PDA

View Full Version : The Vikings trade Percy Harvin to the Seattle Seahawks pending that he passes a physical.

woodbuck27
03-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Vikings agree to trade Percy Harvin to Seahawks

By Marc Sessler ... Around the League Writer

Published: March 11, 2013 at 12:53 p.m. Updated: March 11, 2013 at 01:22 p.m

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000149327/article/vikings-agree-to-trade-percy-harvin-to-seahawks

The deal can be finalized at 4:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, when the new league year and Free Agency begins.

Full terms of the trade will be revealed possibly tomorrow; but the rumor is that the compensation includes at least a first-round pick.

If that's the case. The Vikings get at least the Seahawks’ 2013 first-round pick, the 25th overall selection and picks No. 23 and No. 25 or just prior to our NO. 26 pick.

Comment woodbuck27:

That's a big move by Seattle. What will the San Fran 49ers do to counter it?

woodbuck27
03-11-2013, 01:09 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/11/harvin-trade-will-include-new-contract/

Harvin trade will include new contract

Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT

" The question becomes how much will the Seahawks pay? Surely, they’ve been talking to Harvin’s agent, Joel Segal, and they’re comfortable with the asking price.

Harvin was believed to be looking for Calvin Johnson/Larry Fitzgerald money."

Cheesehead Craig
03-11-2013, 01:10 PM
If the Vikes don't land either Wallace, Jennings or Cruz this trade is going to hurt them. They don't even have a #2 WR on the roster. Not likely going to get a WR in the draft that is even as good as Harvin. Things are looking good for the Packers with this move.

woodbuck27
03-11-2013, 01:17 PM
If the Vikes don't land either Wallace, Jennings or Cruz this trade is going to hurt them. They don't even have a #2 WR on the roster. Not likely going to get a WR in the draft that is even as good as Harvin. Things are looking good for the Packers with this move.

Today I suspect that Greg Jennings is wondering what life in Minnesota will be like.

woodbuck27
03-11-2013, 01:21 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/11/vikings-get-three-picks-for-harvin/

Vikings get three picks for Harvin

Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT

"...the Vikings have parlayed Percy Harvin into a first-rounder, a seventh-rounder, and a mid-round selection in 2014, according to Jay Glazer of FOX."

woodbuck27
03-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Today I suspect that Greg Jennings is wondering what life in Minnesota will be like.

Then I read this and if he's true to a desire to win and going to a team with a quality QB? Would Minny be a logical choice?

Then I got to the facts of life and money. It will 'as usual', come down to just that ... $money$.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/10/greg-jennings-sheds-light-on-his-decision-process/

Greg Jennings sheds light on his decision process

Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 10, 2013, 8:18 PM EDT

run pMc
03-11-2013, 01:55 PM

Who would you rather have, Jennings or Harvin?
Not sure either one would play a full season, but I'd take GJ.

That said, I could see them chase Jennings to be the mentor and draft a couple of WR's, or package the picks to move up. They released Michael Jenkins; I think all they have left is Jarius Wright to play the slot and Greg Childs coming off IR from a blown ACL.

Guiness
03-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Who would you rather have, Jennings or Harvin?

That's a tough question, and there are some similarities between the two, and some big differences.

Harvin is, without a doubt, a head case - both literally and figuratively! I'd put dealing with him on the level of Revis at this point, and by many accounts one of the reasons Revis has not moved is because teams are afraid of him and his contract squabbles. Harvin is looking like he's going to have a similar attitude.

Guiness
03-11-2013, 02:11 PM
I just remembered Sidney Rice, is the other starter in Seattle! Weren't they the #1 and #2 WR for the Vikings at one point?

woodbuck27
03-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Then I read this and if he's true to a desire to win and going to a team with a quality QB? Would Minny be a logical choice?

Then I got to the facts of life and money. It will 'as usual', come down to just that ... $money$.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/10/greg-jennings-sheds-light-on-his-decision-process/

Comment woodbuck27:

Add this news 'just in' and Greg Jennings has to be absolutely delighted and dancing today. Just praying that TT doesn't tag him.:

Giants apply first-round tender to Cruz

Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/11/giants-apply-first-round-tender-to-cruz/

woodbuck27
03-11-2013, 02:16 PM
I just remembered Sidney Rice, is the other starter in Seattle! Weren't they the #1 and #2 WR for the Vikings at one point?

