PDA

View Full Version : Which Player or Position Would You Not Want Drafted - First Round?

Fritz
03-05-2013, 05:43 AM
You know that feeling - the one Jets' fans are so familiar with. It's the one that happens when the Commish announces your team's first round pick - your heart sinks, your stomach sickens, and the three letters running through your mind, over and over, are WTF.

So who's that guy or what's the position that will prompt that response in you on April 26? Is it when Ted drafts a guy with suspect character? A guy at a position you think is stocked? A guy who seems to be slow or unathletic? Who? Who or what would make you throw your beer at the television or computer screen?

Joemailman
03-05-2013, 06:06 AM
I'd be ticked off if they picked a Long Snapper, Fullback, Punter Kicker or Quarterback.

Other than that, I think it's BPA time.

pbmax
03-05-2013, 07:22 AM
No more Left Tackles. For at least a year. Probably not a WR but that might be asking too much.

Other than that, go nuts.

Guiness
03-05-2013, 08:07 AM
No more Left Tackles. For at least a year. Probably not a WR but that might be asking too much.

Other than that, go nuts.

So you don't want Menelik Watson? I really like him - he has some ridiculous unofficial 40 times, very athletic by all accounts and I think he'll be a first rounder. But ya, I undertand, 2 of the last 3 years is enough.

So what round does the Honey Badger go in? If he gets drafted by Seattle or Denver, how does the weed testing work???

Cheesehead Craig
03-05-2013, 10:24 AM
No Honey Badger.

smuggler
03-05-2013, 10:25 AM
It's still illegal by league rules even if it's legal in the state he lives/plays in. And, he'll go in round 5-7 or go UDFA

run pMc
03-05-2013, 12:47 PM
I'd be ticked off if they picked a Long Snapper, Fullback, Punter Kicker or Quarterback.

+1

My first thought was QB, but LS, FB, P, K would also get a 'WTF' reaction.
Ted's gonna be Ted and probably do something to at least get a 'huh...didn't expect that' response from me, so I guess I'm expecting the unexpected.
With all the talk about moving Bulaga to LT, I wonder if it isn't a smokescreen for taking an OT early in the draft.

Guiness
03-05-2013, 01:24 PM
I hope the Pack picks up a QB somewhere in the draft - is anyone convinced Harrell would be a good idea to start a game or two? A developmental guy would be a good idea.

Patler
03-05-2013, 01:28 PM
I hope the Pack picks up a QB somewhere in the draft - is anyone convinced Harrell would be a good idea to start a game or two? A developmental guy would be a good idea.

I'm looking forward to seeing if B.J. Coleman shows any improvement.

The Shadow
03-05-2013, 01:38 PM
I have always resisted a desire for the 'athletic freak' who makes an inevitable appearance in each year's draft, but I have a definite interest in M. Hunt, DE.
He's raw, but I am intrigued by what the coaching staff could do with him.

packrulz
03-05-2013, 01:48 PM
I wouldn't want any of the QB's in the first round.

Ballboy
03-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Cut Finley, resign Jennings to a 3 year deal and draft Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame.

Then use 2 round pick on LB or S

Then 3rd round on OL or DL

Smeefers
03-05-2013, 05:10 PM
I'd be pissed about a CB. I think we're really deep at that position. I also think WR would be a mistake. If we keep Finely, then a TE would piss me off.

pbmax
03-05-2013, 05:15 PM
I'd be pissed about a CB. I think we're really deep at that position. I also think WR would be a mistake. If we keep Finely, then a TE would piss me off.

Good point. Forgot about that. No CB.

Smeefers
03-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Good point. Forgot about that. No CB.

I'm sorry, you must have me confused with someone else. You said "good point." That obviously can't be right.

pbmax
03-05-2013, 05:48 PM
I'm sorry, you must have me confused with someone else. You said "good point." That obviously can't be right.

Well in this case, we are both going to be wrong with a full head of steam. No CB.

And that's after years of saying, a developmental CB would be nice since Woodson has to retire sometime.

Tony Oday
03-05-2013, 06:47 PM
I want a stud DLineman...

