PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL GREEN BAY PACKERS vs MINNESOTA VIKINGS PLAYOFF GAME DAY THREAD

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Bretsky
01-05-2013, 12:47 AM
The day is finally upon us. All season long, we watch game after game in anticipation of the opportunity to make the playoffs and go on another Super Bowl Run.

BEFORE DIVING IN.........LET'S PAY TRIBUTE TO WHY WE'RE REALLY PLAYING TODAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FRzmi3pDTM

AND WITH THAT BEING SAID...........THE PLAYOFFS ARE FINALY HERE !!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpFITa9eYoQ

And today's the day we begin to separate the contenders and the pretenders.

Once again we are aiming to get here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFm3FiVzhhk

But the Road back to the Big Bowl will be hard this year

Unlike the mass homersism due to overdoses of Kool Aide dominating this board............as it was last week...........this will be a very tough game.......as it was last week. The Vikings strengths on a slower surface pose a legitmate threat to physically tear a sometimes soft Green Bay Packers team down in the trenches. The Dam Vikings.....classic overachievers.........A few years ago I'd have bet a loot Reds Raiders would see the RatBowl playoffs before the Vikings saw another playoff game..........but I'd have been wrong again. Team has no fear.....nothing to lose........and a sincere change to shock the world. All 14 ESPN announcers picked the Packers. The Rats seem just as confident as they were the first time we played the NY Giants at Lambeau
DUDE'S

Make no mistake about it...............this is going to be a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T52oeFkObGY

And one of these teams will be knocked out cold.

I know.........I know.......everybody is drunk on Kool Aide.........ALL DAY Peterson is marching into town after torching us for 400 yards in the last two games. Watch Game one again.......if Ponder is even average that game they beat us at Lambeau the first game. And he's been serviceable lately. He'll be effiecient and find his TE in Rudolph and some of the clods playing WR because GB will be worried about Peterson. Not sold this can be a game yet ?

Consider the following:

For a while there Green Bay was dominant at home in the playoffs. That dominance is gone. Green Bay is 2-4 in their last six home playoff games. Even some of their own players, such as Greg Jennings, admits he'd rather play on the road than in Green Bay during the playoffs. This is a team built for the greatest show in Turf, not a Frozen Tundra

They also have two ideal gifts from the football gods........first off.........the temperatures and conditions could make it more challenging for a high powerered finesse passing offense to be consistent. Secondly, their DL gets to face the Packers offensive line....a unit that has been cursed with injuries to Brian Buluga and Derrok Justine Harrell the Second. They are not terrible..........but their erratic play is all over the place and Jarred Allen and company have to be licking their chops at the opportunity to ground this high powered passing attack with an attack of their own on our starting QB. .........who by the way...........was hit and sacked more than any QB in the NFL.

When the Packers are on defense, expect a healthy dose of All Day Peterson combined with some nice high percentage play action passes of Christian Ponder when Green Bay is forced to safety blitz and cheat up in an effort to stop the run. I'm not sure how much I like our chances when you breakdown what's happened recently along with the personnell we have. The Packers secondary has been near pathetic in offering run support. Tramon Williams and Morgan Burnett, two of our better players on defense, wanted no part of sticking All Day Peterson last week. The team combined for 10 missed tackles on All Day over the two games they played. Just think of the personnell.......teams drool over the athletic abilities of Sam Shields, Casey Hayward, Jerron McMillan, and Morgan Burnett. But those dude's don't scare anybody with their hits and their tackling is avererage at best even in the eyes of a homer. Regarding the linebackers, besides our Claymaker, we don't have a Desmond Bishop out there to try to blow up a bit hit...heck, we don't even have a Nick Barnett...who we could use this game. We have try hard Hawk and some other heap we try to hide.

It's hard to envision stopping AP; hopefully we can kind of contain him. Over the past six games vs da Pack, all day has averaged over 139 yards rushing per game and over a 6yd average per carry. He's the threat of all threats...........and P.S...........yes, MN made the playoffs.......and HE IS THE MVP. All Day and the Vikings are old school power house football. If they can keep the game close, the Packers could easily lose their fifth home playoff game in the last 11 years in which they were over 6 point favorites.

On the other hand, Green Bay, finally, seems to be full strength in terms of their starting WR and TE Core.....(Quarless doens't count because he's a JAG). With all of these weapons, I'm not really sure how Minnesota's secondary can match up with all of them. Has anybody noticed Jermichael Finley starting to go downfield like he often should ? Dude has only dropped one pass over the last five games as well........hmmm
Jennings will also be looking to go out with a bang, and they have a healthy Jordy and Randall Cobb Back. Coupled with an ever improving new RB in Harris, if Green Bay stays away from turnovers and getting Rodgers killed it should be able to move the ball pretty effectively. But that Packer OL vs Vikings DL is still scary and IMO will make it a huge challenge to punch the ball into the end zone when the field is shortened.

All together...........this equals a very close game. Say it ain't so............but it could come down to........the Kickers ? Well if it does I still don't have a ton of faith Crosby has recovered from being mindscrewed yet......and MN has as good of a kicker as there is in the game.

So here are a list of predictions along with da whammy special. Wist shows up to blast Dom Capers; Red is drunk, praises Jarrett Bush, and then curses him when he wonders why in the hell he's in on a defensive play. And mmdk rips Mason Crosby a new one.

The only deserving MVP runs off another 165 yards versus Green Bay and totals over 200yds. Crosby misses a field goal, the Vikings kicker bangs one though with seconds left in the game.

Yup..............everything crashes tomorow. Vikings 30 Packers 27. Take it to the Bank.............and while our world will come crashing down, the our good friends from Minnesota will once have that lovin feelin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17hY7o-nvSU

Whammy be born again !!!!!

MadtownPacker
01-05-2013, 01:17 AM
You're a purple peter eater.

LegandofthePack15
01-05-2013, 02:11 AM
Vikings 48, Packers 3

Before anyone calls me a troll, after the 2010 regular season I famously "predicted":

Eagles 48, Packers 3

Falcons 48, Packers 3

Bears 48, Packers 3

Steelers 48, Packers 3

PA Pack Fan
01-05-2013, 06:56 AM
Lets hope your streak continues.

WTH would they not play the game at 4:00 instead of 8:00? Not that it make a huge difference but holy shit it gets cold that late.

Just hold AP to 150 and the game is ours. GO PACKERS!!

Patler
01-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Another bitter defeat in Lambeau. Score dozen't matter.

RashanGary
01-05-2013, 07:55 AM
I really don't think the Vikings will be able to duplicate what they did, particularly Ponder.

Josh Sitton, on his Josh Sitton show said the stadium was so loud there were several plays where he didn't know what he was supposed to be doing so he just blocked a guy. I imagine the other lineman had similar experiences, and other players too.

Lambeau is a historically dull environment as far as making noise goes. So many of our fans are the older generation who remember the days when you went to a football game with a suite and tie. I had guys I work with complain about the noise, reminding me of those days. History is great, having so many of that older, loyal fanbase makes us unique. At the same time, it makes our home field advantage worse.

Even with that, our dull fans can get loud enough to make it somewhat difficult on Ponder too. And it won't be nearly as difficult on our offense, of course.

Everyone talks about cold-weather advantage. Bah. The teams with the best homefield advantages are the teams with loud stadiums. When KC is in it, it's a loud place to play. Denver is loud. Seattle. . . Those teams have great home field advantages. Many dome teams do too, because of the noise. The Vikings don't get that advantage this week.

I underestimated the Vikings. . . But, with everything going their way last week, they barely beat us. I just don't see it happening again.