Yes when they had Brett Favre as their QB in Minny.

pittstang5
03-11-2013, 02:22 PM

Initially saw the title and automatically said, well, Jennings will be a Viking. Not sure of Minny's cap situation, but I'll stick with Jennings will be a Viking.

Regardless of age, ability, etc. - pains me to see Packers go to division foes - especially likeable players like Jennings....if this goes down.

Rutnstrut
03-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Yet another team that wants to win more than the Packers. No I don't mean the Packers should have tried for PH. Just that you will never see TT make much needed moves like this. Argue if you want that it's been working the way it is, but I disagree.

NewsBruin
03-11-2013, 02:37 PM
I wonder if it's possible to put 13 in the box against the Vikes?

Guiness
03-11-2013, 02:52 PM
I wonder if it's possible to put 13 in the box against the Vikes?

NewsBruin! What made you drop by?

13 in the box? Who'd be the extra two? TT and MM?

woodbuck27
03-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Initially saw the title and automatically said, well, Jennings will be a Viking. Not sure of Minny's cap situation, but I'll stick with Jennings will be a Viking.

Regardless of age, ability, etc. - pains me to see Packers go to division foes - especially likeable players like Jennings....if this goes down.

The GIANTS just tagged Victor Cruz with the highest tender. The Vikings have that first rounder now (trading Percy Harvin to Seattle) to go after him. He may be more affordable; certainly younger than Greg Jennings.

woodbuck27
03-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Yet another team that wants to win more than the Packers. No I don't mean the Packers should have tried for PH. Just that you will never see TT make much needed moves like this. Argue if you want that it's been working the way it is, but I disagree.

Things have changed over the course of the last few seasons to the point that there is affordable and solid FA talent available now. A GM may be prudent to simply be patient and wait until the big spenders get out of the way.

denverYooper
03-11-2013, 03:09 PM
NewsBruin! What made you drop by?

13 in the box? Who'd be the extra two? TT and MM?

KG and Trgo.

red
03-11-2013, 03:10 PM
thats a lot to give up for a WR who has never had over 1000 yards receiving and 6 tds in a year. plus they now have to make him one of the higher paid WR's in the league

this is exactly why i was saying that we should have tagged and traded jenning

IMO jennings > harvin

now we just have to sit back and hope one of our best players doesn't just walk across the boarder to one of our biggest rivals, for free

i'm really not liking this move by TT

Gunakor
03-11-2013, 03:27 PM
What will the San Fran 49ers do to counter it?

Commit highway robbery.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9040950/baltimore-ravens-trade-anquan-boldin-49ers-pick-sources

Boldin traded from Baltimore to San Fransisco for a 6th round draft pick.

Patler
03-11-2013, 03:27 PM

Yup, the Seahawks are well on their way to being crowned off-season paper champions of 2013.

woodbuck27
03-11-2013, 03:30 PM
thats a lot to give up for a WR who has never had over 1000 yards receiving and 6 tds in a year. plus they now have to make him one of the higher paid WR's in the league

this is exactly why i was saying that we should have tagged and traded jenning

IMO jennings > harvin

now we just have to sit back and hope one of our best players doesn't just walk across the boarder to one of our biggest rivals, for free

i'm really not liking this move by TT

I hope that TT is paying attention to all we are learning today.

Shouldn't we be smiling along with Greg Jennings.

woodbuck27
03-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by woodbuck27

What will the San Fran 49ers do to counter it?

Commit highway robbery.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9040950/baltimore-ravens-trade-anquan-boldin-49ers-pick-sources

There you go. I just discovered this move by the 49ers on NFL access. The really good NFC teams are just getting better.

I hope that TT is paying attention.

At least he has the advantage of seeing developments a day before FA opens officially.

Heck we go through this every off season. The pain...Ohh the pain. ;-)

GO PACKERS !

Guiness
03-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Commit highway robbery.

Wow. IMO the best move by any team this off-season.

I like Boldin a lot, he's always been a solid producer. I think he'll be one of the FA additions that works out.

woodbuck27
03-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Yup, the Seahawks are well on their way to being crowned off-season paper champions of 2013.

The San Fran 49ers arn't exactly asleep at the wheel.

