PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Official jumping the gun FA signings thread - and First Day of Free Agency cuts as a bonus!

Pages : [1] 2

Guiness
03-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Some of the big names coming off the board

Mike Wallace to the Dolphins
Paul Kruger signed by the Browns
DeAngelo Hall NOT signed by the Lions, despite earlier reports

Ryan Fitzpatrick cut - he was due a $3million bonus, and was never going to get that
Nnamdi Asomugha cut by the Eagles
Revis cut by the Jets

Ok, the last one is just flat out not true, but what good is a thread like this without at least one blantantly fabication/unsubstantiated rumour?

woodbuck27
03-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Guiness:

Is this the thread where we simply post some really bad ass rumours and outright lies; to do our best to really piss people off?

K-town
03-12-2013, 03:56 PM
Looks like the Bears have their own tightend-with-unlimited-potential-who-drops-the-shit-out-of-the-ball:

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/9044532/martellus-bennett-chicago-bears-source-says

denverYooper
03-12-2013, 03:58 PM
FWIW, PFT is saying that the Packers are "the leaders" for Stephen Jackson.

So there's that, although there is a yearly tease regarding the Packers and various name RBs.

Guiness
03-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Guiness:

Is this the thread where we simply post some really bad ass rumours and outright lies; to do our best to really piss people off?

No. That would be the thread with a title like "Packers sign Jackson!" because they signed a street FA long snapper named Paul Jackson who's 2 years out of an NAIA school to the squad for spring training.

denverYooper
03-12-2013, 04:14 PM
A couple things:
1.) Lots of reporters seem to be reading into Greg Jennings's comments on ESPN and taking them to mean that he doesn't have a lot of action.
2.) Schefter just reported that the Packers have expressed interest in bringing Jennings back.

red
03-12-2013, 04:19 PM
A couple things:
1.) Lots of reporters seem to be reading into Greg Jennings's comments on ESPN and taking them to mean that he doesn't have a lot of action.
2.) Schefter just reported that the Packers have expressed interest in bringing Jennings back.

i've been hearing almost all day that jennings and the packers have been talking and that if they agree to a deal finley would be the odd guy out

Joemailman
03-12-2013, 04:23 PM
i've been hearing almost all day that jennings and the packers have been talking and that if they agree to a deal finley would be the odd guy out

I don't care what they do as long as they keep Jarrett Bush.

red
03-12-2013, 04:33 PM
I don't care what they do as long as they keep Jarrett Bush.

you just became my most hated enemy

denverYooper
03-12-2013, 04:36 PM
The Colts signed Erik Walden.

http://blogs.colts.com/

woodbuck27
03-12-2013, 04:37 PM
No. That would be the thread with a title like "Packers sign Jackson!" because they signed a street FA long snapper named Paul Jackson who's 2 years out of an NAIA school to the squad for spring training.

Hello ! Just hang on til I google that prospect for further consideration.

woodbuck27
03-12-2013, 04:40 PM

In other words all the Packers have to do to get rid of Jermichael Finley is keep Greg Jennings.

Seems really simple to me. Finally.... there is some decent sense in this world.

denverYooper
03-12-2013, 04:47 PM
@RavensInsider:
Dannell Ellerbe reaches agreement in principle with Miami

Ravens are dumping guys now -- Boldin, Kruger, Ellerbe. All key playoff contributors.

JohnMexico
03-12-2013, 04:57 PM
The firesale of all firesales. Holy shit.

Pittsburgh and Baltimore will be the least of our problems next year.

Smeefers
03-12-2013, 04:57 PM

Wow, that was fast. Well, I say good riddens. I never liked the guy. Of course, I'm in the minority here.

HarveyWallbangers
03-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Wow, that was fast. Well, I say good riddens. I never liked the guy. Of course, I'm in the minority here.

Or not.

denverYooper
03-12-2013, 05:01 PM

McGinn reporting 4 years/16 mil.

Wowza.

Freak Out
03-12-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm glad to see Walden go.

woodbuck27
03-12-2013, 05:21 PM
@RavensInsider:

Ravens are dumping guys now -- Boldin, Kruger, Ellerbe. All key playoff contributors.

a) We know that former Raven WR Anquan Boldin will be a 49er (yesterday).

b) Former RAVEN LB Paul Kruger signed today just after the opening of FA with the Cleveland Browns:

LB Paul Kruger signs with the Cleveland Browns for 5 years, $41 million

By Ryan Wilson March 12, 2013 4:45 pm ET

" Ravens outside linebacker Paul Kruger registered nine sacks last season and 5.5 in 2011. Minutes into free agency, and he's parlayed that into a huge second contract courtesy of Baltimore's division rival, the Cleveland Browns.

