PDA

View Full Version : PACKERS TC - Developments and Altercations...

woodbuck27
08-22-2006, 02:11 PM
TC Developments and Altercations (from sources on the net)

On.... RB Arliss Beach

The next time running back Arliss Beach decides to take flight into the end zone, he probably should consider not returning to the sideline afterward. It is not the Packers' desire to have their running backs jumping over the pile at the goal line, and when Beach did it Saturday and failed to score, he heard about it.

"This is not a beauty contest," offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski said.

"I don't like that. Jam it up in there. I don't want it looking pretty. I want six points. He took off from the 3-yard line."

Beach, who Jagodzinski said played a very good game, got high on his leap.

"He did. Not high enough," Jagodzinski said.

"You go do that you better come back and score. There was a crease in there that he could have, but he took off from the 3-yard line. Is he Walter Payton? Marcus Allen? He's not quite there yet."

On.... Progress - OUR DL - McCarthy said:

After a poor game against San Diego, the Packers' DL played much better against the Falcons. Mike McCarthy comments after the Packers sacked the quarterback five times, had eight quarterback hits and drew a holding penalty.

"I thought there was more pressure this week than last week," McCarthy said.

"I just think that we have a very good, healthy rotation there. I thought our younger guys played well there: (Jason) Hunter, John Jolly. Hunter made the play (a deflection) on the interception. That's a group with excellent depth and that's very healthy for us, and we're going to have some tough decisions there."

On.... the scuffle yesterday in TC between Ahmad Carroll and Rod Gardner :mrgreen: :

One of the more aggressive fights of training camp occurred when wide receiver Rod Gardner objected to cornerback Ahmad Carroll holding him as he ran a route in an 11-on-11 drill.

Gardner shoved Carroll and Carroll started swinging, eventually kicking Gardner as the two exchanged punches. They both fell to the ground and it took about a dozen players to break up the fight.

"It's a hot day, Monday," cornerback Al Harris said.

"I think they just wanted to be on NFL Network," cornerback Jason Horton said.

"They've been showing all the fights this year. They just wanted a little air time."

McCarthy didn't seem to object too much to the two defending their honor, but he wasn't thrilled with Carroll's actions

"The energy is fine; the kicking is not," McCarthy said.

On.... Kicker: Dave Rayner and others:

... Kicker Dave Rayner, who made his only field-goal attempt Saturday, missed a 39-yarder at the end of a 2-minute drill in practice. Kicking with the wind, Rayner hit it wide left.

... Siitupe Peko played right guard with the No. 2 offense in the 2-minute drill, replacing Mookie Moore, who missed two audibles in the game Saturday night.

NOTE:

Mike McCarthy intends to play the starters well into the third quarter against Cincinnati Monday night, but AhmanGreen will see only limited action in his return to full contact.

and good news!

... Safety Marquand Manuel practiced with the No. 1 unit more than he has in recent practices, but he continues to work on his injured calf, stretching between almost every drill.

GO PACKERS ! HOLD FOR FAITH in 2006 !!

woodbuck27
08-24-2006, 11:52 AM
More Packer hopefuls soon to be cut

The Packers have to have their roster reduced to 75 players by.....
the NFL Deadline Tuesday 22 August 2006.

Ted Thompson said that will be difficult to do given that The packers play the Bengals on the previous night.

"Yeah, it's very difficult. Most teams will probably be playing on Thursday and Friday this week and they'll get to sit around and look at their rosters and will be all set," Thompson said.

"We play away on Monday night and we'll probably get back here by 4:30 or 5 in the morning and have cuts the next day."

The Packers have another quick turnaround after "the Titans at Packers" Game, on Friday Sept. 1, 2006.

Ted Thompson remarked again on that Friday game...

"The other difficult thing about that is, because we're playing on Monday night, we're not allowed to play on Thursday night because there's a NFL rule about putting games too close together and we were forced to play on Friday, . . .

"Then the final cuts from 75 to 53 are the next day. It's a disadvantage, but that's just the way it worked out."

PACKERRATS !

The NFL Deadline for OUR Final 53 - Man Roster is Sept. 2, 2006.

Alot of hopefuls will soon be leaving Green Bay.

Faith in the Final Roster. GO PACK GO !!