PDA

View Full Version : Uhhh....The Mikes on the Line

Fritz
01-09-2013, 06:08 AM
I've been rooting for this guy, but he's been oft-injured and then suspended for four games, causing many comparisons to Justin Harrell. Neal has seen the comparisons, and does not like them. However, one must admit he's been out a lot with injuries.

For the moment, however, he is in the lineup, and he has been the guy that many envisioned when he arrived - a suitable replacement for Cullen Jenkins, although he does not seem to be quite as much an inside rusher. Like Jared Allen, Neal has the quality of chasing down a play that seems to have gone past him. You can block him, but you can't let up or he'll chase a guy down. He seems to be giving the Packers some push on that line, too.

I think Neal has helped this defense a great deal in at least collapsing the pocket a bit. And with a guy as athletic as Krappernick, Neal's quickness will help as well.

I have not watched Mike Daniels as much, though I know he got some snaps in the Minny game last week. How did he fare? Did anybody pay attention? This guy seems to have the quickness that the staff thought Worthy would have, though apparently Daniels is not the biggest guy. Perhaps he will get some snaps so the team has a quick guy on the field if Krapperdick tries to take off.

Other observations on the Mikes and their role this weekend?

Pugger
01-09-2013, 07:06 AM
Did Neal play in that first game against SF at Lambeau?

gbgary
01-09-2013, 07:08 AM
another game where everyone will have to be very disciplined and not just go off. it'll be contain city. hopefully the coverage will make kopernicus hold the ball long enough for one of the mikes, or anyone else, to make a play.

Fritz
01-09-2013, 07:08 AM
Did Neal play in that first game against SF at Lambeau?

No, he was suspended for the first four games.

gbgary
01-09-2013, 07:09 AM

that's riiiight. maybe him in, and bush out, will make the difference.

Pugger
01-09-2013, 07:21 AM

Oh yes, I forgot about that! :oops:

It would be nice if Mike Daniels could pick up a fumble by Colin and rumble in for another defensive TD this Saturday night!

pbmax
01-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Daniels got dislodged on the one run I noticed him in the replay, but otherwise I did not see much of him.

George Cumby
01-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Bam-Bam is getting it done. It's nice to see as I've always liked what I'd heard.

Daniels I haven't seen much of, but again, he seems to have the intangibles package that TT loves to draft.

Fritz
01-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Bam-Bam is getting it done. It's nice to see as I've always liked what I'd heard.

Daniels I haven't seen much of, but again, he seems to have the intangibles package that TT loves to draft.

Thay's what I tell my girlfriend about my package - it may not be that big, but I've got the intangibles!

denverYooper
01-09-2013, 10:57 AM

Bam Bam needs to make some noise in the playoffs.

Freak Out
01-09-2013, 11:25 AM
Bam Bam? Really? Hopefully he doesn't call himself that.

denverYooper
01-09-2013, 11:27 AM

I think one of the coaches gave him that name early because he was so strong.

Guiness
01-09-2013, 02:05 PM
that's riiiight. maybe him in, and bush out, will make the difference.

Um, no. Bush had another very good day vs Minnesota as the ST gunner.

LegandofthePack15
01-09-2013, 02:31 PM
Other observations on the Mikes and their role this weekend?

Mike McCarthy needs to call plays aggressively and unpredictably.

The Packers have too many good receivers to be playing guys like Ross, Boykins, Taylor and Crabtree from scrimmage. Every time one of these are in the game, everyone knows its gonna be run.

On short yardage situations, play guys like Nelson, Cobb and/or Jennings. If 49ers commit to the run, call an audible and beat them deep via air. Boykins, Ross and even Jones don't scare anyone.

I have a feeling J-Mike is a gonna have a monster game. Rodgers, feed this guy the rock!

ThunderDan
01-09-2013, 02:45 PM
Mike McCarthy needs to call plays aggressively and unpredictably.

The Packers have too many good receivers to be playing guys like Ross, Boykins, Taylor and Crabtree from scrimmage. Every time one of these are in the game, everyone knows its gonna be run.

On short yardage situations, play guys like Nelson, Cobb and/or Jennings. If 49ers commit to the run, call an audible and beat them deep via air. Boykins, Ross and even Jones don't scare anyone.

I have a feeling J-Mike is a gonna have a monster game. Rodgers, feed this guy the rock!

Maybe that is why Crabtree had 3TDs on 8 receiptions and averaged over 25 yards a catch. Throwing to Crabtree would be unpredictable.

denverYooper
01-09-2013, 02:47 PM
M3 is one of the more aggressive playcallers in the league. That was a big part of the problem they had with various cover 2s they saw a lot of since late last year.

LegandofthePack15
01-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Maybe that is why Crabtree had 3TDs on 8 receiptions and averaged over 25 yards a catch. Throwing to Crabtree would be unpredictable.

One of Crabtree's tds came on a fake fg. Another on a busted coverage. Usually, when Crabtree is in the game, the Packers run the ball. Same thing with Taylor, Ross and Boykins. Too fucking predictable.

With the emergence of the next great Packer RB, DuJuan Harris, the Packers should be playing guys like Jennings, Cobb and Nelson on so-called "running" plays. Opposing teams usually play Cover-2 with only 6-7 men in the box with these guys in the game; they usually commit to the pass. More room to run. Plus, Rodgers would have more options in term of audibles.

LegandofthePack15
01-09-2013, 03:20 PM
M3 is one of the more aggressive playcallers in the league. That was a big part of the problem they had with various cover 2s they saw a lot of since late last year.

McCarthy was more conservative than Howard Roark against the Vikings last week. Ross played some from scrimmage in the 1st quarter and it seemed like the Packers ran every time he was in the game...That fucking lame fb dive thefor millionth time...I almost fell asleep in the 2nd half; thanks to McCarthy's conservative play-calling.

Guiness
01-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Thank god LotT is not calling plays.

ThunderDan
01-09-2013, 03:43 PM
I am guessing with the game well in hand after the first drive of the second half, MM went ultra-conservative not to tip the Packers offensive attack for future opponents.

denverYooper
01-09-2013, 03:52 PM
I am guessing with the game well in hand after the first drive of the second half, MM went ultra-conservative not to tip the Packers offensive attack for future opponents.

That's just not aggressive enough. They should have emptied the playbook and beaten the Vikings by 40 because it's all about total points in the offseason, isn't it?

Guiness
01-09-2013, 04:10 PM
That's just not aggressive enough. They should have emptied the playbook and beaten the Vikings by 40 because it's all about total points in the offseason, isn't it?

Thank god LotT is not calling plays.

I think you're lobbying to be his OC! :-)

LegandofthePack15
01-09-2013, 04:21 PM

Wouldn't have hurt to try some gadget plays to see if they work and give the 49ers something new to prepare for. :-D

denverYooper
01-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Wouldn't have hurt to try some gadget plays to see if they work and give the 49ers something new to prepare for. :-D

Fair enough, but the last time they tried one of those with a good lead (Cobb's pass back to Ross) Packer Nation was apoplectic.

gbgary
01-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Um, no. Bush had another very good day vs Minnesota as the ST gunner.

noooo not on special teams...in the secondary. he started against sf in that first game.

George Cumby
01-09-2013, 07:12 PM

Pickett and Jenkins hung that on him his rookie year b/c he was so freakishly strong.

MadtownPacker
01-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Wouldn't have hurt to try some gadget plays to see if they work and give the 49ers something new to prepare for. :-DFuck no! That's a desperation move (or a dumb one if you're up on the scoreboard) a lesser team usually tries. The Pack can beat the miners straight up but they gotta bring their A-game on offense. I believe they will.