According to the Baltimore Sun's Aaron Wilson, Kruger has signed with the Browns, a team under new ownership, flush with salary-cap space and looking to fix what has been a broken franchise pretty much since it returned to the NFL in 1999.

The deal is worth $41 million over five years, and according to CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora that includes $20 million in guarantees. "

c) Former Raven LBer Dannell Ellerbe departs the Baltimore Ravens and reaches agreement with the Miami Dolphins.

By Aaron Wilson ... The Baltimore Sun ... 5:46 p.m. EDT, March 12, 2013

" Unrestricted free agent inside linebacker Dannell Ellerbe is leaving the Ravens.

Dannell Ellerbe, one of the breakout players of the Ravens’ Super Bowl run has found a new home. He has reached an agreement with the Miami Dolphins on a multi-year contract, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation it's for five (5) years and $35 Million$.

Ellerbe had been in talks with the Ravens throughout Tuesday, but they were unable to reach a compromise. "

woodbuck27
03-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Mike Wallace reaches 5-year deal with Dolphins

By Josh Katzowitz | Blogger

March 12, 2013 4:33 pm ET

" It appears as though the top free agent receiver is just about off the board.

According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, the Dolphins have reached an agreement with receiver Mike Wallace, and barring a failed physical, he will sign a contract that La Canfora says will average $12 million per year.

The NFL Network's Jeff Darlington reports Wallace will make $30 million of guaranteed money.

The thinking that Wallace would go to Miami picked up momentum in the past few days when many reports linked the two sides together. Considering the Dolphins reportedly weren't interested in Greg Jennings, probably the second-most-coveted free agent receiver, Wallace going to Miami seemed awfully likely." Fr. LINK

woodbuck27
03-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Bears announce four-year deal for Martellus Bennett

Posted by Josh Alper on March 12, 2013, 6:08 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/12/bears-announce-four-year-deal-for-martellus-bennett/

" On the first day of free agency last year, the Bears swung a trade for wide receiver Brandon Marshall.

They made a splash on the first day again in 2013. The team has announced that tight end Martellus Bennett has agreed to a four-year deal to leave the Giants for a spot on the Bears roster." Fr. LINK

denverYooper
03-12-2013, 05:46 PM
@AdamSchefter

Former Saints OT Jermon Bushrod reached agreement with Bears.

woodbuck27
03-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Colts stay busy, add Donald Thomas and Lawrence Sidbury

Posted by Josh Alper on March 12, 2013, 5:51 PM EDT

After being limited in the free agent market last year, the Colts had a lot of space under the cap to use this time around.

They aren’t wasting much time using it. As previously reported, the team has reached agreements in principle with tackle Gosder Cherilus, cornerback Greg Toler and linebacker Erik Walden. You can now add former Patriots guard Donald Thomas and former Falcon DE Lawrence Sidbury to the list.

woodbuck27
03-12-2013, 05:57 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5310/andy-levitre

" Titans agreed to terms with OG Andy Levitre on a five-year, $39 million contract.Free agency's top guard is off the market. Levitre graded out as the NFL's top pass-blocking guard last season and was also part of a Bills' rushing unit that ranked third in yards-per-carry (5.0). He's just 26 years old and fills a massive problem area for the Titans. Chris Johnson will have a harder time throwing his offensive line under the bus next season and Jake Locker will certainly have more time in the pocket. " Fr. LINK

Mar 12 - 4:34 PM

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

denverYooper
03-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Per PFT: Ravens sign Chris Canty

Bretsky
03-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Walden was nothing that special....grossly overpaid by the Colts....but I'd take him over J.A.G Jones

HarveyWallbangers
03-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Walden was nothing that special....grossly overpaid by the Colts....but I'd take him over J.A.G Jones

I'd take neither, but Jones over Walden if you made me pick.

If Jennings resigns, I could see Finley getting released.

If Jackson signs, I could see Hawk getting released.

How much would it save to cut Tramon Williams? Anything?

