PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Recipe

The Shadow
01-12-2013, 11:51 AM
This is another Club vs Rapier game.
The Packers need to be smart.

1. Trust Rodgers : Even though Aaron is regarded as one of - if not THE best - quarterbacks in the game, he will need to be transcendent tonight. This game will largely rest on his shoulders. This is a legacy-building game. McCarthy must allow Aaron even more leeway here than ever to be a coach on the field.
2. Utilize Harris: A. Smith has been reading all wek how he has not had a sack since J. Smith left the lineup. He will be overaggresive. Take advantage. Screens & flat passes to Harris on the left side will pay off. I am not confident about running against SF - use the short pass largely as your 'running' game.
3. Go To The Perimeter : The 49ers will be clogging the middle of the secondary lanes. Jennings, Nelson & Jones have probably had enough of reading about how they were 'outmuscled' & 'intimidated' by the SF DBs. In particular, I think Jennings is especially motivated - and he is even a better receiver than he get credit for. I would target him early & often.
4. Test Justin Smith Early : Bang him around as best you can early to see what he's got instead of assuming you can't challenge him because he's in the lineup. If he can't use that arm well, take advantage. See what can be exploited.
5. Don't Fixate On Gore : As with last week's approach to AP, stay disciplined.
6. Spy Colin : Ah, Charles Woodson - another special task. I would assign #21 the job of spy - lurking in the shadow to guard against a QB run - or a Gore breakout.
7. Don't Forget Vernon Davis : Yes, he's been quiet lately - but do not forget about him stretching the seam up the middle.

Finally : The Packers have an offense that can score faster than the 49ers. The Packers have the more experienced quarterback. Play smart.
Packers 34
49ers 24

ThunderDan
01-12-2013, 12:02 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about your supper!

Old School
01-12-2013, 12:05 PM
I think this is telling. They reran the interview with Rodgers on draft day where he was asked how disappointed he was dropping to #24 in the 1st round. His reply, "Not as disappointed as the 49ers will be for not having drafted me." Prophetic? We'll see.

rbaloha1
01-12-2013, 12:13 PM
WIN!

The Shadow
01-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Oh yeah - that, too!

denverYooper
01-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for fuckin' dinner.

The Shadow
01-12-2013, 03:06 PM
Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for fuckin' dinner.

Well, that certainly sounds delicious!

red
01-12-2013, 03:53 PM
WIN!

http://youtu.be/MnmoPhMkPUw?t=12s

Jimx29
01-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Only thing that concerns me is ARod being to focussed on beating them that he beats himself in the process. If he's relaxed and throwing with confidence, then we'll be just fine

pbmax
01-12-2013, 05:21 PM
http://youtu.be/MnmoPhMkPUw?t=12s

You're gonna eat lightning! And crap thunder!

LEWCWA
01-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Don't fall behind like they have been doing......SF is built to protect leads. They are tough to play catchup against.....Davis and Crabtree will disappear on you, don't let either one start feeling it! And for f*** sake don't let f' nut Moss get going! Offense has to be patient again this week, can't expect a bunch of explosive plays. Have to be dis. in your approach. Force the D to come up and stop the short stuff. On the other hand sometimes SF gets cocky and tries smothering everything, I don't think they will against GB with all the weapons, but if they do Jennings and Finely need to come up big! I think Finely and Davis may be the key to both teams success.....target Finely early and often, soften up those 2 middle guys and maybe force one off the field!

CaliforniaCheez
01-12-2013, 06:08 PM
As Vince Lombardi once said, "It isn't rocket science out there. The team that blocks and tackles better wins."

Let's see some great blocking and tackling by the Packers and some poor blocking and tackling by the 49'ers.

Pugger
01-13-2013, 02:32 AM
:cry:

woodbuck27
01-13-2013, 04:36 AM
This is another Club vs Rapier game.
The Packers need to be smart.

1. Trust Rodgers : Even though Aaron is regarded as one of - if not THE best - quarterbacks in the game, he will need to be transcendent tonight. This game will largely rest on his shoulders. This is a legacy-building game. McCarthy must allow Aaron even more leeway here than ever to be a coach on the field.
2. Utilize Harris: A. Smith has been reading all wek how he has not had a sack since J. Smith left the lineup. He will be overaggresive. Take advantage. Screens & flat passes to Harris on the left side will pay off. I am not confident about running against SF - use the short pass largely as your 'running' game.
3. Go To The Perimeter : The 49ers will be clogging the middle of the secondary lanes. Jennings, Nelson & Jones have probably had enough of reading about how they were 'outmuscled' & 'intimidated' by the SF DBs. In particular, I think Jennings is especially motivated - and he is even a better receiver than he get credit for. I would target him early & often.
4. Test Justin Smith Early : Bang him around as best you can early to see what he's got instead of assuming you can't challenge him because he's in the lineup. If he can't use that arm well, take advantage. See what can be exploited.
5. Don't Fixate On Gore : As with last week's approach to AP, stay disciplined.
6. Spy Colin : Ah, Charles Woodson - another special task. I would assign #21 the job of spy - lurking in the shadow to guard against a QB run - or a Gore breakout.
7. Don't Forget Vernon Davis : Yes, he's been quiet lately - but do not forget about him stretching the seam up the middle.

Finally : The Packers have an offense that can score faster than the 49ers. The Packers have the more experienced quarterback. Play smart.
Packers 34
49ers 24

Wow ! It's uncanny just how prophetic this is. Too sad that MM and the Packer coaching staff didn't get the memo. Can we blame it on 'the flu'? It's more complicated than that. This loss sucks bad but is it a great surprize? For me it was ! For some reason our team wasn't there again. Why? That needs to be figured out and fixed.

The last time I felt this bad was the last time the 49ers beat us in the playoffs. This time they earned it. 49ers 45 - Packers 31 ! A powerful message to our teams organization. This time they rubbed it in our face. This time they demonstrated 'attitude'.

You can hate the Vikings, Bears and Lions. For me it's this fucking team. I don't hate the 49ers. I have 'no love ' for this team. The passing statistics show little difference. Their 'playoff' rookie QB looked like he was taking a walk ( errrr ... good run ) in the park. Colin Kaepernick had 'no fear'. Aaron Rodgers looked like his sinus's we're blocked. He looked totally deflated - beaten. Behind those eyes was a man with no answers.

I didn't expect such a poor performance from the Packers. I didn't imagine it would be easy. We have the same problem we saw 4 and 5 seasons ago. The Green Bay Packers cannot stop any team that has good run options.

So this season is now over! Where are we?

Too much negative emotion to properly express it all. For me it starts right here. Donald Driver. Greg Jennings. Charles Woodson. All 'REAL' Packers and maybe?; all gone. It pissed me off to hear Joe Buck tell us that Greg Jenning is gone. I hope it pissed Ted Thompson off as well.

GO !? Go where ? There's so much to repair at the LBer position. We need more strength and athleticism in our secondary. Ryan Pickett looked very old. BJ Raji and Clay Matthews looked confused.

Ted Thompson better get busy on re-negotiating Aaron Rodgers last contract. That's right !!! This man hates to lose. Maybe if it's truly there? This man should get 'that chip' off his shoulder. It's not easy to be truly GREAT in the NFL. He needs to examine that fact inside of himself. Greatness needs support. To verify that ask a former Packer QB.

Funny how 'the TRUTH', always, comes around.

Next season?

GO PACK GO !