are.

See how you scramble things to get your own agendas on course!?

You take two posts RE: completely different issues (subjects and times) and scramble it to you.

'Of course' you want to forget that in the 2007 NFC Championship game; Favre again helped get us another fourth quarter comeback to get us to OT, inspite of the fact he was near frozen and unconditioned for the frigid temperature having practised indoors all week. That wasn't a good example of solid game planning on MM's behalf.

Your sick mraynrand. Don't post me please unless your sober.

Your rotten attitude doesn't deserve the courtesy of mannerly debate. The end of it mister.

mraynrand
01-02-2013, 12:41 PM
You sick mraynrand. Don't post me please unless your sober.

Nice work. "MM is our biggest liability" :lol:

woodbuck27
01-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Vikings vs. Packers: 5 Matchups That Will Decide Wild Card Weekend Clash

By Jamal Collier (Featured Columnist) on January 1, 2013

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1464982-vikings-vs-packers-5-matchups-that-will-decide-wildcard-weekend-clash?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=minnesota-vikings#/articles/1464982-vikings-vs-packers-5-matchups-that-will-decide-wildcard-weekend-clash

GO PACKERS !

denverYooper
01-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Worthy is done for the season per just about every Wisconsin journalist.

pbmax
01-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause
Cobb limited; Finley limited; A. Green full; House limited; J. Nelson limited; Starks limited; Woodson full; Worthy out for season.

woodbuck27
01-02-2013, 01:06 PM
I hope that Jordy Nelson can play effectively. It takes so long to recover from a hammy.

Cobb and an ankle is scary too. Some sprains take a long time to fully heal.

Tony Oday
01-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Offense is fine...I just worry that D is having nightmares of a truck coming at them in a 28 uniform.

denverYooper
01-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Tom Pelissero has the Vikings scrambling a bit to figure out a Nickel D:

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Alan_Williams_expects_Antoine_Winfield_to_play_but _evaluating_options010213

Alan Williams says he doesn't have "any doubt" veteran cornerback Antoine Winfield will find a way to play through a broken hand on Saturday.

But the Minnesota Vikings' defensive coordinator said coaches are holding auditions in practice to see if there's a better backup plan than Marcus Sherels, who struggled in Sunday's win over the same Green Bay team they'll face in the NFC wild-card playoffs.

mmmdk
01-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Offense is fine...I just worry that D is having nightmares of a truck coming at them in a 28 uniform.

:lol: Funny post! I see # 28 more as a purple Farrari that's going to tear the green grass of off Lambeau Field.

Once, when Packers were pretending more than contending, Packs D held a HOF RB to just -1 yards on 13 attempts...I miss those games where D won and Favre threw no myriad of ints.

That lightning in a bottle SB win 2 years ago is turning into a mystery to me! It's fast becoming Aaron Rodgers & Nick Collins plus a bunch of umpa lumpas winning the big show!

Packers Dynasty? HA!! Btw, I believe in reverse psychology :lol:

woodbuck27
01-02-2013, 02:19 PM
:lol: Funny post! I see # 28 more as a purple Farrari that's going to tear the green grass of off Lambeau Field.

Once, when Packers were pretending more than contending, Packs D held a HOF RB to just -1 yards on 13 attempts...I miss those games where D won and Favre threw no myriad of ints.

That lightning in a bottle SB win 2 years ago is turning into a mystery to me! It's fast becoming Aaron Rodgers & Nick Collins plus a bunch of umpa lumpas winning the big show!

It seems to me that that word 'dynasty' and NFL football is a word of the past. It's just too hard to keep a solid group of star players on one franchise with a salary cap and free agency.

In any case I believe that the 'Packer Dynasty .... Packer Nation Buzz' will echo on or be put to rest soon.

The 'only' game that will count now to that end or not will be this Saturday.

Vikings @ Packers Saturday Jan.05, 2013 at 7 PM Central Time.

This next game is 'a BIG GAME' !

GO PACK GO !

Tony Oday
01-02-2013, 02:27 PM

A sports car is Barry Sanders...this dude is a damn transformer...blows by you or trucks the shit out of you.

mmmdk
01-02-2013, 02:33 PM
A sports car is Barry Sanders...this dude is a damn transformer...blows by you or trucks the shit out of you.

Right you are! :lol:

mmmdk
01-02-2013, 02:36 PM
It seems to me that that word 'dynasty' and NFL football is a word of the past. It's just too hard to keep a solid group of star players on one franchise with a salary cap and free agency.

In any case I believe that the 'Packer Dynasty .... Packer Nation Buzz' will echo on or be put to rest soon.

The 'only' game that will count now to that end or not will be this Saturday.

Vikings @ Packers Saturday Jan.05, 2013 at 7 PM Central Time.