Someone 'please'... throw some water on TT's face. Sober him up !

woodbuck27
03-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Wow. IMO the best move by any team this off-season.

I like Boldin a lot, he's always been a solid producer. I think he'll be one of the FA additions that works out.

A top WR and 'big game' performer; 'a game changer' for a six round pick. San Fran was more than solid in this move; it's rather IMO, brilliant !

" In the playoffs, Boldin caught 22 passes for 380 yards receiving (95 yards per game) and four touchdowns. He has led Baltimore in receiving yards in each of the past three seasons since being traded from Arizona."

pbmax
03-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Commit highway robbery.

What?!

I think Ozzie has done lost his mind or Steve Buscotti has begun to get his hands dirty.

Guess this means no more Randy.

pbmax
03-11-2013, 04:13 PM

Its the best kiss of death there is in football. Other than hiring Jeff George.

woodbuck27
03-11-2013, 04:17 PM

and....... There off !!

Early Poll Results:

How far would the Seahawks advance this season with Percy Harvin?

http://espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=3573791

Pass your mouse over the different States to see how opinions compare. How opinions compare to those who responded in the poll from Wisconsin.

What a hoot. :smile:

pbmax
03-11-2013, 04:18 PM
I predict Adrian Petersen will set a new NFL rushing yardage record next year.

NewsBruin
03-11-2013, 04:28 PM
"AD, we promised we'd do all we could to give you better rushing numbers this coming season. We're working on getting a fifth for Ponder."

woodbuck27
03-11-2013, 04:39 PM
What?!

I think Ozzie has done lost his mind or Steve Buscotti has begun to get his hands dirty.

Guess this means no more Randy.

I'll inform you of what it means pbmax. That move by the 49ers is just sick good !

As Packer fans we sit and sweat throughout Free Agency and have to somehow get excited over the likes of Jeff Saturday landing in Green Bay to replace a Pro Bowl center. Pretend that we are not falling behind.

It's time for Ted Thompson to really pay attention; to get with it and be competitive.

Someone please ! Wake Ted Thompson up !!!

Ohh Lord now I'm being delusional and over exuberant.

If Ted Thompson make one or two decent moves in Free Agency we all should be pleased and/or surprized. We know he has other pressing concerns than bringing in another teams cast offs. He has his ways and he will stick to those ways, I expect.

Teamcheez1
03-11-2013, 04:41 PM
A top WR and 'big game' performer; 'a game changer' for a six round pick. San Fran was more than solid in this move; it's rather IMO, brilliant !

" In the playoffs, Boldin caught 22 passes for 380 yards receiving (95 yards per game) and four touchdowns. He has led Baltimore in receiving yards in each of the past three seasons since being traded from Arizona."

I think he can be solid, but we will see if he is still a game changer going on 33 years of age this year.

woodbuck27
03-11-2013, 04:56 PM

This reaction from a key San Fran 49er player:

Colin Kaepernick on Anquan Boldin: “Great weapon for our offense”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/11/colin-kaepernick-on-anquan-boldin-great-weapon-for-our-offense/

“I just heard the rumors probably about 30 minutes ago,” Kaepernick said.

“If that’s a true statement and that’s going to happen, that’s another great weapon for our offense, another great weapon for our team, and he’d be a great contributor.”

"Although 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said last year that the team had five No. 1 receivers, the reality is that after Michael Crabtree, they didn’t have much."

Comment: woodbuck27

Damn !

MadtownPacker
03-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Harvin to Seattle? Nothing to pee your pants over.

Now Bolden for a 6th? Gotta give props on that one. With DD gone would have been nice to find another WR that fight for the ball.

woodbuck27
03-11-2013, 05:09 PM
I predict Adrian Petersen will set a new NFL rushing yardage record next year.

I just heard on NFL Access what AP's reaction was to the Vikings trading Percy Harvin to Seattle and he's not pleased. AP is saying that 'Percy Harvin was the best all round football player he's ever seen'.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/11/adrian-peterson-feels-like-he-just-got-kicked-in-the-stomach/

"It’s safe to say at this point that Peterson isn’t loving the deal for his team, though. Peterson took to Twitter to wish Harvin well in Seattle and to let it be known that he was feeling the trade deep in his gut."