Bretsky
01-05-2013, 08:23 AM
I'd say my overall analysis and writeup was less than par.....however.......this was my first CatFight Reference and that's the part I keep Re Looking at !!!!!

King Friday
01-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Ponder is the weak link this week IMO. The Viking offense had the advantage of peace and quiet last week in their dome. That won't be the case this week. It will be loud and cold. Ponder is dinged up. Woodson is going to be willing to fill the holes in the run game that Tramon pussed out with last week. I don't think Peterson has a huge day tonight. He'll get 100...but I'm not sure he'll get 150. I think the Packers will be focused on starting fast. That is the biggest key for them IMO. If Green Bay gets up 10 or 14 early, it's over. Ponder can't bring them back.

Like JH just said...EVERYTHING went the Vikings way last week. The dome, no turnovers, early 14 point lead, AP running for 200. They barely won with a last second field goal. The Vikings won't be perfect tonight. The Vikings gave their all last week and it will difficult to replicate that for a second week in a row. Ponder is dinged up. One big hit on him could completely change the course of this game. You can bet the Packer defense is counting on that.

This won't be a walkover. The Vikings and Packers always play each other tough, regardless of record. However, the Packers will be in control by the 4th quarter and a late Viking score will probably make the score closer than it actually is. Packers 31, Vikings 24

Bonus giblet...superkicker Walsh misses his first 50+ try tonight. Sorry kid, Lambeau in January isn't the Humpty Dome.

RashanGary
01-05-2013, 08:29 AM
This really has nothing to do with the game, but Clay Matthews has moved into the top 200 career sack leaders. He needs 17 sacks to move into the top 100. Jared Allen is 16th. KGB is 64th all time. Kevin Greene, 3rd. . .

Jared Allen has been a dominant pass rusher for the last 8 years. He's 2 years younger than Peppers and has 5.5 more sacks. He's the same age as D Ware and has 11 more sacks. Allen has a style (power, leverage and speed) where he can continue to wreak havoc for quite some time. I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up as a top 5 all time sack guy. The guy is underrated. The media seems to stroke Ware and Peppers all of the time. Matthews and Von Miller get a ton of hype. . . Allen just sort of lingers there, but performs at a top level year after year. He's also a very good run defender.

If there's a such thing as having a favorite Viking player, he'd be my guy. I listened to him on Minnesota radio one day. He's hilarious, and he plays balls to the wall football.

RashanGary
01-05-2013, 08:34 AM
The Viking offense had the advantage of peace and quiet last week in their dome. That won't be the case this week. It will be loud and cold.

You know what, I keep hearing people talking about the cold, and I keep thinking, "both teams play in it, it's the noise dome teams miss, not the warmth."

But when you put it that way, "loud and cold" it sort of has a different ring to it. Cold is distracting, to both teams. Throw noise and cold in there, and maybe 1+1=3. . . . I'm not sure how math works with distractions, but something tells me having 2 of them at the same time is worse than the sum of it's parts.

Fritz
01-05-2013, 08:52 AM
You know what, I keep hearing people talking about the cold, and I keep thinking, "both teams play in it, it's the noise dome teams miss, not the warmth."

But when you put it that way, "loud and cold" it sort of has a different ring to it. Cold is distracting, to both teams. Throw noise and cold in there, and maybe 1+1=3. . . . I'm not sure how math works with distractions, but something tells me having 2 of them at the same time is worse than the sum of it's parts.

Talk me down, Rats. I awoke at 3 a.m. With the suddenrealization this was just like last year against the Giants. The Vikings sound confident, talking about swagger and attitude. The Packers are talking about schemes and techniques. I'm worried.

denverYooper
01-05-2013, 08:55 AM
I was thinking about a few things yesterday:
Save for a couple of Ponder picks, the Vikings played very well in the first game and could have won if not for those.
Ponder threw a couple of balls that *should* have been picked in the last game.

Green Bay actually *improved* against Peterman in the last game: 21/210-10 ypc vs 34/199-5.6. Peterman's season average is 6.0 YPC, so the Packers had a better than average performance in the last game. So P is likely to get a grip of carries, but there is one good way to limit that and to limit Minny's scoring: third down play.

Third downs killed GB in the last game--some were fluky, some were just Minny having a great gameplan--but they got it done and shades of the 2011 Packers showed. Ponder was in position to succeed, and succeeded on third down. I think if GB can take even a couple of those away, it tilts the game for the Packers. If not, well, things will get wild. Green Bay allowed a 38% conversion rate on third down this year but they gave up >50% to Minny. They need to take it back down toward their mean.

LegandofthePack15
01-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Another bitter defeat in Lambeau. Score dozen't matter.

Have faith, my friend.

Stood on the edge, tied to the noose
You came along and you cut me loose
---Coldplay

Tony Oday
01-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Ponder out in the first quarter, Webb replaces and throws 200 yards, rushes for 70 2combined TDs to sink the Pack in the playoffs because Crosby misses the 30 yard game tying FG.

PA Pack Fan
01-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Have faith, my friend.

---Coldplay
You post fucking Coldplay lyrics? On gameday? What the fucking fuck!

LegandofthePack15
01-05-2013, 10:35 AM

What, you don't like Coldplay? Coldplay is awesome!

Fosco33
01-05-2013, 10:38 AM
No way do the Packers lose this game.

Division Rival @ Home after losing last week and the last time we played them in Lambeau for a playoff.

No way

Part of me thinks that the Pack will come out and blow the windows outta Lambeau.

Keys:
- Fast start
- Minimize stupid mistakes - momentum killers like drops, penalties
- Make Ponder beat you - think about TWill taking a seat for Shields/Woodson for a period if he's sucking wind still
- Did I say spy AD yet... come on - no way does he get more than 140 yards this game

28-17

LegandofthePack15
01-05-2013, 10:45 AM

WTH would they not play the game at 4:00 instead of 8:00? Not that it make a huge difference but holy shit it gets cold that late.

I made a mistake of not taking the cold into calculation when I purchased tickets on Monday. Apparently, many a-Wisconsinite hate the cold as much as I do. Prices did not go up as I expected. Better seats are now going for less than the ones I purchased from my scrapper!

Fuck!

Bretsky
01-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Talk me down, Rats. I awoke at 3 a.m. With the suddenrealization this was just like last year against the Giants. The Vikings sound confident, talking about swagger and attitude. The Packers are talking about schemes and techniques. I'm worried.

Your concerns ar warranted; don't get tooo close to the ledge. GB was fortunate to win game one with Ponder being horried that day.

Vikes are built old school to play in this weather. I'm not sure the loudness factor is nearly as relevant in an outside venue as it it in a dome.

Their DL is way better than our OL
Their OL is probably better then our DL

Ring Familiar ???

esoxx
01-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Well, I'm depressed. I was quite confident of a Packer victory today until reading Bretsky's game analysis. He makes alot of good points that give me pause. This coming from someone who called the Super Bowl victory two years ago in the face of mockery and derision.

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?21273-Go-Big-or-Go-Home&highlight=

I'm going for a walk.

denverYooper
01-05-2013, 11:13 AM
I wonder if they'll move Matthews to the LOLB on occasion tonight.

denverYooper
01-05-2013, 11:22 AM
http://youtu.be/u1YB8oOLsjw

denverYooper
01-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Green Bay and Minnesota have both played 9 games against teams >0.500. Both are 4-5 in those games.

Of course, we know Green Bay is really 5-4...

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Have faith, my friend.

---Coldplay

It's a setup be careful. :grin:

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Well, I'm depressed. I was quite confident of a Packer victory today until reading Bretsky's game analysis. He makes alot of good points that give me pause. This coming from someone who called the Super Bowl victory two years ago in the face of mockery and derision.