This next game is 'a BIG GAME' !

GO PACK GO !

It's a HUGE game on saturday, Woodster! But don't tell Patriots, Giants or Steelers that there's no such thing as a Dynasty NFL team! :wink:

woodbuck27
01-02-2013, 02:36 PM

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/FOjFgVPLako.E5AjBaLw.Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTI4MA--/http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/ipt/ap.1.jpg

Adrian Peterson AMAZING RUN Animated !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIc6j4039SA

This is the man our 'D' has to somehow try their level best to hold back. Since mid season no NFL team has been able to.

The Packers 'D' must !

woodbuck27
01-02-2013, 02:58 PM
It's a HUGE game on saturday, Woodster! But don't tell Patriots, Giants or Steelers that there's no such thing as a Dynasty NFL team! :wink:

The NFL Dynastys:

1974 -1979 Pittsburg Steelers, 'The Steel Curtain'.... 4 Super Bowls

1981-1989 San Francisco 49ers .... 4 Super Bowls and they win again in 1994. 5-0 in Super Bowls.

1992 -1995 Dallas Cowboys .... 3 Super Bowls

2001-2004 New England Patriots .... 3 Super Bowls.

The GREAT NFL Dynastys.

The New York GIANTS possible pursuit to make the list floundered this season.

mraynrand
01-02-2013, 03:02 PM
If you're looking for Auto comparisons for Peterman, I like the Modern Batmobile:

http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/images/12/2007/09/batmobile_Tumbler.jpg

A beast that is quick, elusive, powerful, impregnable.

We just have to hope that Ponder goes back to throwing the ball like Alfred.

woodbuck27
01-02-2013, 03:13 PM
Adrian Peterson ... Tasmanian Devil

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slideshows/348/slideshow_34864/display_image.jpg?x=420294

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slideshows/344/slideshow_34410/display_image.jpg?x=464770

denverYooper
01-02-2013, 03:52 PM
I think DuJuan Harris might be more of fit for the Taz archetype.

woodbuck27
01-02-2013, 04:09 PM
I think DuJuan Harris might be more of fit for the Taz archetype.

That 'as a fact' may not break any infringement rights.

denverYooper
01-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Kevin Seifert has this today:

The Packers blitzed Ponder on 60 percent of his dropbacks in the teams' first game, tied for the highest blitz percentage he faced this season. As the first chart shows, that figure increased to 75 percent on second and third downs. In the second game, the Packers' total blitz percentage dropped to 44 percent -- including 25 percent on third down.

The second chart shows Ponder was terrible on third down in the blitz-heavy first game and stellar when he mostly faced the Packers' standard rush in the second. Ponder had been steadily improving entering that Week 17 game, but you could argue the Packers made his job easier than it would have been if they had maintained their Week 13 approach.

Week 13 Week 17
Comp-Att 2-7 8-11
1st downs 2 6
Yds per att 4.0 7.9
Total QBR 5.5 98.6

...lending support to my theory that the Packers D took it easy on Ponder in the last game.

woodbuck27
01-02-2013, 04:53 PM

Week 13 Week 17
Comp-Att 2-7 8-11
1st downs 2 6
Yds per att 4.0 7.9
Total QBR 5.5 98.6

...lending support to my theory that the Packers D took it easy on Ponder in the last game.

It comes down to defensive strategy Vs common sense.

If your the defensive coordinator do you place more risk management in Christian Ponder (the blitz) or Adrian Peterson (lotsa men in the box). Something else may be better or a hybride approach?

From your post it sure looks like the blitz should be in when AP is on the sidelines but read this:

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20130101/PKR01/301010290/Can-Packers-slow-down-Vikings-RB-Adrian-Peterson-?nclick_check=1

GO PACKERS !

Freak Out
01-02-2013, 06:30 PM
So Worthy is done for the year? Sounds like it.

swede
01-02-2013, 07:12 PM
So Worthy is done for the year? Sounds like it.

That sure looked like a torn ACL to me. He was barely engaged with the offensive player when he planted his left leg and the knee just twisted and buckled, typical of the injury. And after all those thousands of snaps it just happens now? I swear some Viking fan has found a good voodoo doll manufacturer.

(If I Google it right now, do you think I can buy real voodoo dolls somewhere?)

Freak Out
01-02-2013, 07:27 PM
Yep....Black Magic.

RashanGary
01-02-2013, 11:42 PM
The Packers, the year before the SB began won the championship, then two SB's in a row. No team before or since has won 3 in a row. Lombardi's Packers were a dynasty too.

HarveyWallbangers
01-03-2013, 01:01 AM
The Packers, the year before the SB began won the championship, then two SB's in a row. No team before or since has won 3 in a row. Lombardi's Packers were a dynasty too.

