PDA

View Full Version : More Lions fun

Cheesehead Craig
01-25-2013, 02:21 PM
This is the kind of crap that comes out when Schwartz runs the team and while he's the coach they will never be all that good. I hope he stays for a long time. :-D

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8880437/titus-young-detroit-lions-continues-twitter-rant-team

Pugger
01-26-2013, 10:32 AM
I read on the Footballsfuture forum the Loins have $51M tied up in 3 players: Megatron ($12.2M), Suh ($17.2M) and Stafford ($21.3M)! And we think we have cap issues. :lol:

Joemailman
01-26-2013, 05:52 PM
This is the kind of crap that comes out when Schwartz runs the team and while he's the coach they will never be all that good. I hope he stays for a long time. :-D

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8880437/titus-young-detroit-lions-continues-twitter-rant-team

Titus Young was known to have character issues at Boise. He was suspended 9 games for violating unspecified team rules his sophomore year. The Lions recently have drafted a few guys with character issues, so the GM is probably as much at fault as Schwartz.

wootah
01-28-2013, 02:25 AM
Best part:

"Like I said I never been selfish but if I'm not going to get the football i don't want to play anymore," Young wrote.

:?

Guiness
01-28-2013, 09:03 AM
I saw the most hilarious thing at the grocery store yesterday...one of those big cardboard cutouts advertising for the Super Bowl, with a Lion's player on it! What were they thinking when they created that??? I'll try and get a picture when I go back, I laughed out loud when I saw it :-D

Joemailman
02-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Lions cut Titus Young. They take a 900,000 hit on the salary cap to do it. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Lions-pull-the-plug-on-Titus-Young.html

Whadda loser that guy is.

MadScientist
02-04-2013, 04:24 PM
So will the Bears or Vikings try to get him? They need to upgrade the WR position and may just take a flyer on him, with the incentive that he gets to play the Lions twice a year.

MadtownPacker
02-04-2013, 05:19 PM
TT will sign him to replace Jennings on the cheap and look like a genius again.

Joemailman
02-04-2013, 05:37 PM
TT will sign him to replace Jennings on the cheap and look like a genius again.

If TT signs him, they should instill drug testing for GM's.

Joemailman
02-06-2013, 09:34 PM
St. Louis claimed Titus Young off waivers. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Titus-Young-represents-lowrisk-for-needy-Rams.html

Giants release Ahmad Bradshaw and Chris Canty. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000136804/article/new-york-giants-release-ahmad-bradshaw-chris-canty

Fritz
02-07-2013, 06:52 AM
St. Louis claimed Titus Young off waivers. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Titus-Young-represents-lowrisk-for-needy-Rams.html

Giants release Ahmad Bradshaw and Chris Canty. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000136804/article/new-york-giants-release-ahmad-bradshaw-chris-canty

Yeah, the Lions are in cap purgatory now. They carry over very little money to the coming year's flat cap.

If the Packers can't come to an agreement with Woodson, I wonder if the Leos will try to sign him. Local guy, stand-up dude, all of that. And a safety - a position of need.

By the way, when did it become okay in the papers to call Woodson a safety? I saw him referred to that way, and it seemed that before, it was not okay to do so. They kinda muddled along without giving his position a name. But now he's officially a safety.

Guiness
02-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Yeah, the Lions are in cap purgatory now. They carry over very little money to the coming year's flat cap.

If the Packers can't come to an agreement with Woodson, I wonder if the Leos will try to sign him. Local guy, stand-up dude, all of that. And a safety - a position of need.

By the way, when did it become okay in the papers to call Woodson a safety? I saw him referred to that way, and it seemed that before, it was not okay to do so. They kinda muddled along without giving his position a name. But now he's officially a safety.

Safeback is too much of a mouthful, I guess. That's as close to the description of the nickel position he plays as you're going to get.

Not sure how you see Woodson going to the Lions when in the previous sentence you say they're in cap trouble? How could they possibly sign him unless on the cheap, and if he's willing to go cheap there should be a lot more desirable locations he can go to (or stay at!).

Fritz
02-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Safeback is too much of a mouthful, I guess. That's as close to the description of the nickel position he plays as you're going to get.

Not sure how you see Woodson going to the Lions when in the previous sentence you say they're in cap trouble? How could they possibly sign him unless on the cheap, and if he's willing to go cheap there should be a lot more desirable locations he can go to (or stay at!).

My thinking is they'd be tempted to re-write some contracts to free up some money. Woodson would give the team the buzz they've been missing and take the edge off their Titus Young fugg up. This is a team that was seen as a possible SB contender going into the 2012 season, and the GM is feeling a little heat now. So I'm wondering if they're going to get a little desperate and go for what they might see as a quick-fix.

smuggler
02-07-2013, 03:59 PM

Woodson is from Ohio.

Joemailman
02-07-2013, 05:26 PM

Calvin Johnson, Stafford and Suh will count 51 million against the cap this year. They'll be looking to unload some contracts this year. Vanden Bosch is expected to go.

red
02-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Calvin Johnson, Stafford and Suh will count 51 million against the cap this year. They'll be looking to unload some contracts this year. Vanden Bosch is expected to go.

vanden bosch already went

they cut him yesterday or the day before

Fritz
02-08-2013, 07:32 AM
Woodson is from Ohio.

I was referring to his U of M days.

Also, I read an article in the Detroit News this morning that the Lions expect to be a player in free agency this year...they're looking to restructure Stafford's contract to gain some cap room, and might restructure another contract or two so they can play in the free agent sand box.

Ah, the Lions.

mraynrand
02-08-2013, 10:41 AM
I was referring to his U of M days.

Also, I read an article in the Detroit News this morning that the Lions expect to be a player in free agency this year...they're looking to restructure Stafford's contract to gain some cap room, and might restructure another contract or two so they can play in the free agent sand box.

Ah, the Lions.

I wonder if they will restructure Stafford's throwing mechanics too

Pugger
02-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Woodson is from Ohio.

But played at Michigan.

I do wonder what we'll do with Woody. He is a leader in the locker room but clearly is not the player he once was. He's okay against the run but he isn't fast enough to cover guys down field. He did a nice job against AP in the wild card game last month.

Guiness
02-09-2013, 11:48 AM
But played at Michigan.

I do wonder what we'll do with Woody. He is a leader in the locker room but clearly is not the player he once was. He's okay against the run but he isn't fast enough to cover guys down field. He did a nice job against AP in the wild card game last month.

But still probably not as well as Shields did.

Joemailman
02-15-2013, 06:12 PM
9 days after being claimed on waivers by the Rams, Titus Young is cut. Apparently he didn't interview well.

"We saw Titus as an outstanding young player," Fisher said. "We spent time with him, we spent probably four or five days with him. We decided it was best for us to go in a different direction."

red
02-15-2013, 06:17 PM
that should be the nail in the coffin

what a freaking waste

King Friday
02-15-2013, 06:52 PM
I can't see Woodson playing for the Lions. He's learned firsthand what kind of mediocre franchise they run in Motown. He isn't going to spend his last years in the league there.

George Cumby
02-17-2013, 12:33 AM
9 days after being claimed on waivers by the Rams, Titus Young is cut. Apparently he didn't interview well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/15/jeff-fisher-titus-young-is-better-suited-for-another-organization/#comments

How big of a vuck-up is this kid?

This has to be some kind of a record......

Bretsky
02-17-2013, 09:48 AM

per NFL Network he took some potshots at his former team and this did not sit well with the Rams

Fritz
02-17-2013, 09:49 AM
I hope he enjoys being unemployed.