The actual quote from Adrian Peterson's Twitter account in reaction to the Percy Harvin trade to the Seattle Seahawks:

" The best all around player I ever seen or you'll ever see! Goes to Seattle! I feel like I just got kicked in the stomach. Several times!!! " Adrian Peterson

MadtownPacker
03-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Someone call Adrian and tell him to hold out until he is traded to the Pack, where he can win a Super Bowl.

Fritz
03-11-2013, 06:01 PM
I just heard on NFL Access what AP's reaction was to the Vikings trading Percy Harvin to Seattle and he's not pleased. AP is saying that 'Percy Harvin was the best all round football player he's ever seen'.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/11/adrian-peterson-feels-like-he-just-got-kicked-in-the-stomach/

"It’s safe to say at this point that Peterson isn’t loving the deal for his team, though. Peterson took to Twitter to wish Harvin well in Seattle and to let it be known that he was feeling the trade deep in his gut."

The actual quote from Adrian Peterson's Twitter account in reaction to the Percy Harvin trade to the Seattle Seahawks:

" The best all around player I ever seen or you'll ever see! Goes to Seattle! I feel like I just got kicked in the NUTS! Several times!!! " Adrian Peterson

Fixed.

3irty1
03-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Boldin to SF doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Boldin is a 90 catch/year move the chains possession reveiver. On a team with Crabtree and VD you really don't need another guy like Boldin. He's solid for sure but what lack is a guy who can make the most of their limited opportunites, a deep threat like Jennings, Wallace, or even Cruz.

Boldin is now an older 6M/year version of James Jones.

Harvin is expensive but at least he makes sense. Seattle already has their 90+ catch per year guy with Sid Rice, Harvin and Tate are the perfect compliments to get big plays.

Teamcheez1
03-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Exactly. If Boldin was that valuable, how come they could only shake loose a 6th Round pick for him?

woodbuck27
03-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Exactly. If Boldin was that valuable, how come they could only shake loose a 6th Round pick for him?

His age is a factor but the 49ers are set for 'the now'. They need to fine tune for their run next season.

Guiness
03-11-2013, 06:35 PM

Cause he traded him to his brother???

I don't think the Pack needed a guy like Boldin. They've got their top 3 WRs already, and the next two guys should be developmental/ST players. I don't know SF's receiver core well enough to comment on whether he'll be useful there. Moss is gone, is Manningham back? I just happen to think that Boldin is a very good player, and it's a loss to the Ravens to have to let him go. His cap number was big enough, but not out of line, a 6th seems like a cheap price for him.

3irty1
03-11-2013, 06:36 PM
My point is that Boldin should be worth 10x more to a team like the Vikings that don't have two decent hands to rub together on the whole team.

There are enough balls hitting the ground in MN for Boldin to get his hands on 90+ of them and make a real impact. The 49ers can already move the chains as well as anyone... Boldin doesn't make them anything they aren't already. He just helps them do it more expensively.

Guiness
03-11-2013, 06:49 PM
My point is that Boldin should be worth 10x more to a team like the Vikings that don't have two decent hands to rub together on the whole team.

There are enough balls hitting the ground in MN for Boldin to get his hands on 90+ of them and make a real impact. The 49ers can already move the chains as well as anyone... Boldin doesn't make them anything they aren't already. He just helps them do it more expensively.

Good point. With Harvin gone, you'd think Minnesota would be first in line for a solid guy like Boldin. I'm happy they weren't, he could've helped Ponder a lot!

edit: looks like they were, but only offered a 7th
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/11/vikings-made-a-play-for-anquan-boldin-too/

woodbuck27
03-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Good point. With Harvin gone, you'd think Minnesota would be first in line for a solid guy like Boldin. I'm happy they weren't, he could've helped Ponder a lot!

edit: looks like they were, but only offered a 7th
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/11/vikings-made-a-play-for-anquan-boldin-too/

I like your brother connection reference as well as a factor in the 49ers getting A. Boldin for a sixth. That was bold.

The Vikings really offered a 7th when they have zero....cheeky. :smile:

pbmax
03-11-2013, 06:59 PM
His cap number makes it a hard fit. The team trading for him doesn't have a chance to massage that contract to fit their existing structure.

woodbuck27
03-11-2013, 07:03 PM
His cap number makes it a hard fit. The team trading for him doesn't have a chance to massage that contract to fit their existing structure.