Packers also won three championships in a row from 1929-1931--although there were no playoffs then.

mmmdk
01-03-2013, 05:34 AM

No doubt!

Fritz
01-03-2013, 09:09 AM
I try to stay away from the "imposing your will" thing, but it did seem to me that Peterson simply refused to be tackled oftentimes, while guys like Williams were turning down opportunities.

This is what scares me for Saturday. I think it's less about schemes and more about will.

I thought that this Packer team had developed a resilience and iron will after some tough losses this season. Now I wonder. But I suppose we'll see. I don't think anyone can argue that the Vikes have more talent.

This game is on MM. He's got to motivate the troops. One and done, baby. No room for puds and pusses.

woodbuck27
01-03-2013, 09:19 AM

No question there JH. The Green Bay Packers were certainly a dynasty in the 1960's.

My list considered two things:

a) It was a look at franchises within the modern Super Bowl era.

b) The franchise had 'at least three Super Bowl wins' over a relatively short period of years.

Pugger
01-03-2013, 09:27 AM
This thought helps me get to bed at night
- Christan Ponder on the road in a playoff game

I can't see him matching his performance from Sunday.

Neither can I. The intensity increases during the playoffs so I have a difficult time thinking these young QBs are not going to screw up in these upcoming games. Hopefully we can pressure Ponder into making a couple of mistakes that we can pick off Saturday night.

woodbuck27
01-03-2013, 09:29 AM
I try to stay away from the "imposing your will" thing, but it did seem to me that Peterson simply refused to be tackled oftentimes, while guys like Williams were turning down opportunities.

This is what scares me for Saturday. I think it's less about schemes and more about will.

I thought that this Packer team had developed a resilience and iron will after some tough losses this season. Now I wonder. But I suppose we'll see. I don't think anyone can argue that the Vikes have more talent.

This game is on MM. He's got to motivate the troops. One and done, baby. No room for puds and pusses.

I see this game as just that:

This is a huge game for Mike McCarthy.

He has to be standing on the winning sideline as the game clock winds down. Having proved that he had his troops prepared and ready. Our team must have a tremendous will to win this game and a loss is just totally unacceptable.

If we lose this game. Go one and out again. I predict enormous change for the Green Bay Packer Franchise starting in the immediate future. Another one and out loss signals a ship going down.

The Green Bay Packers must NOT be defeated by the Minnesota Vikings this Saturday night in Lambeau Field or it won't be pretty.

The Green Bay PACKERS must win.

GO PACKERS !

Pugger
01-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Cobb limited; Finley limited; A. Green full; House limited; J. Nelson limited; Starks limited; Woodson full; Worthy out for season.

I wonder if both Green and Starks will play on Saturday...

Pugger
01-03-2013, 09:33 AM

Besides at RB where else do the queens have more talent than us?

George Cumby
01-03-2013, 09:35 AM

This.

If the D doesn't maintain discipline and intensity, AP imposes his will and takes over the game and we are out.

It is time to rise to the occasion. We will find out what this team is made of Saturday nite.

woodbuck27
01-03-2013, 09:54 AM

Week 13 Week 17
Comp-Att 2-7 8-11
1st downs 2 6
Yds per att 4.0 7.9
Total QBR 5.5 98.6

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2013/01/02/clay-matthews-adrian-peterson-vikings-playoffs/1805073/

Packers' Clay Matthews: Vikings' Adrian Peterson won't rush for 200 yards again

Lindsay H. Jones, USA TODAY Sports ... 7:26p.m. EST January 2, 2013

"We aren't giving up 200 again," Matthews said Wednesday.

"We want to take (Peterson) out of the mix. That's definitely the game plan," Matthews said. "If we can limit those carries and force Ponder to beat us, then that's the game plan we're going to play. We need to do a better job of stopping the run, and we will do that. And that will help us get after the quarterback."

" Another Packers defender thinks the team might be close to solving its Peterson problem. "

"We were just so anxious to get to him that we were leaving gaps, and he's a good enough back to be able to see them and hit them. So it was a little disgusting to watch," defensive end Mike Neal said. "But it was encouraging to know that we didn't do everything right and still had a chance to win."

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
01-03-2013, 09:58 AM
NFL Playoff predictions 2013: Vikings vs. Packers

By Patrick Vint on Jan 2, 8:49 PM

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/2/3829742/packers-vs-vikings-nfl-wild-card-playoff-picks-2013

At CBS Sports, all eight experts choose Green Bay, though two of the eight do expect Minnesota to beat the 7.5-point spread.

The selections are likewise unanimous at Yahoo, where all three experts and the cumulative vote of Yahoo users all select the Packers.

