PDA

View Full Version : Packers Offseason Junk Drawer

pbmax
02-22-2013, 03:40 PM
Not just combine or draft, but offseason stuff I need to remember when I am arguing next year about why something is or isn't working with you slouches.

1. McCarthy sounded a little hopeful that Sherrod might get some normal offseason work in. Expects both Sherry and Bulaga to be ready for camp.

2. Worthy going to be hard pressed to make camp.

3. Packers D coaches going to Texas A&M to work with Kevin Sumlin on defending the read option this offseason.

4. Packers studying injuries in attempt to isolate problems and reduce.

Smeefers
02-23-2013, 08:12 AM
I thought Worthy was out for half of next season at least.

He had ACL surgery on January 15. Recovery time is normally 9-12 months. You're looking at October at the earliest.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/20/3897388/jerel-worthy-injury-update-acl-surgery-green-bay-packers
http://www.acl.us/recovery.htm

Bretsky
02-23-2013, 09:22 AM
For those of us who have had a torn ACL, it's an extreme extreme rarity when you come back and have more than a 60% impact year one. The only player I recall getting back to near speed right away is All Day Peterson. 60% of Worthy is not good enough. Don't expect much from him next year. Two years from now he sees 100%

Guiness
02-23-2013, 04:37 PM
For those of us who have had a torn ACL, it's an extreme extreme rarity when you come back and have more than a 60% impact year one. The only player I recall getting back to near speed right away is All Day Peterson. 60% of Worthy is not good enough. Don't expect much from him next year. Two years from now he sees 100%

Peterson's come back was inhuman. Not just extraordinary, but inhuman, it should not have been possible. No HGH testing in the NFL yet. Just saying.

rbaloha1
02-23-2013, 07:03 PM

Worthy may not be around in 2 years.

rbaloha1
02-23-2013, 07:04 PM
Peterson's come back was inhuman. Not just extraordinary, but inhuman, it should not have been possible. No HGH testing in the NFL yet. Just saying.

Without a doubt. The union keeps delaying hgh testing methods.

Zool
02-23-2013, 09:55 PM
Jerry Rice came back in the same season didn't he? Still Worth is out for 2013(I reserve the right to deny this during the 2013 season unless someone links this thread. The ill probably just delete it entirely)

RashanGary
02-24-2013, 07:43 AM
Jerry Rice came back in the same season didn't he? Still Worth is out for 2013(I reserve the right to deny this during the 2013 season unless someone links this thread. The ill probably just delete it entirely)

Rice came back in 4 mos, Peterson 7 mos.

rbaloha1
02-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Rice came back in 4 mos, Peterson 7 mos.

It is tough to compare given the nature of the injury and the size of the individual.

This is not a black/white issue.

Patler
02-24-2013, 10:37 AM
It is tough to compare given the nature of the injury and the size of the individual.

Certainly, no two injuries are ever identical and no two people are the same. But both had tears of both the ACL and MCL. They are somewhat different in size, but not a lot, about 15 pounds per team rosters.

For me, the more interesting aspect is that Peterson was 27 at the time, Rice was 35.

rbaloha1
02-24-2013, 10:46 AM
Certainly, no two injuries are ever identical and no two people are the same. But both had tears of both the ACL and MCL. They are somewhat different in size, but not a lot, about 15 pounds per team rosters.

For me, the more interesting aspect is that Peterson was 27 at the time, Rice was 35.

Sorry webmd.

Patler
02-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Sorry webmd.
Sorry about what?

Fritz
02-24-2013, 11:25 AM
Sorry webmd.

Finally you admit that Plater knows more than you do about most if not all topics discussed on this board.

As for the general thread, I am encouraged that Sherrod could get some offseason work in. I would also love to be privy to Datko's progress this season and offseason. If he is developing as some think he could, and if Sherrod really is getting healthy, there'd be no reason to spend a top draft pick on a tackle.

I am of the early opinion that Worthy will be PUPped, then eventually put on the shelf for 2013. I was a little bummed at his lack of production last year, too. I didn't see much promise.

