PDA

View Full Version : THE draft thread (2013 version)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

red
01-16-2013, 08:48 PM
well we got that regular and post season bullshit out of the way

time for the fun time of the year

does anyone have anything on Alec Ogletree?

dudes a fast 6'3 230-235 pound turnover machine at ILB. he started out in college playing safety, kind of like what that urlacher guy did. imo he would be a nice flash to bishops thunder

he's a junior, but kiper has him as maybe the best junior ILB in the nation

Joemailman
01-16-2013, 09:02 PM
I'd be surprised if TT uses a 1st on an ILB. I'm thinking Safety or DL to eventually replace Pickett.

red
01-16-2013, 09:08 PM
i think i'd almost hate to waste another high pick on d-line. we have raji, neal and worthy that we've taken the last 4 years in the first two rounds. but i do see a need there. i'd rather see this addressed later in the draft

safety would be great if we could find that ed reed/nick collins type player. i just don't know enough about the safety class to know if anything good is out there

LegandofthePack15
01-16-2013, 09:21 PM
I see, some posters are still getting hard-ons for AJ Hawk - Nutz is one example. Hawk was, is and will always be average. In fact, Hawk's even more average now that he has cut his hippie hair. Time to get rid of Hawk and draft a new heir.

I like Te'o even more now that he has came out of the closet. I am sure Thompson does too.

Round 1: Te'o.

If he doesn't fall or Thompson has a change of heart at the last minute and refuses to trade up for Te'o, draft Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama (Nick Barnett clone).

Iron Mike
01-17-2013, 06:57 AM
does anyone have anything on Alec Ogletree?

http://www.deliberationroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Ogie-Oglethorpe-Slapshot.jpg

Deputy Nutz
01-17-2013, 07:10 AM
i think i'd almost hate to waste another high pick on d-line. we have raji, neal and worthy that we've taken the last 4 years in the first two rounds. but i do see a need there. i'd rather see this addressed later in the draft

safety would be great if we could find that ed reed/nick collins type player. i just don't know enough about the safety class to know if anything good is out there

There are several really large fat guys to eat space in this years draft.

4. Sharrif Floyd Florida
6-3
5. Kawann Short Purdue
6-3
6. Sylvester Williams North Carolina
6-3
7. Jesse Williams Alabama
6-4
8. John Jenkins Georgia
6-3

These would be some of the possibilities before the combine

Deputy Nutz
01-17-2013, 07:17 AM
The Packers don't have one glaring need in this years draft. They could use some more depth and one or two players that could start either on offense or on defense. The Packers would be looking to replace guys not fill holes. If the front office wants to replace Hawk with a draft pick then there is going to be few options because right now inside lb has very few prospects. Currently there are two players with first round grades and one of them is bat shit crazy and not in a good way.

So it might better the team to replace or draft an ILB but there is no reason to reach this year, at any position

run pMc
01-17-2013, 08:28 AM
The Packers don't have one glaring need in this years draft.
Besides WRs to replace Driver and Jennings, and someone on defense who can tackle a runner, you're right.

Deputy Nutz
01-17-2013, 09:40 AM
So a glaring need is a combination of 44 receptions for 443 yards and 6 touchdowns? Granted Jennings was hurt, but you replace him with others on your roster, and look to add a player that can contribute as a 4th, because you are not going to be able to draft a player that is going to be better than Nelson, Jones, or Cobb.

Ballboy
01-17-2013, 09:57 AM
For my two cents, I would cut/trade(to much $$, so wont happen) Finley, use some of that money to resign Jennings. Then draft either Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame or Zach Ertz TE Stanford. If the draft falls right, we maybe even able to trade back to high 2nd round and get another pick later in the draft.

LB's in this draft are said to be a weaker class outside of that one OLB whose name I cant think of right now. I am done with Hawk as well. But maybe the trio of Bishop-Smith-Manning can work out to two "better" starting ILB....heck through Jones in there to as a backup.

I dont see McMillian working out to be much more than Bigby. He can give you that one big hit, but is just horrible in coverage.....and when your other S isnt much better in coverage, it makes it look just that worse.

run pMc
01-17-2013, 10:26 AM
So a glaring need is a combination of 44 receptions for 443 yards and 6 touchdowns?
ok...'glaring need' is probably overstating it, but with DD and GJ gone, I don't trust Cobb and Nelson to stay healthy for 16+ games, and I don't trust James Jones to repeat this past season. If Finley is cut/traded on top of that, they're a lot lower in the playmaking receivers department, and the running game isn't exactly dominating enough to compensate.

Granted, rookie WRs rarely make a splash, but I'd expect there to be a talent/skill dropoff from an upper round pick to UDFA's that have rounded out the bottom of the roster. I still remember in 2005 how Javon Walker and Terrence Murphy were hurt...Favre ended up throwing to Driver and guys like Ferguson and Taco Wallace. (shudder)

pbmax
01-17-2013, 10:30 AM
McCarthy spoke pretty glowingly about Finley's post-bye week resurgence at his PC this week. I don't think it will be M3 who pushes Finley out of the door.

He will more likely be this year's KGB. The guy, who in almost any other circumstance, would be released. Actually, maybe we can call him Jermichael Crosby.

denverYooper
01-17-2013, 10:50 AM
ok...'glaring need' is probably overstating it, but with DD and GJ gone, I don't trust Cobb and Nelson to stay healthy for 16+ games, and I don't trust James Jones to repeat this past season. If Finley is cut/traded on top of that, they're a lot lower in the playmaking receivers department, and the running game isn't exactly dominating enough to compensate.

Granted, rookie WRs rarely make a splash, but I'd expect there to be a talent/skill dropoff from an upper round pick to UDFA's that have rounded out the bottom of the roster. I still remember in 2005 how Javon Walker and Terrence Murphy were hurt...Favre ended up throwing to Driver and guys like Ferguson and Taco Wallace. (shudder)

Nelson hasn't had injury problems prior to his hamstring this year, I don't think. Also, Cobb's injury was on a kickoff, so it's not hard to imagine that reducing his load there would reduce his injury risk.

(now waiting for MAR to come along and declare them injury prone...)

Deputy Nutz
01-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Boykins was kept as the 6th wide receiver this year and moved ahead of Driver on the depth chart. So now the Packers are four deep at wide out. You don't spend high for a guy that is going to be 5th on the depth chart. If Thompson falls in love with a wr sure I can see him going high, but that is fine, this draft should be about value, not about need.

pbmax
01-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Plus, if we wait a few days, Gurley will be released for the 8th time in the last four months and be available for the practice squad.

KYPack
01-17-2013, 10:59 AM
Boykins was kept as the 6th wide receiver this year and moved ahead of Driver on the depth chart. So now the Packers are four deep at wide out. You don't spend high for a guy that is going to be 5th on the depth chart. If Thompson falls in love with a wr sure I can see him going high, but that is fine, this draft should be about value, not about need.

Nutz for leader.

We've got to go back to TT's board.

Take the best and finest football player as evaluated by our scouts, with each selection.

We could well use and RB, for instance. But if there isn't a good enough RB when it's your pick, get the best man available with that pick.

We did need last draft, it's time to get good players every chance you get.

mraynrand
01-17-2013, 11:06 AM
Nutz for leader.

We've got to go back to TT's board.

Take the best and finest football player as evaluated by our scouts, with each selection.

We could well use and RB, for instance. But if there isn't a good enough RB when it's your pick, get the best man available with that pick.

We did need last draft, it's time to get good players every chance you get.

Even if they draft 5 straight TEs, who could argue with this logic?

denverYooper
01-17-2013, 11:09 AM
McCarthy spoke pretty glowingly about Finley's post-bye week resurgence at his PC this week. I don't think it will be M3 who pushes Finley out of the door.

He will more likely be this year's KGB. The guy, who in almost any other circumstance, would be released. Actually, maybe we can call him Jermichael Crosby.

There are several players in front of Finley in the axeman's queue. Saturday and Driver are probably done. Woodson may be unless he takes a reasonable pay cut. Jennings will probably go elsewhere to get paid. Grant's probably gone.

It sounds like Finley has done enough to warrant one more year.

The new question for me is Tramon. His position coach was awfully equivocal about his status. He's not guaranteed a starting role next year, according to his coach. If he shows up for camp and gets beat, do they pay him to be a 3rd corner? Do they hope a benching motivates him, a la Shields?

mraynrand
01-17-2013, 11:22 AM
The new question for me is Tramon. His position coach was awfully equivocal about his status. He's not guaranteed a starting role next year, according to his coach. If he shows up for camp and gets beat, do they pay him to be a 3rd corner? Do they hope a benching motivates him, a la Shields?

I hope it motivates him, and that House beats him for the starting spot, just because House is that good. I'd love to see a dime package with Shields House Tramon and Hayward.

Deputy Nutz
01-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Now you are just getting carried away

pbmax
01-17-2013, 02:58 PM
The double TE formation would make it a lot easier to deal with two safeties. If they stay in base and back. Run.

If they come up, throw. But they need to get Quarless or someone else healthy enough and reliable enough to catch passes.

Smeefers
01-18-2013, 01:12 PM

If you take any draft idea to the extreme, it's going to sound moronic.

mraynrand
01-18-2013, 02:07 PM
If you take any draft idea to the extreme, it's going to sound moronic.

indeed

red
01-18-2013, 05:40 PM
alright, i'll add more

junior ILB from LSU Kevin Minter

here's what yahoo says about him and the packers

2.) Kevin Minter ILB LSU (Position Rank: 2, Overall Rank: 26)

For a team in the Packers lacking an identity defensively, Kevin Minter would bring one. Pair him with Desmond Bishop and you have one of the toughest, strongest, and most rugged pair of inside linebackers in football. Minter brings the party to offensive players as an attacking middle linebacker who always plays downhill. He's not as athletic as Alec Ogletree or Manti Te'o, but he's a physical presence, an adept blitzer, and a magnet to the football. Minter is stronger, certainly, than both Ogletree or Te'o and is much better in run support filling the hole rather than catching running backs as they come through as Te'o often does.

Once he reads a play, he explodes to the football and is able to stay clean through the hole. Physically, he's stout at the point of attack and has a great spin move to disengage blockers. And if you want a player who will come through in big games, Minter is your guy. Against Florida, he had 20 tackles including 17 solo stops and 2 sacks. Two weeks later in a win over Texas A&M, Minter had 12 tackles, a sack and an interception. And in the Chick-fil-A Bowl, he had 19 tackles and a sack.

With Green Bay looking ready to cut ties with A.J. Hawk and needing some nasty in the middle to stop guys like Matt Forte and Adrian Peterson, Minter would be a perfect fit. There will be some questions about his coverage, as he rarely dropped deep for LSU, and those questions are valid. The Packers got good production out of Brad Jones in passing situations and Minter is certainly an immediate improvement in the run game over any interior linebacker on the active roster by season's end.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/green-bay-packers-offseason-outlook-5-players-watch-194500927--nfl.html

here's a video of his game against florida this year. all his plays, not just the highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybIpxUVefo

Guiness
01-18-2013, 06:27 PM
alright, i'll add more

junior ILB from LSU Kevin Minter

here's what yahoo says about him and the packers

here's a video of his game against florida this year. all his plays, not just the highlights

Thanks for the find Red. I've seen his name mentioned to the Packers as well.

The guy reminds me of Barnett. Good sideline to sideline speed. I also saw some stuff I didn't like in that video...failing to wrap when tackling, getting sucked inside. His two sacks weren't impressive - both times left unblocked, and untouched all the way to the QB.

Not impressed.

swede
01-18-2013, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the find Red. I've seen his name mentioned to the Packers as well.

The guy reminds me of Barnett. Good sideline to sideline speed. I also saw some stuff I didn't like in that video...failing to wrap when tackling, getting sucked inside. His two sacks weren't impressive - both times left unblocked, and untouched all the way to the QB.

Not impressed.

I rather had the same impressions, Guiness.

red
01-18-2013, 09:20 PM
i'm with you guys. saw some things there i liked and a lot i didn't

packrulz
01-19-2013, 05:19 AM
I'm hoping the Pack can scrape up the bucks for Woodson, but the defense is the weakest link, and I don't blame Capers, I think it's a lack of playmakers besides Clay, Raji, and Woodson. I'm still not very confident in our CB's, Tramon Williams didn't have a good year, and the rest improved but got burned a few times. I want a LB that can cover a TE.

Smeefers
01-20-2013, 12:23 PM
If our CB's only get burned a few times, I think they're fine. It's when they're getting slashed and gashed every week, like the 2011 season where we have problems. The last place I want us to go in the draft is CB. I wouldn't mind a new safety though, even though Mcmuffin and Jennings did a fine stand in job, There was still a lot to be desired there. Perhaps they just need to grow, they're both young guys. Can't expect superstars right out of college. If I remember, Collins sucked his first couple years too.

As for LB, I think there's only one safe guy on our team, but unfortunately, the clay maker gets hurt for a handfull of games every year, so we definitely have to get deeper there. I'd be willing to give the guys we have here time, this was our most decimated part of the team in the injury department. Still, even though I think he's serviceable, Hawk is aging and we need to think about getting a replacement for him. I just hope Bishop comes back and plays like he used to.

On the DL, we've been adding talent to that spot for years now, spending tons of high draft picks there. Still, it seems a weak point for us. We loose at the point of attack time and time again. Maybe pickett is getting too old. I see a lot of good from him, but maybe I'm looking past the bad because of it. Wilson may be good against the run, but you can't have one trick ponies out there as starters. Bah. You could always use a new guy on the DL. Every year.

The OL is supposedly good, but I don't buy it. I've said it before, I wouldn't mind if they spent a first round pick here every single year. Every one of those guys should be fighting for their job. I think Newhouse is a band aid. I think EDS is a sieve in the middle of the line. Bulaga is okay, only time will tell if he turns out to be better than average. Everyone thinks Sitton is great, but I'm not sold on that. I suppose one guy can't fix the whole line though. Lang is as good as he's going to get, and that level is "ehh, he's okay." 47 sacks. 1700 rushing yards (250 of that by Rodgers). That's what I see when I see our OL. Not good enough.

WR? We're fine. We might pick someone up, but it's nowhere near a need, even with GJ and DD on their way out. Their heirs are apparent.

If we got a TE, I'd be fine with it. I'm tired of waiting on Jermicheal. The dude could end up being really good. He's only 25 years old. He's got a LOT of years left in him. The thing is, I don't see our offense utilizing a tight end like we did back when Favre was running the show. For Favre, the TE was a safety valve. They were always heavily used in the offense. I don't know the X's and O's, but it seems to me that they don't use the TE as much with Rodgers. His valve is usually a RB or some short curl route. I don't know, maybe I'm blowing smoke here, but I just don't think the position warrants that much attention when we have 73 tight ends on our team. I'm not scared if we drop Finely and I don't think he's someone who needs a replacement. He's a luxury.