Joemailman
03-12-2013, 06:44 PM

I think Moses has a chance to be better than either of them. I'm amazed by what the Colts paid Walden.

Joemailman
03-12-2013, 06:53 PM

His base salary is 5.9 million. He still has 2.4 million of his signing bonus to be prorated. He also has another bonus of 1.4 million. It seems that depending on when you cut him, you would save anywhere from 3.5-4.9 million. If House is healthy, it could happen in training camp. House was having a great camp before he got hurt in the first preseason game.

Brandon494
03-12-2013, 06:53 PM
@AdamSchefter

This is interesting: Chiefs free-agent RB Peyton Hillis is visiting the Green Bay Packers.

Smh

red
03-12-2013, 06:55 PM
steven jackson>>>>>>>>peyton hillis

Brandon494
03-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Chris Canty signs with Ravens.

‏@TomSilverstein According to an NFL source, the #Packers didn't like what they saw of Canty's knee and passed on him. Others thought the knee was fine.

Don't blame TT for passing on a D-line who might be injury prone. :smile:

Joemailman
03-12-2013, 06:57 PM
If they're interested in Hillis, I wonder if it's as a RB or FB. A lot of people think Kuhn declined last year. Hillis was a starting FB in Denver before becoming a RB.

Brandon494
03-12-2013, 06:59 PM
If they're interested in Hillis, I wonder if it's as a RB or FB. A lot of people think Kuhn declined last year. Hillis was a starting FB in Denver before becoming a RB.

RB without a doubt, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't look for more of a blocking FB.

red
03-12-2013, 06:59 PM
if we sign hillis there is a chance that we could field an all-white offense next season

white power,

or is that not a good team nickname?

Brandon494
03-12-2013, 07:01 PM
if we sign hillis there is a chance that we could field an all-white offense next season

white power,

Great, so we going to have a shitty running game once again. :razz:

Joemailman
03-12-2013, 07:02 PM

white power,

Jordy the only WR in your lineup?

Brandon494
03-12-2013, 07:03 PM
@TomSilverstein

This looks like gamesmanship. GB vs. Jackson. GB moving on til it gets its price. RT@AdamSchefter: ChiefsRB Peyton Hillis visiting #Packers.

Hope hes right

red
03-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Hope hes right

man, don't screw with a good player that actually wants to come here

Joemailman
03-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Bears signed Bushrod away from New Orleans. Drew Brees cannot be happy.

red
03-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Jordy the only WR in your lineup?

yup

lets say

a-rod
hillis
kuhn
jordy
bulaga
sitton
eds
lang

that only leaves 3 places
newhouse might get replaced, maybe by a white guy
crabtree might be back
and maybe we draft one of the top two TE's in the draft after releasing finley. both those guys are white i think

we go into the power I in a short yardage situation, and we could see 11 white guys on one side of the ball

i should also add that i would fully expect that side to fail in that situation

Brandon494
03-12-2013, 07:10 PM
All white team might work in Division III football but this is the NFL son! :taunt:

Brando19
03-12-2013, 07:11 PM
yup

lets say

a-rod
hillis
kuhn
jordy
bulaga
sitton
eds
lang

crabtree might be back
and maybe we draft one of the top two TE's in the draft after releasing finley. both those guys are white i think

we go into the power I in a short yardage situation, and we could see 11 white guys on one side of the ball

Cobb has a little white in him, right? He has blue eyes so it must be true!

Brando19
03-12-2013, 07:12 PM
All white team might work in Division III football but this is the NFL son! :taunt:

Yeah those black guys have been awesome running backs for us the past few seasons, huh?!?

pittstang5
03-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Karlos Dansby was cut by Miami.

As mush as I like Hawk, Dansby and Bishop would be kinda cool.

Brando19
03-12-2013, 07:14 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/12/raiders-release-darrius-heyward-bey-michael-huff/

Raiders just released Darius Heyward-bey and Michael Huff. I wouldn't mind the Packers bringing Huff in for a look.

Brandon494
03-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Yeah those black guys have been awesome running backs for us the past few seasons, huh?!?

You right, because everyone knows whites make the best running backs.

Brandon494
03-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Karlos Dansby was cut by Miami.

As mush as I like Hawk, Dansby and Bishop would be kinda cool.

THIS! Not because I like Dansby that much but because you mentioned getting rid of Hawk.

digitaldean
03-12-2013, 07:16 PM
I'm glad to see Walden go.