As for studying the pistol or the read option, that A & M connection is a bit odd. But I do wish PB and I had followed through on our idea of kidnapping Shawn Scrotum. It would have resulted in a better Packers' team, and assistant coaches visiting a much nicer place than Bryan, Texas, which is in the middle of nowhere, frankly.

Patler
02-24-2013, 12:30 PM
As for the general thread, I am encouraged that Sherrod could get some offseason work in. I would also love to be privy to Datko's progress this season and offseason. If he is developing as some think he could, and if Sherrod really is getting healthy, there'd be no reason to spend a top draft pick on a tackle.

I am of the early opinion that Worthy will be PUPped, then eventually put on the shelf for 2013. I was a little bummed at his lack of production last year, too. I didn't see much promise.

Sherrod and Datko really could be the keys to big steps forward by the team. Sherrod, obviously, being a 1st round pick and all. He just has to live up to his billing.

Datko has intrigued me from the time they drafted him. A lot of articles from before his Senior season pegged him as a solid top half of the draft prospect, with the chance to move up with a good last year in college. He was on the watch lists for both the Outland trophy and the Lombardi award. The kid started at LT from day one in college, as a true freshman. LT was his as long as he was healthy in college. Rarely penalized, rarely gave up sacks. He's big, at 6'6". and they say he can easily hold more than the 315 pounds he was in college. There was talk that his first shoulder repairs "didn't take", but the Drs were confident they got it fixed the last time. Apparently the shoulder has been a problem since HS, but...if they can only get it fixed....they might have a real value for a 7th round pick.

The real oddity is the Packers seem to have a few guys who are LTs only, Newhouse, Sherrod and Datko all seemed to struggle more at any position but LT.

pbmax
02-24-2013, 12:36 PM
I wonder of AP did anything cutting edge or cyclist like, such as having his blood spun for treatment like Kobe and Peyton Manning in in their offseason in Germany.

MadScientist
02-24-2013, 12:51 PM
There was an article a while back where AP's doctor said how smooth his cartilage was compared to others he has operated on. It was also why his swelling went down faster so the surgery was done sooner after the injury than normal. Because of that he lost less muscle and his rehab went faster.

rbaloha1
02-24-2013, 01:05 PM
Finally you admit that Plater knows more than you do about most if not all topics discussed on this board.

As for studying the pistol or the read option, that A & M connection is a bit odd. But I do wish PB and I had followed through on our idea of kidnapping Shawn Scrotum. It would have resulted in a better Packers' team, and assistant coaches visiting a much nicer place than Bryan, Texas, which is in the middle of nowhere, frankly.

Please sherlock -- keep your butt wiping comments to yourself.

Nothing was resolved from "webmd"

rbaloha1
02-24-2013, 01:09 PM
There was an article a while back where AP's doctor said how smooth his cartilage was compared to others he has operated on. It was also why his swelling went down faster so the surgery was done sooner after the injury than normal. Because of that he lost less muscle and his rehab went faster.

so how does this relate to sherrod new know it all webmd?

rbaloha1
02-24-2013, 01:13 PM

yea, jail is a good place for you.

Patler
02-24-2013, 01:54 PM

I have a difficult time understanding you. You make a "medical opinion post" such as that above; then, when anyone else does the same, even if they basically agree with you (which is what I did), you reply with snarky comments such as:

Sorry webmd.

Please sherlock -- keep your butt wiping comments to yourself.

Nothing was resolved from "webmd"

so how does this relate to sherrod new know it all webmd?

yea, jail is a good place for you.

Why is that???

rbaloha1
02-24-2013, 02:00 PM
I have a difficult time understanding you. You make a "medical opinion post" such as that above; then, when anyone else does the same, even if they basically agree with you (which is what I did), you reply with snarky comments such as:

it is what it is

patler its all good with you -- its your fan club -- btw i am jealous -- lol:trll:

Why is that???
it is what it is

patler its all good with you -- its your fan club -- btw i am jealous -- lol:trll:

swede
02-24-2013, 02:13 PM

Interesting story on why Adrian Peterson has such smooth cartilage...
http://www.anotherwayoflookingatit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/jimmyTheGreekWRC_ScreenCap504.jpg

smuggler
02-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Well... The Greek was right, but don't let science get in the way of the POCOs and their bitching.