At running back, well, I'd like to see us grab someone, but everywhere I go, people are saying that there's no one worth a damn out there. I'd go bruiser back if I had a say in the draft process. I wouldn't care if he could block or catch, I'd just like to get a guy who can smash through a hole the size of a quarter and maybe run through a tackle or two every once in a while. Everyone we have on the roster is filler as far as I'm concerned. What I wouldn't give for a back who could actually stay healthy.

As for QB, we need an immediate replacement.... :razz: Okay okay, but I wouldn't drafting a guy late and seeing what McCarthy thinks of him. Always gotta plan for the worst.

So, If it's me drafting, I'm looking for OL, DL and RB as my team needs - guys that I'd seriously consider moving up to grab, but virtually every other position is open if a BPA drops into my lap.

Pugger
01-20-2013, 12:45 PM
For my two cents, I would cut/trade(to much $$, so wont happen) Finley, use some of that money to resign Jennings. Then draft either Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame or Zach Ertz TE Stanford. If the draft falls right, we maybe even able to trade back to high 2nd round and get another pick later in the draft.

LB's in this draft are said to be a weaker class outside of that one OLB whose name I cant think of right now. I am done with Hawk as well. But maybe the trio of Bishop-Smith-Manning can work out to two "better" starting ILB....heck through Jones in there to as a backup.

I dont see McMillian working out to be much more than Bigby. He can give you that one big hit, but is just horrible in coverage.....and when your other S isnt much better in coverage, it makes it look just that worse.

We have more pressing needs than TE. I do agree we could use more speed at LBer and another safety. It would be great to get a D lineman that demands double teaming too.

Pugger
01-20-2013, 12:51 PM
One thing I did like about Minter was he didn't seem to run himself out of plays like Walden is prone to do.

Deputy Nutz
01-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Again I think the Packers could use a play maker at almost every position on their roster. It is hard to debate which position is the weakest, because I could argue a better safety improves the pass rush, and helps the linebackers in run support. what I find interesting is that Hawk has his best season in 3 years and now he is replaceable. I agree that the Packers can find someone cheaper to do Hawks job, but consistency does bring value. I think this team gets the most out of drafting a bigger run stuffing defensive linemen than I do with reaching in the first round and taking an inside linebacker that will have just as many problem beating blockers because the defensive line isn't doing their job.

rbaloha1
01-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Releasing:

Hawk, Woodson, Finley and Jennings frees up $30 million plus in cap room. It is time to do it.

TT needs to find new free agents like Pickett and Woodson. Unsure about the draft at this point but a player I like at tight end to replace Finley is Stanford's Toilolo -- 6'8", good blocker and can get vertical. Unsure of grade but this dude is worth drafting.

RashanGary
01-20-2013, 01:27 PM
I've barely looked at this draft, but of the few guys I've watched, Ogletree has been a superstar playmaking player with superstar playmaking athleticism and superstar playmaking tackling. I think he will be a difference maker in the NFL.

We need a sideline to sideline demon who can breakdown in space and tackle the best of the best. Ogletree is that guy.

I'd love it if we drafted him, but I am iwth Nutz, a star is a star is a star. If TT has a star player to draft, I'll be more than happy. I'm hoping for a defensive player (s or ILB if possible.) I just think we need a star tackler on our team and more speed.

rbaloha1
01-20-2013, 01:38 PM
I've barely looked at this draft, but of the few guys I've watched, Ogletree has been a superstar playmaking player with superstar playmaking athleticism and superstar playmaking tackling. I think he will be a difference maker in the NFL.

We need a sideline to sideline demon who can breakdown in space and tackle the best of the best. Ogletree is that guy.

I'd love it if we drafted him, but I am iwth Nutz, a star is a star is a star. If TT has a star player to draft, I'll be more than happy. I'm hoping for a defensive player (s or ILB if possible.) I just think we need a star tackler on our team and more speed.

Also need size. The team to beat is the niners not the lions.

RashanGary
01-20-2013, 01:38 PM
We need tackling. If it's front 7, another Clay Matthews would do just fine. Ogletree is a killer though. I think he's one of the few who can tackle AP, Kaepernick and Gore all alone. The problem is, the fast guys erase angles against our slow inside players and break tackles. Nobody erases angles against Ogletree and nobody breaks tackles against him either. Speed and impact tackling. One superstar inside, and I think our defense changes.

packrulz
01-22-2013, 08:03 AM
TT is at the Senior Bowl so he can get an up close look at the seniors: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/critical-time-of-year-rs8f9bl-187831891.html
I could see drafting Te'o or Ogletree. I like the Safeties: FS-Eric Reid, 6-2, 212, LSU, Kenny Vaccaro, 6-1, 218, Texas, & Matt Elam, S, Florida. TT also needs to remember Pickett's getting old, drafting a DT would be wise: Bennie Logan, DT, LSU, Johnathan Jenkins, NT, Georgia, & Kawann Short, DT, Purdue.

call_me_ishmael
01-22-2013, 08:17 AM
I would like to see the focus entirely on the front 7 and OL. I would personally like to see some bigger ILBs, even if they have to sacrifice some coverage and speed to get there.

I would not mind 2 new ILBs, 1 S, 1 OLB, 2 DL, 2 OL and a QB. I would prefer that all front 7 guys come from the SEC as I just think they have more experience playing against better competition. Jesse Williams from Alabama would be a solid, solid pick-up.

Even though most people are saying this is a bad draft, my guess is it ends up being a pretty darn good one with all of the underclassmen coming out.

I would also like to see Ted do what he did last year and move up a few times to try and hit another home run. If they land another rookie in the front 7 that is as talented and seasoned as the rookie corner, that would be great!

Pugger
01-22-2013, 09:35 AM
Wouldn't we take a big salary cap hit if we cut Hawk? And who would want him and that contract in a trade? For these reasons I don't believe Hawk is going anywhere any time soon.

Smeefers
01-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Wouldn't we take a big salary cap hit if we cut Hawk? And who would want him and that contract in a trade? For these reasons I don't believe Hawk is going anywhere any time soon.

Even though I think we are going to be keeping Hawk, you never loose money when you cut a player. You may loose some this year, but you loose none for 2014 & 2015. And after we drop him, I'm sure he'd get a comparable deal somewhere else. He's not grossly overpaid. He's paid like an above average veteran player with lots of gas left in the tank.

red
01-22-2013, 10:43 AM
TT is at the Senior Bowl so he can get an up close look at the seniors: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/critical-time-of-year-rs8f9bl-187831891.html
I could see drafting Te'o or Ogletree. I like the Safeties: FS-Eric Reid, 6-2, 212, LSU, Kenny Vaccaro, 6-1, 218, Texas, & Matt Elam, S, Florida. TT also needs to remember Pickett's getting old, drafting a DT would be wise: Bennie Logan, DT, LSU, Johnathan Jenkins, NT, Georgia, & Kawann Short, DT, Purdue.

i've watched a couple games of matt elam, and i would have to say no to him

first off, he's short. listed at 5'10 so he might be even shorter then that.

he is physical, but he just kind of throws his whole body at the ball carrier trying to knock him out on every play. i didn't see any tackling technique, he either knocked the guy down, or the fella just bounced off him and kept going. plus he leads with his head on almost every single play. guys gonna get flagged a lot and probably knock himself out of a few games

he does flash some things that make you drool, but very up and down. that plus his shortness make him a pass for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8AYhBZOLJk

red
01-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Kenny Vaccaro seems to run himself right out of about 75% of plays. my overall impression of him is, no

eric reid is a big physical guy. big hits, nice wrap up, he does seems to be a step slow though reacting to things. but of the 3 he looks the best to me. however this isn't the guy thats gonna be running down broken plays from the other sideline like nick collins could do. so if you need that, this isn't your guy

really, the top safety and ILB prospects don't impress me enough to use a first round pick on any of them. i think at this pint i would rather go the less sexy route and go with one of the center /guard guys, or another OT with that pick

Deputy Nutz
01-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Jonathan Cypien from Florida International is getting some love at the Senior Bowl.

Apparently he is an aggressive safety, goes all out and like to hit people. 3 year starter at FIU total of 45 career starts. 6 feet 209 pounds. Right now he is a mid-round pick, but he is just the type of under the radar type that Thompson loves.

packrulz
01-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Kenny Vaccaro seems to run himself right out of about 75% of plays. my overall impression of him is, no

eric reid is a big physical guy. big hits, nice wrap up, he does seems to be a step slow though reacting to things. but of the 3 he looks the best to me. however this isn't the guy thats gonna be running down broken plays from the other sideline like nick collins could do. so if you need that, this isn't your guy

really, the top safety and ILB prospects don't impress me enough to use a first round pick on any of them. i think at this pint i would rather go the less sexy route and go with one of the center /guard guys, or another OT with that pick
Yea, let's face it, EDS only beat out Saturday for the starting center job because Saturday was getting his ass kicked. EDS is a quality back up, but not a starter. I believe if we had a bad ass mauler center our run game would improve a lot. I know TT doesn't draft players from the Wisconsin Badgers but if he did I would be happy with Kevin Frederick, G/C, Wisconsin.

Deputy Nutz
01-22-2013, 05:28 PM
I don't think Fredrick is coming out this year. I think he is a junior.

It sounded like Ricky Wagner had a tough Monday at the Senior Bowl. Okafor from Texas lit him up in some team drills and scrimmage. Okafor is had a heck of a first day. He was hammering offensive linemen in one on one drills.

rbaloha1
01-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Yea, let's face it, EDS only beat out Saturday for the starting center job because Saturday was getting his ass kicked. EDS is a quality back up, but not a starter. I believe if we had a bad ass mauler center our run game would improve a lot. I know TT doesn't draft players from the Wisconsin Badgers but if he did I would be happy with Kevin Frederick, G/C, Wisconsin.

Good point.

Nonetheless EDS is a good enough for the Packers to run in the A gaps.

Freak Out
01-22-2013, 05:47 PM

It sounded like Ricky Wagner had a tough Monday at the Senior Bowl. Okafor from Texas lit him up in some team drills and scrimmage. Okafor is had a heck of a first day. He was hammering offensive linemen in one on one drills.

So does Okafor play DE or OLB in the Packers defense?

Deputy Nutz
01-22-2013, 05:52 PM
I was checking out the nfldraftcountdown.com and they have some great senior bowl coverage along with gbnreport.com.

Quick run down on the North practice from yesterday, Okafor was a stand out, along with Brandon Short from Purdue, Short was dominant using a bull rush and getting in the backfield, Datone Jones from UCLA also had a decent practice.

From the South, no safety or linebacker really stood out, John Jenkins the largest defensive tackle in the draft from Georgia was a mixed bag, bad feet, but powerful.

RashanGary
01-22-2013, 05:54 PM
my weiny hurts

packrulz
01-22-2013, 05:55 PM

No, he's coming out, lots of juniors this year, it should be a good draft: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000106870/article/2013-nfl-draft-underclassmen-tracker

Deputy Nutz
01-22-2013, 05:59 PM
Total mistake on Fredricks part, only because I think he had an average year.

Okafor is most likely a 4-3 defensive end, he is too small at 6-5 261 pounds to play end in a 3-4. He could play outside linebacker, but I don't know if teams are looking at him to make that transition.

run pMc
01-23-2013, 11:01 AM
For safeties, what about Robert Lester out of Alabama?
I admit, I follow college football as closely as I do water polo (i.e., not at all)...so maybe someone else has an informed opinion.

I do think GB needs a prototypical 3-4 DE and upgrades at ILB and S. M.D. Jennings looks like a beanpole and I'm not convinced he or JerronMc are the long term answer. Also, Sean Richardson had back surgery which is not a good sign.

Okafor is most likely a 4-3 defensive end, he is too small at 6-5 261 pounds to play end in a 3-4. He could play outside linebacker, but I don't know if teams are looking at him to make that transition.
Agree. Okafor would have to put on about 25 pounds to play DE in a 3-4...consider Brett Keisel, DE for the Steelers, is 6-5 and 295.

packrulz
01-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Eddie Lacy really has my attention, I'd love to have him drop to the Pack, dude is a beast and played on a national championship team: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=105320&draftyear=2015&genpos=RB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YPrnpAK4n5Y

Smeefers
01-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Eddie Lacy really has my attention, I'd love to have him drop to the Pack, dude is a beast and played on a national championship team: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=105320&draftyear=2015&genpos=RB

God, what an aweful song in that video. An R&B vulgar, unimaginative piece of garbage. I don't mind swearing, but shit man. They do it like they're a bunch of 14 year olds, giggling that they said "shit" when no adults are around.

smuggler
01-24-2013, 03:30 PM
Last year they drafted BPA and got 3 of the top 32 players on their board. I see no reason to change that strat.

packrulz
01-24-2013, 03:49 PM
Yes, that "song" was crap. Call me crazy though, but Lacy's running style reminds me of Adrian Peterson.

red
01-24-2013, 05:04 PM
you got to remember that lacy was running behind one of the best o-lines ever assembled

3 of those linemen could go in the first round this year (warmack, jones, and fluker)

so you gotta wonder if he'll be as good without a dominate line in front of him

of course the same thing could be said about those linemen. are they all really that good, or did they just look great because the other guys including the running back made them look better

RashanGary
01-24-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm sort of in love with Montee Ball. He's about as natural of a runner as there is. Excellent balance, can change up speeds well, very athletic and agile.

They say he won't run fast. I don't know if I buy that. He walks right by people. Maybe when he was chubby, he ran some slow 40's or something, but the guy played fast this year.

He'd be a really cool Packer. Would love defense, but it would be great to have a 1st round RB to get excited about too. AR needs it, bad. I highly, highly doubt he gets out of the first round. He's a big-time talent and a great work ethic guy. TT drafted a guy like him in Seattle, Shawn Alexander.

Joemailman
01-24-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm sort of in love with Montee Ball. He's about as natural of a runner as there is. Excellent balance, can change up speeds well, very athletic and agile.

They say he won't run fast. I don't know if I buy that. He walks right by people. Maybe when he was chubby, he ran some slow 40's or something, but the guy played fast this year.

He'd be a really cool Packer. Would love defense, but it would be great to have a 1st round RB to get excited about too. AR needs it, bad. I highly, highly doubt he gets out of the first round. He's a big-time talent and a great work ethic guy. TT drafted a guy like him in Seattle, Shawn Alexander.

Ball would need to run really well at the Combine to go in the 1st. Everybody right now seems to have him rated 60-80. I'd take him in the 2nd, but not he 1st.

Deputy Nutz
01-24-2013, 09:05 PM
Agree with JH's take on Montee Ball. I would think he would fit well with the Packers. He does everything really well, I don't think he is special, but he could play all three downs. I was a bit disappointed in his vision at the LOS and behind the LOS this past season, but when your line changed so much from one year to the next you lose faith in where to run. He was fantastic in the open field this season. His Big Ten Championship game speaks to that.

