PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Packer draft poll

packrulz
03-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Select which player you would like TT to draft.

Smeefers
03-05-2013, 05:19 PM
I voted other, for Johnathan Jenkins from Georgia, DT.

Joemailman
03-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Other - Datone Jones, DE, Florida

MadtownPacker
03-05-2013, 05:29 PM
I'll take the weed smoking LBer from Georgia!!

Old School
03-05-2013, 05:36 PM
I voted for Hunt. He may be a bit raw, but once he's coached up I think he'll be a beast.

woodbuck27
03-05-2013, 08:40 PM
That's an intriguing poll requiring some analysis.

a) Off the top Sharrife Floyd DT Florida will be long gone even if TT uses #26 to pick in the first round. The same will more than likely be the case with Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia and D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama.

Also in regards to Jarvis Jones ... see Marcus McNeill and early retirement with the San Diego Chargers in regards to Jarvis Jones 2009 diagnosis of 'Spinal Stenosis'. With the loss of Nick Collins this diagnosis may scare TT away from Jarvis Jones?

b) Is Zach Ertz TE Stanford the best TE in this draft? Isn't Zach Ertz a reach at #26? It seems to me that Tyler Eifert od Notre Dame has moved ahead of Zach Ertz. In any case I don't believe that TT will use #26 to go TE.

c) Matt Elam FS Florida is actually the No. 1 ranked SS and at #26 somewhat of a reach.

d) Margus Hunt DE SMU is an amazing athlete but raw. If he's there for our pick in round two he should be considered as a project.

e) Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia and Manti Te'O ILB Notre Dame. I've a bad feeling about these two prospects and believe there are better choices at #26.

f) Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi St. the NO. 4 ranked CB 'feels' that he can cover any WR in the NFL, including Megatron. He runs a 4.61 40 - yard dash ! Besides....We've more need elsewhere.

ie at ILB and Kevin Minter, ILB Fr. LSU. There are loads of question marks RE: players at the top of this draft and trading down isn't a bad idea. If TT elects to use his #26 pick he might like this prospect and hope that his college game translates well to the NFL.

In final analysis ' today ;-)', my choice is other and ILB Kevin Minter, LSU.

red
03-05-2013, 08:52 PM
I voted other, for Johnathan Jenkins from Georgia, DT.

fat slow and unathletic is no way to go through life

at this point in the whole process there still isn't anyone that really jumps out at me, i can find flots of faults with almost everyone in the draft. i'm glad i'm not TT

woodbuck27
03-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Other - Datone Jones, DE, Florida

He'll go before #26.

packrulz
03-06-2013, 04:34 AM
I would draft any of these guys, but I chose Floyd, this draft is loaded at DT.

packrulz
03-06-2013, 04:55 AM
That's an intriguing poll requiring some analysis.

a) Off the top Sharrife Floyd DT Florida will be long gone even if TT uses #26 to pick in the first round. The same will more than likely be the case with Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia and D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama.

Also in regards to Jarvis Jones ... see Marcus McNeill and early retirement with the San Diego Chargers in regards to Jarvis Jones 2009 diagnosis of 'Spinal Stenosis'. With the loss of Nick Collins this diagnosis may scare TT away from Jarvis Jones?

b) Is Zach Ertz TE Stanford the best TE in this draft? Isn't Zach Ertz a reach at #26? It seems to me that Tyler Eifert od Notre Dame has moved ahead of Zach Ertz. In any case I don't believe that TT will use #26 to go TE.

c) Matt Elam FS Florida is actually the No. 1 ranked SS and at #26 somewhat of a reach.

d) Margus Hunt DE SMU is an amazing athlete but raw. If he's there for our pick in round two he should be considered as a project.

e) Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia and Manti Te'O ILB Notre Dame. I've a bad feeling about these two prospects and believe there are better choices at #26.

f) Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi St. the NO. 4 ranked CB 'feels' that he can cover any WR in the NFL, including Megatron. He runs a 4.61 40 - yard dash ! Besides....We've more need elsewhere.

ie at ILB and Kevin Minter, ILB Fr. LSU. There are loads of question marks RE: players at the top of this draft and trading down isn't a bad idea. If TT elects to use his #26 pick he might like this prospect and hope that his college game translates well to the NFL.

In final analysis ' today ;-)', my choice is other and ILB Kevin Minter, LSU.
You read a few articles and now you're an expert? Some of these guys will be there when TT picks, they've all been selected by the Pack in other mock drafts. I don't see Minter going in the first round of any mocks.

Fritz
03-06-2013, 06:15 AM
You read a few articles and now you're an expert? Some of these guys will be there when TT picks, they've all been selected by the Pack in other mock drafts. I don't see Minter going in the first round of any mocks.

Well, that's exactly how it works, Packrulz - for pretty much all of us. Some of us read two or three articles and opine that TT would be a fool to pick A or B, and is an ass if he doesn't pick player D. Others of us read thirty or forty articles and study three-cone-drill times, put graphs on the internet, and opine that player A is better than anyone out there really understands, because the reverse ratio of the three-cone-drill to the 40 yard dash, divided by the number of tackles/catches/blocks/td's (depending on the position) is a sure-fire way to tell who the best player is.