With that said, who cares what race is best at sports?

swede
02-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Well... The Greek was right, but don't let science get in the way of the POCOs and their bitching.

With that said, who cares what race is best at sports?

I felt kind of bad for the guy. He'd had a few drinks in him and he was feeling shwell as he was talking to the interviewer.

So he said what he had probably said dozens of times in private, betraying a simplistic, insensitive, but probably not completely incorrect point of view. I suppose saying what he said implied the black athlete has a natural advantage not connected to effort or intellect.

Wakes up the next morning and he's done. Done.

But if you say that Adrian Peterson has a natural advantage of physiology that allows him to heal more quickly than others you are on solid ground.

I get the difference even if Jimmy doesn't.

sharpe1027
02-24-2013, 08:28 PM

If you planned to use performance enhancers to heal quickly it would be wise to have a doctor's explanation. Used to always hear about how Lance Armstrong had an abnormally big heart.... ;)

Guiness
02-24-2013, 10:15 PM
If you planned to use performance enhancers to heal quickly it would be wise to have a doctor's explanation. Used to always hear about how Lance Armstrong had an abnormally big heart.... ;)

Really? Did he give a lot of money to good causes?

MadtownPacker
02-24-2013, 11:03 PM
so how does this relate to sherrod new know it all webmd?Exactly who the fuck are you? But that I mean who do you think you are that you can call everyone out for having their own opinions? Are you trying to run people off or something? I really want to know. Feel free to PM it to me if you don't want to answer in public.

sharpe1027
02-25-2013, 09:05 AM

Yes. One Christmas, his small heart grew three sizes that day.

rbaloha1
02-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Exactly who the fuck are you? But that I mean who do you think you are that you can call everyone out for having their own opinions? Are you trying to run people off or something? I really want to know. Feel free to PM it to me if you don't want to answer in public.

No.

sharpe1027
02-25-2013, 09:32 AM

At the risk of going way off topic: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/07/0722_050722_armstrong.html

It is amusing to look back at how people justified Lance's dominance now that we know some of the truth:

Armstrong clearly has some great genetic advantages.

His oversized heart can beat over 200 times a minute and thus pump an extraordinarily large volume of blood and oxygen to his legs. His VO2 max—the maximum amount of oxygen his lungs can take in, an important measurement for an endurance athlete—is extremely high.

But other elite athletes have similarly powerful hearts and lungs. Instead, Coyle says, smarter training may have contributed to giving Armstrong an edge over his competitors.

And

Early in his career Armstrong showed only average muscle efficiency—the percentage of chemical energy that the muscles are able to harness to produce power. Higher muscle efficiency means greater production of power.

From 1992 to 1999, the year of his first Tour de France win, Armstrong was able to increase his muscle efficiency by 8 percent through hard and dedicated training. Coyle says Armstrong is the only human who has been shown to change his muscle efficiency.

"It was believed that muscle efficiency is something you're born with, that you can't change," Coyle said. "But we've documented that Armstrong has indeed changed it while training intensely."

By making his muscles 8 percent more efficient, Coyle said, "Armstrong is 8 percent more powerful on the Tour de France"—enough to get his competitors off his wheel.

Lance apparently did something nobody else had ever done, something that conventional wisdom and science held to be extremely unlikely. I don't know that All Day used some smarter training and I'm not going to try to prove it (I can't), but in this day and age it would not be even a slight surprise to me if he did. More power to him.

rbaloha1
02-25-2013, 09:46 AM
Exactly who the fuck are you? But that I mean who do you think you are that you can call everyone out for having their own opinions? Are you trying to run people off or something? I really want to know. Feel free to PM it to me if you don't want to answer in public.

Time to stop trolling everyone you feel disagrees with you. You can have a difference of opinion without acting how you have been.

PLEASE ENFORCE THE SAME STANDARD TO ALL RAT POSTERS.

Thank you.

Zool
02-25-2013, 09:55 AM
PLEASE ENFORCE THE SAME STANDARD TO ALL RAT POSTERS.

Thank you.