Not all the selections are yet in at ESPN, but the four experts who have made picks -- Adam Schefter, Tom Jackson, Mike Ditka, and former Viking Chris Carter -- have all taken Green Bay.

The NFL.com panel of experts hasn't fully weighed in yet, but those that have are all selecting the Packers.

PACKERS !

Fritz
01-03-2013, 09:59 AM
I am conflicted on this one. On the one hand, that all makes sense - do your job, don't try to do it all by yourself. But the most success the team had stopping AP seemed to come when Raji would make a big individual play on him.

I dunno. I defer to those who know more. It seems weird to set up a whole defense so many of the guys' assignments are not to tackle Peterson but to take up blockers to set up one or two linebackers to tackle him. Cuz those linebackers - Jones and Hawk - did not do that very well. Come on, AJ. Where the hell are you?

The Pack missed Bishop in that game. And Hawk is usually solid, but he better take a pay cut if he wants to come back next year. He's nothing special.

denverYooper
01-03-2013, 10:02 AM

Rodgers and the Packers O imposed their will on the Queens once they turned it loose.

That 4th quarter gotta-have-it game-tying drive was nasty. He put the ball right on his WR's hands even when they had defenders draped on them. That drive, in a nutshell, makes me feel good about the GB offense going into the postseason. The game ended without him getting back on the field and I hope that burns a nasty little fire in his chest all week because they need that offense to come out and put the boot down right away.

The way that game ended should be just what the offense needs going into the postseason. It had to leave such a bad taste in their mouths, watching helplessly from the sidelines as AP "willed" the game away. Every rep will be approached with acute attention to detail, every route run with that much more fervor, every block and run executed at 100%. That last game should be just what this team needs to unite it going into the postseason. Now they have not a week off, sudden death every week, working, honing, perfecting. They're about to sharpen the blades of the killing machine on the pathetic purple pukes.

Last week was the best thing that could have happened to them. The hero's journey requires revelation before transformation, atonement, and return

woodbuck27
01-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Vikings vs. Packers: Players Who Must Step Up for Minnesota to Advance

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1465110-vikings-vs-packers-players-who-must-step-up-for-minnesota-to-advance

Christian Ponder, QB; Toby Gerhart, RB; A.J. Jefferson, CB

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
01-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Rodgers and the Packers O imposed their will on the Queens once they turned it loose.

That 4th quarter gotta-have-it game-tying drive was nasty. He put the ball right on his WR's hands even when they had defenders draped on them. That drive, in a nutshell, makes me feel good about the GB offense going into the postseason. The game ended without him getting back on the field and I hope that burns a nasty little fire in his chest all week because they need that offense to come out and put the boot down right away.

The way that game ended should be just what the offense needs going into the postseason. It had to leave such a bad taste in their mouths, watching helplessly from the sidelines as AP "willed" the game away. Every rep will be approached with acute attention to detail, every route run with that much more fervor, every block and run executed at 100%. That last game should be just what this team needs to unite it going into the postseason. Now they have not a week off, sudden death every week, working, honing, perfecting. They're about to sharpen the blades of the killing machine on the pathetic purple pukes.

Last week was the best thing that could have happened to them. The hero's journey requires revelation before transformation, atonement, and return

Way to go with the 'positive'.

PACKERS !

mraynrand
01-03-2013, 10:17 AM
It was depressing to see Matthews get pancaked by the Reindeer on the last Peterman run. That's your guy that has to step up and make plays and he got owned. Need the entire defense to have Raji's attitude all the way through. Same with the offense. Like to see more of that nasty blocking from the WRs translate to everyone else.

pbmax
01-03-2013, 11:18 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/185490331.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Late in the game, Matthews came screaming around the back side to try to make a tackle on RB Adrian Peterson and as he dove, his body flipped over and the small of his back landed right on the heel of Vikings running back Toby Gerhart.

Matthews lay on the turf in obvious pain before the medical staff came out to attend to him. Eventually, he was able to walk gingerly off the field.

After the game he said he felt like a boxer whose whole body gave out after taking a knockout punch.

“It was a violent hit,” he said Wednesday. “I watched it. I didn’t like it. It was bad. I’m a little stiff, but I’ll be all right. It’s part of the game. Fortunately, it wasn’t in my spine, it was just back here. I took a good shot. It wasn’t anything internal."

This might be a long-winded description of getting the wind knocked out of you, but sounds like it was kind of a one-off injury to his back.

Fritz
01-03-2013, 12:30 PM
He's going to need to come up big this game. Hell, they all will.

Hawk and Jones better practice tackling correctly this week.

pbmax
01-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Boykin DNP; Cobb full; Finley full; A.Green full; House full; Nelson full; Starks limited; T. Williams DNP; Woodson full; Worthy out.

