PDA

View Full Version : Recipe For The Rematch

The Shadow
01-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Defense
1. Front 7 : take a deep breath, relax & concentrate. Rather than jam players up on the line of scrimmage & try to smother AP, realize he's a great back who is always looking for a tiny crease - and focus on filling those creases as plays develop. Keep forcing plays inside. Make Peterson have to work hard for every yard.
2. Be Smart! The Vikings have to realize that the Packers are going to be obsessed with stopping AP - so it is quite likely they will take some play action deep shots early to get a quick lead. DBs : pay attention to your coverage responsibilities. Do not let Ponder start feeling confident.
3. Woodson or Hayward should shadow Rudolph every play.
4. Capers : the Hayward/Woodson blitz is getting a little predictable when it comes on almost every 3rd & long. Get a little more creative.
5. Tramon Williams : make him a man-on-a-mission to regain his reputation.

Offense
6. Rodgers is your best weapon. Winfield is playing hurt, and the Vikings secondary is not that great. Use Rodgers arm early & often - and get a lead so Ponder has to play from behind. The better the early lead, the more you reduce Peterson's threat.
7. The screen could be deadly in this game. Take it out of the mothballs. If Allen & Robison are intent on abusing Newhouse & Barclay, a few screens will slow them down.
8. The Vikes will most likely be overly concentrating on Cobb. This game looks like a potential big opportunity for Finley.
9. McCarthy : please don't be so stubborn about staying with a run game too long if it's just not happening. Again, consider the screen as a way to slow down pressure on Rodgers. Get a lead early. This is even more important than usual in this game.
10. No empty backfields on 2nd and 1 or 2, please!

King Friday
01-01-2013, 06:12 PM
11. Win the toss.

RashanGary
01-01-2013, 06:58 PM
I liked the little short passes with the designed blocks. Do some of that again.

woodbuck27
01-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Get into the game early on both sides of the ball...look alive!

Get up two scores and run run run the ball. Win the battle of the clock. It's never good to see Aaron Rodgers too long on our sideline.

GO PACK GO !

gbgary
01-01-2013, 08:08 PM
eleven in the box.

MadtownPacker
01-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Just dont be chucking it deep so damn much and everything will be fine.

Rastak
01-01-2013, 08:15 PM
eleven in the box.

Didn't they just do that?

edit: I guess that was 10.

LegandofthePack15
01-01-2013, 08:18 PM
12. Start website seeking fan donations to fund bounty program.

The highly paid Packer or Packers who knock(s) Adrian Peterson out of the game get(s) the proceeds. The NFL never said anything about bounty programs between players and fans.

MadtownPacker
01-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Wow, that might actually be the best idea you have ever graced us with. Consider me impressed.

mission
01-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Woodson.

Wasn't so excited to have him back, but even one DB who's remotely interested in tackling will make the difference. They won on a last second field goal. That's all we need.

Sprinkle in some Cobb too.

Rastak
01-01-2013, 08:20 PM
12. Start website seeking fan donations to fund bounty program.

The highly paid Packer or Packers who knock(s) Adrian Peterson out of the game get(s) the proceeds. The NFL never said anything about bounty programs between players and fans.

Actually knocking our Mr Rodgers via a bounty would pay 100x more bang for the buck.

LegandofthePack15
01-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Wow, that might actually be the best idea you have ever graced us with. Consider me impressed.

Lets bring back Partial to help us set up the site. I believe his computer kung fu is pretty good. :grin:

MadtownPacker
01-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Lets bring back Partial to help us set up the site. I believe his computer kung fu is pretty good. :grin:Must you bring up painful memories? Didnt you hear Partial froze to death outside a Bestbuy while waiting overnight for the latest Macbook?

red
01-01-2013, 08:29 PM
show up acting like you give a shit whether you win or lose the game

and for fucks sake. fat mike better have this bunch of pussies practicing outside in the cold all week

one practice in the hudson center and fire his ass for gross incompetence

LegandofthePack15
01-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Must you bring up painful memories? Didnt you hear Partial froze to death outside a Bestbuy while waiting overnight for the latest Macbook?