Again he might sneak into the first round if he runs a sub 4.5, but I think he runs some where between 4.5 and a 4.6 and goes any where between the middle of round 2 and and the beginning of round 3. I can see him as a Steeler, or a New York Giant/Jets.

http://draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/Senior-Bowl.php I'll just post this instead of rewriting it and acting like I was at the Senior Bowl practice.

Joemailman
01-24-2013, 09:20 PM
Agree with JH's take on Montee Ball. I would think he would fit well with the Packers. He does everything really well, I don't think he is special, but he could play all three downs. I was a bit disappointed in his vision at the LOS and behind the LOS this past season, but when your line changed so much from one year to the next you lose faith in where to run. He was fantastic in the open field this season. His Big Ten Championship game speaks to that.

Again he might sneak into the first round if he runs a sub 4.5, but I think he runs some where between 4.5 and a 4.6 and goes any where between the middle of round 2 and and the beginning of round 3. I can see him as a Steeler, or a New York Giant/Jets.

http://draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/Senior-Bowl.php I'll just post this instead of rewriting it and acting like I was at the Senior Bowl practice.

For Montee's sake, I hope the Jets don't take him. Thet are in salary cap hell. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/yearly/

Bretsky
01-24-2013, 11:12 PM

DISCLOSURE.......I bleed Badger Red.......Ball would be a great pickup. Two years ago I said the best RB in Wisconsin was Ball. Ditto for this year.

But IMO, he runs about a 4.55 40yd dash and he porbably slips to mid to late round two. I think it's likely he could fall right to us

He does everything good. Underrated as a receiver

Bretsky
01-24-2013, 11:13 PM
The Center form California is gooing to be a very solid pro and would be a nice pickup for GB. Think if we could add a stud Center......all the options for competition at the other positions

rbaloha1
01-25-2013, 09:11 AM
http://www.gbnreport.com/seniorbowlreport.htm

Great observations.

The receiver from LA Tech could be a high Packer pick.

denverYooper
01-25-2013, 10:45 AM
At this point, I'd like to see them draft Jonathan Jenkins to take over at NT and move Raji to DE permanently.

red
01-25-2013, 12:25 PM
At this point, I'd like to see them draft Jonathan Jenkins to take over at NT and move Raji to DE permanently.

SLOOOOOOOOOOW, and clumsy

i'm no d-lime expert, but when i watch him i'm amazed at how much smaller o-linemen can just stonewall him 1 on 1. it also looks like once he gets going in one direction, he's gonna keep moving in that direction. so if you're a QB or a rb, you just have to take one step to the side and he'll go flying right past you

him and jessie williams i'm just not impressed with

rbaloha1
01-25-2013, 03:32 PM
SLOOOOOOOOOOW, and clumsy

i'm no d-lime expert, but when i watch him i'm amazed at how much smaller o-linemen can just stonewall him 1 on 1. it also looks like once he gets going in one direction, he's gonna keep moving in that direction. so if you're a QB or a rb, you just have to take one step to the side and he'll go flying right past you

him and jessie williams i'm just not impressed with

IMO Jessie Williams is a very good prospect and a replacement for Raji.

IMO similar to Ngata.

red
01-25-2013, 04:03 PM
IMO Jessie Williams is a very good prospect and a replacement for Raji.

IMO similar to Ngata.

nope, don't see the ngata comparison at all. he was like a 30 year old guy playing against middle school kids when he was in college. one of my all time favorite prospects.

williams, for as big and strong as he's suppose to be, he gets blocked pretty easy 1 v 1, double team him and he's done. he has only been playing the sport a couple years, and he is way more athletic than john jenkins.

but i just don't see anything "special"

but again, i'm no d-line expert

Smeefers
01-25-2013, 04:18 PM
This is the time of year that I wish I payed any kind of attention to college ball.

Smidgeon
01-25-2013, 04:27 PM
This is the time of year that I wish I payed any kind of attention to college ball.

Ditto

Freak Out
01-25-2013, 07:05 PM
nope, don't see the ngata comparison at all. he was like a 30 year old guy playing against middle school kids when he was in college. one of my all time favorite prospects.

williams, for as big and strong as he's suppose to be, he gets blocked pretty easy 1 v 1, double team him and he's done. he has only been playing the sport a couple years, and he is way more athletic than john jenkins.

Man I wanted Ngata or Davis over Hawk so bad.....oh well.

Freak Out
01-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Sorry...I don't want to turn this into a Hawk bashing thread.

Joemailman
01-25-2013, 07:40 PM

He's not Ngata, but I think he anchors well enough. He's awesomely strong, and is still learning how to play the game. Wait until MM teaches him about pad level. :lol: He's versatile, having played 5-Tech and NT. He's also lined up at FB in short yardage situations. I think he's an improving player, and right now he's my pick for the Packers in Round 1.

SkinBasket
01-25-2013, 07:44 PM
So a glaring need is a combination of 44 receptions for 443 yards and 6 touchdowns? Granted Jennings was hurt, but you replace him with others on your roster, and look to add a player that can contribute as a 4th, because you are not going to be able to draft a player that is going to be better than Nelson, Jones, or Cobb.

Excellent post.

red
01-28-2013, 04:40 PM
margus hunt

6'7 288 or 6'8 275 (depending on the site) DE from SMU. he's huge, with room for more weight, he's from estonia, and he's only been playing football since 2009

with that said, he blocked 17 fg's/xpts in his 4 years and in 2012 he had 8 sacks

expected to run a 4.60

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/margus-hunt?id=2539310

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1724952/margus-hunt

we could have our very own ivan drago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgNUN-Sqj_Y

Deputy Nutz
01-28-2013, 07:15 PM
He is really fast, raw, and tall. I think the kid has talent and tools, but is unpolished. He needs to use his long arms to separate from the offensive tackle, he is skinny, and he stands up way too much.

Joemailman
01-28-2013, 07:43 PM
He's pretty explosive once he disengages from the blocker. The epitome of a boom-or-bust pick. I'd consider him in the 2nd round. Too risky in the 1st, IMHO.

Guiness
01-28-2013, 09:25 PM
Agree with Nutz that he seems to be standing up too much. Not very fluid looking, almost awkward at times, but could be just gangly looking from his extreme height. His change of direction didn't seem great either, will be interesting to see what his 3-cone speed is.

On the plus side, if he can hold the edge and has good instincts for when the QB throws, that wingspan would be a nightmare for them.

rbaloha1
01-29-2013, 08:39 AM
He's not Ngata, but I think he anchors well enough. He's awesomely strong, and is still learning how to play the game. Wait until MM teaches him about pad level. :lol: He's versatile, having played 5-Tech and NT. He's also lined up at FB in short yardage situations. I think he's an improving player, and right now he's my pick for the Packers in Round 1.

Williams is an Aussie with superior strength.

Packers need more of these types to control the line of scrimmage against teams that run dive plays off spread optin,

BTW for the poster who said the packers controlled gore -- 23 carries 119 yds. We all know what CK did.

Let the roster turnover begin at whatever number the esteemed threadmaker desires.

Packgator
01-29-2013, 09:36 AM
he blocked 17 fg's/xpts in his 4 years

That's an amazing stat.

Pugger
01-29-2013, 09:57 AM
Yes, that "song" was crap. Call me crazy though, but Lacy's running style reminds me of Adrian Peterson.

I'm glad I didn't have the sound on. It would be nice to have a back that other teams have no desire to see coming up field.

Pugger
01-29-2013, 10:00 AM
DISCLOSURE.......I bleed Badger Red.......Ball would be a great pickup. Two years ago I said the best RB in Wisconsin was Ball. Ditto for this year.

But IMO, he runs about a 4.55 40yd dash and he porbably slips to mid to late round two. I think it's likely he could fall right to us

He does everything good. Underrated as a receiver

He should have come out last year. I agree with you guys, if he's there in the second he might be worth taking.

rbaloha1
01-29-2013, 10:01 AM
I'm glad I didn't have the sound on. It would be nice to have a back that other teams have no desire to see coming up field.

Lacy is a step below Trent Richardson and unfortunately only available for a trade up.

woodbuck27
01-29-2013, 02:43 PM

He looks great.

woodbuck27
01-29-2013, 02:51 PM
He is really fast, raw, and tall. I think the kid has talent and tools, but is unpolished. He needs to use his long arms to separate from the offensive tackle, he is skinny, and he stands up way too much.

That fella has serious upside.

pbmax
02-06-2013, 08:10 AM
This guy will not be drafted nor signed by the Packers:

CFL’s top offensive lineman nixed by Packers medical staff

Posted by Josh Alper on February 6, 2013, 8:12 AM EST

Reuters
Jovan Olafioye was named the best offensive ...

Seems he has a medical condition that involves taking medication for his blood pressure and its raising some red flags.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/06/cfls-top-offensive-lineman-nixed-by-packers-medical-staff/

Smeefers
02-14-2013, 01:08 PM
Well, I had some time off so I decided to look around to see who's slotted to go near the Packers. Because I'm not a huge researcher, I decided to stick with ESPN's scout inc big board. Assuming that they have a half way decent view on who's coming out, I pulled out +/- 5 picks from our #26. So here's who they have.

21. Ezekiel Ansah - DE, BYU
6'5" 274 LBS
The guy has been compared to Jason Pierre-Paul and Clay Mathews. He's a great pass rusher, but would be a conversion project from DE to OLB for the Packers. We've already began that process with Perry, so I'm not sure if that's something we want to tackle again this year. What I don't like about him is that he's only been playing football for 3 years. He's only had one starting year in the college ranks. I know there's other great players out there who have gone through that, but those guys came from a lifetime of playing football. He was a flash in the pan in college, having one good year when nobody knew who he was. I have a hard time jumping at a guy like this.

22. Johnathan Hankins - DT, Ohio State
6'3" 320 LBS
A Junior declaring early. He's a big guy who's played every position on the D line. He's described as fluid and mobile, which is very nice to have. The scouts say his pros are his quick feet, mobility down the line and his first step ability. They also point out his aggresive run defense. All very nice things. Due to his high snap counts in college, he often seemed to wear down during games. Those big bursts of strengths didn't show up in the second halves of games. Streaky. He's also known for relying to much on his upper body strength, which will get you worn out in a hurry in the NFL. With the solid rotation we're going to have on the line, I would have no problem with the pack moving to pick this guy up.

23. Geno Smith - QB, W. Virginia

I highly doubt we're going after a quarterback in the first round. Not gonna do the research.

24. Johnathan Jenkins - DT, Georgia
6'4" 359LBS
Damn that guys big! This guy has had a target on his chest and has still performed well. He is a run stopping machine. Can move laterally down the line well and can collapse the pocket, but due to his size, he's not likely to get to the QB. He's not slippery, he's more like a brick wall. He's also prone to slowing down during the game. I think of Gilbert Brown. If you keep the guy fresh, he's going to be a monster for you. With our rotation abilities, I think this is a no miss for the packers. If I had to pick a guy to target, this would be it.

25. Cordarrelle Patterson - WR, Tennessee
6'3" 205 LBS
With Jennings and Finely possibly leaving the fold, and with the other three big recievers only having 1-2 years left on their contracts, it's not unlikely that TT will grab a WR early in the draft. This guy is fast and big. He's a good route runner, loves the slants and likes the big play go route. He does catch with his body a lot. He also wasn't asked to make a lot of jump ball catches. He always try's to make the most of a catch though (for good and for bad) and he's been known to drop an easy catch because his eyes are already up field. He'd be a nice project for the Packers. He'd be allowed to develop with our team and he could turn into a great player for us.

26. Johnthan Banks - CB, Miss. St.
6'1" 185
A small town kid. He started off at safety and then converted to CB. They say he's a ball hawk and a good route reader. He is a risk taker, likes to bait a QB and he's not afraid to go for the home run.

"Aggressive and tough against the run and works hard to shed. Lacks ideal bulk but doesn't shy from big hits and easy to love his physical nature and competitiveness. Fiery demeanor and not afraid to get on teammates for mistakes. Known as a vocal team leader with strong football character, work ethic and ambition." - CBS Sports

When talking about his negatives, it's all angles and overpursuit and technique. Basically things that can be taught. If we weren't stacked at CB, I'd jump at him.

27. Sam Montgomery - DE, LSU
6'5" 260 LBS
This guy is a pure 4-3 DE. I don't see the packers taking him. I'll give a little info on him though. He's tall, lanky, and fast. He's a good chase down player, but doesn't have that initial burst speed that you like to see in a DE. He's one of them motor guys you hear about, he holds the line well against run plays. He's also known to get locked up, can't break free or shed blocks and doesn't have the flexibility to get slide past guys when his bull rush or his outside speed are failing him.

28. Keenan Allen - WR, California
6'3" 210LBS
A big play reciever who's not afraid of contact. Constantly had the bullseye on him and still made plays, much like Jordy did before he came out of college. He plays every WR position on the field, likes to catch with his hands and willingly blocks downfield, even when the ball is run away from him. He's not as fast as people would like, and he's not known for shaking tackles. He also had a knee injury in October. I think we already have a player like this and his name is Jordy Nelson, I wouldn't mind him, but knee injuries scare me.

29. Zach Ertz - TE, Stanford
6'6" 252 LBS
He's another Jermicheal Finley. Big, good hands, fast, route runner, can play any WR position, great in the red zone. Needs a lot of help on blocking. If we pick him up, you can wave goodbye to Jermicheal in a hot second.

30. Eddie Lacy - RB, Alabama
We have discussed him, so I'm going to skip him.

31. Tavon Auston - WR, W. Virginia
5'9" 175 LBS
This little guy is a Darren Sproles, Randall Cobb type reciever. If we didn't already have 2 of these types of players on our team (Cobb/Ross), I wouldn't mind giving him a look. He doesn't fit our roster though, so I doubt we're going to target him.

All information was gained from the interwub. CBS sports, ESPN, NFL.com, hell, even a patriots web site. I just summed up what they said, expanded when I was interested and shrunk when I wasn't.

smuggler
02-14-2013, 03:27 PM
I have a feeling the Bears are going to draft Eifert (TE from ND) and the Steelers are going to take big John Jenkins (NT from Georgia). That leaves us in a place where we might trade back and try to pick up selections. If we could trade into the top of the 2nd round, but still get the safety from Florida, that would be fine with me.

pittstang5
02-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Ansah blew up the Senior Bowl. He was everywhere. If his combine numbers are off the charts, someone could take him earlier - think Bruce Irvin last year.

If he's around when the Packers pick and TT takes him, no complaints from my camp.

Bretsky
02-14-2013, 10:02 PM
He should have come out last year. I agree with you guys, if he's there in the second he might be worth taking.

One of the many aspects Ball has and could be a benifit is that he is an effective cut blocker in the hole and willing to stand up to blitzers when protecting the qb. He is a natural receiver and adjusts to throws over the middle and in the flat and continues downfield fluidly. I recall a number of marginally thrown passes that Ball made great plays on as a Badger....several in key situations.

IMO he's a guy that would help Green Bay

packrulz
02-15-2013, 05:20 AM
6'1" 185
A small town kid. He started off at safety and then converted to CB. They say he's a ball hawk and a good route reader. He is a risk taker, likes to bait a QB and he's not afraid to go for the home run.