Tramontana has the flu and was sent home.

mmmdk
01-03-2013, 01:20 PM
All Day wants to play ST too...like a knife through wet Clay!

Tony Oday
01-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Boykin DNP; Cobb full; Finley full; A.Green full; House full; Nelson full; Starks limited; T. Williams DNP; Woodson full; Worthy out.

Sent home to watch tape of him alligator arming AP

denverYooper
01-03-2013, 01:31 PM

Is it tacklitis?

Iron Mike
01-03-2013, 01:47 PM
http://www.cubbytees.com/ShirtPieces/PurpleJesus--ZM--Gld.jpg

denverYooper
01-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Ponder has a sore elbow and has been limited this week:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/51795/vikings-packers-iii-thursday-health-report

swede
01-03-2013, 02:21 PM

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/51795/vikings-packers-iii-thursday-health-report

That can't be good for us. He might not throw as much.

pbmax
01-03-2013, 03:08 PM

:D repped

denverYooper
01-03-2013, 03:34 PM

Nice.

denverYooper
01-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Rodgers kicking off his show this week saying that he has had a lot of fans over the last 2 weeks telling him the Packers don't need a bye this year.

Tony Oday
01-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Rodgers kicking off his show this week saying that he has had a lot of fans over the last 2 weeks telling him the Packers don't need a bye this year.

Easier to set Playoff Records when you have the extra game.

denverYooper
01-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Easier to set Playoff Records when you have the extra game.

There's potentially some validity to the statement. The Packers have finally gotten their offense rolling, maybe it'll keep them sharp.

Joemailman
01-03-2013, 06:00 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/3818_555456494482366_443962435_n.jpg

LP
01-03-2013, 06:26 PM
To hell with the fans. He should listen to the Rats!

woodbuck27
01-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Besides at RB where else do the queens have more talent than us?

All three of these guys were picked to represent the Vikings in the Pro Bowl this season:

Defensive Leader and DE Jared Allen (12 SACKS);

FB Jerome Felton

and Blair 'the Athens Assassin' Walsh.

Rookie and NFL Record Holding Placekicker:

NFL records:

Most Field Goals of 50 yards or more in a season - 10 (2012)

Most Field Goals of 50 yards or more in a season without missing - 10 (2012)

Most Field Goals of 37+ yards in a game - 5 (2012) (Tied with Chris Boniol)

Highest Field Goal Percentage in a season by a rookie - 92.1% (2012)

Most Field Goals made in a season by a rookie - 35 (2012) (Tied with Ali Haji-Sheikh)

Add these Viking players:

Chad Greenway was overlooked @ OLB as a Pro Bowl pick this season but he was near the top in the NFL in tackles this season with 148 tackles,3 SACKS and 1 Pick.

Other noteables on 'D':

DE Brian Robison 8.5 SACKS but he left practise Wed. and Thurs. (shoulder)

DE Everson Griffin 8 SACKS.

CB Antoine Winfield 100 Tackles 0.5 SACKS and 1 Pick. (hand injury) He had to leave the game last Sunday after giving it a try. He hasn't practised this week.

Overall we had an NFL 4th Best 47 SACKs and the Vikings T-5th with 44 SACKS.

Offense:

TE Kyle Rudolph with a fine season and 53 Receptions and 493 yards for a 9.3 Yard Avg. and 9 TD's. He has to be accounted for Saturday night as he's a favourite target.

Another to watch out for is WR Jarius Wright 4.41 Sec-40. He had a big game against us last Sunday with 3 receptions for 90 yards and a TD.

The Viking OL isn't too bad compared to the Packers. C. Ponder was sacked 32 times compared to Aaron Rodgers 51 SACKS.

GO PACK GO !

MadtownPacker
01-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Easier to set Playoff Records when you have the extra game.Sounds like stat whore talk.

Joemailman
01-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Packers are 2-4 in their last 6 playoff games at Lambeau. In those 4 losses, they've turned the ball over 15 times. In other words, protect the damn ball!

RashanGary
01-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Jared Allen. . . Pfft.

Marshmallow handled him.

mmmdk
01-04-2013, 08:19 AM

Lesser QBs have tortured Packers in the past...think Jason Garrett; have a history of turning the average Joe into Montana! :lol:

Fritz
01-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Packers are 2-4 in their last 6 playoff games at Lambeau. In those 4 losses, they've turned the ball over 15 times. In other words, protect the damn ball!

As old and tired as it is, this is the key.

Protect the ball, and get a couple turnovers from the Queefs.

Tony Oday
01-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Sounds like stat whore talk.

Well he isnt the QB that the old guy was he cares way too much about the turnover battle, like that wins games pffft. Its way more awesome to throw a ball into triple coverage.