Damn! :lol:

woodbuck27
01-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Must you bring up painful memories? Didnt you hear Partial froze to death outside a Bestbuy while waiting overnight for the latest Macbook?

Ohh Damn. That sucks to love Apples.

woodbuck27
01-01-2013, 08:48 PM

and for fucks sake. fat mike better have this bunch of pussies practicing outside in the cold all week

EXACTLY !

:wave:

Hello Michael.

The Shadow
01-01-2013, 09:13 PM
No to a crowded box.
We need somebody behind to hit the spot AP is running through.

mmmdk
01-01-2013, 09:26 PM
13. Watch ole tapes of Jan 9 2005 Packers 31-17 loss vs Minnesota Vikings over and over and over and over...until you feel so sick of watching/losing to the Vikings that you'd rather die than actually lose to the Vikings come saturday!

woodbuck27
01-01-2013, 09:36 PM
13. Watch ole tapes of Jan 9 2005 Packers 31-17 loss vs Minnesota Vikings over and over and over and over...until you feel so sick of watching/losing to the Vikings that you'd rather die than actually lose to the Vikings come saturday!

Ohh yes!

Damn.... that's uncanny.

I was just talking on the phone LD this evening to a mutual Packer fan from back east about that embarassment.

Wern't we down 2 scores 'plus' in that game early? Just checked that and we were down 17-0, 8:54 into the 1st quarter.

IMO that....was the beginning of the end for Brett Favre in Green Bay. That one bothered me all the rest of that winter.

A horrible loss after beating Minny twice in the regular season. Funny how it catch's up with yaa.

PACKERS BEWARE !!

Jimx29
01-01-2013, 09:36 PM

one practice in the hudson center and fire his ass for gross incompetenceThe voice of reason has spoke. Book it Dano

woodbuck27
01-01-2013, 09:40 PM
The voice of reason has spoke. Book it Dano

Yup !

No more screwups McCarthy; no more mundane silly ass excuses either.

One thing to do this Saturday Michael.

WIN!

mmmdk
01-01-2013, 09:41 PM

14. Check weather forecast...no, actually, do what red says and get your asses out into the cold and become snow monsters that kills all purple things!

mmmdk
01-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Ohh yes!

Damn.... that's uncanny.

I was just talking on the phone LD this evening to a mutual Packer fan from back east about that embarassment.

Wern't we down 2 scores in that game early?

IMO that....was the beginning of the end for Brett Favre in Green Bay. That one bothered me all the rest of that winter.

A horrible loss after beating Minny twice in the regular season. Funny how it catch's up with yaa.

PACKERS BEWARE !!

That game still bothers me the most...plus all the other playoff losses at Lambeau too.

woodbuck27
01-01-2013, 09:46 PM
14. Check weather forecast...no, actually, do what red says and get your asses out into the cold and become snow monsters that kills all purple things!

Something like this:

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/c0.32.403.403/p403x403/188632_526568497361986_1756520043_n.jpg

Get Em' Packers !

mmmdk
01-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Something like this:

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/c0.32.403.403/p403x403/188632_526568497361986_1756520043_n.jpg

Get Em' Packers !

:tup:

woodbuck27
01-01-2013, 09:55 PM
That game still bothers me the most...plus all the other playoff losses at Lambeau too.

Don't click on this LINK. :grin:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=250109009

LegandofthePack15
01-03-2013, 04:42 AM

I still remember that loss vividly. The reason I remember it vividly is b/c I was a loser back then. Shortly after the defeat, I hired a nice female companion to help me coupe with the loss. For about 2 minutes, I completely forgot about all the ills of the world, including that loss.

