PDA

View Full Version : JS...."Rodgers Reputation as a Leader..."

Bretsky
01-22-2013, 08:05 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/thrown-into-question-n58fedi-187970011.html

gotta admit....I didn't see atory like this hitting the papers anytime soon

At this point I think it's B.S........but who knows

denverYooper
01-22-2013, 09:29 PM
You know, I thought that it was based on a handful of tweets that got fairly wide circulation during the season. Apparently I was only partly right. Rodgers was also critical of reporters 14 hours after their playoff loss (shocker).

On second thought, maybe the motivation was that the criticized press had a bit of an axe to grind.

esoxx
01-22-2013, 10:02 PM
A lot of conjecture and reaches in the article for sure.
Something we do know however is he seems rather sensitive/thin skinned and holds grudges. Those typically aren't desirous leadership traits.

Joemailman
01-22-2013, 10:32 PM
He lacks leadership traits because he was criticized by Shannon Sharpe, Finley's agent and Jennings' sister? I think the article goes a long way to justify Rodgers' contempt for the press that is described in the opening of the article.

Jimx29
01-22-2013, 10:38 PM
running out of stuff to report on already?

pbmax
01-22-2013, 10:41 PM
He lacks leadership traits because he was criticized by Shannon Sharpe, Finley's agent and Jennings' sister? I think the article goes a long way to justify Rodgers' contempt for the press that is described in the opening of the article.

I am more concerned with the fact that I think Peyton might well average 5 TDs with this receiving crew. Or, in other words, look like Rodgers did for 13 games in 2011. Something, and I don't think its leadership, is not working on this offense right now.

M3 might need to revisit the deep to short pass progression against certain coverages.

Guiness
01-23-2013, 01:11 AM
Seems like someone with an axe to grind to me as well. Reporters have always gotten snippy when denied interviews, which TFA says right at the beginning. So they decided to do one anyways.

That bit about him being passed over because he was a know-it-all...I call BS on that, it's the first time I've ever heard it. THAT'S the reason he slipped to #24 now? lol

Nothing new to see here. Just old shit being re-hashed. Move along.

Patler
01-23-2013, 02:57 AM
Anyone want to bet Reischel was the reporter referred to in the opening paragraphs?

Even if he wasn't, he seems upset that Rodgers criticized the reporter, in the locker room, more or less to the reporters face, within ear shot of maybe a handful of people at most, so he publishes an article to the world criticizing Rodgers personality? Whether or not the article is accurate, it is a pretty lame approach.

Last year, during a season that went well, all they could do was gush about Rodgers leadership qualities, the get-togethers he hosted, his openness with rookies and newcomers, how in sync he and his receivers were, how he reached out to all players, etc. Has Rodgers now changed that much? I doubt it. Where were all theses criticisms last year?

It's no wonder athletes get fed up with reporters, and some simply quit dealing with them.

RashanGary
01-23-2013, 03:04 AM
A lot of conjecture and reaches in the article for sure.
Something we do know however is he seems rather sensitive/thin skinned and holds grudges. Those typically aren't desirous leadership traits.

Leaders are typically thin skinned and do hold grudges. Alpha dogs can't help but be alpha dogs. When it comes time to protect the pack, they'll rip your throat out. A lot of leaders are arrogant hot-heads and control freaks. Respect is the top trait of a leader. If love is in there, it's quite often of the tough variety.

These guys aren't fucking kindergarten teachers or puppy parading flaming homo-sexuals. There's no, "I'm such a nicer person than you, and look at my inner feminine side" to football.

Also, Rodgers takes a, "give Wilde everything and everybody else nothing" approach toward the local media. I don't think AR can stand the JS. Personally, I think he gets off on the power to fuck with the people who fuck with everyone else. I'd call that a good, common leadership characteristic - the cross my border and I'll eat your heart for dinner - variety.

