PDA

View Full Version : MCGINN........."RAY LEWIS ALMOST A PACKER""

Bretsky
01-30-2013, 11:31 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ravens-lewis-went-a-pick-too-soon-for-packers-308j3sf-189135481.html

mraynrand
01-31-2013, 01:46 AM
It's good to see the JS is committed to recycling

Joemailman
01-31-2013, 08:01 AM
Yeah well, John Michels has as many Super Bowl rings as Ray Lewis. So there.

Fritz
02-01-2013, 12:31 PM
How could Ron Wolf be so stupidly confident that the Ravens wouldn't take Lewis? A guy is not your guy until you've handed the commish your card and it's your pick, right?

And if they loved, loved, loved Lewis so much, why not move up? I wonder if they tried to or could have? It doesn't sound like Wolf did.

Guiness
02-01-2013, 03:34 PM
How could Ron Wolf be so stupidly confident that the Ravens wouldn't take Lewis? A guy is not your guy until you've handed the commish your card and it's your pick, right?

And if they loved, loved, loved Lewis so much, why not move up? I wonder if they tried to or could have? It doesn't sound like Wolf did.

Why is it stupid? He let the draft come to him instead of doing a Sherman-esq jump up in the draft to get a player he'd decided he could not do without. Not like Lewis was a sure thing, at that time, he was just a guy they liked.

pbmax
02-01-2013, 09:17 PM
I would like to know why he thought Lewis would slide by. What did he think they needed to do? Because the Ravens version of this story is that they wanted a LB in round 1 (after getting Ogden in the top ten) and Newsome had been resisting the urge to trade up. Lewis was the last LB they had on their board with a 1st round grade.