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?21273-Go-Big-or-Go-Home&highlight=

I'm going for a walk.

After that walk get loads of beer and start drinking early.

Don't worry and enjoy the show.

This is the team that Ted built. What could possibly go wrong!?

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 11:34 AM

Orange coolaid.

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 11:35 AM
I really don't think the Vikings will be able to duplicate what they did, particularly Ponder.

Josh Sitton, on his Josh Sitton show said the stadium was so loud there were several plays where he didn't know what he was supposed to be doing so he just blocked a guy. I imagine the other lineman had similar experiences, and other players too.

Lambeau is a historically dull environment as far as making noise goes. So many of our fans are the older generation who remember the days when you went to a football game with a suite and tie. I had guys I work with complain about the noise, reminding me of those days. History is great, having so many of that older, loyal fanbase makes us unique. At the same time, it makes our home field advantage worse.

Even with that, our dull fans can get loud enough to make it somewhat difficult on Ponder too. And it won't be nearly as difficult on our offense, of course.

Everyone talks about cold-weather advantage. Bah. The teams with the best homefield advantages are the teams with loud stadiums. When KC is in it, it's a loud place to play. Denver is loud. Seattle. . . Those teams have great home field advantages. Many dome teams do too, because of the noise. The Vikings don't get that advantage this week.

I underestimated the Vikings. . . But, with everything going their way last week, they barely beat us. I just don't see it happening again.

Grape coolaid.

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Ponder is the weak link this week IMO. The Viking offense had the advantage of peace and quiet last week in their dome. That won't be the case this week. It will be loud and cold. Ponder is dinged up. Woodson is going to be willing to fill the holes in the run game that Tramon pussed out with last week. I don't think Peterson has a huge day tonight. He'll get 100...but I'm not sure he'll get 150. I think the Packers will be focused on starting fast. That is the biggest key for them IMO. If Green Bay gets up 10 or 14 early, it's over. Ponder can't bring them back.

Like JH just said...EVERYTHING went the Vikings way last week. The dome, no turnovers, early 14 point lead, AP running for 200. They barely won with a last second field goal. The Vikings won't be perfect tonight. The Vikings gave their all last week and it will difficult to replicate that for a second week in a row. Ponder is dinged up. One big hit on him could completely change the course of this game. You can bet the Packer defense is counting on that.

This won't be a walkover. The Vikings and Packers always play each other tough, regardless of record. However, the Packers will be in control by the 4th quarter and a late Viking score will probably make the score closer than it actually is. Packers 31, Vikings 24

Bonus giblet...superkicker Walsh misses his first 50+ try tonight. Sorry kid, Lambeau in January isn't the Humpty Dome.

Lemon coolaid.

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 11:39 AM

Nawwww Fritz just start drinking early. Drink lots.

ThunderDan
01-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Your concerns ar warranted; don't get tooo close to the ledge. GB was fortunate to win game one with Ponder being horried that day.

Vikes are built old school to play in this weather. I'm not sure the loudness factor is nearly as relevant in an outside venue as it it in a dome.

Their DL is way better than our OL
Their OL is probably better then our DL

Ring Familiar ???

The Vikings were lucky to win in their building after playing a perfect game last week.

SEA is an outdoor stadium and considered the loudest in the NFL.

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 11:42 AM
I was thinking about a few things yesterday:
Save for a couple of Ponder picks, the Vikings played very well in the first game and could have won if not for those.
Ponder threw a couple of balls that *should* have been picked in the last game.

Green Bay actually *improved* against Peterman in the last game: 21/210-10 ypc vs 34/199-5.6. Peterman's season average is 6.0 YPC, so the Packers had a better than average performance in the last game. So P is likely to get a grip of carries, but there is one good way to limit that and to limit Minny's scoring: third down play.

Third downs killed GB in the last game--some were fluky, some were just Minny having a great gameplan--but they got it done and shades of the 2011 Packers showed. Ponder was in position to succeed, and succeeded on third down. I think if GB can take even a couple of those away, it tilts the game for the Packers. If not, well, things will get wild. Green Bay allowed a 38% conversion rate on third down this year but they gave up >50% to Minny. They need to take it back down toward their mean.

Cherry coolaid.

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 11:45 AM

Emergency. Serve this Packerrat some coolaid.

Orange,Lime,Grape,Lemon,Cherry ......... any kind.

ThunderDan
01-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Getting ready to jump in the car and head up to Green Bay.

Should be an excellent game. I can't wait to see APs' face the first time he gets hit hard in the cold weather.

Packers pull away in the second half for the victory.

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 11:47 AM
The Vikings were lucky to win in their building after playing a perfect game last week.

Try to focus on positive karma for the PACKERS!

Don't drink coolaid...drink Miller.

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Getting ready to jump in the car and head up to Green Bay.

Should be an excellent game. I can't wait to see APs' face the first time he gets hit hard in the cold weather.

Packers pull away in the second half for the victory.

Enjoy some beer at Lambeau and I hope it doesn't get too cold for you today.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 11:52 AM

That Lambeau crowd better get loud today. We need all we can get.

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Try to focus on positive karma for the PACKERS!

Don't drink coolaid...drink Miller.

PACKERS 27 - Minnesota 23

No Problem !

ThunderDan
01-05-2013, 12:00 PM
That Lambeau crowd better get loud today. We need all we can get.

PACKERS !

Pulled out of the church choir for Sunday service tomorrow. I won't have any voice to talk yet alone sing.

LegandofthePack15
01-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Enjoy some beer at Lambeau and I hope it doesn't get too cold for you today.

Now that's classical comedy! :mrgreen: :lol:

Frigid weather + alcohol = Ice, ice baby - too cold too cold. :-P

Woodbuck, u a king's jester in another life?

esoxx
01-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Back from the walk and came to a couple of conclusions.

1. It's MF'ing cold outside!!!

2. The Packers win.

For the first time since New Orleans game we have full compliment of WR's back in the lineup. Cobb & Jennings in the slot, Jones & Nelson on the outside with Finley down the middle? Hello!!! Throw in Winfield's broken hand and it's going to be a very overmatched Viking secondary.

Toss in Ponder's right elbow injury, overlooked factor. Missed some practice time this week. Ever have an injured elbow? Ever try to throw a football with an injured elbow? In 18 degree weather? Not easy or fun.

Just heard updated forecast, could be freezing drizzle by game time. I think Peterson puts one on the ground, he's due.

Finally, it's the Green Bay freakin' Packers! It's like deciding between Mom's apple pie or a stale burrito.

It's like deciding between the USA & USSR, good vs. evil. Who won the Cold War? Who won the 1980 hockey game in Lake Placid! U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!!

It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor and it sure as hell isn't over b/c we lost a stinkin' game last week on a last second FG on the road!

Nothing is over!! You just don't turn it off!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBuvRk1thQ

LegandofthePack15
01-05-2013, 01:01 PM
It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor ]

I think you meant the Japanese.

(Not "Japs," Red! That's a racial slur!)

ThunderDan
01-05-2013, 01:11 PM

I think he meant Germans!

Toga, Toga, TOGA!!!!

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Back from the walk and came to a couple of conclusions.

1. It's MF'ing cold outside!!!

2. The Packers win.

For the first time since New Orleans game we have full compliment of WR's back in the lineup. Cobb & Jennings in the slot, Jones & Nelson on the outside with Finley down the middle? Hello!!! Throw in Winfield's broken hand and it's going to be a very overmatched Viking secondary.

Toss in Ponder's right elbow injury, overlooked factor. Missed some practice time this week. Ever have an injured elbow? Ever try to throw a football with an injured elbow? In 18 degree weather? Not easy or fun.