Cheesehead Craig
01-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Woodbuck,
You have Walsh's nickname wrong. He's the Blair Walsh Project. That's the local one anyways.

woodbuck27
01-04-2013, 09:12 AM
It appears that the the temperature Sat evening in Green bay Wisconsin will be about (minus) 11-12 C or 12-10 F. Balmy.

Below...the story of the legendary " Ice Bowl " championship game between the Green Bay Packers and the Dallas Cowboys. 31st December 1967 at a frozen Lambeau Field a minus 15 degrees F 'the clodest New Years Eve in history'; with windchill taking the temperature down to −70°F / −57°C. It was so cold the referees whistles froze and couldn't be used.

This is a good story for all Packer fans. I watched this game in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada , glued to the TV set. :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=zaAmQVoGWPI&feature=endscreen

GO PACK GO !

mraynrand
01-04-2013, 10:56 AM
The Viking OL isn't too bad compared to the Packers. C. Ponder was sacked 32 times compared to Aaron Rodgers 51 SACKS.

The Viking OL is not bad, but they are asked to do completely different things than GB. Comparing SACKS alone is absurd. Green Bay had 558 attempts to 483 for MN (which seems remarkable given their run emphasis), but GB has 7.8 Yards/attempt to 6.1; 11.6 Yards/completion to 9.8, and 268 yards/game passing to 183. If you watch Minnesota games all year, most of their passes were within 5 yards of the LOS; many to Harvin were almost backwards passes (runs) to the sidelines. In other words, short, quick, easy to complete passes; coupled with a running game that generates a lot of 'third and shorts,' the passing game was efficient but not flashy or explosive, and far less subject to disasters - picks and SACKS. The bomb against Shields on Sunday was their longest pass of the year.

woodbuck27
01-04-2013, 11:16 AM
All three of these guys were picked to represent the Vikings in the Pro Bowl this season:

Defensive Leader and DE Jared Allen (12 SACKS);

FB Jerome Felton

and Blair 'the Athens Assassin' Walsh.

Rookie and NFL Record Holding Placekicker:

NFL records:

Most Field Goals of 50 yards or more in a season - 10 (2012)

Most Field Goals of 50 yards or more in a season without missing - 10 (2012)

Most Field Goals of 37+ yards in a game - 5 (2012) (Tied with Chris Boniol)

Highest Field Goal Percentage in a season by a rookie - 92.1% (2012)

Most Field Goals made in a season by a rookie - 35 (2012) (Tied with Ali Haji-Sheikh)

Add these Viking players:

Chad Greenway was overlooked @ OLB as a Pro Bowl pick this season but he was near the top in the NFL in tackles this season with 148 tackles,3 SACKS and 1 Pick.

Other noteables on 'D':

DE Brian Robison 8.5 SACKS but he left practise Wed. and Thurs. (shoulder)

DE Everson Griffin 8 SACKS.

CB Antoine Winfield 100 Tackles 0.5 SACKS and 1 Pick. (hand injury) He had to leave the game last Sunday after giving it a try. He hasn't practised this week.

Overall we had an NFL 4th Best 47 SACKs and the Vikings T-5th with 44 SACKS.

Offense:

TE Kyle Rudolph with a fine season and 53 Receptions and 493 yards for a 9.3 Yard Avg. and 9 TD's. He has to be accounted for Saturday night as he's a favourite target.

Another to watch out for is WR Jarius Wright 4.41 Sec-40. He had a big game against us last Sunday with 3 receptions for 90 yards and a TD.

GO PACK GO !

I omitted Viking FS Harrison Smith. 103 Tackles; 1.0 Sacks; 1 FF; 3 Picks. Some talk of him being Defensive Rookie of the year.

MLB Jasper Brinkly (fourth on the Vikings with 97 tackles) is a decent player. OLB Erin Henderson (79 tackles) He graded out as the third best run stopper among 4-3 outside linebackers last season according to Pro Football Focus.

Impressive rookie LT Matt Kalil is ranked in the top ten for pass blockers (8th) compared to our LT Marshall Newhouse (19th); and that ranking was just after he had his worst game of the season giving up six (6) hurries to the Bears.

woodbuck27
01-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Vikings-Packers III: Thursday health report

January, 3, 2013

By Kevin Seifert ESPN.com

" There is a relatively short list of significant injuries in play this week, and by far the most intriguing to emerge is the sore right elbow of Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder.

There is every expectation Ponder will play Saturday night, but it's becoming clear he won't be at 100 percent. You wonder if his injury is significant enough for the Vikings to put their third quarterback, McLeod Bethel-Thompson, in uniform on game day for the first time this season. Joe Webb is the No. 2 quarterback but has played only three snaps this season.