If everyone is saying one thing, and you're the only person saying another, do you think it's everyone or maybe it's just you? We really have no time for trolls here. Time to figure it out.

rbaloha1
02-25-2013, 10:08 AM
If everyone is saying one thing, and you're the only person saying another, do you think it's everyone or maybe it's just you? We really have no time for trolls here. Time to figure it out.

Appreciate your assessment!

That is your biased opinion.

I am not calling out the board or any rat poster -- I AM NOT A CRYBABY:cry:

pbmax
02-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Appreciate your assessment!

That is your biased opinion.

I am not calling out the board or any rat poster -- I AM NOT A CRYBABY:cry:

But you do seem to be the focus. Even if you feel you are just reacting to other's comments, its not helping.

How about just settling down and see if everyone reciprocates? Works pretty well most of the time.

rbaloha1
02-25-2013, 10:27 AM
But you do seem to be the focus. Even if you feel you are just reacting to other's comments, its not helping.

How about just settling down and see if everyone reciprocates? Works pretty well most of the time.

I am not singling out any poster but too many posters are thin skinned whiners playing god. There were times a mod sent me a message about a post and my replies were -- something to the fact its all good.

Some posters take stuff way way to seriously or think they are funny but are actually offensive.

Quit whining and just post. (Not calling out anyone)

Cheesehead Craig
02-25-2013, 11:32 AM

I have the same feeling you do about Worthy. Something just says that he's not coming back next season. That is unless instead of kidnapping Scrotum you are willing to do some B&E and put some hgh in Worthy's Cheerios.

Fritz
02-25-2013, 02:55 PM
The sad part is that I was super pumped when they drafted Worthy. I liked how quick he was, and I thought he was a steal at that point in the round.

I appear to have been wrong. The guy never did anything impressive at all.

So I am willing to pour all kinds of hgh in his cheerios if it will help the Packers. I am willing to sacrifice another human being's long-term health in order for the Packers to win.

rbaloha1
02-25-2013, 04:14 PM
The sad part is that I was super pumped when they drafted Worthy. I liked how quick he was, and I thought he was a steal at that point in the round.

I appear to have been wrong. The guy never did anything impressive at all.

So I am willing to pour all kinds of hgh in his cheerios if it will help the Packers. I am willing to sacrifice another human being's long-term health in order for the Packers to win.

ditto

MJZiggy
02-25-2013, 10:23 PM
it is what it is

Patler's fan club was earned by consistently accurate and respectful posting. It is not a random thing, but something he EARNED over a decent stretch of time. Learn to understand football the way he does and demonstrate that understanding while not being offensive to the whole board and you too could someday have a fan club that rivals his. Until then, he has earned our respect and you have earned a reputation as a troll.

rbaloha1
02-25-2013, 11:40 PM
Patler's fan club was earned by consistently accurate and respectful posting. It is not a random thing, but something he EARNED over a decent stretch of time. Learn to understand football the way he does and demonstrate that understanding while not being offensive to the whole board and you too could someday have a fan club that rivals his. Until then, he has earned our respect and you have earned a reputation as a troll.

Which Nigerian scam did you fall for?

rbaloha1
02-25-2013, 11:42 PM

Braddah my fan club is bigger than anyone on this board.

Care to swap e-mails crybaby?

Pugger
02-26-2013, 08:20 AM

Which Nigerian scam did you fall for?

It appears your response to her post has confirmed it - stop behaving like a troll.

rbaloha1
02-26-2013, 08:45 AM
It appears your response to her post has confirmed it - stop behaving like a troll.

stop acting like a nit wit:no:

SkinBasket
02-26-2013, 09:27 AM
This is a wonderful thread. I'm glad we're so accepting of all types of posters. It really adds a lot to the discussion day after day after day after day.

rbaloha1
02-26-2013, 09:45 AM
This is a wonderful thread. I'm glad we're so accepting of all types of posters. It really adds a lot to the discussion day after day after day after day.

ditto

equal opportunity board:five:

SkinBasket
02-26-2013, 10:12 AM
Except you're pretty much a dick to everyone while everyone else is expected to pretend you don't exist. That's not exactly equal opportunity. More like special ed. To be clear, since I've been asked to treat you differently than other posters, I'm not saying you're retarded, you're just kind of acting like it. I don't want to hurt your feelings or make you feel like you have to act out more than you are.

rbaloha1
02-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Except you're pretty much a dick to everyone while everyone else is expected to pretend you don't exist. That's not exactly equal opportunity. More like special ed. To be clear, since I've been asked to treat you differently than other posters, I'm not saying you're retarded, you're just kind of acting like it. I don't want to hurt your feelings or make you feel like you have to act out more than you are.

