PDA

View Full Version : Packers to use extra cap space, NOT necessarily on free agents--JS

Bretsky
03-01-2013, 07:00 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/194075391.html

Bretsky
03-01-2013, 07:02 AM
I get a kick out of this statement

There is a budget for that, but since GM Ted Thompson only goes for bargain basement deals, he can basically peel a couple of salary cap bills out of his wallet to take care of that.

pbmax
03-01-2013, 07:45 AM
I wonder if Brady's deal will induce teams to offer less overall money and more guaranteed salary. In Rodgers case, it would make sense and help the cap number.

Smeefers
03-01-2013, 09:10 AM
I wonder if Brady's deal will induce teams to offer less overall money and more guaranteed salary. In Rodgers case, it would make sense and help the cap number.

Nope. Rodgers is gonna look at what Brees is getting and he's gonna say "I deserve more than that. I'm better." He'll get paid.

woodbuck27
03-01-2013, 10:35 AM
Nope. Rodgers is gonna look at what Brees is getting and he's gonna say "I deserve more than that. I'm better." He'll get paid.

Is ARod the real leader we hope he is? I believe he is and so disagree with you.

As a true leader he will take more guranteed up front bonus money as Tom Brady did. He needs to QB a stronger team to ensure his NFL legacy and win another Super Bowl. He'll ensure that his compensation has less impact on the CAP over the immediate couple of years when he signs his next contract.

GO PACKERS !