When talking about his negatives, it's all angles and overpursuit and technique. Basically things that can be taught. If we weren't stacked at CB, I'd jump at him.

Stacked? Man, I think CB is a big question mark. T-Will just doesn't seem as strong since he got hurt (nerve damage?), Heyward is a bit short, House is unproven, I think we have a "need" at CB. I could see taking Banks.

Patler
02-15-2013, 08:17 AM
I don't think a team can ever have too many good, young cornerbacks. It's a highly paid position, and, if nothing else, if you can have quality corners in their rookie contracts it sure helps the salary cap.

sharpe1027
02-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Stacked? Man, I think CB is a big question mark. T-Will just doesn't seem as strong since he got hurt (nerve damage?), Heyward is a bit short, House is unproven, I think we have a "need" at CB. I could see taking Banks.

Sure, but by that standard they have a "need" at every position. :)

At CB they have 4 guys that played pretty well last year. While I agree that T-will is not as dominate as before the injury, but he is still a solid CB. Shields' offers the speed that can't be taught and his early mental mistakes were corrected by the end of the year. Heyward just knows how to play. He is always in the right place to make big plays. House look OK in his limited action. Also, Woodson's days a CB may nearing an end, but he's not bad for a 5th option. Bush has improved enough that he can play in a pinch (but hopefully he is not needed).

That being said, I agree with Patler. If a good DB is the best player on the board, they should not hesitate to snatch him up.

woodbuck27
02-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Well, I had some time off so I decided to look around to see who's slotted to go near the Packers. Because I'm not a huge researcher, I decided to stick with ESPN's scout inc big board. Assuming that they have a half way decent view on who's coming out, I pulled out +/- 5 picks from our #26. So here's who they have.

21. Ezekiel Ansah - DE, BYU
6'5" 274 LBS
The guy has been compared to Jason Pierre-Paul and Clay Mathews. He's a great pass rusher, but would be a conversion project from DE to OLB for the Packers. We've already began that process with Perry, so I'm not sure if that's something we want to tackle again this year. What I don't like about him is that he's only been playing football for 3 years. He's only had one starting year in the college ranks. I know there's other great players out there who have gone through that, but those guys came from a lifetime of playing football. He was a flash in the pan in college, having one good year when nobody knew who he was. I have a hard time jumping at a guy like this.

22. Johnathan Hankins - DT, Ohio State
6'3" 320 LBS
A Junior declaring early. He's a big guy who's played every position on the D line. He's described as fluid and mobile, which is very nice to have. The scouts say his pros are his quick feet, mobility down the line and his first step ability. They also point out his aggresive run defense. All very nice things. Due to his high snap counts in college, he often seemed to wear down during games. Those big bursts of strengths didn't show up in the second halves of games. Streaky. He's also known for relying to much on his upper body strength, which will get you worn out in a hurry in the NFL. With the solid rotation we're going to have on the line, I would have no problem with the pack moving to pick this guy up.

23. Geno Smith - QB, W. Virginia

I highly doubt we're going after a quarterback in the first round. Not gonna do the research.

24. Johnathan Jenkins - DT, Georgia
6'4" 359LBS
Damn that guys big! This guy has had a target on his chest and has still performed well. He is a run stopping machine. Can move laterally down the line well and can collapse the pocket, but due to his size, he's not likely to get to the QB. He's not slippery, he's more like a brick wall. He's also prone to slowing down during the game. I think of Gilbert Brown. If you keep the guy fresh, he's going to be a monster for you. With our rotation abilities, I think this is a no miss for the packers. If I had to pick a guy to target, this would be it.

25. Cordarrelle Patterson - WR, Tennessee
6'3" 205 LBS
With Jennings and Finely possibly leaving the fold, and with the other three big recievers only having 1-2 years left on their contracts, it's not unlikely that TT will grab a WR early in the draft. This guy is fast and big. He's a good route runner, loves the slants and likes the big play go route. He does catch with his body a lot. He also wasn't asked to make a lot of jump ball catches. He always try's to make the most of a catch though (for good and for bad) and he's been known to drop an easy catch because his eyes are already up field. He'd be a nice project for the Packers. He'd be allowed to develop with our team and he could turn into a great player for us.

6'1" 185

27. Sam Montgomery - DE, LSU
6'5" 260 LBS
This guy is a pure 4-3 DE. I don't see the packers taking him. I'll give a little info on him though. He's tall, lanky, and fast. He's a good chase down player, but doesn't have that initial burst speed that you like to see in a DE. He's one of them motor guys you hear about, he holds the line well against run plays. He's also known to get locked up, can't break free or shed blocks and doesn't have the flexibility to get slide past guys when his bull rush or his outside speed are failing him.

28. Keenan Allen - WR, California
6'3" 210LBS
A big play reciever who's not afraid of contact. Constantly had the bullseye on him and still made plays, much like Jordy did before he came out of college. He plays every WR position on the field, likes to catch with his hands and willingly blocks downfield, even when the ball is run away from him. He's not as fast as people would like, and he's not known for shaking tackles. He also had a knee injury in October. I think we already have a player like this and his name is Jordy Nelson, I wouldn't mind him, but knee injuries scare me.

29. Zach Ertz - TE, Stanford
6'6" 252 LBS
He's another Jermicheal Finley. Big, good hands, fast, route runner, can play any WR position, great in the red zone. Needs a lot of help on blocking. If we pick him up, you can wave goodbye to Jermicheal in a hot second.

30. Eddie Lacy - RB, Alabama
We have discussed him, so I'm going to skip him.

31. Tavon Auston - WR, W. Virginia
5'9" 175 LBS
This little guy is a Darren Sproles, Randall Cobb type reciever. If we didn't already have 2 of these types of players on our team (Cobb/Ross), I wouldn't mind giving him a look. He doesn't fit our roster though, so I doubt we're going to target him.

All information was gained from the interwub. CBS sports, ESPN, NFL.com, hell, even a patriots web site. I just summed up what they said, expanded when I was interested and shrunk when I wasn't.

The fella that jumps out to me in your post is Johnathan Jenkins - DT, Georgia and this >>> 6'4" 359LBS.

We have a certain need on the DL (ie at DT) to add depth but that need is immediate. We need more than a prospect. TT might get a jump here by bringing in a solid FA to cover this primary need. If he does this he can then option to pick at #26 on the OL (ie go center or versitility) or pick at WR.

It doesn't seem logical to me that Ted Thompson will pick a RB in round one. Don't be surprized if TT goes CB if the right player is available on his board.

GO PACKERS !

Smeefers
02-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Wow. I had no idea so many people thought we were weak at CB. You learn something new every day. While I agree in principle that you can never have too many good young CB's, practice is a little harder to go on. We've gotten solid CB's in the last three drafts. Shields, house and Hayward. I do not think this is the time to pick up another one early in the draft. I don't have a problem with best player available, but if possible, I think you go for a position you're significantly weak at. That's why I agree with Woodbuck and think John Jenkins would be awesome to have. Of course, now that I like him, he won't be available. So, Smuggler's probably right. We'll drop out of the first round and get a couple more picks out of it on a roster that is deeper than yo mamma's butt crack.

smuggler
02-15-2013, 01:24 PM
The fella that jumps out to me in your post is Johnathan Jenkins - DT, Georgia

I.... agreee... wiiithhh hWooooooodbuckk

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

I've heard it said that the Reid kid from Florida is the best available safety. With Woodson being released, maybe we should consider him. It would be nice if he fell and we found a way to trade up in the 2nd for him, instead of reaching in the first.

pbmax
02-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Via Wilde's Twitter:

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde
FYI, @BadgerFootball. RT @NFL_ATL Mayock's Top 5 RBs: 1. Eddie Lacy 2. Montee Ball 3. Andre Ellington 4. Giovani Bernard 5. Marcus Lattimore

red
02-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Via Wilde's Twitter:

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde
FYI, @BadgerFootball. RT @NFL_ATL Mayock's Top 5 RBs: 1. Eddie Lacy 2. Montee Ball 3. Andre Ellington 4. Giovani Bernard 5. Marcus Lattimore

so is the RB draft class really that weak, or is lattimore just that good?

usually guys coming off 2 blown out knees in the last two years and who might not play their rookie season don't go in the second round

smuggler
02-16-2013, 05:17 PM
He'd have been the first RB off the board if he were fully healthy. He'll probably get drafted, but not until the 6th or 7th.

red
02-16-2013, 09:47 PM
He'd have been the first RB off the board if he were fully healthy. He'll probably get drafted, but not until the 6th or 7th.

i'm seeing almost every draft source saying he's a second rounder right now, thats why i made the comment

red
02-16-2013, 09:53 PM
also in draft news. ILB alec ogletree, who we talked about on page one was just arrested for a DUI

Fritz
02-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Sweet. His value drops, TT digs deep, finds out Ogletree is a good guy who made one mistake, then trades down into the second round, gets an extra third, still gets Ogletree in round two AND still has his second rounder, plus two third rounders.

And while all this is going on, Drew Barrymore is texting me, telling me she gets off on talking about the Packers while she's having sex.

red
02-17-2013, 11:13 AM
Sweet. His value drops, TT digs deep, finds out Ogletree is a good guy who made one mistake, then trades down into the second round, gets an extra third, still gets Ogletree in round two AND still has his second rounder, plus two third rounders.

And while all this is going on, Drew Barrymore is texting me, telling me she gets off on talking about the Packers while she's having sex.

lol

wasn't a one time thing though. he was suspended 4 games this year for a drug violation, he was also suspended for theft his freshman year

3 red flags might be too much for TT

but i am pretty sure drew does get off on talking about the packers

Guiness
02-17-2013, 12:10 PM

Does this look like a guy who's only made one mistake?
http://www.chicagonow.com/and-they-called-it-pork/files/2012/03/slapshot-ogie-oglethorpe2.jpg

No more than this looks like a girl who needs to sext to get off

http://media.onsugar.com/files/usr/0/10/widownload_8.jpeg

red
02-17-2013, 01:19 PM
* not drew barrymore

RashanGary
02-17-2013, 02:43 PM
I'm hearing a lot of positive things about Arthur Brown, ILB, Kansas State.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-T1T3YuyNY

He says he runs about a 4.5 flat (incredibly fast for a LB.) I'm reading his coverage skills are excellent and he's a big hitter. Smart, hard working. . . . . Looking at the nfldraftscout bio, even his weaknesses come off as strengths. Size issues even though he plays big. . . Excellent at shedding blocks but that could lead to injuries even though he's never had any. I don't love that he hasn't forced fumbles. That's a bit of a playmaker red flag for me. Maybe they teach tackling over going after the ball. Who knows. But he looks explosive on tape, and the writeup on him is very positive.

If you plan on starting Nick Perry at OLB, it sure makes a lot of sense to have someone with speed, the ability to diagnose and sift through traffic, and coverage ability behind him. It looks like a good fit.

Strengths: Instinctive, physical defender who, other than his lack of ideal size, ranks among the surest prospects of the 2013 draft. Possesses excellent key and diagnosis skills. Often takes his initial step toward where the play is designed to go before the quarterback has finished taking the snap. Possesses explosive, active hands to quickly slip blocks and plays with excellent leverage, bending at the knees to consistently get under the pads of would-be blockers and pushing them aside to make the play in the hole. Very good balance to avoid cut blocks and when knocked to the ground; remarkably quick in popping back up. Very good sideline to sideline speed, which could allow him to remain at inside linebacker in the NFL. Drops back into coverage fluidly, demonstrating not only the athleticism but the awareness to handle this responsibility in the NFL. Times his blitz well with the snap, showing the flexibility to slip past blockers, flatten out and close on the quarterback.

Weaknesses: Obvious size concerns, though he plays much bigger than he looks. Tendency to take on blocks with alternating shoulders, putting him in excellent position to slip off and make tackles but also could be jeopardizing the long-term health of his body, especially considering his relative lack of size in the first place. Stands out on tape for his size, physicality and open-field tackling, but hasn't proven to be much of a playmaker over his career, posting "just" three interceptions and not a single forced fumble over his collegiate career. Struggles while at Miami open up concerns about how well he'll handle the jump to an NFL team further from home.

COMPARES TO: Curtis Lofton, ILB, New Orleans Saints -- Like Lofton, Brown plays bigger than he looks and will quickly prove himself to be a vacuum tackler in the NFL. To emerge as one of the elite at their position, however, each has to show a greater ability to cause turnovers.

Iron Mike
02-17-2013, 05:19 PM

http://i2.listal.com/image/2550629/500full.jpg

pbmax
02-17-2013, 05:40 PM
We are all very, very old.

packrulz
02-18-2013, 05:47 AM
Unfortunately, this isn't the first time the highly athletic Ogletree has run afoul of the law. He was arrested and charged with the theft of a Georgia track athlete's motorcycle helmet Sept. 3, 2010, and was suspended for the first game of his collegiate career.

Ogletree was again suspended this year, this time for four games, after he and former teammate Baccari Rambo reportedly failed drug tests.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21721523/georgias-ogletree-could-see-stock-drop-after-dui-arrest

packrulz
02-18-2013, 05:51 AM
Here are some popular mock drafts which will change multiple times, I'm not really liking the Ogletree or Fluker (injured) picks: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock
Both of those mocks have Fluker and Ogletree going ahead of T'eo.

Patler
02-18-2013, 06:04 AM
With now another screw-up so close to draft time, I don't see TT going after Ogletree in the first round. His high round picks are high character guys. He will take a chance on character in lower rounds, not in the first.

cheesner
02-18-2013, 09:47 AM

FALSE!

She generally talks about my hair or eyes or how strong I am.

When her, well, umm, mouth is full, she hums 'the star spangled banner'.

I'm a pass on Ogletree. Too many issues and questions to invest a first. We didn't get much production this last season from our last 3 No. 1s. We need to hit on immediate help this year to buck that trend.

pbmax
02-18-2013, 04:11 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
After injuring his hamstring last week, Alabama RB Eddie Lacy now hopes to perform all drills at Alabama's Pro Day on March 13. No combine.

3 hrs Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Alabama RB Eddie Lacy will not work out at combine after suffering small tear in some tissue around his hamstring while training last week.

pbmax
02-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne
Robert Alford true project. Coach says he's better than any CB at LSU, other big schools. Expects great Combine. But "not gifted mentally."

packrulz
02-18-2013, 04:23 PM
DE's Ezekiel Ansah and Datone Jones are intriguing prospects:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMtBmOdYsqo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w0mKUGNuWk

swede
02-18-2013, 05:37 PM
DE's Ezekiel Ansah and Datone Jones are intriguing prospects:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMtBmOdYsqo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w0mKUGNuWk

I don't know if Anseh's game will work one more level up, but he sure is smart. You can almost see him reference a formation and a blocking pattern, get off his block and find the right gap. You'd like to Frankenstein that brain into a more imposing, faster, more powerful body.