Just heard updated forecast, could be freezing drizzle by game time. I think Peterson puts one on the ground, he's due.

Finally, it's the Green Bay freakin' Packers! It's like deciding between Mom's apple pie or a stale burrito.

It's like deciding between the USA & USSR, good vs. evil. Who won the Cold War? Who won the 1980 hockey game in Lake Placid! U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!!

It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor and it sure as hell isn't over b/c we lost a stinkin' game last week on a last second FG on the road!

Nothing is over!! You just don't turn it off!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBuvRk1thQ

There's the attitude and and a timely reference to hockey too.

You fellas just won the World Junior Hockey Championship today with Milwaukee's Alex Galchenyuk (HABS Prospect) in your lineup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Galchenyuk

Nothing can go wrong in Wisconsin today. The Green Bay PACKERS must win !

GO PACK GO !

HowardRoark
01-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Where the hell is the Captain?

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Where the hell is the Captain?

CaptainKickass.

red
01-05-2013, 01:51 PM
why do you pussies keep saying its cold?

today is the warmest its been in like 3 weeks. i didn't even wear a coat to the store when i picked up by beer

the temp will have no effect what so ever on this game IMO

red
01-05-2013, 01:52 PM

i could have called then gooks or slant eyes, or chink like creatures

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 01:59 PM

today is the warmest its been in like 3 weeks. i didn't even wear a coat to the store when i picked up by beer

Balmy Sat. 05 Jan, 2013 :

Weather for Green Bay, WI, USA:-

4° Celcius or approx. 25 °F ... Hazy ... Wind: S at 14 km/h ... Humidity: 75% ... Hi -1° C and Low -8° C

Who could complain.

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 02:03 PM

Whatever !

I just don't want our season goint to this this evening. No surprizes !:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFCT6N4O9yBZKRrVC7_qpQrv9bUXNRm _tmrmAGdWBtFyBAToIA

GO PACK GO !

LegandofthePack15
01-05-2013, 02:03 PM

I bet you hate blacks and Jews and homosexuals, too.

Man, you are more ignorant than Hitler.

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant.
Maximilien Robespierre

red
01-05-2013, 02:07 PM

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant.
Maximilien Robespierre

up, and you're so much better. just trolling internet web sites doing your best to fuck with and piss off as many people as you can.

its people like you that created people like hitler

but its nothing you haven't been told already, right tank?

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 02:08 PM

Maximilien Robespierre

Today it's best to:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSm0Vloj68D8ZLcv1jsTByO0Byamn0ao 6_H-egDvEmZ2aGXzJrh

Be:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzqu2AeCNuP-hX3BZWx2HV9EI5U0VYCWiNGmYLqhUrcKah_6ig

TOMORROW.

LegandofthePack15
01-05-2013, 02:12 PM
up, and you're so much better. just trolling internet web sites doing your best to fuck with and piss off as many people as you can.

its people like you that created people like hitler

but its nothing you haven't been told already, right tank?

Not trolling. Just pointing out your ignorance.

red
01-05-2013, 02:15 PM
i don't need this fucking bullshit from this dumb piece of fucking shit

do the world a huge favor one day tank and put in bullet in you pathetic fucking head

promise the world would be better off without you

i'm done here until your ass is gone

LegandofthePack15
01-05-2013, 02:25 PM
i don't need this fucking bullshit from this dumb piece of fucking shit

do the world a huge favor one day tank and put in bullet in you pathetic fucking head

promise the world would be better off without you

i'm done here until your ass is gone

You're an idiot. Japs is a derogatory term and you continue to use it nonstop.

You're going on my ignore list.

mr_blonde
01-05-2013, 02:27 PM

Maximilien Robespierre

CLASSIC!

You MF Red but then quote the most bloodthirsty, tyrannical extremist/terrorist of the 18th century. I suppose you (and the rest of your hypocritical ilk) view Robespierre as a hero because he cared for the poor ...

Who is the ignoramus??? A: Look in the mirror, you fucking scumbag.

pittstang5
01-05-2013, 02:30 PM
I was gonna wait, but I guess I'll post this now.

One and done! Just like last year. Packers have no shot. The Football Gods just do not like the Packers this year. (See the Seattle game and all of the lousy officiaing they've had all year) This is not our year Packer Fans. We're in for a long night.

As soon as we think we have this team figured out, they have a game like they did last week, specifically the defense. Their youth and inexperience really came out. Missed tackles, confusion, missed assignments - just all around bad play.

Packers defense had one player to worry about and they let him run wild. I love Capers comments about being "Overaggressive," in trying to stop AP. Really? Overaggressive? Not what I saw - I saw players that still don't know how to tackle....STILL! In not even trying to stop AP, Ponder could do whatever he wanted and he did! Now, the Packers have to worry about him too.

So, what will we see this week. Well, I'm expecting to see more of what we saw last week. Hand off to AP, Ponder to hit the TE in stride down the middle of the field, playaction to work all day for the Vikings, Packer CBs frozen, peeking in the backfield, LBs and Safeties not tackling and Ponder having all day to throw to whoever he wants. It's gonna be a long night.

On offense - McCarthy will want to try to start fast, like usual. Have the Packers done anything on the first series all year? I can't think of any game where they came out and actually put points on the board on the first drive. Hell, I can't remember any first drive where they actually looked just OK. Usually it's a 3 and out. For a team that is supposedly built to score fast and often - they sure do suck at it.

O-line will struggle (again, nothing new), Rodgers will make at least two "bone-headed, why the hell would you do that," moves and take a couple sacks to move them out of field goal range. Ugh, it's gonna be a long night.

I'm not even going to get into Special Teams cause we all know how Mason "Shankapotamus" Crosby will fare today.

Easy game for the Vikings - just do exactly what you did last week. Packers have no chance.

Vikings 34, Packers 17 - Game Over!

rbaloha1
01-05-2013, 02:40 PM

One and done! Just like last year. Packers have no shot. The Football Gods just do not like the Packers this year. (See the Seattle game and all of the lousy officiaing they've had all year) This is not our year Packer Fans. We're in for a long night.

As soon as we think we have this team figured out, they have a game like they did last week, specifically the defense. Their youth and inexperience really came out. Missed tackles, confusion, missed assignments - just all around bad play.

Packers defense had one player to worry about and they let him run wild. I love Capers comments about being "Overaggressive," in trying to stop AP. Really? Overaggressive? Not what I saw - I saw players that still don't know how to tackle....STILL! In not even trying to stop AP, Ponder could do whatever he wanted and he did! Now, the Packers have to worry about him too.

So, what will we see this week. Well, I'm expecting to see more of what we saw last week. Hand off to AP, Ponder to hit the TE in stride down the middle of the field, playaction to work all day for the Vikings, Packer CBs frozen, peeking in the backfield, LBs and Safeties not tackling and Ponder having all day to throw to whoever he wants. It's gonna be a long night.

On offense - McCarthy will want to try to start fast, like usual. Have the Packers done anything on the first series all year? I can't think of any game where they came out and actually put points on the board on the first drive. Hell, I can't remember any first drive where they actually looked just OK. Usually it's a 3 and out. For a team that is supposedly built to score fast and often - they sure do suck at it.

O-line will struggle (again, nothing new), Rodgers will make at least two "bone-headed, why the hell would you do that," moves and take a couple sacks to move them out of field goal range. Ugh, it's gonna be a long night.

I'm not even going to get into Special Teams cause we all know how Mason "Shankapotamus" Crosby will fare today.

Easy game for the Vikings - just do exactly what you did last week. Packers have no chance.