Yes 'of course' and the 49ers obviously will pay him $6 million$ per season at the end of his career.

NewsBruin
03-11-2013, 10:21 PM
It really does seem like a steal. Boldin, like Flacco, really came alive during the season and postseason. I could see him battling it out

However, he costs a straight-up $6 million, with the cap deadline imminent and few teams ready to keep their current salaries. Being in the last year of his deal, there's no way to move or massage that $6M figure without extending Boldin's contract. So, the Ravens have to find a trade partner with picks, cap space, and the willingness to take on Boldin for one year and let next year sort itself out. As a preference, you'd want someone as far away from your team as possible. It got to the point where they had to take anything, cut Boldin, or cut/reduce other players.

Still, with the 49ers having 2 picks in every round of the draft but 1 and 4, I can't believe Ozzie could have gotten only a 6th.

hoosier
03-12-2013, 07:28 AM
How can SF afford to add $6M just like that? I thought they were at or above the cap....Did trading Smith open up that much space?

woodbuck27
03-12-2013, 07:30 AM
How can SF afford to add $6M just like that? I thought they were at or above the cap....Did trading Smith open up that much space?

Yes that's the word.

Tony Oday
03-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Harvin has played 16 games one year, injured all the time. Boldin is old.

Cheesehead Craig
03-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Harvin has played 16 games one year, injured all the time. Boldin is old.

Let's not color Harvin as injured all the time. He played 15, 14, 16, and 9 games in his first 4 seasons so really that's not that bad at all. He has had a lot of talk about him (most notably his migrains) and his injuries, but up until this past season it really hadn't limited him from playing at gametime.

woodbuck27
03-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Let's not color Harvin as injured all the time. He played 15, 14, 16, and 9 games in his first 4 seasons so really that's not that bad at all. He has had a lot of talk about him (most notably his migrains) and his injuries, but up until this past season it really hadn't limited him from playing at gametime.

This report is the real reason that the Vikings had to part ways with him. The excellent deal that the Seahawks provided to the Vikings (considering his near RFA status) surely helped:

Vikings grew tired of Harvin complaining about Ponder

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 12, 2013, 12:26 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/12/vikings-grew-tired-of-harvin-complaining-about-ponder/

" After the Vikings agreed to trade Harvin to the Seahawks, Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports reported that the last straw from the Vikings’ perspective is that Harvin complained that Ponder was not good enough. " Fr. LINK

Tony Oday
03-12-2013, 12:22 PM

What those stats dont show you is how many times he "played" in a game less than 10 snaps because of nagging injuries. He will be overpaid for sure and this was a good move by the Vikings.

Cheesehead Craig
03-12-2013, 12:28 PM
This report is the real reason that the Vikings had to part ways with him. The excellent deal that the Seahawks provided to the Vikings (considering his near RFA status) surely helped:

Vikings grew tired of Harvin complaining about Ponder

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 12, 2013, 12:26 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/12/vikings-grew-tired-of-harvin-complaining-about-ponder/

" After the Vikings agreed to trade Harvin to the Seahawks, Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports reported that the last straw from the Vikings’ perspective is that Harvin complained that Ponder was not good enough. " Fr. LINK

Harvin was a total whiner, true that. Loved drama. Had several run-ins with his coach and also was not a very good locker room guy either, per the local radio hosts here. He also wants big time WR $ which the organization wasn't going to give him. Lots of reasons for the Vikes to get rid of him. His dissatisfaction with Ponder was simply one of them.

Overall, he's kind of a bitch.

denverYooper
03-12-2013, 12:33 PM
LORD HAVE PERCY!

pbmax
03-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Harvin was a total whiner, true that. Loved drama. Had several run-ins with his coach and also was not a very good locker room guy either, per the local radio hosts here. He also wants big time WR $ which the organization wasn't going to give him. Lots of reasons for the Vikes to get rid of him. His dissatisfaction with Ponder was simply one of them.

Overall, he's kind of a bitch.

His new deal with the Seahawks is dependent only on his physical. Wonder how much he got?

Guiness
03-12-2013, 01:35 PM
What those stats dont show you is how many times he "played" in a game less than 10 snaps because of nagging injuries. He will be overpaid for sure and this was a good move by the Vikings.