Guiness
03-05-2013, 07:04 PM
It's still illegal by league rules even if it's legal in the state he lives/plays in. And, he'll go in round 5-7 or go UDFA

It obviously will be, but have to point out that against league rules != illegal.

Iron Mike
03-05-2013, 07:18 PM
No Honey Badger.

http://i.qkme.me/3t0bs6.jpg

red
03-05-2013, 08:39 PM
i'm with PB. i don't want to see them trying to draft a LT with the first pick. and i really don't want to see a WR taken with that pick either.

first off, no wr's really excite me.
second. our wr's always come in the second round
third. even with driver and jennings gone, we still have maybe 3 guys that could be #1's. if we take a wr i would rather it be around the 3rd round or later

woodbuck27
03-05-2013, 09:11 PM
With news that I learned today that Dwayne Bowe got a nice contract with KC the Greg Jennings 'for Free Agency' stock, just went up. After Mike Wallace it looks like he may well be the man. The way he's acting I feel it must be 'a goodbye'.

So TT will run another season with Jermichael Finley inspite of his predicament with his mouth. JF should understand that 'no news is good news'. Also TT has to keep something on the table for Aaron Rodgers.

So we are going to be short a WR that wasn't here last season. Will TT hold on that at #26? I hope so.

I don't want a pick at WR or TE. I don't like the LT that may be available ie D.J. Fluker. We don't need a CB that's a dreamer. ie Johnthan Banks.

TT needs a proven defensive lineman in Free Agency. Otherwise I want him to pick on the DL ie Damontre Moore Fr. Texas A&M, Kawann Short FR. Purdue, Johnathan Hankins Fr.Ohio State or maybe Alex Okafor Fr. Texas, Sam Montgomery FR. LSU or Jesse Williams of Alabama.

I also like ILB Kevin Minter of LSU.

Will TT roll the dice on a RB? ie Eddie Lacy, RB, Fr. Alabama. That would really surprize me.

TT needs a strong body if he picks at #26 and if he can land a solid safety with his second round pick...great. It just makes sense to me to see TT trade down in round one.

Fritz
03-06-2013, 06:25 AM
Most of the posting has been about what position you don't want to see drafted.

Weirdly enough, if TT took a QB in round one, I'd be okay with it. Guess I'm thinking of the gold SF struck by trading their backup QB away. Not that that happens every time.

But what about specific players? Honey Badger won't be taken by anyone in the first two rounds, so what about guys that, if TT took at 26, you'd simultaneously poop your pants and barf?

For me, that'd be Te'o. No more slow linebackers, please. Plus I have read that Te'o is not really liked or respected by his teammates. So please, no Te'o.

And no Montee Ball in round two. He sounds like just another TT running back. He's okay at a lot of stuff, but in the end, he's just okay. We had that in Brandon Jackson, Alex Green (so far but I have some hope), james Starks, Ryan Grant.

Bretsky
03-06-2013, 07:01 AM

ditto

Bretsky
03-06-2013, 07:05 AM

Weirdly enough, if TT took a QB in round one, I'd be okay with it. Guess I'm thinking of the gold SF struck by trading their backup QB away. Not that that happens every time.

But what about specific players? Honey Badger won't be taken by anyone in the first two rounds, so what about guys that, if TT took at 26, you'd simultaneously poop your pants and barf?

For me, that'd be Te'o. No more slow linebackers, please. Plus I have read that Te'o is not really liked or respected by his teammates. So please, no Te'o.

And no Montee Ball in round two. He sounds like just another TT running back. He's okay at a lot of stuff, but in the end, he's just okay. We had that in Brandon Jackson, Alex Green (so far but I have some hope), james Starks, Ryan Grant.

San Francisco got lucky and that rarely rarely happens. They drafted the #1 first and they were not confident in the dude so they grabbed a QB at round 2. They think he's the stud.

If we think we have a stud for the next 5-7 years I'd definitely puke if we drafted a guy at QB to ride the pine and then eventually trade.

I think there might be teams trying to move up to our pick to get a QB; I'm all about the trade down again !!!!!!!