Its too early for Howard Stern.

The Shadow
01-05-2013, 02:42 PM
This is a classic Club vs Rapier game.
Rodgers & his receiving corp can move the ball quicker down the field and get points quicker than Peterson can.
If McCarthy commits from the start to the pass the Packers win. If he insists on spending the first half accepting constant 2 yard runs in the name of balance, I'm not confident.
If he's worried about the Viking pass rush, 3 step drop short routes, the occasional screen, and keeping a back and/or TE in to pass protect - even if that means 3 man routes - would be just fine.
I just hope the Packer offense doesn not spend too much time banging its head against the wall in the name of balance.

rbaloha1
01-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Expect the Packers to start fast and take it to the Viqueens.

The return of Woodson helps to contain AP.

Packers offense is no huddle run and shoot and no huddle mode and produces big points.

Some ups and downs -- Packers cover the line.

wist43
01-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Will probably come down to one guy - my favorite whipping boy, Dom Capers.

If he comes out with an aggressive game plan, commits seven up front, mixes in four DL, plays tight coverage on their mediocre receivers... I like our chances. If he comes out with 2 DL, 3 man rushes, and sloppy zones?? Our season is probably over.

LeRoy Butler was complaining about Capers and his 3rd and 11 brain fart from last week as well... I'm not the only one that sees it. At some point, you'd think McCarthy would step in and rip that page out of the playbook.

I have faith in McCarthy and Rodgers on offense... if the defense can at least hold serve, I have confidence the offense can do enough against their defense. Our pathetic OL notwithstanding.

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 02:48 PM

It appears as though your glass is now ................. empty.

This will be a tough game. I want to see a great game.

There is little chance that the Packers offense scores as few as 17 points or less. We'll see 30+ Points on 'O'.

RE: Our teams Secondary:

I like the way M. Burnett and S. Shields tackle but the rest not so much. T. Williams seems like a pretender of late.

RE: Our teams Linebackers

AJ Hawk and Brad Jones have to get busy and make plays. T. Manning and E. Walden better not play invisable man tonight. If somehow the Vikings can neutralize Clay Matthews they may win the battle in the trench's and that scares me.

RE: Our teams DL:

We need to see BJ Raji do some magic on the Vikings side of the LOS. He has to penetrate, make plays... be disruptive. I expect a big game fr. Ryan Pickett and C.J. Wilson. If Mike Neal shows up we're in good shape there.

RE: Our teams 'O':

Can we count on Randall Cobb to be 100%? We need our receivers to play a full game. If G. Jennings, J.Nelson and J. Jones are available for 60 minutes we'll win.

The Vikings have lots in their front seven to pressure Aaron Rodgers. He has to get mobile, buy some time. Our receivers have to get back to the ball and run routes to find space. Rodgers has to be solid in his checkdowns and not focus so much on his guy.

Mixing in a running game will help Aaron Rodgers. It'll help to take the heat off of him and help us win the clock.

We need to get solid production in our kicking game because the Vikings surely will.

Who will win this game?

We 'must win' this game.

GO PACKERS!

wist43
01-05-2013, 02:50 PM
This is a classic Club vs Rapier game.
Rodgers & his receiving corp can move the ball quicker down the field and get points quicker than Peterson can.
If McCarthy commits from the start to the pass the Packers win. If he insists on spending the first half accepting constant 2 yard runs in the name of balance, I'm not confident.
If he's worried about the Viking pass rush, 3 step drop short routes, the occasional screen, and keeping a back and/or TE in to pass protect - even if that means 3 man routes - would be just fine.
I just hope the Packer offense doesn not spend too much time banging its head against the wall in the name of balance.

I do have faith in the offense... but McCarthy running for the sake of running, and getting nothing out of it is a concern.

Worst case scenario would be McCarthy stubbornly sticking to a running game that isn't working; and Capers being Capers.

If that's the case, we're done.

I actually think McCarthy will not do that... Capers?? Cross your fingers and hope he can't find that page in the playbook.

mr_blonde
01-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Joe Webb to start????

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5857/joe-webb

hoosier
01-05-2013, 03:20 PM

c c
I could have posted exactly what you just wrote after the debacle in the Meadowlands in November. But then the Pack turned around and won three straight in December. I think this team has shown itself to be more resilient than you are giving them credit for (unless you're just playing the pessimistic prognosticator so the opposite will come true). And I don't see them losing twice in a row to the same team, even if the Vikings do present a bad matchup for them on the ground and with their DL. I am cautiously optimistic that the Packers will win this by more than 7 points.

mmmdk
01-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Webb & Peterson gonna run, run, run!

mmmdk
01-05-2013, 03:25 PM
I think he meant Germans!

Toga, Toga, TOGA!!!!

Isn't this from some flick from the '70ties? Can't remember the name of the movie...can anyone help?

wist43
01-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Isn't this from some flick from the '70ties? Can't remember the name of the movie...can anyone help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Joe Webb to start????

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5857/joe-webb

WOW! If that's the case that's wild.

If so ....that puts even more pressure on the Packers to win and for the Vikings to run 'All Day'.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/01/05/looking-more-likely-that-joe-webb-starts-for-minnesota-in-green-bay/

" Webb did not attempt a single pass this season, as he stayed glued to the bench behind Ponder. Webb’s last legitimate game action came in Week 17 last season, when he completed 17 of 32 passes in a 17-13 loss to the Chicago Bears."

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 03:41 PM

I think he means:

Tora! Tora! Tora !

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066473/

sooner6600
01-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Tora, tora, tora is greek for the word now!

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Tora, tora, tora is greek for the word now!

As in ......

'Dear ...would you go to the icebox and bring me a beer...Tora tora tora.'

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ14g6zr2i7tZJu9BRiB5Lc1t31GB4Ru ZQ2wwUR-r9AWHHIY9EygA

or 'Honey .... would you serve me a beer Tora tora tora.'

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS16hRZ8diY_VJlwQP19ouhYk4NozldR ySx6d6SFnjeIaIetk2dFg

I researched this and discovered that:

Tora is Japanese for "tiger",

'to' is the initial syllable of the Japanese word totsugeki, meaning "charge" or "attack", and 'ra' is initial syllable of raigeki, meaning "torpedo attack".

Cheesehead Craig
01-05-2013, 04:34 PM

Glad to see you're consistant pitt ;)

Tony Oday
01-05-2013, 04:37 PM
Looking more and more like a Webb start.

swede
01-05-2013, 04:45 PM
I think the widespread fail in picking up the easiest Animal House reference in the book is a bad omen.

Other than that. if you matched these two teams up ten times the Packers win eight. I'd say we're due, if the inability to recognize elementary memes hasn't hexed us.

HowardRoark
01-05-2013, 04:48 PM
I think the widespread fail in picking up the easiest Animal House reference in the book is a bad omen.

Other than that. if you matched these two teams up ten times the Packers win eight. I'd say we're due, if the inability to recognize elementary memes hasn't hexed us.

That was the Coldplay guy; he doesn't count.

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 04:49 PM

It was going to be a helluva game Swede and maybe now... not so much.

2 Hours and 8 Minutes to go to KO.

Bossman641
01-05-2013, 04:58 PM
What's everybody drinking? I've got a 6 pack of hefeweizen to be followed by some Maker's.

Go Pack!!

Tony Oday
01-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Mich Golden case and Captain if it gets bad.

denverYooper
01-05-2013, 05:05 PM

Way to smack some sense into the forum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0GW0Vnr9Yc

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 05:07 PM
What's everybody drinking? I've got a 6 pack of hefeweizen to be followed by some Maker's.

Go Pack!!