But hey, if he were stronger and faster he wouldn't have had to work so hard to get smart.

Datone Jones? He needs better tape than that game. This guy looked better in warm ups:

http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/pi/mp/21172/6478124609p?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ivgstores.com%2Fp rodimages-cdls%2Facc-fish%2FP376550-T0-W960-H900-Bacc-fish-1240177.jpg&d=8e9580fb796ead0897a0ca31b559de43560f61f7

Freak Out
02-18-2013, 05:48 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne
Robert Alford true project. Coach says he's better than any CB at LSU, other big schools. Expects great Combine. But "not gifted mentally."

LOL....well hell....I don't know..do we even want a smart CB?

smuggler
02-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Not sure that they come faster than Ansah. You'll see at the combine, he's got great straight-line speed. As for his technique and power, I might agree.

pbmax
02-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Mayock apparently held the mother of all pre-draft conference calls (making it slightly more important than a new Life Saver flavor) but it contained these tidbits:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000140157/article/mike-mayock-tyrann-mathieu-a-fourthround-prospect?campaign=Twitter_atl

3. BYU's Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah is going to go "earlier than later" in the first round according to Mayock, but he's "way more raw" than Jason Pierre-Paul was a few years ago when he was drafted by the New York Giants. Ansah is potentially versatile enough to play defensive end in a 4-3 or a 3-4 defense. He could possibly play OLB in a 3-4, as well.

4. Mayock ranked six defensive tackles with first-round grades. He had the same number of offensive tackles with first-round grades. Mayock also said this year's safety class is the best he's seen in a while, with special love going to Texas' Kenny Vaccaro.

5. Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o should be drafted around pick No. 20 based on his talent, according to Mayock. Ultimately, Mayock expects Te'o to go around that number.

That matches up with what Atlanta Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff told "The Rich Eisen Podcast" on Monday. Te'o very much remains on the Falcons' draft board.

9. If Te'o or Georgia linebacker Alec Ogletree falls to 32, Mayock says the Ravens will "sprint to the podium" to take either guy. Ogletree has top-10 talent, according to Mayock. Ogletree recently was arrested on a DUI charge.

10. Florida defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd drew comparisons to Warren Sapp. Mayock sees Floyd as a top-five talent and a candidate to go No. 3 overall to the Oakland Raiders. "When he's fresh, it's really special."

ND72
02-18-2013, 10:40 PM
Only thing I know for sure is Honey Badger will not be a packer. I always like knowing a lot on the draft, but I feel like I don't know shit this year.

Pugger
02-19-2013, 07:40 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
After injuring his hamstring last week, Alabama RB Eddie Lacy now hopes to perform all drills at Alabama's Pro Day on March 13. No combine.

Alabama RB Eddie Lacy will not work out at combine after suffering small tear in some tissue around his hamstring while training last week.

Oh dear, we do not need another player with a chronic hamstring issue. :-?

swede
02-19-2013, 12:20 PM

You've got to wrap that hammy in something more substantial than Kleenex.

smuggler
02-20-2013, 10:11 PM
No need to take Lacy when there are decent backs to be had in the draft in rounds 2-6. The Packer O-line is pretty shoddy in run-blocking to begin with.

Patler
02-21-2013, 06:35 AM
No need to take Lacy when there are decent backs to be had in the draft in rounds 2-6. The Packer O-line is pretty shoddy in run-blocking to begin with.

In other words, the Packers' O can make even a good back look bad???

Fritz
02-21-2013, 12:01 PM
I have wondered sometimes how well Adrian Peterson would do behind the Packers' oline.

swede
02-21-2013, 12:22 PM
I have wondered sometimes how well Adrian Peterson would do behind the Packers' oline.

You mean the guy that manages the car wash at the corner of Oneida and Hansen? We thought he might have been a good one back when we traded up to draft him in an alternate reality back in 2007, but he never made it past the line of scrimmage. One of these days we'll draft a really good running back.

RashanGary
02-21-2013, 01:04 PM
I've heard Larry McCarren say it's the RB that makes the difference, not the OL.

If we have a very good back, we'll have a very good running game, IMO. And my guy is Montee Ball.

pbmax
02-21-2013, 06:22 PM
http://www.thesidelineview.com/columns/draft/first-50-draft-prospects

Here are Lance Zierlein's Top 10 as a preview:

1. Luke Joeckel, LT, Texas A&M - Not too many weaknesses to target in his game. Excels with his technique and balance and was a 3 year starter. Joeckel is the safest player in this draft.

2. Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon - Great length, quickness and growth potential. Jordan isn’t currently the 2nd best player in the draft, but I think he projects to be that good in the future. Can play OLB or DE.

3. Eric Fisher, LT, Central Michigan - Fisher has good feet and is solid in both the run game and pass protection. He needs to get his hands on defender more quickly in pass protection.

4. Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama - Warmack boasts a terrific punch in pass protection and plays to his size while having surprising quickness. I see a good, not great run blocker. Won’t be drafted this highly due to position.

5. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama - He has good size and length. Milliner shows a good football IQ and, like most Tide CBs, is physical in run support. Milliner looks like a fairly average athlete so I’m interested to see how he tests.

6. Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State - There were times that liked Werner more in 2011 than 2012. Good initial get-off and flashes some power. Moves well in space and I think 3-4 WOLB is probably his best fit.

7. Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida - He can really stack and shed and plays with a good low pad level and aggressive hands. Disruptive in the gaps but can hold up against power. After first burst, not a dynamic interior pass rusher.

8. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee - Has size and speed that teams covet with 1st round WRs. Unpolished as a route-runner but has big play ability down the field and after the catch.

9. Star Lotuleilei, DT, Utah - Lotuleilei flashes great power and quickness off of the snap, but his playmaking radius is smaller than you like. He can fit into both 3-4 or 4-3 fronts as a NT with power and ability to disrupt.

10. Lane Johnson, LT, Oklahoma - Possesses elite foot quickness and length and is still growing into the position both literally and figuratively. Needs to get stronger and there are legitimate concerns about not bringing his feet with him in run blocking.

Freak Out
02-21-2013, 07:43 PM
http://www.thesidelineview.com/columns/draft/first-50-draft-prospects

Here are Lance Zierlein's Top 10 as a preview:

Nice stuff Max....thanks for the link to the website as well...never heard of it.

Jordan is a heck of a player...I've watched my share of Duck games and he is a big reason they were good at all (as a D).

packrulz
02-22-2013, 04:26 AM
On Thursday, the NFL announced the full draft order – with the annual compensatory selections yet to be announced – and the Packers are set to pick at No. 26 overall in the first round, at No. 55 overall in the second round and at No. 88 overall in the third round. Their fourth-, fifth-, sixth- and seventh-round picks will be set after those compensatory selections are announced at the NFL Meetings in Arizona next month. The Packers figure to get a mid-round pick after losing backup quarterback Matt Flynn and Pro Bowl center Scott Wells while signing Saturday.

Fritz
02-22-2013, 06:36 AM
On Thursday, the NFL announced the full draft order – with the annual compensatory selections yet to be announced – and the Packers are set to pick at No. 26 overall in the first round, at No. 55 overall in the second round and at No. 88 overall in the third round. Their fourth-, fifth-, sixth- and seventh-round picks will be set after those compensatory selections are announced at the NFL Meetings in Arizona next month. The Packers figure to get a mid-round pick after losing backup quarterback Matt Flynn and Pro Bowl center Scott Wells while signing Saturday.

My prediction: a compensatory seventh rounder for Flynn. Saturday-for-Wells a wash, nothing from that.

smuggler
02-22-2013, 10:44 AM
4th round comp pick. The lesser of the Flynn/Wells comps will get wiped out by signing Saturday.

Fritz
02-22-2013, 10:54 AM
4th round comp pick. The lesser of the Flynn/Wells comps will get wiped out by signing Saturday.

In the best of situations, the Packers barely get anything. So why would they get a fourth rounder for either a center who played about two games before he was lost for the year or for a back up QB who (I think) did not play?

RashanGary
02-22-2013, 10:56 AM
Here's a small school safety that looks interesting. . . Rontez Miles

http://draftbreakdown.com/rontez-miles-hammer-of-the-gods
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrqfAgHo82o

pbmax
02-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Does anyone (and by this I mean Patler probably) remember the website of the guy who had reverse engineered the NFL compensatory pick process?

I think he was absent last year but I wonder if he is up and running again?

smuggler
02-22-2013, 09:45 PM
In the best of situations, the Packers barely get anything. So why would they get a fourth rounder for either a center who played about two games before he was lost for the year or for a back up QB who (I think) did not play?

Because the formula is based not simply on the games a player played, but also their contract dollar total and years signed. Flynn's departure counts more for the comp pick system than the acquisition of Saturday counts against it for various reasons.

If Flynn had actually started all year, we may have been in line for a 3rd rounder instead, but instead we get the 4th. There's also the possibility that we actually get a 7th also (Pat Lee), but I doubt it.

Source: http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/01/27/2013-nfl-compensatory-pick-projections/

packrulz
02-23-2013, 08:04 AM
'Bama Center Jones is having surgery, maybe he'll fall to the Pack in the 2nd round: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21747238/2013-nfl-combine-barrett-jones-out-a-few-months-following-lisfranc-surgery

Bretsky
02-23-2013, 09:20 AM
The Matt Flynn case serves as an example of why you take the draft pick early IF you can get it; we were all banking on a third for Flynn and something solid for Wells. Now we'll be fortunate to get a Big Mac

pbmax
02-23-2013, 09:36 AM
The Matt Flynn case serves as an example of why you take the draft pick early IF you can get it; we were all banking on a third for Flynn and something solid for Wells. Now we'll be fortunate to get a Big Mac

According to his and AdamTJ13/Adam12, a player on a multi-year deal on IR counts, so why doesn't Wells count to a pick?

red
02-27-2013, 05:33 PM
margus hunt was one of the major standouts of the combine

his upside is very intriguing

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/26/smus-margus-hunt-impresses-scouts-at-combine/

Joemailman
02-27-2013, 05:49 PM
Can't believe a guy that tall did 38 reps. Tall, lanky guys usually don't do that well. I know combine numbers tend to be overrated by some, but 38 reps and a 4.6 40 is freakish.

red
02-27-2013, 05:59 PM
Can't believe a guy that tall did 38 reps. Tall, lanky guys usually don't do that well. I know combine numbers tend to be overrated by some, but 38 reps and a 4.6 40 is freakish.

both numbers are freakish for a guy that tall. the 40 isvery impressive, i noticed in the game film that he gets out of his stance very fast

he's just missing football awareness and technique, and he's only missing those becase he only started playing the sport 3 years ago.

if he gets a good teacher/coach, he could be a elite player in 2 or 3 years

pbmax
02-27-2013, 06:34 PM
According to his and AdamTJ13/Adam12, a player on a multi-year deal on IR counts, so why doesn't Wells count to a pick?

Got my answer from that website. Saturday cancelled out Wells' comp pick. Not clever.

Iron Mike
02-27-2013, 07:40 PM
Here's a small school safety that looks interesting. . . Rontez Miles

WTF would name their kid after the dog in "The Island of the Blue Dolphins?" :wink:

red
02-27-2013, 09:40 PM
WTF would name their kid after the dog in "The Island of the Blue Dolphins?" :wink:

what fucking person with a dick and two balls (hell even one) has ever heard of "The Island of the Blue Dolphins?"

swede
02-27-2013, 09:54 PM
^Probably my favorite book in 5th grade along with My Side of the Mountain, Johnny Tremain, and Portnoy's Complaint.

I probably wasn't supposed to have read Portnoy's Complaint, but they should have known better than to leave it on the end table.

Bretsky
02-27-2013, 11:36 PM
Got my answer from that website. Saturday cancelled out Wells' comp pick. Not clever.

That is what I was just going to type but you figured it out; now I have to go into the Cullen Jenkins thread and ask for your mea culpa so the curse of Cullen can set this team free !! :)

pbmax
02-28-2013, 02:00 PM
That is what I was just going to type but you figured it out; now I have to go into the Cullen Jenkins thread and ask for your mea culpa so the curse of Cullen can set this team free !! :)

Never! Free Johnny Jolly!

Whoops. (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/nfl-to-reinstate-packers-lineman-jolly-db8v72d-193735641.html)

Pay Johnny Jolly!

red
03-21-2013, 05:50 PM
jarvis jones just shocked the world today at his pro day

the 245 pound 3-4 OLB ran a horrible 4.9 40

many teams already had questions over his spine, this could force him to free fall. 4.9 is bad for any LB, its really bad for a guy that plays a position that depends on speed

pbmax
03-21-2013, 06:31 PM

the 245 pound 3-4 OLB ran a horrible 4.9 40

many teams already had questions over his spine, this could force him to free fall. 4.9 is bad for any LB, its really bad for a guy that plays a position that depends on speed

I am pretty sure all the talking heads have told me the most important parts of the combine are the interviews. Jones has publicly stated he is the best player in the draft. He has plenty of confidence and they don't use stopwatches in games.

Therefore Jones should be the #1 pick.

Smeefers
03-22-2013, 05:19 PM
I am pretty sure all the talking heads have told me the most important parts of the combine are the interviews. Jones has publicly stated he is the best player in the draft. He has plenty of confidence and they don't use stopwatches in games.

Therefore Jones should be the #1 pick.

We can only hope.

packrulz
03-24-2013, 06:47 AM
both numbers are freakish for a guy that tall. the 40 isvery impressive, i noticed in the game film that he gets out of his stance very fast

he's just missing football awareness and technique, and he's only missing those becase he only started playing the sport 3 years ago.

if he gets a good teacher/coach, he could be a elite player in 2 or 3 years
I would love to have Hunt, they could give him a year to develop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72SLCNaHJco

run pMc
03-25-2013, 03:39 PM
I would love to have Hunt
He'd be intimidating for the punt/FG block teams. I read somewhere he'll turn 26 during the season, and I wonder how much developing he'll do. That aside, where do you take him? I wouldn't touch him in R1 and maybe not even R2. Awfully big risk. I like the idea of a big lineman (DL more than OL) early, but he doesn't come to mind.

I admit to not watching much college football, but from the bits of GA football I've seen Ogletree jumped out at me more than Jenkins or Jones.