For that kind of jack, SEE YA ERIC! He was good, but not THAT good

red
03-12-2013, 07:22 PM
how does indy expect walden to get any sacks when he doesn't play chicago twice a year?

Brando19
03-12-2013, 07:24 PM

Blacks keep racism alive. You never rode in the back of the bus, did you? No...because you were on the short bus where everyone was in the front.

Brandon494
03-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Blacks keep racism alive. You never rode in the back of the bus, did you? No...because you were on the short bus where everyone was in the front.

I was joking around the whole time but way to overract u f king hick.:bs:

Brando19
03-12-2013, 07:55 PM
I was joking around the whole time but way to overract u f king hick.:bs:

Just a joke! Don't get your FUBU's in a twist!

pittstang5
03-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Just a joke! Don't get your FUBU's in a twist!

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!

pbmax
03-12-2013, 08:02 PM
McGinn reporting 4 years/16 mil.

Wowza.

:shock:

They must not have looked at the 49er playoff tape. Good grief I was glad to have him in lieu of injured Nick Perry but at NOWHERE near that cost.

Pagano must have something in mind that involves nothing but pass rush.

Brandon494
03-12-2013, 08:03 PM
You weren't joking around but nice try, now go back to what you know best and hook up with your sister or something.

pbmax
03-12-2013, 08:04 PM
yup

lets say

a-rod
hillis
kuhn
jordy
bulaga
sitton
eds
lang

crabtree might be back

If you are going to post this, we have to invite Biggums back and watch hilarity ensue.

pbmax
03-12-2013, 08:07 PM
I'd take neither, but Jones over Walden if you made me pick.

If Jennings resigns, I could see Finley getting released.

If Jackson signs, I could see Hawk getting released.

Jones FTW as a backup. Walden if someone needs to start but you will always want him replaced.

pbmax
03-12-2013, 08:08 PM

Remember Jim Taylor!

pbmax
03-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Its giving me a headache that someone named Desmond Bryant is getting signed and I cannot avoid thinking that Jerry Jones has finally cracked and is now signing his own players to new deals just to make news.

pbmax
03-12-2013, 08:24 PM
On Walden:

Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn
#Colts GM Ryan Grigson: "Erik sets the edge in a textbook way, and in a 3-4 that's something your (OLB) has to do. His motor never stops."

Its what happens after he sets the edge that worries you. Might be telling that only $4 mil of Walden's deal is guaranteed according to McGinn.

swede
03-12-2013, 08:28 PM
On Walden:

Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn
#Colts GM Ryan Grigson: "Erik sets the edge in a textbook way, and in a 3-4 that's something your (OLB) has to do. His motor never stops."

Its what happens after he sets the edge that worries you. Might be telling that only $4 mil of Walden's deal is guaranteed according to McGinn.

True. He chases plays down from behind. From way behind.

pbmax
03-12-2013, 08:30 PM
I Love the 80s.

SC_DougFarrar ‏@SC_DougFarrar

They'll have fun tonight. @ByTimBooth @benshpigel So, wait. The Eagles have Ed Wang AND Patrick Chung?

Brando19
03-12-2013, 08:35 PM
You weren't joking around but nice try, now go back to what you know best and hook up with your sister or something.

I will...as soon as you go back to what you do best....which is not working and complaining about Whitey.

KYPack
03-12-2013, 09:36 PM
On Walden:

Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn

Somebody needs to send this laddie boy tape of our game against the Chiefs in '11 or the 49er playoff game.

Losing track of his edge responsibility is one of his biggest weaknesses.

woodbuck27
03-12-2013, 10:40 PM
His base salary is 5.9 million. He still has 2.4 million of his signing bonus to be prorated. He also has another bonus of 1.4 million. It seems that depending on when you cut him, you would save anywhere from 3.5-4.9 million. If House is healthy, it could happen in training camp. House was having a great camp before he got hurt in the first preseason game.

There has to be several strategies to employ to secure a RB like Stephen Jackson.

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
03-12-2013, 10:47 PM

white power,

White and 'power and speed' may work for DODGE but not the NFL.

woodbuck27
03-12-2013, 10:51 PM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-j-VcEBF6Wm5maImb7SMZhQwF01gatBnUSSGCwbE95KoEi7Hc

So what's your point?

Brandon494
03-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Remember Jim Taylor!