I'm drinking Sleeman's 'Rousse' that has a tendency to walk my stomach outside of my body so I'm salting it down with Clamato Juice.

http://www.sleeman.ca/en/rousse

swede
01-05-2013, 05:13 PM
NM

VegasPackFan
01-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Hop Rising DOUBLE India Pale Ale - 9% Alc. Gonna order out some Buffalo Wild Wings BLAZING wings as well.

pbmax
01-05-2013, 05:23 PM

Finally, someone who has had enough to drink to make some sense.

denverYooper
01-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Keep hearing thta Webb is warming up w/Recs. No sign of Ponder.

denverYooper
01-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Keep hearing thta Webb is warming up w/Recs. No sign of Ponder.

Ok and so Al Michaels on with the call of Ponder being declared inactive.

The Shadow
01-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Pack 31
Min 17
Pick to click : Mike Neal

red
01-05-2013, 05:29 PM
ponder is inactive

webb is starting

i'm having jason garrett flashbacks

pbmax
01-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Oh, crap. Backup QB curse a'coming. Ponder is out, Webb in.

pbmax
01-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Let's name them all and get it out of the way.

I call Paul Justin.

red
01-05-2013, 05:31 PM

Go Pack!!

rum to warm up

then miller lite in the packer chalice. i'm going for quantity tonight over quality

pbmax
01-05-2013, 05:33 PM

Its a generations thing swede. We are on the wrong end of the right movie.

Speaking of which, Tora, Tora, Tora is a good film.

VegasPackFan
01-05-2013, 05:39 PM
These days when I tell someone they're on Double Secret Probation, I only have a 50/50 chance they have any clue what I'm referencing. Sad.

red
01-05-2013, 05:43 PM
These days when I tell someone they're on Double Secret Probation, I only have a 50/50 chance they have any clue what I'm referencing. Sad.

imagine what someone would think if you called them "fat, drunk, and stupid"

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 05:46 PM
1 Hour and 15 Minutes to:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOxUe-_iWLsE9snFB8NlQmvB1_UHTKAYs6Hwjp54F-jZZ3jBrvWw

GO PACK GO !

VegasPackFan
01-05-2013, 05:56 PM
imagine what someone would think if you called them "fat, drunk, and stupid"

I only use that one on the ones I'm SURE would get it!

pbmax
01-05-2013, 05:58 PM

Here's the deal. Talent and matchup wise this game and rivalry is tighter than the two year trend makes you think it is. Minnesota can rush the passer, and has one decent CB. Their O line is steady if not spectacular and gives the young QB time to find a checkdown and the RB time to cutback.

But the Packers are healthy on D. Too many guys ran to Peterman in without maintaining gap control in the last game. That gave him several of his large gainers in cutbacks even though the Vike offense is not a cutback run game per se. Even though this was the coaches theme this week, I buy it as it squares with what I saw during the game and does not seem to fall into "pad level" excuse making.

Lambeau will reverse the LOS noise factor and tip it to the Packers favor. More pressure, quicker breaks off the line, etc.

The Packers D, despite its flaws, can adapt and is coachable. The only question that remains is whether to continue to play zone or to play man to man. With Webb starting at QB, I expect zone to start.

On offense, the Packers O line gave Rodgers more than enough protection to put up 34 points after taking a quarter to get up to speed. Homefield only makes this better. The Vikes, if they cannot pass rush, can be had in coverage. EDS over Sat has made a difference in the run game and has not allowed pass protection to suffer.

Packer's run game also benefits from home field, giving the D less traction and better take off. Grant, Green, Kuhn and Harris allow M3 to call whatever he wants in the run, play action game, though the RBs are not interchangeable.

Weather tonight is mid 20s and flurries. Perfect passing weather. Peterman will have a normal offensive player's edge when running playside, but cutbacks and change of direction will not be as effective.

Packers win, 31-13

VegasPackFan
01-05-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm really worried about this game coming down to field goals. Crosby is still just too shaky for me. I also feel like the Joe Webb factor might not be a good thing for us either. Whole different type of player than what they would have practiced and schemed for.

Brando19
01-05-2013, 05:59 PM
1 Hour and 15 Minutes to:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOxUe-_iWLsE9snFB8NlQmvB1_UHTKAYs6Hwjp54F-jZZ3jBrvWw

GO PACK GO !

Lets just hope that kickoff stays inbounds.

mmmdk
01-05-2013, 06:00 PM
rum to warm up

then miller lite in the packer chalice. i'm going for quantity tonight over quality

Hey you're still posting! :tup: :wave:

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 06:04 PM

Can lightening strike twice:

On December 28, 2010, Webb made his first career start, against the Philadelphia Eagles. Scoring one rushing touchdown and throwing for 195 yards, he was 17 for 26 with no interceptions.

Initially projected to lose by two touchdowns, the Vikings pulled off an upset win, 24-14.

pittstang5
01-05-2013, 06:07 PM

This is bad news.

This is being set up perfectly for disaster.

Most analysts, so called experts, etc, are picking the Packers to win. Ponder out, enter back-up QB. Now, I would bet that everyone and their sister is saying Vikings have no chance. Perfect set up - guaranteed loss for the Pack.

Packers just out right suck against back up QBs that they don't have tape on.

KalamazooPackerFan
Home Run Inn pizza, Fat Squirrel beer, fathead on the family room wall.....let's get this going! Packers 31, Vikings 14

mmmdk
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS! Oh...sorry, wrong forum!

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 06:10 PM
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS! Oh...sorry, wrong forum!

Wrong decade too ! :wink:

mmmdk
01-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Wrong decade too ! :wink:

Just goofin' :lol:

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Home Run Inn pizza, Fat Squirrel beer, fathead on the family room wall.....let's get this going! Packers 31, Vikings 14

http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/Photos/Beer/150/FatSquirrel.png

mmmdk
01-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Tot el camp
és un clam
som la gent blaugrana
Tant se val d'on venim
si del sud o del nord
ara estem d'acord, ara estem d'acord,
una bandera ens agermana.
Blaugrana al vent
un crit valent
tenim un nom el sap tothom:
Barça, Barça, Baaarça!

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Just goofin' :lol:

What time is it over there?

It's 7:13 Eastern time here in Ontario, Canada.

mmmdk
01-05-2013, 06:17 PM
What time is it over there?

It's 7:13 Eastern time here in Ontario, Canada.

1am

red
01-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Hey you're still posting! :tup: :wave:

yeah yeah

thanks for the pm

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 06:19 PM
Tot el camp
és un clam
som la gent blaugrana
Tant se val d'on venim
si del sud o del nord
ara estem d'acord, ara estem d'acord,
una bandera ens agermana.
Blaugrana al vent
un crit valent
tenim un nom el sap tothom:
Barça, Barça, Baaarça!

Although the field
is a cry
We're the crowd
No matter where we come from
the south or the north
Now we agree, we agree now,
One flag unites us in brotherhood.
Claret wind
worth a shout
got a name that everyone knows:
Players, Baaarça!

That name is PACKERS ! So rise and shout !!

Rastak
01-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Webb looked pretty bad in preseason, other than a couple huge runs. I was expecting a close Packer win but now I have no idea what's about to happen. I do know Webb is 4.40 speed guy so he's a threat to house it when he gets flushed but man, he may have a strong arm but he ain't exactly Manning disecting defenses.

Rastak
01-05-2013, 06:26 PM
I wonder if McCarthey called Capers and said, SHIT - meet me in my office in 5 minutes we gotta tweak some things and quick.

mmmdk
01-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Although the field
is a cry
We're the crowd
No matter where we come from
the south or the north
Now we agree, we agree now,
One flag unites us in brotherhood.
Claret wind
worth a shout
got a name that everyone knows:
Players, Baaarça!

