PDA

View Full Version : greg jennings, no respect

red
08-22-2006, 09:35 AM
yesterday i was at the store, and i picked up one of those nfl fantasy football magazines, not because i need any help with my upcoming draft, because i know everything on my own :wink:, but rather just to look at the pictures.

anyways i happened to glance at the WR rankings, and they also had a seperate ranking for the rookie WR's. well they had about 8 guys ranked and mr. jennings was not one of them

WTF? wasn't he the 3rd or 4th WR taken? didn't he go to a team thats very desperate for wr's, hasn't he absolutely been the star of our camp?

i mean they had late round guys like jason avant on there, but not jennings.

its a joke, once again someone throws away a player right away because he didn't go to one of the big time schools, or because he plays for green bay. i did notice that they didn't like the packers too much. favre was ranked in the 20's i think, green was maybe in the 30's and driver was rated like the 33rd best WR. come on, are we that bad, driver was in the top 5 last year

and no, i don't know the name of the magazine

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-22-2006, 09:39 AM
F everyone who thinks we suck. Jennings and the rest of the packers will show this year, not next year, that we are a very good team. And all these "experts" will look like a-holes.

MuttnJeff
08-22-2006, 09:45 AM
Anybody who is behind Robert Fergusson on the depth chart doesn't deserve any respect. :D

woodbuck27
08-22-2006, 10:07 AM
F everyone who thinks we suck. Jennings and the rest of the packers will show this year, not next year, that we are a very good team. And all these "experts" will look like a-holes.

Way to fight for your insight into your team.

It'll take more time I believe to get a real picture of who are as a team in regard to competitiveness but I'mm seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. WE don't expect a blinding flash.

Certainly we have to be pleased for Greg Jennings and the fact that TT picked this WR. he may make a cover of a few magazines next season as he could very well challenge Reggie bush as offensive Rookie of the Year if he gets to start alongside Donald Driver.

Will he get that chance? I'm seeing that as a strong possibility.

Two more preseason games to answer many questions - before "da Bears'.

GO PACKERS ! PACKER FAN FAITH !!

BF4MVP
08-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Lemme guess:

The Great Chad Jackson is first in the rookie receiver rankings.. :roll:

Homer Jay
08-22-2006, 11:23 AM
Most of those FF magazines are published long before training camps begin. The info is old and useless. When they were rating the WRs nobody had heard of Jennings.

SD GB fan
08-22-2006, 12:53 PM
by the end of this season everybody gonna know who jennings is :D

VegasPackFan
08-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Ditto what Homer Guy said.

When I used to play Fantasy Football (before the internet age), these mags were all but useless. They usually rank players solely on last year's production and were missing recent signings, FA moves, etc that have huge effects on the forecasts.

This is why I was able to pick up Terrel Davis with my LAST pick his rookie year, in a keeper league. Set me up for three staight years of TITLE!!

b bulldog
08-22-2006, 09:31 PM
jennings will be the best O rookie not named Bush.

Bretsky
08-22-2006, 09:44 PM
jennings will be the best O rookie not named Bush.

might have to put Maroney in with them too; he's looked very good

b bulldog
08-22-2006, 09:48 PM
I think Maroney will be sharing reps quite a bit cause Dillon really wants it this season.