I know who he is but I'm too young to remember him. ;-)

woodbuck27
03-12-2013, 11:24 PM

It's remarkable just how few white RB's have made the HOF that have played over the last half century:

Who am I missing after these fellas?

Green Bay Packers... Paul Hornung and Green Bay Packers and New Orleans Saints ... Jim Taylor.

Miami Dolphins and New York GIANTS... Larry Csonka.

The New York Jets and Washington Redskins... John Riggins.

Guiness
03-12-2013, 11:31 PM
I can't believe Walden got that much. He definitely seemed like JAG and I didn't expect him to be signed for anywhere near that. I'm honestly surprised at anything over the vet minimum.

woodbuck27
03-12-2013, 11:46 PM
I can't believe Walden got that much. He definitely seemed like JAG and I didn't expect him to be signed for anywhere near that. I'm honestly surprised at anything over the vet minimum.

Yea ! It's hard to imagine that he's worth 'Stephen Jackson' money.

The next question is:

Stephen Jackson and $4 million$. What's wrong with that picture?

pittstang5
03-13-2013, 07:16 AM

I can't believe it either. It's probably one of those contracts where the 1st two years are cheap - say average of 2 to 2.5 mil a year, then balloons to 4 - 5 mil in the final two years. So, it's probably a two year, 4 or 5 mil contract. - Pure speculation on my part.

Patler
03-13-2013, 07:35 AM
I can't believe it either. It's probably one of those contracts where the 1st two years are cheap - say average of 2 to 2.5 mil a year, then balloons to 4 - 5 mil in the final two years. So, it's probably a two year, 4 or 5 mil contract. - Pure speculation on my part.

Several sources say $4 M guaranteed (which surprises me too, a little). Walden said it was almost 16 M for the 4 years. I could see a $4m signing bonus with salaries of 730K (vet min) this year, and future salaries of 2M, 2M and 4M. Throw in a 2M roster bonus in year 3 or 4, and you get to the "almost 16M" total contract

Smeefers
03-13-2013, 08:27 AM
On Walden:
Don't forget though, if he plays throughout the year, he could reach benchmarks just by getting the playing time and therefore get paid like Elvis even though he's playin like Cher. I have no idea how good or bad the Colts defense is. It could be possible that he was a giant step up from what they had. You gotta remember that 3-4 LB's do make a majority of the tackles in the game and he did have a pretty decent pass rush. If he has players around him that aren't half 3rd stringers, he may perform much better as well.

On Jackson:
Never overpay for an ageing star. Remember Wolf's advice? It's better to get rid of em a year to early than a year to late. Jackson is going to find out that if he wants to play for a contender, any contender, he's going to have to accept less money. Sure he's going to get some good cash from a team that needs him. If he want's a legit shot at the title though, he's going to have to take less than what he's worth. There's plenty of fish in that sea, don't need to go all in on one guy... even if you love him.

denverYooper
03-13-2013, 09:46 AM
Sounds like Bernard Pollard is now gone from the Ravens also.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/311845595469983744

Bernard Pollard released >>> RT @Crushboy31: Well Raven Nation it's been fun. My time in Baltimore is done... Thank you!

Apparently that playoff run was the last ride for half of that defense.

Pugger
03-13-2013, 09:55 AM

No, his eyes are green.

Pugger
03-13-2013, 09:58 AM
I don't know what the Colts' brass is smoking but this contract is good for us for a compensatory pick especially if Erik starts.

Smeefers
03-13-2013, 10:01 AM
I don't know what the Colts' brass is smoking but this contract is good for us for a compensatory pick especially if Erik starts.

+1

Didn't even think of that.

HarveyWallbangers
03-13-2013, 11:16 AM
The Jacksonville Jaguars have released receiver Laurent Robinson, who signed a five-year, $32.5 million free agent-contract last season.

Robinson's deal paid him $11.1 million in 2012 and included $14 million guaranteed.

These are fun to read... when they don't involve the Packers.

red
03-13-2013, 11:18 AM

i was thinking that last night too

maybe get a 5th for that unless we offset it by signing someone of our own

Guiness
03-13-2013, 12:14 PM
These are fun to read... when they don't involve the Packers.

My first reaction is: "Who is Laurent Robinson?" After reading his wiki page and seeing that he's got < 200 catches and 2500 yards after 6 years in the league, I've got to think the Jax GM was partaking the day he put that contract on the table!