Who is retarded? Look in the mirror moron:bump:

Bossman641
02-26-2013, 10:49 AM

It can get worse??!!

SkinBasket
02-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Who is retarded? Look in the mirror moron:bump:

I explicitly said no one is retarded, to answer your question. Maybe my words are too moronic for you to understand. I apologize.

MadtownPacker
02-26-2013, 12:10 PM
stop acting like a nit wit:no:
Dont sweat this Pugger, Mr RB has said aloha for a while. Sad but true.

pbmax
02-26-2013, 01:00 PM

Skin and Mad the calm voices of reason; and one reason to love this board.

Not a fan of what it did to my thread though.

Fritz
02-26-2013, 01:14 PM

It really does fit the thread title, though.

Guiness
02-26-2013, 03:05 PM
It really does fit the thread title, though.

As in...getting rid of the junk?

MJZiggy
02-28-2013, 06:12 PM

Dammit! You put him in time out before I got a chance to tell him off. Stupid job!

Fritz
02-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Dammit! You put him in time out before I got a chance to tell him off. Stupid job!
I got jealous when he said he would email you!

MJZiggy
02-28-2013, 06:43 PM
I got jealous when he said he would email you!
You still have my email address, don't you? Now that Drew's off the market and all...

run pMc
03-01-2013, 08:56 AM

1. McCarthy sounded a little hopeful that Sherrod might get some normal offseason work in. Expects both Sherry and Bulaga to be ready for camp.

2. Worthy going to be hard pressed to make camp.

3. Packers D coaches going to Texas A&M to work with Kevin Sumlin on defending the read option this offseason.

4. Packers studying injuries in attempt to isolate problems and reduce.

1. I sure hope Sherrod comes back and shows he can play LT. I think Bulaga is better at RT than LT, and Newhouse is ok but not great. Competition in TC can only help.

2. I expect Worthy to be on the PUP and possibly IR'd for the year. I don't see how a week 17 ACL injury won't cost him part of the season.

3. Nice idea, but a bit of a headscratcher. I like that they are trying to get more info on the read option and defending it, but I've read a lot of comments from those who think A&M doesn't really run that type of offense, so I wonder if this is a Slocum thing. A&M must face other teams that run it, so there might be something there, but I'd expect there are other schools they could have visited instead.

4. Good idea. GB has had a lot of injuries -- hamstrings come to mind -- so I wonder if there's something in the conditioning program. Can't be caused by just cold weather. I realize it's a brutal violent sport, but it would be nice to see a healthy 22 be able to consistently line up.

woodbuck27
03-01-2013, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=MJZiggy;715317]Dammit! You put him in time out before I got a chance to tell him off. Stupid job![/QUOTE

'Of course' :talk: Packerrats gets clarification from MJZiggy.

Here's some really positive input. Why saddle that poster with the insulting handle ' Crybaby Rat '. Packerrats wants respect on behalf of that poster!? If that's the case or issue then why not give that poster some decent respect.

Give that poster an olive branch. Is that too hard?

Find a decent handle for that poster. Something other than 'Crybaby Rat' might help. It might be 'at least' worth a try!?

MJZiggy
03-02-2013, 08:11 AM
[QUOTE=MJZiggy;715317]Dammit! You put him in time out before I got a chance to tell him off. Stupid job![/QUOTE

'Of course' :talk: Packerrats gets clarification from MJZiggy.

Here's some really positive input. Why saddle that poster with the insulting handle ' Crybaby Rat '. Packerrats wants respect on behalf of that poster!? If that's the case or issue then why not give that poster some decent respect.