After my companion left, I was depressed and alone in a hotel room. I then wrote one of the saddest song ever. The folks who were around them ole JSO days remember it going something like this:

The winter cold has frozen my heart
I watch as the season falls apart
Fallen dopes and fallen rats
We are routed by an army of purple cats...

O Polar bear, polar bear
Speckle the heavens and heave down a star
Failure is not for thee to fear
Where we can go is not so far

Oh, take me back to the start...

I forwarded a demo of it to my panpal in England, Chris Martin. It inspired Chris to compose one of the greatest rock ballad of all time, Coldplay's "The Scientist."

http://youtu.be/EdBym7kv2IM

Fritz
01-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Shadow, the only area I disagree on is the run. I love it when MM runs the football. I think it makes the offensivel linemen's jobs easier - the Vikes can't just pin back their ears and go. I think it makes Rodgers's job easier, too.

So run that damn ball!

mraynrand
01-03-2013, 10:43 AM
What's a panpal?

mraynrand
01-03-2013, 10:44 AM
get a lead so Ponder has to play from behind. The better the early lead, the more you reduce Peterson's threat.

I love this idea. The Packers should get up 28-0 and force Ponder to throw the ball.

LegandofthePack15
01-03-2013, 11:11 AM
What's a panpal?

A fancy term for an e-mail pal. :razz:

We're in the middle of a technology revolution. Pals oceans apart don't write paper letters anymore. And pens have become obsolete.

Heck, I just finished writing a letter to my prison pal, Juice, without using a paper or a pen. I told Juice to stay strong as I know he didn't do it. :-o

denverYooper
01-03-2013, 11:15 AM
You're a strange bird Legand.

pbmax
01-03-2013, 11:20 AM
The voice of reason has spoke. Book it Dano

You realize, Jinx, that red is Mike Singletary's screen name?

KYPack
01-03-2013, 11:24 AM

It's a tragedy that they have closed down most of the insane asylums.

Tanky is just the kind of lad that needs to be gathered up with a large butterfly net and locked up for 3-4 years of serious headshrinking.

Fritz
01-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Ah, KY, he's just knowledgeable enough to be dangerous. Don't let him get to ya.

The Shadow
01-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Ok, Woodson is back - and that's great news.
Now : how best to use him?
#11. The Vikings overwhelming strength is Peterson. None of their receivers are particularly scary (unless we neglect them almost completely by obsessing on #28).
I would assign Woodson the task of Peterson spy. He is the savviest & most instinctive player we have on the defense, even tho he may have lost a step. So instead of relying on him in a traditional secondary role, I would have him shadow Peterson. Many times AP would appear to be bottled up at the line of scrimmage & then bounce outside or into a tiny crease. Woodson's job would be to hang back a few yards, diagnoss the way the play is unfolding and react. No, he is not a thumper - but that's not neccessary in this case. The Packers need to eliminate the 12, 16 & 28 yard bursts. Woodson would need to prevent those.
Just a thought.

mraynrand
01-03-2013, 03:35 PM
I was thinking of making a pizza dip with Mille's sausage , washed down with 5-6 Christmas Ales from Great Lakes Brewery. Sorry I don't have the recipe with me.

http://roadstraveled.com/archived_images/2007_8_3_Milles_Italian_Sausage__fair_vendor_since _32_files_shapeimage_7.png

http://drinkwiththewench.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/ChristmasAle_BottleGlass.jpg

woodbuck27
01-03-2013, 10:12 PM
I still remember that loss vividly. The reason I remember it vividly is b/c I was a loser back then. Shortly after the defeat, I hired a nice female companion to help me coupe with the loss. For about 2 minutes, I completely forgot about all the ills of the world, including that loss.

After my companion left, I was depressed and alone in a hotel room. I then wrote one of the saddest song ever. The folks who were around them ole JSO days remember it going something like this:

The winter cold has frozen my heart
I watch as the season falls apart
Fallen dopes and fallen rats
We are routed by an army of purple cats...