I love Rodgers and I can't stand the flamers who run around hugging puppies like their nicer than you. Ha, nicer your way to no stories, ass holes. And you queers will always hate leaders because you're not and they are.

wootah
01-23-2013, 03:59 AM
These guys aren't fucking kindergarten teachers or puppy parading flaming homo-sexuals.

http://i.imgur.com/GzXlC.jpg

Patler
01-23-2013, 04:52 AM

Doesn't that photograph just scream "professional athlete"? :smile:

rbaloha1
01-23-2013, 09:47 AM
A-rod is a leader that demands excellence at every part of the operation.

IMO does take accountability when he says stuff like, "left plays on the field." IMO that means I missed big plays. Team is reliant upon the offense scoring points with big plays.

Problem is the show me the $ brothers/families concerned about $. Rather than keep quiet they need a scapegoat. Ask a brother to return money after not living up to a contract -- forget it.

Less than stellar stats -- sayonara.

denverYooper
01-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Anyone want to bet Reischel was the reporter referred to in the opening paragraphs?

Even if he wasn't, he seems upset that Rodgers criticized the reporter, in the locker room, more or less to the reporters face, within ear shot of maybe a handful of people at most, so he publishes an article to the world criticizing Rodgers personality? Whether or not the article is accurate, it is a pretty lame approach.

Last year, during a season that went well, all they could do was gush about Rodgers leadership qualities, the get-togethers he hosted, his openness with rookies and newcomers, how in sync he and his receivers were, how he reached out to all players, etc. Has Rodgers now changed that much? I doubt it. Where were all theses criticisms last year?

It's no wonder athletes get fed up with reporters, and some simply quit dealing with them.

The press gets huffy about Belichick's approach after losses as well but I've always appreciated it.

denverYooper
01-23-2013, 10:20 AM
Leaders are typically thin skinned and do hold grudges. Alpha dogs can't help but be alpha dogs. When it comes time to protect the pack, they'll rip your throat out. A lot of leaders are arrogant hot-heads and control freaks. Respect is the top trait of a leader. If love is in there, it's quite often of the tough variety.

These guys aren't fucking kindergarten teachers or puppy parading flaming homo-sexuals. There's no, "I'm such a nicer person than you, and look at my inner feminine side" to football.

Also, Rodgers takes a, "give Wilde everything and everybody else nothing" approach toward the local media. I don't think AR can stand the JS. Personally, I think he gets off on the power to fuck with the people who fuck with everyone else. I'd call that a good, common leadership characteristic - the cross my border and I'll eat your heart for dinner - variety.

I love Rodgers and I can't stand the flamers who run around hugging puppies like their nicer than you. Ha, nicer your way to no stories, ass holes. And you queers will always hate leaders because you're not and they are.

A bunch of great points here.

I'm sure that he was indeed sticking up for his guys -- players and coaches. The reporter in question was probably asking Bishop questions like "do you think Capers should be fired for this?" and "do you want Capers fired for giving up 579 yards to the 49ers?". And it was the day after their loss, so I'm sure he was still just livid. You can read it and think "oh, he's so petty, why say those things to the poor wittle weporters?" Or you can read it and think, "hey, he really gives a damn about this team".

The Aaron Rodgers show really is a goldmine for Wilde. I don't think it's that unusual for an athlete to have one most trusted media member through which to disseminate his POV. If you listen to the show you'll notice that at times Rodgers is critical of media narratives and he's very savvy about understanding and articulating it.

mraynrand
01-23-2013, 10:36 AM

Diva

run pMc
01-23-2013, 10:41 AM
running out of stuff to report on already?

+1

Much ado about nothing. You think CHI or MIN wouldn't kill for a QB like Rodgers?

Joemailman
01-23-2013, 11:19 AM
A bunch of great points here.

I'm sure that he was indeed sticking up for his guys -- players and coaches. The reporter in question was probably asking Bishop questions like "do you think Capers should be fired for this?" and "do you want Capers fired for giving up 579 yards to the 49ers?". And it was the day after their loss, so I'm sure he was still just livid. You can read it and think "oh, he's so petty, why say those things to the poor wittle weporters?" Or you can read it and think, "hey, he really gives a damn about this team".

The Aaron Rodgers show really is a goldmine for Wilde. I don't think it's that unusual for an athlete to have one most trusted media member through which to disseminate his POV. If you listen to the show you'll notice that at times Rodgers is critical of media narratives and he's very savvy about understanding and articulating it.