Give that poster an olive branch. Is that too hard?

Find a decent handle for that poster. Something other than 'Crybaby Rat' might help. It might be 'at least' worth a try!?

One, I'm not sure why you quoted me to complain about this. Unless you think standing up for one of our most revered posters against an attack by a troll is a bad idea.... Two, I don't hand out rat names, but I suspect that this was not one he started out with, rather one that was well earned. See? He did earn something!

ThunderDan
03-02-2013, 08:17 AM
1. I sure hope Sherrod comes back and shows he can play LT. I think Bulaga is better at RT than LT, and Newhouse is ok but not great. Competition in TC can only help.

2. I expect Worthy to be on the PUP and possibly IR'd for the year. I don't see how a week 17 ACL injury won't cost him part of the season.

3. Nice idea, but a bit of a headscratcher. I like that they are trying to get more info on the read option and defending it, but I've read a lot of comments from those who think A&M doesn't really run that type of offense, so I wonder if this is a Slocum thing. A&M must face other teams that run it, so there might be something there, but I'd expect there are other schools they could have visited instead.

4. Good idea. GB has had a lot of injuries -- hamstrings come to mind -- so I wonder if there's something in the conditioning program. Can't be caused by just cold weather. I realize it's a brutal violent sport, but it would be nice to see a healthy 22 be able to consistently line up.

I would be happy to line up a healthy 19 at any point in the season.

woodbuck27
03-02-2013, 10:58 AM
[QUOTE=woodbuck27;715360]

One, I'm not sure why you quoted me to complain about this. Unless you think standing up for one of our most revered posters against an attack by a troll is a bad idea.... Two, I don't hand out rat names, but I suspect that this was not one he started out with, rather one that was well earned. See? He did earn something!

Hi MJZigggy:

Why do you imagine that Patler needs 'you' to stand up for or in for him? Why do you feel that you must be the white knight or the new sheriff in town whenever 'certain' posters are behaving badly? You seem to too often need to get 'your 2 cents worth' in there, and if so, can't you handle it more positively? Here's a polite suggestion that you may consider.

Time and again I've seen you 'just have to get in the mix', when maybe a heads up post to that member may have better served all at Packerrats.

It's obvious to any poster here that that member has issues. What they are is up to more important people here to determine. It was becoming obvious that that poster was cruising for a bruising and would be given time to reconsider his attitude and possibly enlighten those here that will or won't give that poster the privilege to post.

MJZiggy....Do you imagine your input in this instance aided or hurt the issue? Was your position any more or less 'the bully' than that posters?

swede
03-02-2013, 03:09 PM
Woody, your wife is posting for you again...and she is scolding people.

MJZiggy
03-02-2013, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=MJZiggy;715395]

Hi MJZigggy:

Why do you imagine that Patler needs 'you' to stand up for or in for him? Why do you feel that you must be the white knight or the new sheriff in town whenever 'certain' posters are behaving badly? You seem to too often need to get 'your 2 cents worth' in there, and if so, can't you handle it more positively? Here's a polite suggestion that you may consider.

Time and again I've seen you 'just have to get in the mix', when maybe a heads up post to that member may have better served all at Packerrats.

It's obvious to any poster here that that member has issues. What they are is up to more important people here to determine. It was becoming obvious that that poster was cruising for a bruising and would be given time to reconsider his attitude and possibly enlighten those here that will or won't give that poster the privilege to post.

MJZiggy....Do you imagine your input in this instance aided or hurt the issue? Was your position any more or less 'the bully' than that posters?

I will stand up for whomever I choose. But thanks for being the white knight to defend every fucking troll against the viciousness that is me. Look at your own posts before judging everyone else's.

HarveyWallbangers
03-02-2013, 11:32 PM
I don't even see the need to ban fools. I've had the dude on ignore for awhile. It's made my PR experience much better.

MJZiggy
03-03-2013, 09:04 AM
I don't even see the need to ban fools. I've had the dude on ignore for awhile. It's made my PR experience much better.

You're right. I should put Woodbuck on ignore too...

smuggler
03-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Woody has a good take every now and again. Not true of rbaloha.

woodbuck27
03-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Woody has a good take every now and again. Not true of rbaloha.

