PDA

View Full Version : Coach Mike McCarthy and his coaching staff...Press Conference TODAY

woodbuck27
01-15-2013, 12:36 PM
This Press Conference by reports is scheduled for 4 PM CT.

Head coach Mike McCarthy will conduct his final press conference of the 2012 season.

The press conference takes place live at 4 p.m. Central time and will be streamed live on the team’s official website.

http://www.packers.com/media-center/live-webcasts.html

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
01-15-2013, 12:39 PM
It's being reported that Mike McCarthy will speak ** followed by some other members of the coaching staff.

** That remains to be seen.

denverYooper
01-15-2013, 12:56 PM
Anyone think that the first question will be about Capers?

denverYooper
01-15-2013, 12:59 PM
And that the answer will be "I'm not ready to get into that at this time. We're still going through our staff evaluations and so forth. I still need to sit down and discuss this past season with each member of the coaching staff and that's something that Ted and I will be in communication about, I'm sure, evaluating how we want to move forward for next season"

woodbuck27
01-15-2013, 01:01 PM
And that the answer will be "I'm not ready to get into that at this time. We're still going through our staff evaluations and so forth. I still need to sit down and discuss this past season with each member of the coaching staff and that's something that Ted and I will be in communication about, I'm sure, evaluating how we want to move forward for next season"

In other words we will get ZERO !

Riiiggghhht.

KYPack
01-15-2013, 01:11 PM

And a pad level in a pear tree.

God, has anyone recovered from this one yet?

woodbuck27
01-15-2013, 01:25 PM

I'm starting to laugh again. I look at it as something to grow from.

Remember when you were a kid and that fella walked up to yaa and decided to put your ass on the ground?

It's something like that.

mraynrand
01-15-2013, 01:35 PM

600 yards takes a long time to process

woodbuck27
01-15-2013, 03:36 PM
That Press Conference is about 24 minutes away.

There are people in the conference room right now.

Pugger
01-15-2013, 03:53 PM

I have. It was bad but if we can get a stud on the D line that demands double teaming, a speedy ILB and a safety plus our returning injured players our D should be much better in 2013. I doubt TT will use all but 2 picks on D this April.

woodbuck27
01-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Anyone think that the first question will be about Capers?

In fact that was ther first question and nicely put off by MM. He's been well trained by TT. (-:

mraynrand
01-15-2013, 04:18 PM
Stubby: Did he eat at Golden Corral, Olive Garden, or a steakhouse after the loss?

red
01-15-2013, 04:54 PM
so, did this cock stain say anything useful or what?

red
01-15-2013, 04:58 PM
yep he did

seems fat mike thinks its "ridiculous" to think capers is to blame for the 600 yards we gave up this weekend and is "appalled" that the topic of capers being replaced has come up

maybe its time for TT to tell him he needs to find a new d-cord, or he can go too

once again, our wonderful coach with his head so far up his fat ass that he can't see an obvious problem standing right in front of him

denverYooper
01-15-2013, 05:07 PM
TBH, I don't think they'll consider a move until things have cooled off a bit. They'll go through their evaluation process first and consider if there is someone worth promoting to the spot. They'll take into consideration injuries, the development of the secondary, and the overall improvement during the year. Then they'll decide whether or not to renew Capers's contract.

They might also be waiting to see how the rest of the season shakes out. If the Falcons and Pats/Ravens get scorched too, it might make Saturday's performance look a little less embarrassing.

mraynrand
01-15-2013, 05:32 PM
I think they are waiting until after the SB to hire Donatell away from the Niners

denverYooper
01-15-2013, 05:58 PM
I think they are waiting until after the SB to hire Donatell away from the Niners

BOMNF

rbaloha1
01-15-2013, 06:47 PM

Good hire. A better hire is Mike Singletary -- let the Bears hate commence!

mmmdk
01-16-2013, 08:28 AM
Nice 'caper', Stubby! Was This press conference a prank? It sure was half-baked, as Stubby was insulted by the questions about Capers & the defense? Good grief, what did Stubby expect when a single player DESTROYS your defense? Ok, Stubby, so don't fire your D coordinator but how many more blanks, Mr. Stubby, before its' your job that's in jeopardy? Spoiled? No! The Aaron Rodgers window is small and our next QB might be Cade McNown. The NFL is a QB league in case anyone forgot so.

woodbuck27
01-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Nice 'caper', Stubby! Was This press conference a prank? It sure was half-baked, as Stubby was insulted by the questions about Capers & the defense? Good grief, what did Stubby expect when a single player DESTROYS your defense? Ok, Stubby, so don't fire your D coordinator but how many more blanks, Mr. Stubby, before its' your job that's in jeopardy? Spoiled? No! The Aaron Rodgers window is small and our next QB might be Cade McNown. The NFL is a QB league in case anyone forgot so.

I had to make supper just as the conference began so I was distracted. I thought he simply passed over the question RE: Dom Capers and missed the 'he was insulted that such an issue could be raised' ... part.

Certainly that's a fair question RE: Packer 'D', the way the 49ers scorched that defense. Maybe it can be all passed away with the phrase 'Colin Kaepernick and NFL history'.

Ted Thompson and MM wil be paying plenty of interest to Colin Kaepernick for the rest of his season.

This will be a criticle off season for the Ted Thompson - Mike McCarthy - Aaron Rodgers Era. That will have lasted a decade by 2015-16. In fairness I believe this off season should be treated as year one in a three year plan. The focus of that plan:

To get us to another Super Bowl within three seasons.