Here's what Bishop said:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/after-debacle-in-san-francisco-bishop-defends-packers-defense-jk8c80l-186719431.html

"You can't have a great defense and win the Super Bowl one year and then be kicked out the next year, or a year or two later," Bishop said. "I don't think it should work like that at all. I think Dom Capers is a great coach."

You can pretty much figure out what the question was.

pbmax
01-23-2013, 11:59 AM
There might not be any way to know who was asking the questions but all the reporters were there that day hoping to get end of year quotes from the players last availability in the locker room. It happened after McCarthy's PC.

Bishop and some other defenders were the only ones to talk, no one on offense wanted to be interviewed.

My bet is that with none of the bigger names talking and Packer Plus going to press, they had to come up with something to fill up the spaces between ads.

I hope he is more careful. Because we aren't far away from the public narrative being Rodgers is playing well so the team and coaches must be letting him down.

Joemailman
01-23-2013, 02:25 PM
There might not be any way to know who was asking the questions but all the reporters were there that day hoping to get end of year quotes from the players last availability in the locker room. It happened after McCarthy's PC.

Bishop and some other defenders were the only ones to talk, no one on offense wanted to be interviewed.

My bet is that with none of the bigger names talking and Packer Plus going to press, they had to come up with something to fill up the spaces between ads.

I hope he is more careful. Because we aren't far away from the public narrative being Rodgers is playing well so the team and coaches must be letting him down.

Actually, I believe it was just the opposite. The reason they were talking to Bishop was that none of the members of the defense who played in the game made themselves available. Several members of the offense were interviewed.

Deputy Nutz
01-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Don't piss off the press.

Fritz
01-24-2013, 12:10 PM

Yes, it surely does.

http://www.refashionedbyjai.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/aj-calendar-1.jpg

Pugger
01-26-2013, 10:39 AM

What makes me giggle is the tiny little dog he is walking! :lol:

Pugger
01-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Yes, it surely does.

http://www.refashionedbyjai.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/aj-calendar-1.jpg

God, Hawk has a face only his mother would love. Another guy with a tiny dog! :lol:

MJZiggy
01-26-2013, 12:46 PM

They need Al Harris back in the locker room. He'd get a group of reporters in front of him, tease the newest member of the pack and then berate any reporter who couldn't do his job. His was the only locker interview I've seen where the interviewee says, "That's the dumbest question I've ever heard." I miss him.

digitaldean
01-27-2013, 10:43 PM
I'm sorry but the BS meter is nearing the redline with that article.

Don't think any serious person puts validity behind agent's, teammates relatives, etc. and their hissy fits.

The guy has taken a lot of flak for holding the ball, but has EIGHT interceptions all season. If he played chuck the ball like Favre did and he had twice as many picks and possibly missing playoffs then we'd the press squeal that he's not an elite QB.

The guy has his faults (being a little too thin-skinned), but that's relatively minor. I think there are about a couple of dozen teams that would trade for him in heartbeat if the Packers thought he was such a lousy leader and wanted to get rid of him.

woodbuck27
01-29-2013, 03:06 PM

The definition of:

Lacking self respect.

woodbuck27
01-29-2013, 03:13 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/thrown-into-question-n58fedi-187970011.html

gotta admit....I didn't see atory like this hitting the papers anytime soon

At this point I think it's B.S........but who knows

Then you read this:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/187928861.html

Deputy Nutz
01-29-2013, 08:02 PM
My opinion on Rodgers is skewed. I think he is a really, really good player, I think he is an ok leader. He really has to work at on and off the field. I don't think he is a naturally gifted leader. I think his teammates like him all right and respect him, but I don't know if they will lay down and die for him, because I think they feel Rodgers won't do it for them. The on the field shit when he is pointing at his receivers or showing his displeasure at a dropped pass, a bad route, or a bad block pisses guys off because off the unwritten rule that guys can never do it to the qb. When they do, we vilify them without mercy. That is the stuff that ideally will get under teammates' skin.