PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys open Romo negotiations

Guiness
02-21-2013, 12:43 AM
According to PFT, they're talking now, after Romo's representatives wouldn't during the season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/21/report-cowboys-launch-romo-negotiations/

Florio thinks Romo should get $38.96 million for 2 years. I agree! :wink: That'll go a long way to making sure that team is about as competitive as the Lions for a while!

caveat: I think he mad an addition error there...$16.8 cap number this coming year + $20.16 franchise tag = $36.96million

Fritz
02-21-2013, 06:26 AM
Jerrah has proved over the years what a great coach Jimmy Johnson was.

I am so happy that Jerrah is not the owner of my favorite team.

Tony Oday
02-21-2013, 07:49 AM
I'm an owner.

Fritz
02-21-2013, 12:00 PM
You're not going to sign Tony Romo to an overinflated, overlong contract, though. You're a good owner!

Guiness
02-21-2013, 02:25 PM
On a related insomuch as we're talking about QBs that are going nowhere....what the heck happens with Tebow now???

I'm at a loss to the next direction his career takes. Dude's got a 9-7 record, part of that being 7-4 in 2011 with the Broncos, plus a playoff win. I can't even begin to fathom what the Jets were thinking, and why they didn't put him in when Sanchez went down. The only thing I can guess is that for some reason the coaching staff figured they had no chance to win with him under center.

Since no one will give him a chance as an NFL starting QB, I figure he's an FB somewhere in the NFL next year, or a CFL QB. Maybe arena football:|

smuggler
02-21-2013, 06:35 PM
Tebow's gifted, but not as a passer. More's the pity, but there are many examples of other players like him who were great in some areas but had shortcomings in other (critical) skills at their position. Those guys aren't starters, either. Tebow was just incredibly popular. That's the only difference.

Freak Out
02-21-2013, 07:39 PM
The Romo thread turns Tebow in five posts. LOL.

I wonder what M3 could do with Tebow if he had him for a couple of years..... :)

Fritz
02-22-2013, 06:38 AM
I think MM could turn Timmy Tebone into an excellent special teams player.

Smeefers
02-22-2013, 08:05 AM
There are a ton of teams who would love Romo as their coach and would instantly get better with him there. He's a better than average QB. He should make a little more than Matt Flynn did. So what, 10 to 12 mil a year?

pbmax
02-22-2013, 03:25 PM
In a weird way, I am hopeful about this deal. Despite initial concerns, it provided a nice blueprint for Rodgers 2nd deal. At first I think we thought Romo's contract would inflate the curve but Rodgers was right in line with it.

I just hope Jerry repeats his performance and doesn't get too carried away.