Cornerback Antoine Winfield (hand) again sat out practice but there remains optimism that he will play Saturday. He worked on the sidelines and, as Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com notes, Winfield will wear a larger protective cast Saturday than he did last Sunday."

" Packers: Cornerback Tramon Williams didn't practice Thursday because of an illness, but he is expected to be ready for the game. Receivers Jordy Nelson (knee) and Randall Cobb (ankle) both were full participants Thursday, making it likely the Packers will have their full complement of top-end receivers. Defensive back Charles Woodson (collarbone) was a full participant and remains on track to play. Receiver Jarrett Boykin (ankle) again sat out practice and would seem unlikely to play. "

woodbuck27
01-04-2013, 11:39 AM
The Viking OL is not bad, but they are asked to do completely different things than GB. Comparing SACKS alone is absurd. Green Bay had 558 attempts to 483 for MN (which seems remarkable given their run emphasis), but GB has 7.8 Yards/attempt to 6.1; 11.6 Yards/completion to 9.8, and 268 yards/game passing to 183. If you watch Minnesota games all year, most of their passes were within 5 yards of the LOS; many to Harvin were almost backwards passes (runs) to the sidelines. In other words, short, quick, easy to complete passes; coupled with a running game that generates a lot of 'third and shorts,' the passing game was efficient but not flashy or explosive, and far less subject to disasters - picks and SACKS. The bomb against Shields on Sunday was their longest pass of the year.

QB sacks, knockdowns and hurries (quarterback disruptions) are typically used to examine the effectiveness of any NFL teams offensive line. A teams offensive stat's are used as well.

denverYooper
01-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Only one way to find out. Take AP off, force Minnesota to run 4 verticals and see if their line gives Ponder time to figure out who to throw to.

Extra challenge: No checkdowns!

denverYooper
01-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Hell, don't even run 4 verticals. Just send 4 WR out in routes and see what happens.

woodbuck27
01-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Woodbuck,
You have Walsh's nickname wrong. He's the Blair Walsh Project. That's the local one anyways.

Yes that's correct. Since he joined the Vikings he's picked up the moniker 'the Blair Walsh Project'.

Due to his penchant for converting long field goal attempts at the University of Georgia, he was nicknamed 'the Athens Assassin'.

mraynrand
01-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Yes that's correct. Since he joined the Vikings he's picked up the moniker 'the Blair Wash Project'.

Probably because he doesn't shower after games

denverYooper
01-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Who is going to start the gameday thread for this one?

HarveyWallbangers
01-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Who started the thread for the first playoff game in 2010 (vs. Philly)?

woodbuck27
01-04-2013, 02:18 PM

Someone will have to go into the archives for that information.

Mad or maybe a Mod !?

Tony Oday
01-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Bretsky

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?21336-OFFICIAL-GREEN-BAY-PACKERS-vs-PHILADELPHIA-EAGLES-GAME-DAY-THREAD&highlight=eagles

HarveyWallbangers
01-04-2013, 02:50 PM
I vote Bretsky then. Let's start another run.

son of a vic
01-04-2013, 03:58 PM
" Cornerback Tramon Williams didn't practice Thursday because of an illness, but he is expected to be ready for the game. "

He wasn't sick, he was returning the skirt he got for Christmas. He only wore it once last Sunday, and it was ugly anyway.

mraynrand
01-04-2013, 06:15 PM

Oh, there you are. Thank god!

denverYooper
01-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Oh, there you are. Thank god!

http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/126/9749fe1d29c14e4992988bd9d16f3e7e/l.jpg

Freak Out
01-04-2013, 07:17 PM
Get the Caramel back into action and let's roll from there. Bretsky...? Where the hell are you?

The Pack needs to start strong in this one....no three and outs, turnovers or horrible O-line breakdowns. Start strong and rip the hearts out of the Vikings early.

denverYooper
01-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Some decent bits in here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000122121/article/fast-forward-green-bay-packers-too-deep-for-vikings

Ponder has picked up his play dramatically in the last two weeks, especially on third down. He's converted eight third and long plays over that span, and 13 first downs from Ponder overall. He's completed 71 percent of passes and run for 57 yards on four carries. Those conversions have led 47 points.

This is the type of football Minnesota dreams about from Ponder. He doesn't need to make huge plays all game, but the Vikings become a very difficult offense if he can make throws on third-and-long. Watching Game Rewind from his two matchups against the Packers, I still noticed some discouraging traits.

It is very rare to see Ponder complete a pass to his second read. He gets locked into a receiver. If that receiver isn't open, the play is usually done. Ponder often has to see the player open before throwing instead of anticipating. This was true even during this excellent stretch of play. Those Vikings receivers have just been open the last two weeks.