(I gotta give myself a reality check here: the draft is a month away, I have no idea what TT will do, and I don't want to be one of those people who overthink R4 picks and complain post-season about them being raw and needing to make 'the jump'. They're all gonna be rookies and they're gonna get schooled.)

woodbuck27
03-26-2013, 04:38 PM
http://lombardiave.com/2013/03/26/why-the-green-bay-packers-must-trade-their-first-round-pick/

Why the Green Bay Packers Must Trade their First Round Pick

Mar 26th, 2013 at 4:03 pm

by Dan Turczynski

run pMc
03-27-2013, 12:05 PM
http://lombardiave.com/2013/03/26/why-the-green-bay-packers-must-trade-their-first-round-pick/

Why the Green Bay Packers Must Trade their First Round Pick

Mar 26th, 2013 at 4:03 pm

by Dan Turczynski

Yeah, I've gone back and forth with this one...it seems like this is a draft where there's a lot of depth but few superstars, so trading back into the R2 and picking up an extra pick somewhere might make sense. Trading back 8 picks to get another R4 which you package with your own R4 to move up for a R3, for example. I think it depends on whether someone want to trade back into the late R1 and who is available for good value.

woodbuck27
03-27-2013, 01:20 PM
margus hunt was one of the major standouts of the combine

his upside is very intriguing

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/26/smus-margus-hunt-impresses-scouts-at-combine/

It'll be fun to watch if he's sitting on the board as we get down to our third round pick, #88 overall.

woodbuck27
03-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I've gone back and forth with this one...it seems like this is a draft where there's a lot of depth but few superstars, so trading back into the R2 and picking up an extra pick somewhere might make sense. Trading back 8 picks to get another R4 which you package with your own R4 to move up for a R3, for example. I think it depends on whether someone want to trade back into the late R1 and who is available for good value.

When I read this I was thinking the same as 3irty1. It might be a bit of a lineup waiting to successfully trade down. Ted Thompson better not procrastinate in consideration of that option. :whist:

Cheesehead Craig
03-27-2013, 04:13 PM
Any thoughts on Marcus Lattimore? He took part in the SC Pro Day and did rather well from reports. He is 5 months removed from his devastating knee injury. Perhaps he can pull an AP with the recovery?

Fritz
03-27-2013, 04:52 PM
The standard for knee recovery went through the roof with AP's story. Every guy who ever gets a knee injury from now on is going to hate AP.

The Shadow
03-27-2013, 05:48 PM
I would love to have Hunt, they could give him a year to develop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72SLCNaHJco

I agree. And I would not be at all hesitant to choose him with the 26th pick if Thompson sees the same intriguing characteristics I saw on tape.

woodbuck27
03-27-2013, 06:38 PM
It'll be fun to watch if he's ( DE Margus Hunt, SMU) sitting on the board as we get down to our third round pick, #88 overall.

He's graded at the 82nd position on NFL.Com today (Wed. 27 March 2013); yet all the same. Moving up Mock Draft Boards rapidly since his workouts. I just saw a Mock on NFL.Com that has him being picked by the NE Pat's in round 1 @ #29 overall.

** Rob Rang of NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM has him going in Round 1 @ #31 overall to San Francisco.

** http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

woodbuck27
03-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Any thoughts on Marcus Lattimore? He took part in the SC Pro Day and did rather well from reports. He is 5 months removed from his devastating knee injury. Perhaps he can pull an AP with the recovery?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/marcus-lattimore?id=2540174

Weaknesses:

" With back to back seasons ending in traumatic knee injuries, durability is a major red flag. There are also the questions of how his medicals will check out, and how much he will be able to contribute his rookie season. Even before his injuries, struggled to get into a second or third gear in order to break off longer gains." Fr. LINK

Today Wed. March 27, 2013:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/3/27/4152974/marcus-lattimore-pro-day-2013-nfl-draft-stock

Marcus Lattimore pro day: NFL Draft stock could rise after workout

By Adam Stites ... Mar 27 2013, 12:49p  @AdamBCC

3irty1
03-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Some of my favorite draft crushes are:

David Amerson | CB | NC State
6’1” 205 lbs
Has the length, experience, and demeanor to play safety although many teams are looking at him as a corner, similar to the draft situation of Nick Collins. Very special ball skills and led the NCAA in ints last year. In tandem with Burnett the Packers would have a pair of safeties who can win the game for you on a regular basis with turnovers alone. Is aggressive and willing to sacrifice his body at full speed.

Barrett Jones | C | Alabama
6'5" 310 lbs
Jones is the best scholar athlete in recent memory. He’s got the brains, speed, versatility, and size Ted looks for in a lineman. He can play 5/5 spots on the OL which goes a long way towards injury proofing the line.

Miguel Maysonet | RB | Stony Brook
5’9” 210 lbs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCW3sKo20rs&t=2m28s
As per him, the Packers are the team that have shown him the most interest and it makes sense. He ran behind a pretty lousy line against good competition on a couple of occasions and was able to produce. Best hands of any running back in the draft. Has a one-cut running style coveted by zone-blocking heavy schemes.

Kyle Juszczyk | FB | Harvard
6’1” 250 lbs
Versatile fullback with soft hands and the ability to lay some impressive decleating blocks. Juszczyk could be just the harvard gentleman to dethrone Kuhn as our team FB and free up a little money in the process.

Josh Boyce | WR | TCU
6’0” 209 lbs
If I were to double down on one guy on this list becoming a Packer it’d be Josh Boyce and not just because we have two 5th round picks. Josh is the ultimate Ted Thompson WR. He’s fast enough to be a deep threat (4.38 with a broken bone in his foot) but what makes him stand out are his ability to explode out of his cuts and his glue hands. He’s elusive yet physical with the ball in his hands. Think Donald Driver in his prime but with a little more speed and a little less ups.

swede
03-28-2013, 09:15 AM

6’1” 205 lbs
Has the length, experience, and demeanor to play safety although many teams are looking at him as a corner, similar to the draft situation of Nick Collins. Very special ball skills and led the NCAA in ints last year. In tandem with Burnett the Packers would have a pair of safeties who can win the game for you on a regular basis with turnovers alone. Is aggressive and willing to sacrifice his body at full speed.

6'5" 310 lbs
Jones is the best scholar athlete in recent memory. He’s got the brains, speed, versatility, and size Ted looks for in a lineman. He can play 5/5 spots on the OL which goes a long way towards injury proofing the line.

5’9” 210 lbs
As per him, the Packers are the team that have shown him the most interest and it makes sense. He ran behind a pretty lousy line against good competition on a couple of occasions and was able to produce. Best hands of any running back in the draft. Has a one-cut running style coveted by zone-blocking heavy schemes.

6’1” 250 lbs
Versatile fullback with soft hands and the ability to lay some impressive decleating blocks. Juszczyk could be just the harvard gentleman to dethrone Kuhn as our team FB and free up a little money in the process.

Josh Boyce | WR | TCU
6’0” 209 lbs
If I were to double down on one guy on this list becoming a Packer it’d be Josh Boyce and not just because we have two 5th round picks. Josh is the ultimate Ted Thompson WR. He’s fast enough to be a deep threat (4.38 with a broken bone in his foot) but what makes him stand out are his ability to explode out of his cuts and his glue hands. He’s elusive yet physical with the ball in his hands. Think Donald Driver in his prime but with a little more speed and a little less ups.

Very nice list.

I think the fans at Lambeau could get used to yelling "JOOS!" instead of "KUHN!" I'm rooting for the guy just so he can afford to buy a few more vowels.

This would be a good year to have two second and two third round picks. You could get a lot done.

Fritz
03-28-2013, 12:24 PM

Now that's a Ted pick if I ever saw one. Stony Brook? Isn't that a retirement village?

woodbuck27
03-28-2013, 12:37 PM

Now that's a Ted pick if I ever saw one. Stony Brook? Isn't that a retirement village?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCA0l4GXn3qpnbAr0xIIWfpeBmI71gQ A206CQ3Gw-3R4xoGsXMxg

It`s a .....

smuggler
03-29-2013, 12:21 AM
They have a dental and medical school. I know because I applied. :O

Fritz
03-29-2013, 06:18 AM
They have a dental and medical school at a retirement village?

Well, I guess that makes sense. You can have the students practice on the old folks.

But a football team? How old is this Stony Brook running back, then? 70?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7562FI0MjdCkilXnZXnOzXaoFY_aOV IQ9cPX59oHmRKv2HbQy9g

smuggler
03-29-2013, 10:55 AM
Eww. Gross. Ban that sick filth.

woodbuck27
03-29-2013, 11:05 AM
They have a dental and medical school at a retirement village?

Well, I guess that makes sense. You can have the students practice on the old folks.

But a football team? How old is this Stony Brook running back, then? 70?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7562FI0MjdCkilXnZXnOzXaoFY_aOV IQ9cPX59oHmRKv2HbQy9g

Right off the top.

I'd suggest 'at most' he should be a late round consideration.

Like....50 years ago.

packrulz
03-31-2013, 05:47 AM
Minter had a great pro day, he may have moved ahead of Ogletree, it looks like Te'o is slipping into the 2nd round: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21960240/lsu-pro-day-mingo-mathieu-stand-on-combine-times-minter-sparkles

woodbuck27
03-31-2013, 08:09 AM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000145961/article/pro-days-are-important-as-nfl-stars-like-victor-cruz-can-attest

Pro days are important, as NFL stars like Victor Cruz can attest

By Gil Brandt - Senior Analyst

Published: Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:41 a.m. Updated: March 1, 2013 at 02:59 p.m.

2013 pro days schedule and analysis

NFL.com ... Published: Updated: March 29, 2013 at 05:55 p.m.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000136391/article/2013-pro-days-schedule

woodbuck27
03-31-2013, 09:30 AM
Want to see some strength?

http://www.laurierathletics.com/peopleprofile.php?PCID=16481&PeopleID=7513

Michael Knill was anxious to prove he was the strongest college football player in North America and wanted to smash the bench press record at the CFL Evaluation Camp in March, 2011.

Check out Michael Knill (Mar. 05, 2011) who played College football with Sir Wilfrid Laurier Golden Hawks and smashed the CFL combine record of 40 bench press repetitions, set in 2010 by another Golden Hawk, running back Mike Montoya.

Count them ! Are you impressed?

Incidently the NFL record is ** 53 bench press's at 225 lbs.

** Mark Henry, 2013, 53 repetitions;? Ryback ?, 2013, 53 repetitions; Justin Ernest, 1999, 51 repetitions; Stephen Paea, 2011, 49 repetitions
Leif Larsen, 2000, 45 repetitions; Mike Kudla, 2006, 45 repetitions; and
Mitch Petrus, 2010, 45 repetitions have had the top results in history.

I'm seeing only a dozen prospects that racked up over 40 repititions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Scouting_Combine#Bench_press_records

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/cfl/blog/cfl_experts/post/Will-Michael-Knill-s-E-Camp-record-help-his-draf?urn=cfl-330132

Michael Knill was drafted into the CFL by the Toronto Argonauts on May 08, 2011. He's not listed anywhere on their roster for 2011. I'm trying to determine what happened to Michael Knill.

The CFL 'prospects' Combine just wraped up (last week) If you'd care to see some results. NFL teams are paying attention to what's available north of the USA border.

http://www.cfl.ca/prospects

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
03-31-2013, 11:25 AM

6’1” 205 lbs

6'5" 310 lbs

5’9” 210 lbs

6’1” 250 lbs

Josh Boyce | WR | TCU
6’0” 209 lbs

I checked Miguel Maysonet out this morning. Impressive!

That young man literally disappears in a crowd and keeps on truckin'. Video on him is fun to watch.

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
03-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Minter had a great pro day, he may have moved ahead of Ogletree, it looks like Te'o is slipping into the 2nd round: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21960240/lsu-pro-day-mingo-mathieu-stand-on-combine-times-minter-sparkles

There are reasons why Kevin Minter might well be picked ahead of Alec Ogletree and Manti Te'o. It may be as a result of more than measurables. His Pro Day certainly helped make that watch interesting.

Linebacker Kevin Minter's Pro Day featured an outstanding performance and upgrade over his Combine results. His 4.81 40-yard dash at the combine, improved to 4.67. Add in a 34.5-inch vertical jump, 7.37 three-cone drill and 4.47 short shuttle. He also looked impressive in the linebacker drills.

The thing with ILB Kevin Minter is that he's been a leader on a terrific college football team. A class act on and off the field.

Up to that performance he had been showing up behind ILB's Ogletree and Te'o in mocks; but come next week that may change. For that to be a reality Kevin Minter has to move up about 10-12 spots. That's a big move.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
04-01-2013, 02:11 PM
There are reasons why Kevin Minter might well be picked ahead of Alec Ogletree and Manti Te'o. It may be as a result of more than measurables. His Pro Day certainly helped make that watch interesting.

Linebacker Kevin Minter's Pro Day featured an outstanding performance and upgrade over his Combine results. His 4.81 40-yard dash at the combine, improved to 4.67. Add in a 34.5-inch vertical jump, 7.37 three-cone drill and 4.47 short shuttle. He also looked impressive in the linebacker drills.

The thing with ILB Kevin Minter is that he's been a leader on a terrific college football team. A class act on and off the field.

Up to that performance he had been showing up behind ILB's Ogletree and Te'o in mocks; but come next week that may change. For that to be a reality Kevin Minter has to move up about 10-12 spots. That's a big move.

GO PACKERS !

Here some of the latest on prospects moving up after their Pro Day and specifically at the ILB position.

The new potential leader here (at ILB) is Kansas State linebacker Arthur Brown.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/1/4170772/2013-nfl-draft-arthur-brown-stock

NFL Draft 2013: Arthur Brown positioned as 1st round selection

By James Brady on Apr 1 2013, 1:17 PM

packrulz
04-02-2013, 04:52 AM
I think there will be better players available at DT/DE but I do think Brown might go in the first round, he can cover and he has good speed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF4RI6W-rPw

Fritz
04-02-2013, 05:20 AM
Here some of the latest on prospects moving up after their Pro Day and specifically at the ILB position.

The new potential leader here (at ILB) is Kansas State linebacker Arthur Brown.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/1/4170772/2013-nfl-draft-arthur-brown-stock

NFL Draft 2013: Arthur Brown positioned as 1st round selection

By James Brady on Apr 1 2013, 1:17 PM

He doesn't look like such a solid citizen to me. Sounds like he lives in The Crazy World of Arthur Brown.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b7/Arthur_Brown_Fire.png/220px-Arthur_Brown_Fire.png

3irty1
04-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Arthur Brown doesn't create enough turnovers for my taste. He's going to be a 3 down linebacker and get a ton of tackles but that's pretty much AJ Hawk.

woodbuck27
04-03-2013, 05:34 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1589838-the-hardest-hitters-in-the-2013-nfl-draft-class?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl#/articles/1589838-the-hardest-hitters-in-the-2013-nfl-draft-class

Comment woodbuck27:

Check out FS TJ McDonald (Page 3); SS Matt Elam (page 4);
LB Kevin Minter (page 7); SS DJ Swearinger (page 9)
and FS Eric Reid (page 10).

We might end up with any of these prospects. SS Matt Elam is certainly being connected to us and as a possible first round pick.

TJ McDonald is an impressive athlete with a solid NFL bloodline - a playmaker. His father, Tim McDonald also attended USC and played 13 years in the National Football League.

What do you think of SS DJ Swearinger? He plays it tough.

Do you like any of these guys?

