PDA

View Full Version : Bevell to Bears?

digitaldean
01-06-2013, 10:09 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/06/report-bears-seek-permission-to-interview-bevell/

I know that Darrell Bevell is doing a decent job with Wilson for the Seahags, but I can't picture him as HC material.

But here are the Muppets of the Midway going after him.

digitaldean
01-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Also seeing Chip Kelly is heading back to Oregon after getting courted by Browns and Eagles. Can I hear the cash register of Nike's Phil Knight (big OREGON booster and founder of the 50,000 uniform combos they have) opening up for him???

red
01-06-2013, 10:46 PM
now this i would like to see happen

finally a bears coach i can truly hate

hoosier
01-07-2013, 08:07 AM

How bout Bevell as HC and Bert as OC.

ThunderDan
01-07-2013, 08:54 AM

I was mortified when Bevell's name was floated as a replacement at UW. I couldn't be more happy that he is being considered for the Bears!

rbaloha1
01-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Maybe the Bear's offense awakes from hibernation.

swede
01-07-2013, 10:49 AM

That might delay the retiring of number 4 until a time when we can all get to Green Bay for the ceremony in our flying cars.

Pugger
01-07-2013, 10:51 AM
As long as the bares leave Clements alone I don't give a rip who they hire. Rodgers leans on TC more than McAdoo so I want him to stay in GB.

George Cumby
01-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Pardon my ignorance: why the Bevell-Hate? Is it a Vikings-Bert thing or a holdover from UW days?

Patler
01-07-2013, 11:14 AM

With Favre as his OC, Cutler should be good for about 35 interceptions per year.

swede
01-07-2013, 11:48 AM
With Favre as his OC, Cutler should be good for about 35 interceptions per year.

"Air it out! Hail Mary! Intercep...! Dammit!"

http://i48.tinypic.com/2r59oog.jpg

pbmax
01-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Pardon my ignorance: why the Bevell-Hate? Is it a Vikings-Bert thing or a holdover from UW days?

Probably from the Vikings Favre era when Bevell was OC or QB coach in Minny.

mraynrand
01-07-2013, 11:51 AM

I want to see that

pbmax
01-07-2013, 11:52 AM

That gif covers just about all the frustrations a coach has on the sidelines. Can't get someone's attention, can't be heard, can't achieve understanding in such a short amount of time. I'm surprised more coaches just don't drop on the sideline.

"Elway! Elway! His cap num... Dammit!"

mraynrand
01-07-2013, 12:13 PM
That gif covers just about all the frustrations a coach has on the sidelines. Can't get someone's attention, can't be heard, can't achieve understanding in such a short amount of time. I'm surprised more coaches just don't drop on the sideline.

They drop all the time, but usually they just don't even make it to the sidelines.

http://19ee95db04cecc95c727-e2dbfc0947dc564b6eb9bf35b1a21065.r93.cf2.rackcdn.c om/2013/5/816/bruce-arians_420.jpg
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/1368395/127752629.0_standard_352.0.jpg

George Cumby
01-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Probably from the Vikings Favre era when Bevell was OC or QB coach in Minny.

Gotcha'. Thanks.

woodbuck27
01-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Gotcha'. Thanks.

Good call !

Understanding the 'hate' politics is about half the battle here. :smile:

It's taken me 8 years and I've got a ways to go. It's tough being a 'non-hater'.

George Cumby
01-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Good call !

Understanding the 'hate' politics is about half the battle here. :smile:

It's taken me 8 years and I've got a ways to go. It's tough being a 'non-hater'.

Are you talking about "hating" sports figures or folks on this board?

I have not the time nor the energy to hate a sports figure. For me it is entertainment with a dose of personal passion.

As far as the board, I can't hate anyone here as no-one has ever DONE anything to me. (Except ignore me of course, but I'm cool with that. :lol:)

LegandofthePack15
01-07-2013, 04:26 PM

Funny how this gif hit the web about a week prior to the infamous "Fail Mary." Ok. Not funny.

red
01-07-2013, 04:32 PM

bevell was the fuck that bert was talking to every single day when he was "retired" and still under contract to the packers

bevell was probably the one that talked that small dicked fuck into coming back, and he was also the reason why favre demanded to be released so he could run off to minnie land. TT did the smart thing by shipping his ass off to NY, but it was only a matter of time before he ended up in minnesota with his good buddy bevell.

the packers actually filed a complaint with the vikings over tampering

so in short, there was one Major asshole in the favre debacle (favre) and one other pretty big asshole in bevell

that guy can burn in hell, right after packer nation takes a collective piss on his grave

woodbuck27
01-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Are you talking about "hating" sports figures or folks on this board?

I have not the time nor the energy to hate a sports figure. For me it is entertainment with a dose of personal passion.

As far as the board, I can't hate anyone here as no-one has ever DONE anything to me. (Except ignore me of course, but I'm cool with that. :lol:)

I'm referring to the term 'Hate' in general.

I have a tough time ever getting there. I will stand in against anyone. Take 'whatever' straight to that person and 'fight the good fight', but hating that person.

Never. That's not in me.

That aside then it's the choice of many and so be it. Whatever works for them. Whatever makes their world spin.

red
01-07-2013, 04:46 PM
I'm referring to the term 'Hate' in general.

I have a tough time ever getting there. I will stand in against anyone. Take 'whatever' straight to that person and 'fight the good fight', but hating that person.

Never. That's not in me.

i'm irish and german. and not that pussy-ass english butt fucking northern irish

i hate most things first. after time i might grow to not dislike someone or something

denverYooper
01-07-2013, 05:12 PM
bevell was the fuck that bert was talking to every single day when he was "retired" and still under contract to the packers

bevell was probably the one that talked that small dicked fuck into coming back, and he was also the reason why favre demanded to be released so he could run off to minnie land. TT did the smart thing by shipping his ass off to NY, but it was only a matter of time before he ended up in minnesota with his good buddy bevell.

so in short, there was one Major asshole in the favre debacle (favre) and one other pretty big asshole in bevell

that guy can burn in hell, right after packer nation takes a collective piss on his grave

No one could have answered that question better than you just did Red, with all of the appropriate hatred. Well done!

George Cumby
01-07-2013, 05:15 PM

Gotcha'. Thanks.

Although I followed the debacle as closely as I could out here, I was not up on all those details.

So, yes, Bevell to the Bears would add a nice layer of drama to the rivalry.

pbmax
01-07-2013, 06:41 PM
I actually approve this bit of skullduggery, if that is what is happening, on the part of the Bears and Eagles.

Teams Grumbling Over Breadth of Bears, Eagles Coaching Searches (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/07/teams-grumbling-over-breadth-of-bears-eagles-coaching-searches/)

ie., conducting reconnaissance on how other coaches view the team

Pugger
01-07-2013, 06:44 PM

:bclap:

mraynrand
01-07-2013, 07:32 PM
I actually approve this bit of skullduggery, if that is what is happening, on the part of the Bears and Eagles.

Teams Grumbling Over Breadth of Bears, Eagles Coaching Searches (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/07/teams-grumbling-over-breadth-of-bears-eagles-coaching-searches/)

ie., conducting reconnaissance on how other coaches view the team

Did Shitcago really bring in Alouettes coach Marc Trestman? Hee Hee. remember when 'Ole Fritz shut him down in '95?? Thing o beauty. Cleveland is going to interview him too. Imagine getting rid of Holmy and Hiring Trestman. The irony is delicious.