O Polar bear, polar bear
Speckle the heavens and heave down a star
Failure is not for thee to fear
Where we can go is not so far

Oh, take me back to the start...

I forwarded a demo of it to my panpal in England, Chris Martin. It inspired Chris to compose one of the greatest rock ballad of all time, Coldplay's "The Scientist."

http://youtu.be/EdBym7kv2IM

and ........

That's exactly ....... why you're our HERO.

woodbuck27
01-03-2013, 10:15 PM
What's a panpal?

It's that thingy under your bed;

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcST-SZwDmiBby8dNAczOuCtjSVTHkzh6djdofSjHday4crG14w-Qw

woodbuck27
01-03-2013, 10:21 PM

Yup. That's why he's 'THE LEGEND' and obviously a humanitarian as well.

Juice is lucky to have him. ' The Legend ' makes Juice happy.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3gqKctXO38bb1xIAreWy-zsU_7zrcg1dtC5C_8q4rJea_B4c1CQ

woodbuck27
01-03-2013, 10:31 PM
It's a tragedy that they have closed down most of the insane asylums.

Tanky is just the kind of lad that needs to be gathered up with a large butterfly net and locked up for 3-4 years of serious headshrinking.

Have you checked the cost on one of those things lately KY?

http://www.hometrainingtools.com/images/265/BE-NETDLX2.jpg

That operation is cost restrictive.

HowardRoark
01-03-2013, 11:05 PM
That operation is cost restrictive.

I thought healthcare was free up there.

woodbuck27
01-03-2013, 11:08 PM
I thought healthcare was free up there.

Here's 'the Dope' on that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_in_Canada

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a1/Lester_B._Pearson_with_a_pencil.jpg/250px-Lester_B._Pearson_with_a_pencil.jpg

Lester's holding a pencil not a cigarette. :shock:

Fritz
01-04-2013, 08:56 AM
The recipe?

Don't turn the ball over. Period.

Keep some semblance of run/pass balance.

Get a couple turnovers from the Vikes.

Ta-Da! Victory!

Tony Oday
01-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Have Ponder play like Ponder.

You all realise they played a perfect game last Sunday right? Ponder and AP had their best games of the year in my opinion. We play like we did last week I think we still win.

Fritz
01-04-2013, 09:06 AM
Remember though that our common perception - that the Vikes played a perfect game, that GB played a lousy game but almost won anyway - is not one shared by fans of the Vikes or the national media.

Tony Oday
01-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Remember though that our common perception - that the Vikes played a perfect game, that GB played a lousy game but almost won anyway - is not one shared by fans of the Vikes or the national media.

Cant fix stupid. Vikes Fans are on the bandwagon right now.

HowardRoark
01-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Have Ponder play like Ponder.

You all realise they played a perfect game last Sunday right? Ponder and AP had their best games of the year in my opinion. We play like we did last week I think we still win.

I agree with this; just wonder though if Ponder is finally coming around. He was awful for a lot of the year. Maybe he's finally getting things straight in his head.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2012/11/09/usp_ncaa_football-_big_12_media_day-3_4_rx512_c380x510.jpg?bf2c524641f4f3ad69903e0bbe5 8a6b56986fd4c

denverYooper
01-04-2013, 10:17 AM
She needs a sandwich.

Cheesehead Craig
01-04-2013, 11:24 AM
The recipe?

Don't turn the ball over. Period.

Keep some semblance of run/pass balance.

Get a couple turnovers from the Vikes.

Ta-Da! Victory!

That's so simple it may just work. Genius I tell you. Genius!

mraynrand
01-04-2013, 11:32 AM
That's so simple it may just work. Genius I tell you. Genius!

I still think getting up 35-0 and forcing Ponder to pass will work better.

woodbuck27
01-04-2013, 12:06 PM
The best strategy:

No surrender...We simply must NOT loose.

Losing this game, no!

Going one and out again this season would be a terrible thing for the Green Bay Packer organization.

GO PACK GO !