In other meaningless WR news, Darrius Heyward-Bey's career is looking like Ted Ginn Jr's.

pbmax
03-13-2013, 12:26 PM
The Jags are just a mess. As bad as the Jets with less press. This move follows dumping their high priced FA safety acquisition a few days ago.

woodbuck27
03-13-2013, 02:55 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Bush gets four years, $16 million from Lions

Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT

" Per a source with knowledge of the deal, Bush signed a four-year, $16 million contract with the Lions. The deal includes a $4 million signing bonus and a $1 million base salary in 2013, a $3.5 million base salary in 2014, a $3.25 million base salary and a $250,000 roster bonus in 2015, and a $3.75 million base salary and $250,000 roster bonus in 2016.

The cap charges in 2013 will be only $2 million. Next year, it moves to $4.5 million. In 2015, it will be $4.5 million again, with a cap number of $5 million in 2016." FR. LINK

woodbuck27
03-13-2013, 02:57 PM

Bush gets four years, $16 million from Lions

Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT

" Per a source with knowledge of the deal, Bush signed a four-year, $16 million contract with the Lions. The deal includes a $4 million signing bonus and a $1 million base salary in 2013, a $3.5 million base salary in 2014, a $3.25 million base salary and a $250,000 roster bonus in 2015, and a $3.75 million base salary and $250,000 roster bonus in 2016.

The cap charges in 2013 will be only $2 million. Next year, it moves to $4.5 million. In 2015, it will be $4.5 million again, with a cap number of $5 million in 2016." FR. LINK

Comment woodbuck27:

Maybe or maybe not?; this gives us some speculation on what Stephen Jackson may cost?

woodbuck27
03-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Comment woodbuck27:

Here's a surprize and if true may be a terrific shock to Tom Brady after the Kraft Family praise of late for Wes Welker and desire to have him remain in New England. The thing is you have to put your money where your mouth is.:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/wes-welker-very-likely-to-land-with-denver/

Wes Welker “very likely” to land with Denver

Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 13, 2013, 3:44 PM EDT

" Greg Bedard of the Boston Globe reported Wednesday that Welker was “very likely” to sign with Denver, according to an unnamed league source the veteran NFL writer quoted.

The 31-year-old Welker hauled in 118 passes for 1,354 yards and six touchdowns in 2012 for New England. His addition to the Broncos’ offense would strengthen an already exceptional passing game led by future Hall of Fame quarterback Peyton Manning." Fr. LINK

Comment woodbuck27:

NFL Access is now reporting that 'in fact' Wes Welker will be catching Peyton Manning pass's next season and it's bye bye to Tom Brady.

The Broncos grab a more than just good WR, or a prolific pass catcher on a reported 2 year contract for $12 million$. In so doing, kick the legs out from under the New England Patriots. What a surprize in a definite 'give me the money move'.

My thoughts just went again to Greg Jennings. Wes Welker gets 'only' $6 Million$ per year for two!

It's 'only' day two of Free Agency and is his profile rising or falling?

denverYooper
03-13-2013, 03:03 PM
Denver is trying to reel in Wes Welker.

woodbuck27
03-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Levitre cleans up with $46.8 million

Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2013, 4:03 PM EDT

" Per a source with knowledge of the contract, Levitre’s six-year deal is worth $46.8 million. That’s an average of $7.8 million per year.

Cap numbers are $4.6 million in 2013, $8.6 million in 2014, $8.6 million in 2015, $8.6 million in 2016, $8.6 million in 2017, and $9.9 million in 2018." FR. LINK

woodbuck27
03-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Shonn Greene to join Titans

Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 13, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

Here's another hard running RB finding a new home.

" ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Wednesday that the Titans and Jets free agent running back Shonn Greene have come to terms on a three-year, $10 million contract.

Greene, who seems certain to be the Titans’ top reserve back, ranks No. 94 in PFT’s free agent rankings.

Greene, 28, has exceeded 1,000 yards rushing in each of the last two seasons for the Jets, getting more than 250 carries in each of those campaigns." Fr. LINK

woodbuck27
03-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Glenn Dorsey agrees to deal with 49ers.

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 13, 2013, 3:26 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/glenn-dorsey-agrees-to-deal-with-49ers/

" According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the 49ers have agreed to a contract with former Chiefs defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey.