I was thinking the same thing - seemed like he missed a lot of time due to the migraines.

Was it a good move for the Vikings? Well, the got some pretty nice picks, so if they can convert on them they're ahead. Seattle looks to be good for a couple of years though, so they might be picks in the bottom 10 of each round. They also gave up a guy who doesn't just have potential to be very good, he's proven he can be very good. He has also, of course, proven he can be a PITA, and has been vocal about wanting top WR money. This one is not easy to grade.

red
03-12-2013, 01:44 PM
i was never scared of harvin when we played them. not like i would be worried about AP or calvin johnson or someone like that

really don't see how he's worth all those picks plus 10 million + a year

i think it was a really good move by the minnie getting a lot in return for dropping the drama queen/primadonna

if the queens can sign jennings, then i would say they've come out waaaaay ahead

pbmax
03-12-2013, 01:55 PM
i was never scared of harvin when we played them. not like i would be worried about AP or calvin johnson or someone like that

really don't see how he's worth all those picks plus 10 million + a year

i think it was a really good move by the minnie getting a lot in return for dropping the drama queen/primadonna

if the queens can sign jennings, then i would say they've come out waaaaay ahead

I don't think they ever really used him as effectively as they could have. The Packers have used Cobb better in a short amount of time, in my opinion. Part of that could be QB related. I doubt the Seahawks will have that trouble though.

denverYooper
03-12-2013, 02:05 PM
I don't think they ever really used him as effectively as they could have. The Packers have used Cobb better in a short amount of time, in my opinion. Part of that could be QB related. I doubt the Seahawks will have that trouble though.

Bevell, Harvin, and Rice will be back together. I imagine that had some to do with the deal.

3irty1
03-12-2013, 02:12 PM
I get the appeal. He has the ability to be a one man offense. Randall Cobb + deep threat ability.

woodbuck27
03-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Harvin deal done, Vikings get a third-rounder in 2014.

Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/12/harvin-deal-done-vikings-get-a-third-rounder-in-2014/

" The Vikings have announced the deal, which will send a first-round pick (25th overall) to Minnesota, a seventh-round pick in 2013, and a third-rounder in 2014.

Previously, the 2014 pick was not yet known, described generally as a mid-round pick." Fr. LINK

Fritz
03-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Percy Harvin - what a headache!

swede
03-12-2013, 07:39 PM

:Rotten tomato emoticon:

Cheesehead Craig
03-12-2013, 07:39 PM

One of the things the Vikes found out is that the more they used Harvin the less effective he became. He simply cannot handle the beating that getting the ball entails. Seattle is going to find that out and I hope they realize they overpaid his injured ass.

red
03-12-2013, 07:43 PM
harvin = hester?

pbmax
03-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Holy crap.

Ohm Youngmisuk ‏@NotoriousOHM

RT @adbrandt: Percy Harvin contract: making $14.5M this yr, $25.5M over two, $36M over three. Three-year earnings exact same as Bowe/VJax.

Cheesehead Craig
03-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Holy crap.

Ohm Youngmisuk ‏@NotoriousOHM

RT @adbrandt: Percy Harvin contract: making $14.5M this yr, WHAT?

$25.5M over two WHAT?

$36M over three. Three-year earnings exact same as Bowe/VJax. WHAT?

Patler
03-13-2013, 06:27 AM
Has the Seattle from office lost their collective minds? 1st, 3rd & 7th round draft picks plus a contract for 1/10th of their salary cap? Seriously? I guess you can do that when you have a good starting QB who is tied into a low contract for a few years.

Pugger
03-13-2013, 10:09 AM

Literally! Evidently Harvin has anger management and authority issues. He's gotten into fights/arguments with his coaches since high school.

HarveyWallbangers
03-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Has the Seattle from office lost their collective minds? 1st, 3rd & 7th round draft picks plus a contract for 1/10th of their salary cap? Seriously? I guess you can do that when you have a good starting QB who is tied into a low contract for a few years.

