PDA

View Full Version : THE OFFICAL PLAYOFF GAME DAY THREAD....GREEN BAY PACKERS vs SAN FRANCISCO NINERS

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

denverYooper
01-12-2013, 10:50 PM
You do realize that the most important thing a father can do for his son is to instill in him the importance of being a fan, right? Your son should be stomping his feet and shouting "Fire Capers!" and "F&^%$ Walden!" at the top of his lungs at six. :-)

:lol:

I was yelling when Shields grabbed that pick 6 and he fell on his butt and started crying.

Seriously though, the kid's built like my wife's side of the family. One of them went on to play for the Astros during the golden days of coke in baseball and ended up keeling over before he even got going. I'm not sure how to handle his sports-psychological development at 11 months, but I'm pretty sure he could be a star :lol:.

LEWCWA
01-12-2013, 10:50 PM
I think I could have contained the edge better than Waldon tonight and I'm just a short, fat, slow, white dude.

Joemailman
01-12-2013, 10:53 PM
I think Walden thought he was playing ILB tonight.

gbgary
01-12-2013, 10:57 PM
i see no chance of that happening

they'll renegotiate his contract and extend him. no biggie.

gbgary
01-12-2013, 11:02 PM
we were gashed up the middle more than outside. like I said earlier...these new running qbs are taking over. ds will have to figure it out.

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-12-2013, 11:10 PM
When it comes down to it Clay was our best hope and he was shut down, or burned all day. Don't even mention Jones or walden, they deserve to be shot.

Clay never had a chance to make an impact, thats how bad everyone else played. They ran every run (RB or QB) right at Walden and Jones. Just bad.

If TT lets Jennings go this team is going to be weak. He needs to keep the offense intact and overhaul the defense.

Does Pickett really make that much of an impact? Horrible run defense
Hawk - Overpaid
Williams - Overpaid and not the same player he was in 2010. Between House, Hayward, and Shields I don't really think you need him.

denverYooper
01-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Clay never had a chance to make an impact, thats how bad everyone else played. They ran every run (RB or QB) right at Walden and Jones. Just bad.

If TT lets Jennings go this team is going to be weak. He needs to keep the offense intact and overhaul the defense.

Hawk - Overpaid
Williams - Overpaid and not the same player he was in 2010. Between House, Hayward, and Shields I don't really think you need him.

Agree on Hawk/Williams being overpaid.
Pickett will be back and should be.

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-12-2013, 11:34 PM
The worst thing about this loss for me is that its another year that a packer team loaded with talent goes nowhere is the playoffs. We as packer fans have been spoiled to make the playoffs almost every year. Eventually this team will need to retool (if not rebuild) even with Rodgers at QB. Ron Wolf made a comment that he regretted not giving Favre more options during his prime and that he thought he would have won more superbowls if he did. The one year the defense is good in 2010 we win the superbowl. Three other years they fail us. I'm afraid that we may be looking back 5 or so years from now saying what could have been.

After the 2010 season I saw a dynasty forming. Then the defense fell apart starting with the Nick Collins injury and the once potential dynasty is turning into a team not sure what direction it will take next season. Very disappointing.

denverYooper
01-12-2013, 11:39 PM
The worst thing about this loss for me is that its another year that a packer team loaded with talent goes nowhere is the playoffs. We as packer fans have been spoiled to make the playoffs almost every year. Eventually this team will need to retool (if not rebuild) even with Rodgers at QB. Ron Wolf made a comment that he regretted not giving Favre more options during his prime and that he thought he would have won more superbowls if he did. The one year the defense is good in 2010 we win the superbowl. Three other years they fail us. I'm afraid that we may be looking back 5 or so years from now saying what could have been.

After the 2010 season I saw a dynasty forming. Then the defense fell apart starting with the Nick Collins injury and the once potential dynasty is turning into a team not sure what direction it will take next season. Very disappointing.

What do they need then? The NFL right now is in a post-dynasty era.

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-12-2013, 11:51 PM
They need to fix the defense without losing the high powered offense. You do that by paying players who deserve to be getting paid. We have to many players making way more than they are worth. Hawk, Woodson, Williams, and Finely's salaries has greatly exceeded their production.

On offense keep Jennings, Nelson, Jones, and Cobb together with Harris at RB. Next season Bulaga, Sitton, and Lang return. Add more talent on the line through the draft and that unit should be good to go. Quarless coming back will make up for Finley, he is overrated and overpaid. Keep Cobb on returns.

