PDA

View Full Version : Emergence of Jarrett Boykin?

Fritz
01-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Yes, it was one play. Only one, single play.

But it came at a crucial moment in the game, when Rodgers had to have a completion. And he trusted the kid enough to throw it to him - and despite being manhandled like a secretary from the 1960's, Boykin made a great catch.

Add that to the preseason word that the kid knows how to run a route perfectly, and he catches everything, and you might have Donald Driver's replacement next year. Not a speedster, but someone who can be counted on to be at the right place at the right time, and make the catch.

I think he'll miss this game, but IF the Pack wins, I'd guess he'd be activated over Driver in the next one.

Looks to me like if Jennings is gone next year, Boykin has the potential to be a serviceable #3 receiver.

mmmdk
01-03-2013, 12:58 PM

But it came at a crucial moment in the game, when Rodgers had to have a completion. And he trusted the kid enough to throw it to him - and despite being manhandled like a secretary from the 1960's, Boykin made a great catch.

Add that to the preseason word that the kid knows how to run a route perfectly, and he catches everything, and you might have Donald Driver's replacement next year. Not a speedster, but someone who can be counted on to be at the right place at the right time, and make the catch.

I think he'll miss this game, but IF the Pack wins, I'd guess he'd be activated over Driver in the next one.

Looks to me like if Jennings is gone next year, Boykin has the potential to be a serviceable #3 receiver.

After reading this post...is it then wrong wanting to be a man in 1960'ties?

Tony Oday
01-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Watch Mad Men it is awesome! Booze at work and a little grab ass...just dont suck and have a crappy job with no secretary!

denverYooper
01-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Watch Mad Men it is awesome! Booze at work and a little grab ass...just dont suck and have a crappy job with no secretary!

That show re-kindled my love of the Old Fashioned.

LegandofthePack15
01-03-2013, 02:51 PM
I think Ross will turn out to be a better receiver than Boykin. I base this assertion on my amateur scouting.

If Jennings is back next season there might not be room for Boykin. I'm thinking, for 2013, Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Jones, Ross, precious draft pick. Then again, Thompson currently has 7 receivers on the roster so he might just keep 10 next season.

mraynrand
01-03-2013, 03:31 PM
I think Ross will turn out to be a better receiver than Boykin. I base this assertion on my amateur scouting.

If Jennings is back next season there might not be room for Boykin. I'm thinking, for 2013, Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Jones, Ross, precious draft pick. Then again, Thompson currently has 7 receivers on the roster so he might just keep 10 next season.

what happens to the 5 tight ends?

mraynrand
01-03-2013, 03:32 PM

repped. If Boykin can high jump > seven feet, the job is his.

Bossman641
01-03-2013, 03:54 PM

Are you saying Boykin would be ahead of one of Jones, Nelson, or Cobb? Cause those will be our top 3 next year.

denverYooper
01-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Rodgers goes through that play in detail on his show today. Said he didn't know they were going for it but when they got the call, he tried to snap it as quickly as possible to catch the Vikings with extra men on the field. Apparently Kuhn had run in with a QB sneak as the play. When Rodgers snapped the ball, he saw one of the Vikings (can't remember who, but the archived version will be available later) bearing down in the A gap where he was supposed to go. He improvised and saw Boykin get out and get his head around, on the same page so he just fired the ball out.

Rodgers also pointed out that Boykin and DuJuan Harris are always going full-speed in practice.

woodbuck27
01-03-2013, 08:52 PM
" despite being manhandled like a secretary from the 1960's, Boykin made a great catch " fritz

Your I suspect 'a man of this world'.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSegMn_zoqboRzCPpXGL8qE2E4S3vavT 1tq7BfwhQAK3FK4YpIF

Pugger
01-04-2013, 12:52 AM
Are you saying Boykin would be ahead of one of Jones, Nelson, or Cobb? Cause those will be our top 3 next year.

Unless we resign Jennings. I'm still hoping we do. He still is our best WR.

Pugger
01-04-2013, 12:53 AM
That ankle of Boykin's really got twisted. :sad:

Fritz
01-04-2013, 08:54 AM

No, I'm saying my cipherin' skills are poor.

denverYooper
01-04-2013, 09:18 AM

Lucky it was just an ankle. He got bent backwards pretty hard on that play.

woodbuck27
01-04-2013, 09:30 AM
Lucky it was just an ankle. He got bent backwards pretty hard on that play.

He got 'manhandled like a secretary from the 1960's'. Fritz

mraynrand
01-04-2013, 10:42 AM

That's the way it works with the Packers. When begin to see a player emerge and contribute in a significant way, you know an injury is right around the corner.

LegandofthePack15
01-04-2013, 11:08 AM
what happens to the 5 tight ends?

Wanna know where to find nice tight ends? The Castro. :-P

Football-wise, don't need 5 tes when you got J-Mike.