Bretsky
03-06-2013, 07:06 AM
Monte Ball is far more polished than Brandon Jackson

Pugger
03-06-2013, 07:54 AM
I want a stud DLineman...

If not that then I want some speed at ILB.

Pugger
03-06-2013, 08:00 AM
San Francisco got lucky and that rarely rarely happens. They drafted the #1 first and they were not confident in the dude so they grabbed a QB at round 2. They think he's the stud.

If we think we have a stud for the next 5-7 years I'd definitely puke if we drafted a guy at QB to ride the pine and then eventually trade.

I think there might be teams trying to move up to our pick to get a QB; I'm all about the trade down again !!!!!!!

The only QB worth taking in the first is Geno Smith so I think he'll be long gone before #26.

woodbuck27
03-06-2013, 10:31 AM

Looking realistically at our current position and at what TT may have available to him at #26:

Thus I responded

" I don't want a pick at WR or TE. I don't like the LT that may be available ie D.J. Fluker. We don't need a CB that's a dreamer. ie Johnthan Banks. "

I've got a bad feeling about Manti Te'O. I'd have a bad feeling if he was selected based just on what I observed at the Combine. I'm hoping for a better stronger athlete with TT's first round pick if he uses it.

PACKERS !

Cheesehead Craig
03-06-2013, 11:06 AM
I'll jump on the no Te'o bandwagon.

I also don't want the Pack to take a TE, any TE in rounds 1 or 2.

And no DT Johnathan Hankins. Only because I hate OSU. Damn cheaters.

run pMc
03-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Hard to say which position to not want in R1, because if it's a once in a lifetime player at P or K (as an extreme example) it could be a worthwhile pick at #26. I'd still probably be upset though.
Many times you can pick up a good player at some positions (e.g., S, C) later in the draft, so it's easier to pick on specific players.
Sooooo.....

I'll jump on the no Te'o bandwagon.
+1

GB needs help at ILB and OLB now that Jim Irsay lost his mind overpaying Erik Walden. Perry, Bishop and Smith are all coming off IR and Brad Jones is a UFA.
An OLB that can set the edge and pressure the QB enough to take some heat off Matthews and an ILB who can bring some meanness and pass coverage skills are on my wishlist.
There are only a few LB's that I like based on my 15 minutes of research and most will likely be gone by #26.

Te'o supposedly can drop into coverage, but he gives me the Hawk 2.0 vibe, so no way in R1. In R2? I'd think about it...and probably draft someone else or deal the pick to someone else who is hot for Te'o.
Alec Ogletree could fit the bill, but I can't figure out if he is Odell Thurman 2.0 or not. He jumps out to me more than Jarvis Jones but he's either immature or an idiot given some of the stuff he's done.

Actually a TE in R1 wouldn't bother me that much if they release Finley or let him walk next year. I heard Quarless' knee injury was bad, and the other TEs on the roster don't scare defenses. Think of it this way: depedning on how all this free agency drama shakes out, at this time next year the GB WR/TE corps could be without Jennings, Driver, James Jones, and Finley. Someone will have to step up.

Honey Badger is a mid round pick. He's a playmaker so someone will draft him, but he has a lot of baggage and he's small (5-9). Could be a dynamic guy in the slot and returning kicks, but not in R1.
I do think TT will look at adding bodies to the secondary, because will Woodson gone, Tramon is next and Sam is gonna want to get paid. Burnett will want his share too. Xavier Rhodes is a better athlete than player, and I wonder if he wouldn't be better at S. Most of the CB/S available at 26 are 'meh' to me.

I don't like any of the QBs in the first round, even at 26th pick. The JAX front office is right: if Blaine Gabbert were coming out this year instead of when he did, he'd be the top QB and probably the top pick. (He still isn't very good, though.)

No to any WR who either is a one year wonder or got kicked off the team in R1.

No to any player who basically got their stats by dominating for one game (esp. if it was vs. a bottom feeder) and disappearing the reason of the season.

Crap. The draft is like 5 weeks away and I promised myself I wouldn't get all caught up in this nonsense.