It's not good enough to surround a solid QB like Aaron Rodgers with just enough talent to win the NFC North. It's got to be all about a legitimate chance to win a Super Bowl and nothing else.

Ted Thompson has to, where necessary, revise his blueprint.

I believe he will.

GO PACK GO !

pbmax
01-16-2013, 09:33 AM

BOMNF

He and Jauron were both very good DB coaches. Could replace Whitt and Perry if they are sacrificed.

Joemailman
01-16-2013, 09:39 AM
It's not good enough to surround a solid QB like Aaron Rodgers with just enough talent to win the NFC North. It's got to be all about a legitimate chance to win a Super Bowl and nothing else.

Ted Thompson has to, where necessary, revise his blueprint.

I believe he will.

GO PACK GO !

Why does he have to revise his blueprint? His blueprint was good to enough to win a Super Bowl. What makes you think the blueprint isn't good enough to win another one?

mraynrand
01-16-2013, 10:17 AM
He and Jauron were both very good DB coaches. Could replace Whitt and Perry if they are sacrificed.

Although the first part is unquestionably true, I have to assume you're joking with the second. It would be unfair to Jauron to have to take a step down to DB coach, given that he really did a nice job coordinating a bunch of kids in Cleveland; Donatell, make a lateral move back to GB where he was humiliated? :smile:

Pugger
01-16-2013, 10:26 AM
Edit: Some of you guys in this thread make me laugh. You seem to have no regard for MM and wouldn't mind if he and his staff were out the door. Be careful what you wish for...

mraynrand
01-16-2013, 10:30 AM
You guys in this thread make me laugh. You seem to have no regard for MM and wouldn't mind if he and his staff were out the door. Be careful what you wish for...

don't include me. I believe in the Stubby offense!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-j7IJgZLSBOc/ULer4sF_QjI/AAAAAAAADpI/XzaSz0AEdLQ/s640/Anchorman+-+60%2525.png

pbmax
01-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Although the first part is unquestionably true, I have to assume you're joking with the second. It would be unfair to Jauron to have to take a step down to DB coach, given that he really did a nice job coordinating a bunch of kids in Cleveland; Donatell, make a lateral move back to GB where he was humiliated? :smile:

Yes. Just jokes.

woodbuck27
01-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Edit: Some of you guys in this thread make me laugh. You seem to have no regard for MM and wouldn't mind if he and his staff were out the door. Be careful what you wish for...

How are you imaging that? I thought that MM looked rather dashing at that press conference. Has he been eating? :???:

I'm all for giving our DC another chance.I'm hardly against MM overall as our HC. I don't agree with all MM does and as a fan critique him.

woodbuck27
01-16-2013, 11:34 AM
Why does he have to revise his blueprint? His blueprint was good to enough to win a Super Bowl. What makes you think the blueprint isn't good enough to win another one?

Your one of the most active posters here Packer fan. What are you seeing?

It's the NFL and the game is constantly changing; moreso, the NFL's best teams grow stronger each season.

It's TT's job to keep up with it all and make a better 'chess like move' to keep up.

It's not 'Rocket Science'.

Pugger
01-17-2013, 05:56 PM
yep he did

seems fat mike thinks its "ridiculous" to think capers is to blame for the 600 yards we gave up this weekend and is "appalled" that the topic of capers being replaced has come up

maybe its time for TT to tell him he needs to find a new d-cord, or he can go too

once again, our wonderful coach with his head so far up his fat ass that he can't see an obvious problem standing right in front of him

Come on, Red, tell us how you really feel.

woodbuck27
01-17-2013, 06:10 PM

Maybe to try and draw an analogy of what TT has to do using the word 'blueprint'. Isn't proper, specifically in terms of that word, and the condition of the PACKERS we saw at the end of this season?

Maybe TT has had and been using the correct blueprint? Built that strong domicile and somehow it's just grown weaker or otherwise not up to code!?

PACKERS !

LEWCWA
01-17-2013, 11:57 PM
Really what needs to change? They played with a fourth string RB, #1 wr was out most of the year, MLB was out all year and had to play 3rd string guy, #2 wr missed time, LT of the future missed all year, Play making slot cb missed most of the year, DE (Neal missed a bunch of time), Clay maker missed games and wasn't 100%, shields missed time, RT missed a bunch of time, 1st round pick that was getting better lost for the season, and still one of the 5-6 best teams in the league....take those guys off 49ers and you think they are playing this weekend?

Pugger
01-19-2013, 06:11 PM
Really what needs to change? They played with a fourth string RB, #1 wr was out most of the year, MLB was out all year and had to play 3rd string guy, #2 wr missed time, LT of the future missed all year, Play making slot cb missed most of the year, DE (Neal missed a bunch of time), Clay maker missed games and wasn't 100%, shields missed time, RT missed a bunch of time, 1st round pick that was getting better lost for the season, and still one of the 5-6 best teams in the league....take those guys off 49ers and you think they are playing this weekend?

+1

RashanGary
01-19-2013, 06:25 PM
Ted needs stars on defense; whether they develop, or are brought in.

2010 Woodson was a superstar and Collins was darn near all-pro.

This year Woodson was out most of the season and was nothing close to a superstar when he was in. Collins was gone. No superstars to replace them.

Hayward has a shot at being a probowl player and a difference maker. There are guys, up front, you never know. . . . . .

At the end of the day though, this defense needs a big fucking talent infusion, and not the pretty good kind. It needs at least one star, but probably two if they want to win the SB.

I don't know if Ted needs to change his approach, but at the very minimum, he needs to be a superstar in the approach he does take.