The Hardest Hitters in the 2013 NFL Draft Class

By Erik Frenz (AFC East Lead Writer) ... April 3, 2013

red
04-03-2013, 07:58 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1589838-the-hardest-hitters-in-the-2013-nfl-draft-class?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl#/articles/1589838-the-hardest-hitters-in-the-2013-nfl-draft-class

Comment woodbuck27:

Check out FS TJ McDonald (Page 3); SS Matt Elam (page 4);
LB Kevin Minter (page 7); SS DJ Swearinger (page 9)
and FS Eric Reid (page 10).

We might end up with any of these prospects. SS Matt Elam is certainly being connected to us and as a possible first round pick.

TJ McDonald is an impressive athlete with a solid NFL bloodline - a playmaker. His father, Tim McDonald also attended USC and played 13 years in the National Football League.

What do you think of SS DJ Swearinger? He plays it tough.

Do you like any of these guys?

The Hardest Hitters in the 2013 NFL Draft Class

By Erik Frenz (AFC East Lead Writer) ... April 3, 2013

i really have a hard time believing that TT would draft a safety as short as matt elam (5'10 on a good day)

Joemailman
04-03-2013, 08:11 PM
i really have a hard time believing that TT would draft a safety as short as matt elam (5'10 on a good day)

Not sure if the height would be a disqualifier. Collins was only 5-11. However, he seems a reach at #26.

woodbuck27
04-03-2013, 08:35 PM

I'd be surprized also if SS Matt Elam is TT's pick ay #26.

'When in Rome do as .....'

With all the action that will go on with DL picks. That's where TT might best pick his BPA.

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
04-06-2013, 07:40 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2013meetingsteams.php

2013 NFL Draft Prospect Meetings: Sorted by Team:

Green Bay Packers:

Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU (COM) *** #3 Ranked DE @ nfldraftscout.co (Typ.)

Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State (INT) *** #9 Ranked RB

Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati (COM) *** #5 Ranked TE

Brendan Melanophy, DB, Fordham (PRO) *** #59 Ranked SS

Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M (VINT) *** # 8 Ranked RB

Ryan Otten, TE, San Jose State (COM) *** #10 Ranked TE

Randy Richards, OL, Missouri State (PRO) *** #35 Ranked OG

Eric Rogers, WR, Cal Lutheran (PRO) *** #85 Ranked WR

Jared Smith, DL, New Hampshire (COM) *** #22 Ranked DT

Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame (COM) *** #2 Ranked ILB

Derrick Washington, RB, Tuskegee (INT) *** #55 Ranked RB

Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State (COM) *** #1 Ranked DE

LEGEND:

COM - Combine meeting.
INT - Interested.
VINT - Very Interested.
PRO - Pro Day meeting.

PACKERS !

red
04-06-2013, 09:32 PM
packers may, or may not, be interested in David Quessenberry/ a LT that can play all 5 OL positions, and TE

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/06/versatile-offensive-lineman-catches-packers-eye/

woodbuck27
04-07-2013, 07:50 AM
packers may, or may not, be interested in David Quessenberry/ a LT that can play all 5 OL positions, and TE

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/06/versatile-offensive-lineman-catches-packers-eye/

If Ted Thompson really likes David Quessenberry he had better be a little less Ted Thompson and get it in gear. Ted Thompson is slow. Isn't that why he targets so many unknowns? Doesn't that take some of the pressure/heat off !?

Message to Ted Thompson:

You have to simply beat the clock Ted not reinvent it.

Any prospect that can play all 5 positions on the OL is as rare as hen's teeth. I'm very sure that David 'what's a quessenberry' Quessenberry. Has caught the attention of any GM that utilizes such a player on his roster.

GO TED GO !

woodbuck27
04-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Comment woodbuck27:

I'm seeing draft prospects this year, with a lineage that includes fathers and other close relatives with NFL careers. One example is a top five ranked FS (nfldraftscout.com), TJ McDonald, USC. The son of Tim McDonald who attended USC and played 13 years in the NFL.

Sometimes, the apple falls 'far' from the tree.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/06/sons-of-joe-montana-cris-carter-hoping-for-nfl-shot/

Sons of Joe Montana, Cris Carter hoping for NFL shot.

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 6, 2013, 3:43 PM EDT

RashanGary
04-07-2013, 12:19 PM
going back to the safety discussion. . . i like matt elam in the top 40 picks and im a big fan of rontez miles as a mid round type. I like playmakers at the safety position, so i downgrade a lot of the safeties in this draft, even tho there may be a lot of good ones. Im more concerned with fimding a great one.

woodbuck27
04-07-2013, 12:59 PM
going back to the safety discussion. . . i like matt elam in the top 40 picks and im a big fan of rontez miles as a mid round type. I like playmakers at the safety position, so i downgrade a lot of the safeties in this draft, even tho there may be a lot of good ones. Im more concerned with fimding a great one.

As I see it here's the priorities when a team is building through the draft.

QB:

Aaron Rodgers ... Check.

DL/DT:

We have need there.

DE/OLB:

Getting down to real and rush end/OLB. We need to see if Nick Price is the acceptable compliment to Clay Matthews. Another solid DE/OLB is certainly good. It always comes down to value and that Vs a need priority.

Now I see more priority need on our DL. Ted Thompson keeps returning ILBers. Yet we might see a pick there. You never know with Ted Thompson. You simply need to watch the show and take it all in stride. Get real and don't be afraid to be the fan that has some vision/perspective based in your honest efforts to discern some truth.

WR:

Playmakers at WR. We've got three in James Jones, Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb. Another one has to develop fast and should be picked in this draft.

DB:

Our CB's are decent but if there is a true value pick available TT has to jump on that CB.

For us right now it's a ballhawk at safety. A man that patrols/controls the mid field with a vengence. Morgan Burnett is developing but we need more at FS. I want to see a fearsome hitter drafted or otherwise...forget that...drafted to fill that role.

We need a SS that looks and hits like a SS. A player that can consistently and effectively tackle. I'm not seeing that SS on our roster yet. I'm sick of this silly willy type of SS that looks like he might star on some small College team; and 'no way' that translates to anything big in the NFL.

You don't pit a lightweight against a heavyweight in a championship bout. Your HC or DC/OC or 'any coach' ... isn't a 'miracle worker'.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
04-08-2013, 10:56 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/201874891.html

Mock drafts: Tyler Eifert (2X), Eddie Lacy (3X) still at the head of the pack[/B]

" Here's what Russ Lande of the National Football Post had to say about the Packers and Lacy:

The Packers have a number of holes that need to be filled, but they have struggled to control games with their rushing attack once they get a good lead. Lacy is not a premier running back prospect, but he is a strong and physical runner who can wear down defenses with his running style." Fr. LINK

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
04-08-2013, 11:13 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/201722941.html

Draft Profile: TE (Ryan) Otten overcomes infection, sees Packers as fit

By Tyler Dunne of the Journal Sentinel ... April 5, 2013

Comment woodbuck27:

The Packers may decide to address positions such as S or DE early in this draft. Ryan Otten, Rice's Vance McDonald and Colorado's Nick Kasa are options in later rounds.

Ryan Otten would enjoy joining fellow San Jose State alum James Jones in Green Bay, a good match for him.

Quotes Fr. Ryan Otten:

“Absolutely. I feel the Green Bay offense is perfect for my game”

“I just feel with the way they like to spread people out and attack them, they line their tight ends up in a lot of different places, do a lot of different things and throw the ball a lot with Aaron Rodgers. I feel I could help that team a lot."

“Green Bay would probably be one of my top choices if I could pick anywhere.”

GO PACKERS !

Guiness
04-09-2013, 09:14 AM
The Lions are apparently interested in Chance Warmack, a guard with the #5 pick! Go Loins!:jig:

woodbuck27
04-09-2013, 02:52 PM
The Lions are apparently interested in Chance Warmack, a guard with the #5 pick! Go Loins!:jig:

Not a good year to have a top '10 -15' pick.

woodbuck27
04-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Comment woodbuck27:

What do you make of this? Can anyone here try to get some acccurate time on this fella?

I don't have a stop watch or anything of the sort but 'one Mississippi - two Mississippi'.....three....four...

I'm getting around 4 Mississippi and faaauuhhh...... Is that 4.19 seconds?

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/03/04/13/WR-Sinkfield-runs-blazing-419-40-yard-da/landing_gophers.html?blockID=873523

WR Terrell Sinkfield runs blazing 4.19 40-yard dash

Comment cont'd:

Maybe look at this 'prospect', or is that too complimentry?

Save Jarrett Bush (8 years) CAP Money $1.783 million$ - minus $405 K$. Maybe our next 'Gunner ! Work with him on kick returns and /or punt returns.

Here's more and Patler ...You'll enjoy this:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2013/03/06/terrell-sinkfields-4-19-40-yard-dash-and-the-role-of-analytics-in-assessing-physical-cognitive-mental-abilities-of-aspiring-athletes/

3/06/2013 @ 1:09PM

Terrell Sinkfield's 4.19 40-Yard Dash and The Role of Analytics in Assessing Physical, Cognitive, Mental Abilities of Aspiring Athletes

By: Dr. Patrick Rishe

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
04-09-2013, 10:08 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158605/article/nfc-north-draft-needs-manti-teo-could-solve-bears-lb-issues

NFC North draft needs

and:

Latest NFL.Com Mock Drafts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158165/article/kansas-city-chiefs-2013-firstround-mock-draft

PACKERS !

wist43
04-10-2013, 01:21 AM

Warmack is a 'can't miss'... outstanding player.

smuggler
04-10-2013, 03:30 AM
Yeah, I will be pissed if the Lions take Warmack. I want them to take someone that might bust. Heh.

red
04-16-2013, 07:07 PM
i'm starting to see more and more mocks having us taking menelik watson, and the more i look into him, the more i like the idea

i can step right in and be either your LT of the future, or if sherrod gets healthy, he can be your new LG of the future

big strong smart athletic guy

smuggler
04-16-2013, 10:51 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that we will be trading down into the 35-40 range, but I'm not sure if I like the idea.

George Cumby
04-17-2013, 12:34 AM
I have a sneaking suspicion that we will be trading down into the 35-40 range, but I'm not sure if I like the idea.

Agree. Lots of value still there and pick up another pick or two.

packrulz
04-17-2013, 05:01 AM
Unlike the past two years, the 2013 draft sets up better for teams picking late.

So says John Elway, whose Broncos pick 28th overall.

"The draft this year is not top-heavy," Denver's executive vice president of football operations told the Denver Post. "So we feel like we can get as good a player at No. 28 as we could at 10.

“It's not like last year with (Andrew) Luck and RG3 (Robert Griffin III)," Elway said. "The year before with Von (Miller) and (Marcell) Dareus and A.J. Green and Patrick Peterson -- loaded top end. This is probably a deeper draft, but not nearly as many top impact guys."

All eight CBSSports.com draft experts expect Denver to take a defensive lineman in the first round, either Ohio State DT Johnathan Hankins, Alabama DT Jesse Williams or UCLA DE Datone Jones.

The Broncos lost defensive end Elvis Dumervil to the Ravens in strange fashion, but still could sign Dwight Freeney to replace him.

Denver also will be looking at cornerbacks and running backs early in the draft.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22071400/john-elway-picking-28th-just-as-good-as-10th-

Fritz
04-17-2013, 05:52 AM
Unlike the past two years, the 2013 draft sets up better for teams picking late.

So says John Elway, whose Broncos pick 28th overall.

"The draft this year is not top-heavy," Denver's executive vice president of football operations told the Denver Post. "So we feel like we can get as good a player at No. 28 as we could at 10.

“It's not like last year with (Andrew) Luck and RG3 (Robert Griffin III)," Elway said. "The year before with Von (Miller) and (Marcell) Dareus and A.J. Green and Patrick Peterson -- loaded top end. This is probably a deeper draft, but not nearly as many top impact guys."

All eight CBSSports.com draft experts expect Denver to take a defensive lineman in the first round, either Ohio State DT Johnathan Hankins, Alabama DT Jesse Williams or UCLA DE Datone Jones.

The Broncos lost defensive end Elvis Dumervil to the Ravens in strange fashion, but still could sign Dwight Freeney to replace him.

Denver also will be looking at cornerbacks and running backs early in the draft.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22071400/john-elway-picking-28th-just-as-good-as-10th-

My hope is that the Packers snag one of the aforementioned Defensive linemen.

Freak Out
04-17-2013, 06:53 PM
I saw a mock with the Packers taking the TE from Notre Dame in the 1st. Being unable to stomach watching a Golden Domer game of any kind :satan: I have no clue about this guy. Could he come in and start? He sounds like he could become a game changer but would you grab him in the 1st? I am also really intrigued about Olgetree...got some problems to work through but it's hard to ignore that kind of talent if it's there at 26.

gbgary
04-17-2013, 07:04 PM
i'm hoping for a dl or ol stud. either will make that side of the ball much better.

HarveyWallbangers
04-19-2013, 01:29 AM
Please, no Eddie Lacey. I'm with Kiper. Unless it's an obvious game changer (Barry Sanders, Adrian Peterson), I don't want an RB in round one. Lacey looks lumbering to me. The way he runs reminds me of Cedric Benson.

HarveyWallbangers
04-19-2013, 01:30 AM
Last year, somebod posted the measurables that TT usually goes with at each position. I'd like to see those stats again, and see who in the draft fits the bill.

rbaloha1
04-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Agree -- no Lacy since the both lines need fixing.

Joemailman
04-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Reports that Jets/Bucs trade going through if Revis passes physical.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9195939/new-york-jets-trade-darrelle-revis-tampa-bay-buccaneers-pending-physical-source

The Jets will receive multiple draft picks, including the 13th overall choice, from the Buccaneers if Revis passes his physical. The Jets already own the ninth pick, setting themselves up to add two potential impact players.

swede
04-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Reports that Jets/Bucs trade going through if Revis passes physical.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9195939/new-york-jets-trade-darrelle-revis-tampa-bay-buccaneers-pending-physical-source

The Jets will receive multiple draft picks, including the 13th overall choice, from the Buccaneers if Revis passes his physical. The Jets already own the ninth pick, setting themselves up to add two potential impact players.

Two Jets picks oughta push talent down to us.

woodbuck27
04-21-2013, 04:22 PM
I saw a mock with the Packers taking the TE from Notre Dame in the 1st. Being unable to stomach watching a Golden Domer game of any kind :satan: I have no clue about this guy. Could he come in and start? He sounds like he could become a game changer but would you grab him in the 1st? I am also really intrigued about Olgetree...got some problems to work through but it's hard to ignore that kind of talent if it's there at 26.

That would be like:

http://thelakes.net.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Balloon-burst.jpg

That's a balloon .... that's right.

woodbuck27
04-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Two Jets picks oughta push talent down to us.

swede...swede...swede

Did your Mommy ever say 'you've been a bad boy!' ?

woodbuck27
04-21-2013, 08:03 PM
With the 26th Pick in the First round The Green Bay Packers proudly Pick......

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/4/8/4192860/2013-nfl-mock-draft-three-rounds-geno-smith-tavon-austin?utm_source=sbnation&utm_medium=nextclicks&utm_campaign=articlebottom

Comment woodbuck27:

We we're thinking that the Vikings would have our boy at Pick #23 or #25 with them going WR in the other.