On defense you have to get rid of all the overpaid players on give that money to Clay. Another draft heavy on defense and a coordinator change might be what gets the defense over the top.

pbmax
01-12-2013, 11:58 PM
I think Walden thought he was playing ILB tonight.

I think Troy was correct in stating they were playing a scrape, where the OLB pinches in and plays the RB option and the ILB goes wide to force the QB to check up.

Saw Hawk do it last week and once this week. Jones just did not get to the correct position fast enough. And both Walden and Matthews weren't seeing the ball fast enough to help him.

pbmax
01-12-2013, 11:59 PM
They need to fix the defense without losing the high powered offense. You do that by paying players who deserve to be getting paid. We have to many players making way more than they are worth. Hawk, Woodson, Williams, and Finely's salaries has greatly exceeded their production.

On offense keep Jennings, Nelson, Jones, and Cobb together with Harris at RB. Next season Bulaga, Sitton, and Lang return. Add more talent on the line through the draft and that unit should be good to go. Quarless coming back will make up for Finley, he is overrated and overpaid. Keep Cobb on returns.

On defense you have to get rid of all the overpaid players on give that money to Clay. Another draft heavy on defense and a coordinator change might be what gets the defense over the top.

Hawk might be in this category. For that kind of money, production should be higher. Even though this year was his best in years.

Pugger
01-13-2013, 02:17 AM
Walden and jones had horrible games. It might be a blessing in disguise if this is what it takes to show the coaching staff they suck. Yea I know bishop amd lerry got hurt, but it took capers a long time to take out walden.

Unfortunately we don't have a lot of studs at LBer right now. Walden, Jones and Moses belong on ST only.

woodbuck27
01-13-2013, 05:50 AM
THAT IS HOW YOU START A FUCKING GAME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THE GOOD !

woodbuck27
01-13-2013, 05:55 AM
yup, but peyton should be MVP anyways

lol

Well ..... finally I hope we see the end of that yak!

woodbuck27
01-13-2013, 05:57 AM
Jesus fucking Christ! Fucking Offense needs to step up on the next drive. This D is tired already!

THE BAD !!

woodbuck27
01-13-2013, 05:59 AM
well, at least shields has showed up to play

Possibly our most consistent player on 'D'....Sam Shields. He plays with courage.

woodbuck27
01-13-2013, 06:08 AM
BIG 3rd down here

PLAYS LIKE THIS will be how the game is won or lost

How many many many times...was that 'the TRUTH' ?

woodbuck27
01-13-2013, 06:11 AM
Walden lined up in the middle and dropped of the line to spy and let Kaepernick run right past him.

and ....'The UGLY'.

woodbuck27
01-13-2013, 07:49 AM
The bottom line for me:

I feel badly for every Packer fan ... for Packer Nation. There seems so much work to see done.

GO PACK GO !

Pugger
01-13-2013, 11:52 AM

Hawk - Overpaid

Overhaul the defense? We need another stud on the D line (and that guy might be there but hurt right now), a ILB and a safety.

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-13-2013, 12:17 PM
If getting rid of three or four overpaid underperforming guys counts as an overhaul, then yes.

Hawk - 7 mil a year and never makes a game changing play. Yes I know he knows his assignments blah blah blah.
Williams - one really good season in a contract year in 2010 and makes what, 8 mil a year?
Woodson - getting really old, is often injured, and making 10 mil a year. Great player, hall of framer, but everyone sees a decline if they play long enough. That decline has happened with Woodson.

Thats 25 mil/year for three underperforming players. I hate that getting rid of Jennings is even an option. Get rid of these guys and draft their replacements. Williams all ready has his replacements on the roster.

hoosier
01-13-2013, 07:34 PM
:lol:

I was yelling when Shields grabbed that pick 6 and he fell on his butt and started crying.

Seriously though, the kid's built like my wife's side of the family. One of them went on to play for the Astros during the golden days of coke in baseball and ended up keeling over before he even got going. I'm not sure how to handle his sports-psychological development at 11 months, but I'm pretty sure he could be a star :lol:.

The in-law sounds suspiciously like Ken Caminiti, except for the last part. This year I finally gave up on watching Packer games at home with the kids. The younger two don't know what's going on and they invariably lose interest and start making other demands just when things start to get interested. Easier to do something they want to do and watch the game later, if you can avoid any mention of game in the meantime.

mraynrand
01-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Fuck you AIG you dickbags. Took a handout that was suppose to go back to the people, and now want to sue the gov for saving your stupid fucking asses.

keep the politics in FYI please