Bretsky
01-04-2013, 09:26 PM
It will be my honor
For those of you who recall the last run........I inflicted a whammy effect by combining the game day thread with some not so serious commentary meant for entertainment and debate along with my iron clad prediction. I can't remember the number but it lead to several wins in a row, a Super Bowl, and a winning stread the following year

I am beginning some meditation to bring in all the bad vibes on why we will struggle tomorrow night

The Game Day Thread will be up by midnight tonight !!!

Bretsky
01-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Get the Caramel back into action and let's roll from there. Bretsky...? Where the hell are you?

The Pack needs to start strong in this one....no three and outs, turnovers or horrible O-line breakdowns. Start strong and rip the hearts out of the Vikings early.

The Caramel....DAM.....I need some caramel.......it's been too long
HOWEVER.....next time I'm eating the Caramel off the front instead of the behind :) at the Oval Office !

pbmax
01-04-2013, 09:36 PM

Now I have something to focus my fears on.

HarveyWallbangers
01-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Looking back on the playoff loss to the Vikings in 2004. If we would have won that game, there's a solid chance we don't get Aaron Rodgers in the 2005 draft. We would have dropped down a few spots in the draft order, and there's a good chance Washington would have taken Rodgers. They took Jason Campbell with the pick after ours, I believe. So, even when we lose, we win.
:)

esoxx
01-05-2013, 10:19 PM

We were tonight. Maybe you should shit your drawers.

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 10:39 PM
It will be my honor
For those of you who recall the last run........I inflicted a whammy effect by combining the game day thread with some not so serious commentary meant for entertainment and debate along with my iron clad prediction. I can't remember the number but it lead to several wins in a row, a Super Bowl, and a winning stread the following year

I am beginning some meditation to bring in all the bad vibes on why we will struggle tomorrow night

The Game Day Thread will be up by midnight tonight !!!

" I am beginning some meditation to bring in all the bad vibes on why we will struggle tomorrow night " B.

Keep that psychology rollin'. It's beautiful !!

How will the 49ers rape us next week B.?

GO PACKERS !

RashanGary
01-05-2013, 10:42 PM
[I]

LMFAO

HarveyWallbangers
01-05-2013, 10:59 PM
I vote Bretsky then. Let's start another run.

Good call, Harvey.

HarveyWallbangers
01-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Looking back on the playoff loss to the Vikings in 2004. If we would have won that game, there's a solid chance we don't get Aaron Rodgers in the 2005 draft. We would have dropped down a few spots in the draft order, and there's a good chance Washington would have taken Rodgers. They took Jason Campbell with the pick after ours, I believe. So, even when we lose, we win.
:)

Imagine Aaron Rodgers with the Redskins. Thank you, Vikings, for beating us in the 2004 playoffs.

RashanGary
01-05-2013, 11:01 PM
Imagine Aaron Rodgers with the Redskins. Thank you, Vikings, for beating us in the 2004 playoffs.

You could put something like this together and make a billboard in Minnesota. Finish it with your, "even when we lose, we win." line. . . .

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 11:02 PM

Sometimes negatives turn into positives.

It's a matter of perspective and patience.

denverYooper
01-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Good call, Harvey.

pat pat

MJZiggy
01-06-2013, 07:49 AM
I'm starting to think that Leslie Frazier's strategy of letting Ponder heal up for the San Francisco game might have been slightly flawed...

pbmax
01-06-2013, 08:23 AM
First blush, I am kinda stunned the Packers didn't at least look at film of Webb prior to Sat. The first report of Ponder not starting hit the airwaves Friday (report of actual decision, not speculation).

On the other hand, given its a QB with little history or film there might not have been much to study unless they have preseason games in house. And if you chase the health reports from other teams, you will simply spend a lot of time acting on bad information.

denverYooper
01-06-2013, 08:29 AM
They were already preparing for Kaepernick. They figured that would peg Webb also :).

Pugger
01-06-2013, 11:21 AM
But Kaepernick can actually throw the ball. :?

pbmax
01-06-2013, 11:40 AM
But Kaepernick can actually throw the ball. :?

He can, but he is not foolproof and had some wild throws in the last few games. Still need to stop QB/RB run game and then worry about pass with him.

Iron Mike
01-19-2013, 03:29 PM

Prescient.

pbmax
01-19-2013, 11:28 PM
He can, but he is not foolproof and had some wild throws in the last few games. Still need to stop QB/RB run game and then worry about pass with him.

See! I called it!

mraynrand
01-20-2013, 11:33 AM
See! I called it!

If a running QB can pass the ball, and has weapons to pass to and a dominating O-line, and a decent running back, your defense is in a lot of trouble. Oh, wait....