And the Seahawks are being lauded for the move.

pbmax
03-13-2013, 12:14 PM

If he can stay on the field, it will look good. Wilson is in a far better position to take advantage of Harvin than Ponder. But its a big question mark with his health. I am reasonably sure the Seahawks and Schneider are smart enough to have an escape hatch on the contract after one year. The draft choices, though, those aren't coming back.

hoosier
03-13-2013, 12:27 PM

And assuming your good QB doesn't have a performance decline or adjustment period when DCs have an entire summer to figure out the QB option. Wilson may well turn out to be the exception, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see him struggle in 2013 to reproduce what he did in 2012. Ditto for the entire Seahawks team.

Patler
03-13-2013, 01:32 PM
And assuming your good QB doesn't have a performance decline or adjustment period when DCs have an entire summer to figure out the QB option. Wilson may well turn out to be the exception, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see him struggle in 2013 to reproduce what he did in 2012. Ditto for the entire Seahawks team.

It doesn't really matter if Wilson declines or not, so long as he or another young or cheap or already contracted QB remains the starter. You can throw salary cap money around more freely when you have a few years before you have to worry about an elite QB contract. Once you sign a Qb to a top level contract, you can't afford to take too many salary cap chances.

Patler
03-13-2013, 01:34 PM

Sort of like Philly was a couple years ago??

run pMc
03-13-2013, 01:53 PM

They'll have to make a lot of decisions in the next 2 seasons, when their secondary, plus Wilson, Irvin, and others want to get paid. Percy will either be waived or get his contract renegotiated. Everyone talks about hiim like he's a darkhorse MVP candidate when he plays, but if the Vikings felt like he wasn't worth the trouble, that speaks volumes. He was all they had at WR...they'd clearly rather start from scratch than keep him.

PH's figurative and literal headaches aside, I'm not sure how MIN will be able to replace his production on the field. Best I can figure is they are counting on Ponder progressing and running the offense thru AD and restocking the defense. Even if those types of teams win a lot of 16-13 slugfests they tend to get shredded come playoff time.

run pMc
03-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Sort of like Philly was a couple years ago??

Dream Team II

Harvin getting paid VJax money --> Pete Carroll and John Schnieder are either completely nuts or geniuses (genii?).

Patler
03-13-2013, 02:01 PM
They'll have to make a lot of decisions in the next 2 seasons, when their secondary, plus Wilson, Irvin, and others want to get paid. Percy will either be waived or get his contract renegotiated. Everyone talks about hiim like he's a darkhorse MVP candidate when he plays, but if the Vikings felt like he wasn't worth the trouble, that speaks volumes. He was all they had at WR...they'd clearly rather start from scratch than keep him.

PH's figurative and literal headaches aside, I'm not sure how MIN will be able to replace his production on the field. Best I can figure is they are counting on Ponder progressing and running the offense thru AD and restocking the defense. Even if those types of teams win a lot of 16-13 slugfests they tend to get shredded come playoff time.

Wasn't the general feeling that Ponder played better last year when Harvin was out, and he looked more for the TEs?

woodbuck27
03-13-2013, 02:11 PM

At best it might be one of those rare win-win deals for both sides.

IMO Minny made a very solid move dumping Percy Harvin's attitude of late for an attractive package of draft picks.

Percy Harvin's attitude may well change now that he's with a legitimate Super Bowl contender. He simply didn't see Minny winning with C. Ponder behind center. Who could fault him there?

Percy Harvin may have struck gold, as a still young and potential superstar, in an organization that looks pretty sexy right now. Seattle sure is happy to have him....hahaa ....right now.

PACKERS !

Guiness
03-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Wasn't the general feeling that Ponder played better last year when Harvin was out, and he looked more for the TEs?

Well duh, ya! The TEs generally only made it 5-6 yards past the LOS, Ponder CAN throw the ball that far! When Harvin got 30+ yards downfield, then there was trouble!:smack:

Cheesehead Craig
03-13-2013, 06:24 PM

When Harvin was out, that was when Peterson went ape-shit on defenses. I hope Ponder played better when there was 8-9 guys in the box.

Patler
03-13-2013, 09:56 PM
Well duh, ya! The TEs generally only made it 5-6 yards past the LOS, Ponder CAN throw the ball that far! When Harvin got 30+ yards downfield, then there was trouble!:smack:

My remark was in reply to a suggestion that MN might struggle to replace him, my point being they don't need him and can't use him that well as long as Ponder is the QB. (Apparently PH felt the same way! :))