That name is PACKERS ! So rise and shout !!

Well done! Repped Woody and if I can so can you! [I want reps too 'cos I'm that great] .

VegasPackFan
01-05-2013, 06:28 PM
I wonder if McCarthey called Capers and said, SHIT - meet me in my office in 5 minutes we gotta tweak some things and quick.

My thoughts exactly. They could not have been ready from a scheme standpoint for this. Renders a lot of your practice and prep worthless.

mmmdk
01-05-2013, 06:28 PM

I know so! Webb's going to look like RGIII...

mmmdk
01-05-2013, 06:30 PM
yeah yeah

thanks for the pm

...must've been my evil twin brother!

pittstang5
01-05-2013, 06:31 PM
I know so! Webb's going to look like RGIII...

Yep. I don't like this, I don't like this one bit.

Vikings probably had this planned from the get go. Sneaky bitches!

Rastak
01-05-2013, 06:34 PM

I think there is some truth to that. Ponder kept saying he would try and play no matter what. Vikings had him questionable but that left doubt in GB minds.

pbmax
01-05-2013, 06:35 PM

Guaranteed he and Dom think they are ready. But the first half will tell us whether that is true or not.

Rastak
01-05-2013, 06:37 PM
First time in NFL history a QB starts a playoff game with no passes in the regular season.

mmmdk
01-05-2013, 06:37 PM

We are always right, you and I, ALL on PR knows this but won't face facts. Read our posts and weep, Rats! :wink:

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 06:39 PM
First time in NFL history a QB starts a playoff game with no passes in the regular season.

Ohh Ohh !

mmmdk
01-05-2013, 06:42 PM

He doesn't need to [pass]; Peterson & Webb will run for 275 yards combined.

pittstang5
01-05-2013, 06:42 PM
We are always right, you and I, ALL on PR knows this but won't face facts. Read our posts and weep, Rats! :wink:

I know, right. :-)

pittstang5
01-05-2013, 06:43 PM

Just another reason why the Vikings will win and the PAckers will look clueless.

Rastak
01-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Frazier was just asked "Webb can run, will you try and incorporate that into the game plan"? He laughed and said "yes, we've got some things in there". He also said they needed to rest Ponder for next week.....:-)

red
01-05-2013, 06:48 PM
it doesn't matter who is the starting QB, our D plays to the level of the other teams QB no matter who they are

well, just below the level of the other teams QB

mmmdk
01-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Oh great!!!! :mad: On Danish TV3+ they're now showing Packers at Vikings from last week!!! WTF :mad: :mad: WE'RE CURSED & DOOMED!

red
01-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Frazier was just asked "Webb can run, will you try and incorporate that into the game plan"? He laughed and said "yes, we've got some things in there". He also said they needed to rest Ponder for next week.....:-)

great, so now we have 2 assholes that we can't tackle

red
01-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Oh great!!!! :mad: On Danish TV3+ they're now showing Packers at Vikings from last week!!! WTF :mad: :mad: WE'RE CURSED & DOOMED!

nbc.com is suppose to be steaming live i think

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 06:50 PM
OK then with Joe Webb we have to watch out for this fella to run the ball.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a0/Joe_Webb_at_Vikings_training_camp_2011_%28cropped% 29.jpg/220px-Joe_Webb_at_Vikings_training_camp_2011_%28cropped% 29.jpg

This fella is a good athlete. The 2008 season was Webb's first full season as UAB's quarterback, starting all 12 contests, where he passed the C-USA record for rushing yards by a quarterback in a single season with 1,021 yards. He was also ranked fourth in the nation for rushing yards for a quarterback.

mmmdk
01-05-2013, 06:51 PM
greta, so now we have 2 assholes that we can't tackle

Been saying that for hours now! :bang:

pbmax
01-05-2013, 06:52 PM
According to Rodney and Tony, Webb will be near impossible to defend. Which raises the question: If he is so dangerous, why doesn't he start? :lol:

Rastak
This one blows me away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9PsUH1fmJk

red
i call cheating

the guy was listed as probably all week. we game planned for him

he obviously was not probable if he was unable to practice or throw the ball all week.

i think this was all a giant scam by the queens, and now we're gonna see a completely different game plan then what we expecting

esoxx
Spurgeon
Wynn

pbmax
Been saying that for hours now! :bang:

Take it easy. He is the backup to Ponder for a reason.

Cheesehead Craig
Go Pack Go!

mmmdk
01-05-2013, 06:53 PM
nbc.com is suppose to be steaming live i think

Got NFL game pass but I need to post my wisdom tonight! So no game pass!

Rastak
01-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Spurgeon
Wynn

That guy sucked.....holy Jesus.

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 06:54 PM

Is he going to toss weenies at your winter windup BarBQ?

red
This one blows me away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9PsUH1fmJk

he hit the bar on the way down, doesn't count

pbmax
i call cheating

the guy was listed as probably all week. we game planned for him

he obviously was not probable if he was unable to practice or throw the ball all week.

i think this was all a giant scam by the queens, and now we're gonna see a completely different game plan then what we expecting

I thought he was questionable all week?

Rastak

Exactly - but he is a big changeup and that could even things out at least a little.

red
01-05-2013, 06:56 PM
I thought he was questionable all week?

don;t rationalize with me a-hole

i've been drinking for awhile now because you guys told me i had to

woodbuck27
Exactly - but he is a big changeup and that could even things out at least a little.

I hope we see a great game.

Good Luck Rastak.

Tony Dungy likes the Vikings and especially so with Joe Webb at QB for you fellas.

Bretsky
According to Rodney and Tony, Webb will be near impossible to defend. Which raises the question: If he is so dangerous, why doesn't he start? :lol:

Because he's inconsistent as hell and to be honest a lousy passer.
He has the potential to pull a game out of his ass though.

mmmdk

I'm taking it easy? :lol: You should see/hear me when I'm upset [about a Packer loss]!!

Rastak
01-05-2013, 06:57 PM
I hope we see a great game.

Good Luck Rastak.

You guys too. Won't be on the forum too much during the game.

red
01-05-2013, 06:58 PM
damnit. i don't want to go to san fran next week

Rastak
01-05-2013, 06:58 PM

Spot on Bretsky....although he does have a strong arm (stronger than Ponder).....so maybe send Wright on a few double move fly's and just crank it up.

edit: That doesn;t work with Safety help but I'm thinking your Safeties will be rather busy with other things.

mmmdk
01-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Do people remember how many TDs Vikings scored through the air last week? Just about 300 TDs! :mad: Good grief, why am I watching this sh!t again.

Rastak
01-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Do people remember how TDs Vikings scored through the air last week? Just about 300 TDs! :mad: Good grief, why am I watching this sh!t again.

I watched it twice.

red
01-05-2013, 07:01 PM
lets get this shit over with

kick the fucking ball already

mmmdk
Oh, now there's something about Ken Kern - a huge Packers fan! Nice!

denverYooper

Pretty funny that Costas found that statement "interesting" and that it indicated Frazier thought Minny had a chance to win. Of course he did! Like an NFL HC is going to be anything but confident about his team :).

pbmax
01-05-2013, 07:03 PM
don;t rationalize with me a-hole

i've been drinking for awhile now because you guys told me i had to

I forgot. Your job is just to keep posting so we know you are still conscious. :lol:

pbmax
01-05-2013, 07:04 PM

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause
Joe Webb has 3 career starts. His career stats: 88 of 152 passes (57.9%) for 853 yards, 3 TDs and 5 interceptions.

pbmax
01-05-2013, 07:05 PM

Talk to you after game.

pittstang5
01-05-2013, 07:05 PM
We are sooo screwed!

gbgary
01-05-2013, 07:07 PM
COME ON PACKERS!!

pbmax
Let's light this candle and defer!

denverYooper
Re: Webb and the threat of the read option. Packers might as well get used it for this playoff run, it won't be the last time they'll see it.

