PDA

View Full Version : Will Kevin Darwin Greene get fired for the terrible play by his OLB's?

CaliforniaCheez
01-12-2013, 10:42 PM
The loss in the playoffs to the 49'ers had a lot of plays where their QB just blew past Walden and Matthews. Matthews was on the ground a lot. He and Walden never demonstrated much outside containment or concern for the overall scheme.

Greene just could not get them to show any intelligence or ability to get the job done. Greene did not have them adjust and he never pulled them for their poor performance.

Will McCarthy fire him and get a better OLB coach?

red
01-12-2013, 10:44 PM
idk

at practice, he's the most impressive coach on the field. he's the only one that actually does any teaching that i've seen. the rest just stand around and watch.

green yells jumps around and actually shows guys what to do

rbaloha1
01-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Nah.

Need a younger defensive coordinator that knows how to scheme against the influx of spread option and pistol plays.

This is not a fad.

packers11
01-12-2013, 11:27 PM
No... Maybe Capers should go down on the field instead of sitting in the box and yell at players like WALDEN

gbgary
01-12-2013, 11:28 PM
other than one play we got gashed more up the middle than outside. nfl defenses are going to have to evolve to these new offenses.

denverYooper
01-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Nah.

Need a younger defensive coordinator that knows how to scheme against the influx of spread option and pistol plays.

This is not a fad.

I agree that it might be time for a changing of the guard on D.

Not sure about the fad part. At least not until defenses adjust and start beating on the QBs. RGIII might be a case study on the potential dangers of doing it that way. He was the best one of the bunch and got snuffed out.

run pMc
01-14-2013, 11:01 AM
I think with a full offseason DC's will come up with ways to counter some of this read-option stuff...it's like the run-and-shoot, Michael Vick in ATL, the Wildcat, or anything else (e.g., GB's 2010 offense)...it sometimes takes a little time to figure out. I think with enough tape there will be some tendencies and weaknesses shown by RG3, Wilson, Kaepernick, and Andrew Luck that defenses will take advantage of.

I think Greene stays put. I'd be surprised if anyone was fired. I think the playoff loss is on the players more than the coaches.
I didn't see a lot of gap discipline (which also happened against regualr season MIN games) and Tramon Williams doesn't seem to want to tackle anymore...what happened there?

I agree there could have been some adjustments made here or there...but the Rodgers-to-Nelson deep throw that was picked and the Jeremy Ross fumble sure were player mistakes. Everyone knew Kaepernick would be mobile and run the read-option and they couldn't contain him.

rbaloha1
01-14-2013, 11:04 AM
I agree that it might be time for a changing of the guard on D.

Not sure about the fad part. At least not until defenses adjust and start beating on the QBs. RGIII might be a case study on the potential dangers of doing it that way. He was the best one of the bunch and got snuffed out.

RGIII needs to learn how to get down quicker and not have a hurdler's mindset.

Wish Kelly from Oregon made it to the NFL.