PDA

View Full Version : CULLEN JENKINS is a GIANT

Bretsky
03-10-2013, 09:16 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/196789861.html

pittstang5
03-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Don't they have enough good d-line talent.

Was hoping for a return to GB, but if TT really wanted him back, he'd be back.

Pugger
03-10-2013, 10:37 PM
I never expected TT to bring him back.

Bretsky
03-10-2013, 10:50 PM
I never expected TT to bring him back.

I didn't either.........but I didn't think he'd get paid as much as reported. Best to pass

Joemailman
03-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Don't they have enough good d-line talent.

Was hoping for a return to GB, but if TT really wanted him back, he'd be back.

Their DL talent isn't what it was. NYG were 31st in total defense, ranking very low in sacks and run defense. They probably need Jenkins worse than the Packers do. Plus, I think the Packers still have some hope that Mike Neal can fill the role Jenkins had here.

pbmax
03-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Giants media covering this as an effort by the Giants to shore up run defense.

denverYooper
03-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Their DL talent isn't what it was. NYG were 31st in total defense, ranking very low in sacks and run defense. They probably need Jenkins worse than the Packers do. Plus, I think the Packers still have some hope that Mike Neal can fill the role Jenkins had here.

Yeah. Crazy, that, for how badly that group annihilated the Packers last year.

woodbuck27
03-11-2013, 10:58 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/brad-jones-expected-to-be-a-hot-commodity-in-free-agency-bn93jn4-196798081.html

No dice

" It may have made a lot of sense to Packers fans to sign defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins, the former Packer who was released by the Philadelphia Eagles on Feb. 25.

But it didn't make sense to general manager Ted Thompson.

While Jenkins expressed a desire to return to Green Bay, the Packers never got involved in the bidding. On Sunday night, according to multiple reports, Jenkins agreed to a three-year, $8 million deal with the New York Giants that included $3 million of guaranteed money.

That is a reasonable amount for a veteran of Jenkins' caliber, but Thompson apparently didn't think he was worth it. According to his agent Brian Levy, the Packers "checked in" but never got involved in negotiations.

Thompson did approve a visit from former New York Giants end Chris Canty, which is a sign the team is interested, but he has not pursued negotiations yet and appears willing to wait so they can get him at the lowest price.

Kansas City and Tennessee also have expressed interest."

PACKERS !

Comment woodbuck27:

I'm hoping that Ted Thompson will make a strong move in FA RE: one or two of our sure needs (DL, ILB and/or Safety). It's being rumored that ILB Brad Jones has been drawing interest by many NFL teams as the official FA period (3 PM Tuesday March 12, 2013) draws nearer. To do so to take some pressure off his draft.

PACKERS !

Guiness
03-11-2013, 12:16 PM
I'm hoping that Ted Thompson will make a strong move in FA RE: one or two of our sure needs (DL, ILB and/or Safety). It's being rumored that ILB Brad Jones has been drawing interest by many NFL teams as the official FA period (3 PM Tuesday March 12, 2013) draws nearer. To do so to take some pressure off his draft.

PACKERS !

I've seen Brad Jones on a couple of 'top free agent' lists. I was a little surprised, but not entirely, I guess. He played well his first year, less so his second, then got injured. His third season was also pretty forgettable. He seemed to find his stride this year though, and will draw some interest.

Here's a good clip of him. I wonder who the first tacker that didn't wrap up was?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP4Up7B4kSE

RashanGary
03-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Perfect fit for the Giants. Most teams, I'm not all that psyched up about this type of signing, but if NY has anohter guy who can get after it a little, and they all get healthy for the stretch. . . That team has a special makeup iwth their front 4 and Jenkins will help keep guys rested and healthy through the year.

pbmax
03-12-2013, 08:00 AM
Yeah. Crazy, that, for how badly that group annihilated the Packers last year.

Umenyiora is the guy I cannot see them living without.