The former fifth overall pick in the 2008 Draft seemed miscast playing in a 3-4 defense in Kansas City, but goes back into one in San Fran." Fr. LINK

woodbuck27
03-13-2013, 03:30 PM
(Dashon) Goldson deal leaves plenty of room for Revis trade.

Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/goldson-deal-leaves-plenty-of-room-for-revis-trade/

" A rich Buccaneer.

Per a source with knowledge of the contract, Goldson’s five-year deal has a total value of $41.25 million, with $22 million guaranteed.

Some of you have asked an astute question. Does a big deal for Goldson leave enough cash and cap space for a possible Darrelle Revis trade?

It does. We’re told that the contract has a favorable structure in the first two years, leaving more than enough room for a new Revis deal." Fr. LINK

woodbuck27
03-13-2013, 03:38 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/cardinals-sign-rashard-mendenhall/

Cardinals sign RB Rashard Mendenhall.

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 13, 2013, 1:58 PM EDT

The Cardinals signed Mendenhall to a one-year contract, agent Mike McCartney wrote on Twitter.

" The 25-year-old Mendenhall was a 2008 first-round pick of the Steelers, and he showed promise when he became the starter in Pittsburgh in his second season, toping 1,000 yards in both 2009 and 2010. But Mendenhall fell out of favor with the team in 2012, fumbling too much, losing his starting job and clashing with the coaching staff.

The Cardinals were also interested in signing Reggie Bush, but when Bush went to Detroit, the Cardinals acted fast to ink Mendenhall to a contract.

The Broncos were also interested in acquiring Mendenhall, but Denver will have to look elsewhere to fill its running back needs." Fr. LINK

woodbuck27
03-13-2013, 03:45 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/lions-sign-jason-jones-amid-flurry-of-activity/

Lions sign defensive lineman Jason Jones amid flurry of activity.

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 13, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT

" According to Adam Caplan of TheSidelineView.com, the Lions signed defensive lineman Jason Jones, formerly of the Seahawks.

Jones played well under Lions assistant Jim Washburn when both were in Tennessee, and this offers some cover for their anticipated loss of Sammie Lee Hill to the Titans.

The Lions have already brought back cornerback Chris Houston, and are in the process of courting running back Reggie Bush." Fr. LINK

Comment woodbuck27:

The Lions are aggressively spending again and their 'CAP Space' cupboard has to be nearly bare.

HarveyWallbangers
03-13-2013, 03:59 PM
Welker signs with Denver. Could NE be in the mix for Jennings now?

woodbuck27
03-13-2013, 04:04 PM

NFL Access is reporting that 'the Pats' will most likely go after FA WR Danny Amendola.

Guiness
03-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Levitre cleans up with $46.8 million

Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2013, 4:03 PM EDT

" Per a source with knowledge of the contract, Levitre’s six-year deal is worth $46.8 million. That’s an average of $7.8 million per year.

Cap numbers are $4.6 million in 2013, $8.6 million in 2014, $8.6 million in 2015, $8.6 million in 2016, $8.6 million in 2017, and $9.9 million in 2018." FR. LINK

I thought the days of big money guards were gone with Hutchison retired?

woodbuck27
03-13-2013, 04:52 PM
NFL Access is reporting that 'the Pats' will most likely go after FA WR Danny Amendola.

Comment wodbuck27:

Did you ever imagine that Ton Brady simply shrugged his shoulders with news that Wes Welker has taken his talent to the Denver Broncos? He's not demanding a trade but he's certainly and understandably not happy.

Report: Tom Brady “enraged” Patriots let Wes Welker go.

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 13, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT

" Just minutes after the Broncos confirmed that they reached a two-year deal with former Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker came news that Brady was furious that his friend and teammate of six years will now be catching passes from Peyton Manning.

Tom E. Curran of CSNNE.com spoke to a source close to Brady who described Brady as “enraged.” The words “disgrace” and “disservice” were also used to describe the way Brady (who apparently was under the impression that he had helped the Patriots save enough cap space to keep Welker) felt about learning that the Patriots wouldn’t even offer Welker enough money to keep him from signing a two-year, $12 million contract with the Broncos. "

Comment woodbuck27:

The media boys at NFL Access are abuzz or shocked over this Wes Welker move. Peyton Manning must be busting with joy. Thinking ...'now ... I'll get Tommy boy'. Sometimes it doesn't take much in the NFL to really allow a team a fair shot at the brass ring. Is it specifically tied up in the ego of a teams GM/HC or by 'star power' or specific and outstanding talent on a team?