MJZiggy
I'm just happy that we don't have to listen to Aikman all night. I say this means that a few key folks will be a little more free to roam this game. It will be interesting to say the least.

pbmax
Oh crap, Frank Reich comparison. :D

red
01-05-2013, 07:08 PM
wood needs to just mirror webb all game

esoxx
Who won the toss

pbmax
Clay seems unfazed by read option possibility.

denverYooper
01-05-2013, 07:09 PM

Going to have to deal with it sooner or later.

pbmax
01-05-2013, 07:10 PM
38 yard return?

pittstang5

I'm not worried about Clay, it's the other 10 guys that worry me.

esoxx
I'm just happy that we don't have to listen to Aikman all night. I say this means that a few key folks will be a little more free to roam this game. It will be interesting to say the least.

We get him next week so don't get too comfortable

red
great. fat mike spent all week trying to figure out if we should defer or not

fuck the game plan

woodbuck27
We've 38 members on the forum here right now just at kick off.

8:10 PM Eastern Time.

GO PACKERS !

Bretsky
Frickin Packers won the dam toss and deferred
Dumb Asses

You've got the best O in the game. I wanted to see them take the ball and put up a quick seven

Guiness

Best you aren't! If Bretsky's Whammy hold true, you might learn some new words!

There's the kick off, we're underway!

pbmax
01-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Opened in Eagle D with Pickett cocked at angle on nose.

red
01-05-2013, 07:11 PM
one AP carry

no missed tackles

so far so good

pittstang5
01-05-2013, 07:12 PM
one AP carry

no missed tackles

so far so good

It's early, just wait - yep there it is.

Bretsky
fuck me; somebody make a fucking tackle

red
thats more like it

7 missed tackles on one play

pbmax
Crikes, he was surrounded in the backfield and Burnett and Jones miss him.

mmmdk
Hot knife through butter!

Bretsky
Note to pbmax

I like Brad Jones LESS than Red liked Jarrett Bush as a DB

Guiness
What the hell was that???? The scramble was sniffed out, he was stopped behind the LOS and he got the 1st down!

esoxx
How fucking stupid do you have to be to defer the kick when you know key to win is to get lead early

pittstang5
01-05-2013, 07:13 PM
It's like last week all over again. told ya.

pbmax
There is the run to the tackle run and Hawk got swallowed

mmmdk
Raji is looking old!

Bretsky
one AP carry

no missed tackles

so far so good

REDWHAMMY

woodbuck27
Hell !

STOP the fricken' RUN !

They have too much of that going now tonight.

pbmax
There is the run to the tackle run and Hawk got swallowed

He did squeeze the hole, but not much else.

red
Crikes, he was surrounded in the backfield and Burnett and Jones miss him.

thats why jones isn't suppose to start

pittstang5
Already in FG range. Great Start defense. pathetic

Bretsky
01-05-2013, 07:14 PM
How fucking stupid do you have to defer the kick when you know key to win is to get lead early

FIVE CLAP FIVE CLAP FIVE CLAP FIVE CLAP FIVE CLAP

Completely agree !!

pittstang5
Fuckin Pathetic! C'mon D!!!!!

mmmdk
Urgh! Pathetic run D.

red
LOL

its like our guys just look at the guy with the ball

and freeze

red
01-05-2013, 07:15 PM
come on, horse collar that fuck down

who's the queens third string qb?

mmmdk
The No Pass Game Part II

pittstang5
Gonna be 7-0 pathetic

MadtownPacker
This game is going to be won by the offense. No need to panic even if they score.

woodbuck27
The Viking 'O' is making it look too easy.

pbmax
Note to pbmax

I like Brad Jones LESS than Red liked Jarrett Bush as a DB

Its been a mixed bag. But he has made some good plays.

Wood on run blitz.

Bretsky
thats why jones isn't suppose to start

THAT............AND HE SUCKS

red
01-05-2013, 07:16 PM
How fucking stupid do you have to be to defer the kick when you know key to win is to get lead early

yup, just beyond fucking stupid

fat mike showing his smarts again

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 07:17 PM
3rd and 7 FR. our 15 yard line !

Hold here and we're 'only' down 3-0 and dodge a bullet.

All the same. Nice first drive by Joe Webb.

YUP ! Vikings open 3-0.

pbmax
3rd and 7, taking bets on D alignment! :lol:

denverYooper
Nice to see Woodson back.

gbgary
we need to run blitz. be back there when he gets the ball.

pbmax
THAT............AND HE SUCKS

No he doesn't suck. But the Vikes are a bad matchup for him. Filling holes from 5 yards deep not his natural position.

pittstang5

it won't matter - they're rollin. they'll get it, if not score.

mmmdk
01-05-2013, 07:18 PM

I'd run on that D!

pbmax
Well, that was for wist. Rushed 5 and played zone.

mmmdk
I'd run on that D!

See...don't pass!

pittstang5
be nice, if we block a kick.

red
01-05-2013, 07:19 PM
VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

red
01-05-2013, 07:20 PM
time to introduce mr thick dick to mr uni-nal

Bretsky
01-05-2013, 07:20 PM
I'D GIVE MN THREE POINTS ON EVERY DRIVE

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Who won the toss

Bretsky thinks we did.

red
we have to get a td here

need to force them to pass

Bretsky

your boyfriend takin a whiz ?

pittstang5

Ha. big bear, big bear chase me!

red
01-05-2013, 07:22 PM
yay

ross is the new returner

a smart move, go figure

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Time to watch this game.

mmmdk
01-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Cobb Webb would actually be a cool name!

Guiness
3rd and 1. Five bucks Rodgers takes a shot here

pbmax
Made a man miss in the hole. And then fell down. Ladies and Gentleman, your Packers RBs!

red
Ha. big bear, big bear chase me!

glad someone on here actually caught that. nice

Bretsky
ouch; that drop sux

pittstang5
Fuckin A! Seriously, you drop that. First drive woes CONTINUE!!!!

red
fuck yeah, 3 and out

blow me m3

pbmax
01-05-2013, 07:24 PM
And Bush has trouble with his homefield footing.

pittstang5
01-05-2013, 07:24 PM
glad someone on here actually caught that. nice

Great Movie!

pittstang5
01-05-2013, 07:25 PM
I'D GIVE MN THREE POINTS ON EVERY DRIVE

Sure, but it would be nice if we could score too.

red
01-05-2013, 07:26 PM
i miss big gil

pbmax
Walden loses contain.

mmmdk
Scamper!

pittstang5
Oh lord. No one home!

red
01-05-2013, 07:27 PM
thats it walden, jog after him

pbmax
Burnett with good follow and tackle. They had an alley he could jump to but Brnett got there first.

pittstang5
Wow, nice stop by woodson. Glad he's playing tonight!

Guiness
01-05-2013, 07:28 PM

A lot of this is how I feel - so many things went right for the Vikings last week. It won't take too many bounces going the other way to change a lot of the outcome.

Webb is looking scary early, mostly that we don't know just what to do!

pbmax
01-05-2013, 07:28 PM
In the grasp!!!

Its a 3 and OUT! Hallelujah!

pittstang5
01-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Wrap him up WAlden. God, thank you!

DAMN IT! Almost picked!

red
01-05-2013, 07:29 PM
damnit

pick that shit off