I'm not defending that poster. He was clearly cruising for a bruising.

My position is that posters here do not need to encourage that sort of behaviour by engaging such behaviour.

woodbuck27
03-05-2013, 09:33 PM
[QUOTE=woodbuck27;715399]

I will stand up for whomever I choose. But thanks for being the white knight to defend every fucking troll against the viciousness that is me. Look at your own posts before judging everyone else's.

I endeavour to make myself clear.

Your attitude and arrogance isn't worth a further response.

MJZiggy
03-05-2013, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE=MJZiggy;715417]

I endeavour to make myself clear.

You haven't been clear since sometime in the 70s...and your problem with me is that I won't be a good girl and stay "in my place." Too bad, sweetie, because if some troll gets in Patler's face, I will say something. I know that's not what you want, but if you'll notice, I just let our troll know that Patler has earned his reputation and the troll earned his. Nothing more, really. It was you who got all bent out of shape because a woman (gasp!!) stood up for a man! I notice you didn't have a problem with any of the men who said anything to the troll--and who said far worse than complimenting Patler's reputation here. Why is that? Why are they allowed to comment and I am supposed to sit quietly in the corner? I'd love a good answer to this one...

woodbuck27
03-06-2013, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE=woodbuck27;715628]
You haven't been clear since sometime in the 70s...and your problem with me is that I won't be a good girl and stay "in my place." Too bad, sweetie, because if some troll gets in Patler's face, I will say something. I know that's not what you want, but if you'll notice, I just let our troll know that Patler has earned his reputation and the troll earned his. Nothing more, really. It was you who got all bent out of shape because a woman (gasp!!) stood up for a man! I notice you didn't have a problem with any of the men who said anything to the troll--and who said far worse than complimenting Patler's reputation here. Why is that? Why are they allowed to comment and I am supposed to sit quietly in the corner? I'd love a good answer to this one...

"You haven't been clear since sometime in the 70s..." MJZiggy

OK MJZiggy I'll try to be perfectly clear. Maybe in return you might please demonstrate some strength and find some decency and class. Utilize some common sense that's best demonstrated by simply taking the time to think before you shoot off in arrogance. Try to defend your position with less of a leap in terms of criticism and denouncement utilizing crass insults and a smug-arrogant demeanour.

Please don't try to entertain this forum playing 'the poor me female' Vs woodbuck27 'MALE'. Playing the 'woodbuck27 is a Misogynist' card. That's a giant crock and only sets you up for an appeal based on your gender. My complaint with you isn't against you the female but you as MJZiggy a poster at Packerrats.

My reaction towords you is as a result of hoping for more from you. Your need to insult another is what gets you in a mess MJZiggy. Don't run all over with this being any insult to you either. You asked for a clear response and here it is even though you already received that. That wasn't good enough for your arrogance.You just keep blasting off and labeling instead of trying to see a better perspective. You're reaching midlife and still don't get it.

Too often you think that other people are ignorant and stupid. You believe your obnoxious, blowhard, pushey, overbearing ways set your position here to command a certain respect that I disagree with MJZiggy. I see you simply as trecherous. It seems to me based in observation, that you actually believe you have a higher position or status here. That's the arrogance of your personality. That arrogance is one of the most dangerous elements of who you really are. Your not about building rather tearing down. Your not about examining to understand. Rather you choose to judge and label. You take a look at yourself in the mirrow MJZiggy.

That poster you blasted on this thread seems obviously troubled. That fact didn't need your exclamation point MJZiggy. MTP tried to find an understanding with this poster and that attempt failed. Your style of posting and 2 cents worth only added fuel to the fire. Made the problem worse.

I hope and trust this post is clear enough for you.

Cheesehead Craig
03-06-2013, 10:59 AM
:cat:

:drma:

Guiness
03-06-2013, 11:01 AM

That poster you blasted on this thread seems obviously troubled. That fact didn't need your exclamation point MJZiggy. MTP tried to find an understanding with this poster and that attempt failed. Your style of posting and 2 cents worth only added fuel to the fire. Made the problem worse.

