PDA

View Full Version : NICK PERRY............and his MINDSET

Bretsky
01-19-2013, 06:14 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-excited-by-perrys-potential-048eda1-187557591.html

An interesting article on a dude with talent who Greene noted a few times needed the right mindset

Huge potential here.....but not the ideal fit for a 3-4 as many had already noted

Articles notes flashes of greatness and plenty of inconsistency in college.

I'm hoping the right mindset refers to being confident as opposed to sometimes taking plays off

Brando19
01-19-2013, 08:48 AM
I wonder how Clay would do in a 4-3? If he would do as good as he does now...it's kind of intriguing.

pbmax
01-19-2013, 09:26 AM
Its hard to take an article seriously when a player with 2 sacks and 18 tackles in six games is compared to a player who had 0 sacks and 16 tackles is 45 games.

In fact, it makes me doubt all the rest of the article.

I do believe he edge speed was overrated OR it was really coached out of him. His highlights and the draft talk all talked about how he needed a second move to go with speed off the edge, but I saw power off the edge and no speed move. He has decent quickness, so getting outside seems within his reach.

He did fine for 6 games and will learn more. I am more concerned about injuries.

rbaloha1
01-19-2013, 09:29 AM
Again NP needs to be paired inside with Bishop. DJ Smith is a good Dexter Coakley type back-up. Let Hawk soar off to another team. Hawk reminds of Finley -- gets overly excited when he makes the rare good play.

NP shall succeed due to the pressure from USC alumnus of linebackers in the NFL. (No this is not another Matt Lineart situation).

NP needs to play every down like the Claymaker which he is capable of.

pbmax
01-19-2013, 09:35 AM
A 270 lbs Perry at DT would not be more physical. 49ers would run him over, and that is ignoring whether he could play the position or not.

He could only be of use there if you were certain to see a pass. Putting him there almost certainly insures you'll see a run.

red
01-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Its hard to take an article seriously when a player with 2 sacks and 18 tackles in six games is compared to a player who had 0 sacks and 16 tackles is 45 games.

I do believe he edge speed was overrated OR it was really coached out of him. His highlights and the draft talk all talked about how he needed a second move to go with speed off the edge, but I saw power off the edge and no speed move. He has decent quickness, so getting outside seems within his reach.

He did fine for 6 games and will learn more. I am more concerned about injuries.

yeah, every draft report i saw on perry called him the best pure pass rusher in the draft, with the most explosive first step

Patler
01-19-2013, 10:56 AM

That was my thought, too.

I felt Perry had turned a small corner of sorts in the last few games he played. He looked to be more decisive, less tentative, and his pass rush was showing up more often, even if it was only a single move. I was just starting to get a bit excited to see how fast he would come along, and then his season was done.

Iron Mike
01-19-2013, 03:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbHflENMWEw

mraynrand
01-19-2013, 03:33 PM
I felt [insert Packer player here] had turned a small corner of sorts in the last few games he played. He looked to be more decisive, less tentative, and his [insert specific expertise] was showing up more often, even if it was [limited]. I was just starting to get a bit excited to see how fast he would come along, and then his season was done.

QFT, over and over again

mraynrand
01-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Its hard to take an article seriously when a player with 2 sacks and 18 tackles in six games is compared to a player who had 0 sacks and 16 tackles in 45 games.

Not to mention - I don't like him, but gave him a second round grade. Comparing to someone like Gholston should only apply if a guy has played enough games to qualify as a bust. Perry isn't there yet, by far.

smuggler
01-21-2013, 05:58 AM
QFT, over and over again

Damnnit, it's so true.