PDA

View Full Version : Do FB fans make madden what it is or does Madden create fans

Partial
08-22-2006, 11:41 AM
I think a lot of people have learned to love football through playing madden. Discuss!

jack's smirking revenge
08-22-2006, 12:12 PM
I think Madden is too intricate for someone who isn't a fan, but perfect for the geeks. My vote would be that Madden doesn't create many new football fans, but definitely cements the love of the game for those who are fans.

Simply, the game of football is a complicated mess of rules from the outside looking in. Madden doesn't make understanding the game much easier unless you already have knowledge of the game. More fans are gained by sitting down with a friend or significant other, watching a game, and patiently getting someone involved by explaining what's going on over the course of a game.

tyler

red
08-22-2006, 12:41 PM
I think Madden is too intricate for someone who isn't a fan, but perfect for the geeks. My vote would be that Madden doesn't create many new football fans, but definitely cements the love of the game for those who are fans.

Simply, the game of football is a complicated mess of rules from the outside looking in. Madden doesn't make understanding the game much easier unless you already have knowledge of the game. More fans are gained by sitting down with a friend or significant other, watching a game, and patiently getting someone involved by explaining what's going on over the course of a game.

tyler

i agree with mr. durden

i too think most madden fans are football fans to begin with. it probably does make them better fans though

i think non fans are mostly just fans of the game, not the real thing.

for instance, years ago i bought one of the tony hawk games. i've never skateborded a day in my life, but i bout it and it was fun as hell. still i've never tried to skateboard or watched it on tv.

smae with FIFA 06. i do like soccer, played it almost my whole life and i watch the world cups. i bought fifa 06 and think its a blast, yet i haven't watched any of the premire league or anything else in europe.

so for me, i don't think the games make you a fan of the sport, just the video games