I hope and trust this post is clear enough for you.

Then you can put me in that category buddy. I poked him a bit myself, was upset at the way he treated people I consider friends, put him on my ignore list and am not sad to see him go. Rbaloha wasn't trouble, he was a troll who relished in causing causing conflict here, the type of conflict we haven't had in some time, and I'm sure none of us miss.

MadtownPacker
03-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Are you two done?

woodbuck27
03-06-2013, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE=Guiness;715657]Then you can put me in that category buddy. I poked him a bit myself, was upset at the way he treated people I consider friends, put him on my ignore list and am not sad to see him go. Rbaloha wasn't trouble, he was a troll who relished in causing causing conflict here, the type of conflict we haven't had in some time, and I'm sure none of us miss.[/QUOTE

rbaloha1 clearly was a challenged poster here. I'm not defending his style of posting. I have no position in terms of his present status as I have no relevant status.

In terms of MJZiggy her attitude in terms of my suggestion to her has run this where it is now. She asked for clarity and I've done my best to give her that respect. Unfortunately that doesn't contain compliment.

woodbuck27
03-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Are you two done?

MJZiggy wanted clarity. I respected that request.

I need not elaborate.

Upnorth
03-06-2013, 12:45 PM
So not to get off topic, but going back to the PUP/IR probability of Worthy, when a player is IR'ed in the off season, if you hop eto get him back half way through the season does he have to be designated to return during the off season? I am still not clear on that new rule.

sharpe1027
03-06-2013, 01:25 PM

I also had ignore enabled. I still saw all the posts from everyone else responding. :)

pbmax
03-06-2013, 06:07 PM
So not to get off topic, but going back to the PUP/IR probability of Worthy, when a player is IR'ed in the off season, if you hop eto get him back half way through the season does he have to be designated to return during the off season? I am still not clear on that new rule.

If he misses all of camp, he is eligible for PUP and the IR-Designated to Return is not necessary. If he can't go after PUP's six weeks and 3 weeks exemption, then something else must be done unless they keep him on the active roster. I am not sure if you can IR-DTR someone after PUP. Nor am I certain if IR-DTR has a minimum number of weeks that would make it useless in a 16 game schedule after PUP+3 week exemption.

Joemailman
03-06-2013, 06:40 PM
If he misses all of camp, he is eligible for PUP and the IR-Designated to Return is not necessary. If he can't go after PUP's six weeks and 3 weeks exemption, then something else must be done unless they keep him on the active roster. I am not sure if you can IR-DTR someone after PUP. Nor am I certain if IR-DTR has a minimum number of weeks that would make it useless in a 16 game schedule after PUP+3 week exemption.

A player put on IR-DTR must remain there for at least 6 weeks.

pbmax
03-06-2013, 06:46 PM
A player put on IR-DTR must remain there for at least 6 weeks.

So 6 +3 + 6 is Week 15 and you get two regular season games out of him. Sounds like its PUP or nothing in 2013.

packrulz
03-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Ball and others had a good pro day in Wisconsin, TT was there: http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/03/06/montee-ball-impresses-at-wisconsins-pro-day/

Patler
03-06-2013, 09:34 PM

I think as enacted for this year, IR-DTR required that the player was on the active roster in Week 1. I'm not positive about that.

pbmax
03-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Ball and others had a good pro day in Wisconsin, TT was there: http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/03/06/montee-ball-impresses-at-wisconsins-pro-day/

One watch had him at 4.46, another at 4.53. Wisconsin's indoor facility is supposed to be a notch faster than Indy though.

Fritz
03-07-2013, 05:52 AM
One watch had him at 4.46, another at 4.53. Wisconsin's indoor facility is supposed to be a notch faster than Indy though.

If he ends up with the Packers, think of all the riffs on the "Let's Make a Deal" line.

Bretsky
03-07-2013, 06:26 AM

I those were his two forty runs...........one at 4.46 and the other was at 4.53

pbmax
03-07-2013, 07:06 AM
I those were his two forty runs...........one at 4.46 and the other was at 4.53

Possibly. I was getting this off the radio. I thought they said his two runs in the 40 were even, but your take would make more sense.