PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl

MJZiggy
01-27-2013, 09:38 PM
It was a college basketball score again. They had Sitton lined up as a tailback on the last kneel down.

Joemailman
01-27-2013, 10:12 PM
I watched for a while, but it's about as physical as watching the Packers practice in shells. Probably why Clay didn't bother showing up.

red
01-27-2013, 11:38 PM
i was gonna watch it, but then train started playing so i switched the channel and never went back

Pugger
01-28-2013, 12:25 AM
This year it actually looked like football. Sitton also played a lot of LG which surprised me. It was sad only having 2 Packer helmets out there (and Jeff had no business in the game in the first place). I understand if guys are hurt like Clay and Aaron but it was ridiculous to have Larry Fitz in there instead of James Jones or Cobb. :|

mraynrand
01-28-2013, 07:31 AM
I refuse to watch the Pro Bowl if Brandon Saine isn't there.

hoosier
01-28-2013, 07:40 AM
I am proud to say that I have been a Packer fan for thirty odd years and have never once watched a pro bowl game.

rbaloha1
01-28-2013, 08:18 AM
I am proud to say that I have been a Packer fan for thirty odd years and have never once watched a pro bowl game.

No need for you to watch -- the tv ratings keep the game going.

rbaloha1
01-28-2013, 08:19 AM
You guys missed my Packer Rats sign at the game.

Guiness
01-28-2013, 08:42 AM
This year it actually looked like football. Sitton also played a lot of LG which surprised me. It was sad only having 2 Packer helmets out there (and Jeff had no business in the game in the first place). I understand if guys are hurt like Clay and Aaron but it was ridiculous to have Larry Fitz in there instead of James Jones or Cobb. :|

Saw him in at LG as well. Guards are voted in as a group, right? Snee was there, and he's also a RG, not sure who the others are.

Guiness
01-28-2013, 08:48 AM
You guys missed my Packer Rats sign at the game.

Cool, wish I'd seen it! Like everyone else here though...I didn't watch it. Tuned in for half a dozen plays, saw Brees get 'sacked' and turned it off. It was mentioned in another thread that this is the most watched all-star game, but everyone here says they pay no attention - I wonder who does watch it???

Patler
01-28-2013, 01:04 PM
I am proud to say that I have been a Packer fan for thirty odd years and have never .....

Some of the years in the '70 and '80s were sort of odd, but to get thirty odd years you probably have to include seasons from the '50s. Just how long have you been a fan????

mmmdk
01-28-2013, 04:47 PM
Pro Bowl & NFL won't be here in 30 years as uttered by the sly scrying Bernard Pollard! Less violence in football and player safety are future issues NFL must deal with and can't hide from. It will happen [that's less violence in football] and if the football they show in Hawaii is close to the future of football then Bernard Pollard is spot on! Don't get me wrong, I want player safety with as much hard fought football as possible but yet uninvented safety technology is the only thing that could save NFL.

On "funny" yet sinister note; why not move the Pro Bowl to Acapulco? Less violence on the field but heads rolling in the streets! That gives you less football violence with actually violence just around the corner!! Sounds plausible!? Could be any violent American cities too and not just in Americas own backyard. It's all culture, violent cultures, but is it worth keeping? Just asking. BTW, I've got more allegiance to the Green Bay Packers than the sport itself; so I'm not afraid of change.

woodbuck27
01-29-2013, 02:57 PM
Cool, wish I'd seen it! Like everyone else here though...I didn't watch it. Tuned in for half a dozen plays, saw Brees get 'sacked' and turned it off. It was mentioned in another thread that this is the most watched all-star game, but everyone here says they pay no attention - I wonder who does watch it???

Sometimes...... the announcer and color man watch the game.