Me, I'm convinced Te'o would be a horrible pick. I'm convinced that TT needs to draft another big d-lineman early on to take Raji's place, as I know for sure he'll be gone after his contract is up. I think drafting a tackle or guard in the first round is a stupid mistake.

But I was also convinced that Chad Jackson was the right receiver for TT to pick and I couldn't figure out why the hell he'd take some guy named Jennings. And when Shermy traded up to get some receiver named Javon Walker I was convinced that was a stupid move, and when TT drafted Justin Harrell I was damn pleased.

But that doesn't stop me from knowing I'm right this time!

swede
03-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Bulaga and Sherrod and Perry were in the discussion these last few years, and we had no surprises.

I think this is more of a Jordy Nelson year. We will trade down and have no freaking idea why he picked who he picked an ILB from a div 1A school. I predict four picks for GB in rounds 2-3.

woodbuck27
03-06-2013, 10:43 AM

I'm no draft expert. I'm simply responding to your post based on the effort I've put forth to try and make some sense of what TT may be looking at at pick No. 26.; to do so realistically.

Did I infer that none of those prospects will be there at #26 in round one? No!

You don't like ILB Kevin Minter. OK. Mock Draft boards by the EXPERTS are changing every week and that may be the case in the final week prior to this upcoming draft. Yesterday I threw Kevin Minter out there and next week that may change as I continue to research this years draft.

Without meaning any offense to you. I'll give you a Mock Draft that has LB Kevin Minter going in the 1st round:

Bucky Brooks NFL.COM MOCK - March 04,2013

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146770/article/eric-fisher-claims-no-1-spot-in-2013-nfl-draft-big-board-20

26) Matt Elam, S, Florida (26)
27) Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame (9)
28) Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina (NR)
29) Kevin Minter, LB, LSU (29)
30) Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford (25)
31) Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State (20)
32) Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU (15)
33) Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State (34)
34) Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington (NR)
35) Robert Woods, WR, USC (33)
36) Kawann Short, DT, Purdue (NR)
37) DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson (36)
38) Eric Reid, S, LSU (38)
39) Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky (NR)
40) Margus Hunt, DE, SMU (NR)

I'll add this:

Mike Mayock alters position rankings for 2013 NFL Draft

By Mike Mayock ... Published: March 1, 2013 at 04:30 p.m. Updated: March 4, 2013 at 08:52 p.m.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000146289/article/mike-mayock-alters-position-rankings-for-2013-nfl-draft

Realistically and as attractive a prospect that Sharrif (not Sharrife) Floyd may be to all of us as the NO. 1 ranked DT. Should we believe that he may be available if TT with the #26 pick?

Simply ask that question of yourself. :wink:

Joemailman
03-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Reasons why I voted "Other":

D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama Want to get a better idea of what Packers have with Sherrod and Datko bfore drafting another LT on 1st round
ZACH ERTZ TE Stanford You can find elite TE talent after the 1st round
ALEC OGLETREE ILB Georgia Concerned about his suspension for substance abuse.
MATT ELAM FS Florida A bit of a reach at 26. I actually wouldn't be upset if he were the pick though.
JOHNTHAN BANKS CB Mississippi St. Don't really want to use a 1st round pick on a CB right now unless a player is clearly BPA. I don't think he is.
MANTI TE'O ILB Notre Dame Don't need to use a 1st round pick for an ILB. He's not an exceptional enough athlete to justify it either.
JARVIS JONES OLB Georgia If he's still available at 26, the medical concernss are too great to take him in 1st round.
SHARRIF FLOYD DT Florida I passed over him because I don't think there's any way he'll be available. Good pick if he is though.
MARGUS HUNT DE SMU Too much of a project to take in the 1st round.

red
03-06-2013, 06:26 PM
minter is one of the guys i am interested in, in the first round

i could see us trading down like the jordy year. i forget what expert said it, but they said during the combine that there really isn't much difference from like the #6 guy and the #50 guy or something like that. whatever it was, it was a huge range of guys around the same talent level.

either theres a lot of very talented guys in this draft, or theres a shitload of mediocre guys with just a few great prospects. i'm leaning towards the later unfortunately

packrulz
03-07-2013, 05:01 AM
Lots of question marks this year, there is no Andrew Luck or Joe Thomas. Considering Jarvis Jones spinal stenosis, it depends if it's severe or mild and can he pass a physical? I still think Te'o and Ogletree will be drafted in the first round, in spite of their personal issues. Likewise, I don't put too much stock in Jonathan Banks 40 time, some guys don't practice for those, I look at the film, he doesn't play slow, he looks fast returning punts, and he has played safety: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dO1Cs_Yu1w
True, the Packers probably won't get a shot at Floyd, but DL is the strength of this draft, if we draft Hunt and give him a year to coach him up, I'm fine with it: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pat-kirwan/21823671/in-deep-pool-of-d-line-talent-schemes-will-dictate-picks
I think all these guys are first round talents.

Smeefers
03-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Man, I'm surprised that People have suddenly starting to dump on Teo so much. I mean, yes, he's had a shitty road in the media, but that doesn't effect how he played on the field in the past. The dude was set up to be a top 10 pick before the girlfriend/boyfriend thing happened. If he drops to us, I'd dance like a little girl.