Nope ! In this Mock he slips to Ted.

GO Ted GO !

rbaloha1
04-21-2013, 08:11 PM
With the 26th Pick in the First round The Green Bay Packers proudly Pick......

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/4/8/4192860/2013-nfl-mock-draft-three-rounds-geno-smith-tavon-austin?utm_source=sbnation&utm_medium=nextclicks&utm_campaign=articlebottom

Comment woodbuck27:

We we're thinking that the Vikings would have our boy at Pick #23 or #25 with them going WR in the other.

Nope ! In this Mock he slips to Ted.

GO Ted GO !

Teo -- great upgrade from hawk.

lofa tatupu ii who i think tt drafted while he was with the seahawks.

red
04-21-2013, 08:14 PM
i'm thinking

teo=hawk

just slower, and with more baggage

rbaloha1
04-21-2013, 08:23 PM
i'm thinking

teo=hawk

no way -- better instincts and throws body around. 40 time is meaningless as Teo plays fast.

The catfish stuff is done.

woodbuck27
04-21-2013, 08:46 PM
i'm thinking

teo=hawk

I'm was thinking that the author,Matthew Fairburn, has a rather unique sense of humor. At least that's how his mock spoke to me until I studied it closer.

With the Vikings looking at DT Shariff Floyd dropping like a depth charge it leaves Lber and WR as the next two Minny needs. Mocks have had LB Arthur Brown going before ILB Manti Te'o and (next ranked ILB) Kevin Minter. That leaves Minny and WR for later in the draft; where there are plenty of quality WR's.

So there's Manti Te'o. This might surprize Packer fans that believe that SS ILB isn't one of the top four priorities. Is SS ILB at #26 TT's smartest move?

I don't believe it is.

Looking at this mock he would do better selecting 3-4 OLB Damontre Moore a 3rd priority That, after #1 priority 3-4 DE and #2 priority (if you buy it) SS.

We already have about two mitts at LB. Isn't it crowded enough to go right there at #26?

Then I came back to this after thinking where did the author have 3-4 DE Datone Jones going?

Datone Jones,UCLA is falling all the way to the first celler to pick #53. We get C Travis Frederick at #55. Another... not a priority pick ... after our
first priority guy is available at pick # 52 (3-4 DE Datone Jones).

This man 'the author - Matthew Fairburn' has the potential to one day author something better than 'Alice In Wonderland'.

GO Ted GO !

rbaloha1
04-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Outside of Hawk, TT is usually good at selecting lbs.

Trust TT if Teo is selected.

woodbuck27
04-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Outside of Hawk, TT is usually good at selecting lbs.

Trust TT if Teo is selected.

Well ..... isn't this the TRUTH.

I'm (we're) going to have to. Just like any Packer fan that lives in an apartment risks eviction if TT picks Manti Te'o at #26.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzriGxlKtX_VQ5LD_ixqJegCvEpYPoj 8XPvXRjI5vy-r83ivHi

That fan better be at some bar.

PACKERS !

rbaloha1
04-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Well ..... isn't this the TRUTH.

I'm (we're) going to have to. Just like any Packer fan that lives in an apartment risks eviction if TT picks Manti Te'o at #26.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzriGxlKtX_VQ5LD_ixqJegCvEpYPoj 8XPvXRjI5vy-r83ivHi

That fan better be at some bar.

PACKERS !

What about Arthur Brown?

woodbuck27
04-21-2013, 09:34 PM
What about Arthur Brown?

TT has higher priorities at:

#1 ... 3-4 DE ie Datone Jones... you just read this:

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/datone-jones-an-enigma-as-3-4-defensive-line-prospect

#2 ... SS ie Eric Reid FS/SS;Matt Elam; JJ Wilcox;Shawn Williams

#3 ... 3-4 OLB ie Damontre Moore

#4 ... LT (OL) ie Menelik Watson; Terron Armstead; Justin Pugh; David Bakhtiari; David Quessenberry

DT and in this Mock Sylvester Williams is available after pick #43. I don't see that. Many mocks have this big man going before our #26 pick.

The Shadow
04-21-2013, 10:16 PM
Here's an illuminating tape on Arthur Brown :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCTaxGhRC5M

His world may just be a bit too crazy.

swede
04-21-2013, 10:59 PM
swede...swede...swede

Did your Mommy ever say 'you've been a bad boy!' ?

Yeah, all the time...to the mailman for some reason.

woodbuck27
04-22-2013, 03:34 AM
Yeah, all the time...to the mailman for some reason.

Ohh Dear !

woodbuck27
04-22-2013, 09:02 AM
Because of the Darrell Revis trade from the NY Jets >>>The Tampa Bay BUCS on Sunday April 2, 2013

the New York Jets now own the 13th Pick in Rd. 1 as well as their original #9 pick.

The New York Jets pick at:#9 and #13 ... April 25, 2013.

Freak Out
04-22-2013, 06:42 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/43048/325/norris-updated-top-151

Freak Out
04-22-2013, 06:43 PM
Here's an illuminating tape on Arthur Brown :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCTaxGhRC5M

His world may just be a bit too crazy.

That song has always annoyed me....it is even more annoying in the video format.

pbmax
04-22-2013, 08:41 PM
I always thought the God of Hellfire brought me Closet Classics.

Freak Out
04-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Any opinions on the top receivers in this draft? I see the USC (Wood?) guy is thrown around here...and of course saw him tear up the Duck D again but what about Hopkins? If the guy is there at 26 do you take a shot? I know it's not a need but the guy is a freak.

rbaloha1
04-22-2013, 09:30 PM
Any opinions on the top receivers in this draft? I see the USC (Wood?) guy is thrown around here...and of course saw him tear up the Duck D again but what about Hopkins? If the guy is there at 26 do you take a shot? I know it's not a need but the guy is a freak.

imo woods is overrated. Lee the other SC receiver is better but is coming out next year. My preferences are The LA Tech receiver or the Oregon State receiver.

Joemailman
04-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Quinton Patton Of La Tech. Good size, runs good routes, blocks well downfield. Good but not great speed. Could be a available when the Packers pick n the 2nd round, which is when TT likes to draft his WR's.

wist43
04-23-2013, 01:14 AM
Quinton Patton Of La Tech. Good size, runs good routes, blocks well downfield. Good but not great speed. Could be a available when the Packers pick n the 2nd round, which is when TT likes to draft his WR's.

I thought the same thing.

I agree... I like Patton best among those guys ranked in that 2nd round range. He would be a nice replacement for Jennings. The more I watched him, the more I figured he'd be TT's pick at 55.

He has a little trouble seperating at the top of his tree, but he makes up for that by using his hands very well in creating some seperation.

packrulz
04-23-2013, 05:26 AM
I'd rather TT draft defense or running back (Lacy) in the first round, if he wants a receiver he could just draft Tyler Eifert, and line him up at WR when needed.

smuggler
04-23-2013, 09:17 AM
I like Markus Wheaton in the 3rd round. He's got decent size and has very nice cuts and good speed. If his hands are solid, he could be a sleeper.

rbaloha1
04-23-2013, 09:26 AM
I like Markus Wheaton in the 3rd round. He's got decent size and has very nice cuts and good speed. If his hands are solid, he could be a sleeper.

yup and comes from a pro style offense.

pbmax
04-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h
Teams that have made calls about moving back in draft include PHIL, DET, CLEV, BUFF, MIA. Doing what they should.

Fritz
04-23-2013, 12:55 PM
I thought the same thing.

I agree... I like Patton best among those guys ranked in that 2nd round range. He would be a nice replacement for Jennings. The more I watched him, the more I figured he'd be TT's pick at 55.

He has a little trouble seperating at the top of his tree, but he makes up for that by using his hands very well in creating some seperation.

Draft this guy. No trouble separating at the top of his tree.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrXRBe-_5mX3718KXvWRbvhude5CEpxEKCWJ6Uyu-NYadYrwtG

As for drafting certain positions in certain rounds.....GM's are human beings, after all, and possibly Ted is human, too, so I wonder if maybe he's got a little superstition that taking a wide receiver in the second round will pan out for him.

smuggler
04-23-2013, 01:47 PM
To be honest, it's probably a bit more of a chicken/egg thing with GB. If we draft any WR with talent, we will most likely make him effective because we have a great QB and our WR position coaching is rock solid.

Freak Out
04-23-2013, 03:04 PM
Hell....we should just draft all offense.

packrulz
04-24-2013, 05:18 AM
This is kind of a weak draft, maybe because so many juniors have been entering the last few years.
QB grade: D. Possibly no first round picks.
OL grade: B. Some gems, but no sure studs.
WR grade: C. Good size/speed but there are question marks.
TE grade: A. This is the best TE crop in years. Deep.
RB grade: C. Possibly no first round picks.
DL grade: B. Some good ones but questionable health/weight issues.
LB grade: C. Average with off field issues.
S grade: C. Average. No Nick Collins here.
CB grade: C. Some with size/speed but questionable attitude.

Patler
04-24-2013, 05:34 AM
Can TT trade the entire draft for picks next year? Wouldn't have to be all to the same team.

Fritz
04-24-2013, 06:33 AM
Can TT trade the entire draft for picks next year? Wouldn't have to be all to the same team.

Here's another fun scenario: TT trades back to the end of the first round. Then he trades back into the second. Then back to the end of the second...then back, and back, and back, until his first pick is in the fourth round, he has three picks in the fourth through the seventh, plus extra picks in next year's draft in the second, third, and fourth rounds...

How frustrated would we be? No picks for three rounds!

woodbuck27
04-24-2013, 06:54 AM

My take on sure has changed over that last few days.That move by the Jets to trade Revis and getting a second 1st Rd. pick at #13 has made a diffference. It appears that three prospects have moved solidly into the 1st rd as well.

It might get even wilder if the 49ers package some of the 12 picks (70% of which won't be of the caliber to make any real impact on their roster anyway). The 49ers have such power to make another positive move, as a result of having much wampum in picks. The rich get richer.

I wonder if TT will continue to freeze on a certain need for more at DT with that #55 pick? With TT not loving DT Jon Jenkins at Pick #55. Without trading down from Pick #55 into the top of Rd. 3. He'll not come away with either DT Jon Jenkins or DT Brandon Williams.

If TT ignores need at DT.

Note: TT has a solid chance of going 'Rush DE' at #26. That may steer him away from going bigger on our DL early in this draft.

If TT ignores 'Big' on the DL (DT) after Rd. 1 Pick #26; or his strongest play. Trading down from Rd. 1 pick #26, to a team hungry for the next best QB (after Geno Smith); or even Geno Smith, if the Eagles and Jets pass on him.

He'll have options for our OL at either tackle position at Pick #55. He's got to be concerned there.

His NO.1 priority. Keeping Aaron Rodgers standing after 51 Sacks last season. Nothing else must have higher priority in this draft, given that he ignored that in FA.

Ted Thompson has neglected obvious need and FA on both the OL and DL.

Other less important priorities would be served with TT picking either RB or WR at Pick #55 or again trading down into Rd. 3.

Solid offensive weapons on 'O' that TT should have a choice of at Pick #55 include:

Maybe? WR Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech or Terrance Williams, Baylor and Ryan Swope, Texas A&M.

Maybe? one or two of >>> RB's Giovani Bernard, N. Carolina; Eddie Lacy, Alabama or Johnathan Franklin,UCLA.

GO TED GO !

woodbuck27
04-24-2013, 06:57 AM
Here's another fun scenario: TT trades back to the end of the first round. Then he trades back into the second. Then back to the end of the second...then back, and back, and back, until his first pick is in the fourth round, he has three picks in the fourth through the seventh, plus extra picks in next year's draft in the second, third, and fourth rounds...

How frustrated would we be? No picks for three rounds!

Packer fan hair blowing all over North America. :-D

woodbuck27
04-24-2013, 07:25 AM

Why not. Sure Patler ... Ted Thompson could maintain.... his newest 'status quo'.

Not doing much more than 'Dick All ' in this off season.

Except spend too much CAP in one case or JF and to keep on a truckin' with scads more for CM.

I have to get this out there Patler and your post begs it.

When wil Aaron Rodgers get off his 'high horse' and settle. Every day that Aaron Rodgers delays signing his '$$$Huge Contract$$$'; tells a growing tale of who he really is. How much will his giant ego shred our CAP?

I hope that TT doesn't budge on much more than $20.2 Million$ per season for 'even' Aaron Rodgers. That tale out there of some ridiculous $25 million$/year contract; better just be media hype.

If TT even offered $21 million$ it would mean that Aaron Rodgers doesn't think that's enough. I believe that Clay Matthews, simply got sick of the waiting and signed for a solid TT offer.

By Aaron Rodgers waiting and waiting >>> more waiting. Simply grows worse or more telling on who he really is.

I'll post something soon that I found very funny. It's a damn good thing that this draft offers little in the form of a real 'Franchise QB'. Aaron Rodgers is just one really solid hit away from too many stars and never the same.

I hope that TT has that fact of concern firmly in mind; in terms of his contract offer to Aaron Rodgers.

GO Ted GO !

woodbuck27
04-24-2013, 07:34 AM
Ohh My Gosh!! At the podium.... Tomorrow evening !

Ted Thompson and 'the Green Bay Packers' with the 26th pick in the 2013 Draft, proudly selects:

Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/04/23/2013-nfl-mock-draft-final-version-with-joeckel-fisher-going-1-2-and-the-jets-getting-mingo-and-eifert/?source=top-modules

rbaloha1
04-24-2013, 09:28 AM
Ohh My Gosh!! At the podium.... Tomorrow evening !

Ted Thompson and 'the Green Bay Packers' with the 26th pick in the 2013 Draft, proudly selects:

Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/04/23/2013-nfl-mock-draft-final-version-with-joeckel-fisher-going-1-2-and-the-jets-getting-mingo-and-eifert/?source=top-modules

ignore this stuff. why does anyone predict the packers to take a qb in round one?

The Shadow
04-24-2013, 10:59 AM
I still am hoping that Ted gambles on a unique talent & selects DE Margus Hunt.

rbaloha1
04-24-2013, 11:22 AM
I still am hoping that Ted gambles on a unique talent & selects DE Margus Hunt.

big fan. blocks field goals as well. tough decision if lacy and reid are still around

smuggler
04-24-2013, 11:30 AM
ignore this stuff. why does anyone predict the packers to take a qb in round one?

If you actually read the explanation of the pick (and the Broncos taking Nassib at #28) you would learn that in this scenario, the Packers have traded down and the team they traded with drafted Geno Smith. That would be amazing, and I would be ecstatic.

woodbuck27
04-24-2013, 01:57 PM

There was a joke in there. The author was having a bit of fun. The author clearly states that he beieves that TT will trade down into the second.

ie As a result get another 3rd Rd. pick. with the #26 pick ... not use it on any QB. See the * beside that mock pick at #26.

PACKERS !