Sometimes the issue is tied up in the ego of a teams GM.

I'm really shaking my head trying to get a realistic grip on why Tom Belichick allowed Wes Welker to get away for 'only $1 million$ more /year. Wes Welker has been an outstanding NE Pat. His production has been tremendous and he's a team leader and so well respected by his teammates.

The Kraft family is on record as saying that Wes Welker should complete his career in New England.

The Denver Broncos got a steal here and he will make a solid impact on their results in 2013.

Spaulding
03-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Marcus Spears - hello Green Bay!!! Just cut by the Cowboys and a good fit to upgrade from CJ Wilson.

woodbuck27
03-13-2013, 05:21 PM
Marcus Spears - hello Green Bay!!! Just cut by the Cowboys and a good fit to upgrade from CJ Wilson.

Buzz words like 'good fit' or 'upgrade'.

Just don't cut it in 'the World of Free Agency and the Green Bay Packers'. ;-)

There's a certain way... in Green Bay.

A certain 'fact of life'.

Joemailman
03-13-2013, 06:32 PM

Pats have agreed to terms with Amendola.

Brando19
03-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Cliff Avril signs with Seattle.

woodbuck27
03-13-2013, 06:39 PM

It's being confirmed now on NFL Access. That the NE Pats have responded to the loss of Wes Welker going to the Dever Broncos.

Signing Free Agent WR Danny Amendola to a reported 5 years $30 Million$ contract, with and check this, $10 million$ upfront bonus money.

woodbuck27
03-13-2013, 06:43 PM
Cliff Avril signs with Seattle.

Seahawks make splash 'on defense' with Cliff Avril signing.

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 13, 2013, 7:27 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/seahawks-make-splash-on-defense-with-cliff-avril-signing/

"The addition is huge for the Seahawks, whose defense changed when defensive end Chris Clemons blew out his knee in the playoff win over the Redskins.

Adding Avril gives them a solid pass-rush presence, the same kind of boost they gave their offense with the trade for Percy Harvin." Fr. LINK

Guiness
03-13-2013, 06:44 PM
Pats have agreed to terms with Amendola.

Welker going to Denver making a lot more sense now. NE had decided to move on.

NE got a similar player, more than four years younger, for the same money. They're figuring on Brady getting the same production out of him as he did out of Welker. Maybe with less drops? :butt:

woodbuck27
03-13-2013, 06:55 PM

NE got a similar player, more than four years younger, for the same money. They're figuring on Brady getting the same production out of him as he did out of Welker. Maybe with less drops? :butt:

All this Wes Welker news today is a bit of a surprize but NFL fans should count on this as a fact:

Bill Bilichick isn't LOL ..... any F__ ing idiot. :laugh:

Far from that.

Damn can that Warren Sapp.... if it's true that he left that microphone open and it was his voice 'laying on the 'F bombs' while NFL Access was LIVE..... get himself in some messes !

Guiness
03-13-2013, 07:03 PM
All this Wes Welker news today is a bit of a surprize but NFL fans should count on this as a fact:

Bill Bilichick isn't LOL ..... any F__ ing idiot. :laugh:

Far from that.

Damn can that Warren Sapp.... if it's true that he left that microphone open and it was his voice 'laying on the 'F bombs' while NFL Access was LIVE..... get himself in some messes !

It is indeed true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXExcM76isg

listen closely, filtering out the foreground announcer. Hilarious!

woodbuck27
03-13-2013, 07:10 PM
It is indeed true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXExcM76isg

listen closely, filtering out the foreground announcer. Hilarious!

Ahhhh shit!

Not worth fussing about. Wasn't he praying?

Hey buddy. If you can get Stephen Jackson in Green Bay PRONTO and/or keep this thread up to date.... I'll buy you a Guiness when I see ya.

woodbuck27
03-13-2013, 07:35 PM

and inside of this (rumour or otherwise) may be:

The REST OF THE STORY

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/pats-pay-amendola-a-lot-more-than-they-offered-welker/

"As to Welker, maybe the Pats weren’t willing to pay more than $5 million per year because they believe he was grossly overpaid in 2012 under the franchise tag, at $9.5 million for one season. Then there’s the awkwardness that has unfolded in recent years, with Welker being benched for a playoff game after he defied Bill Belichick’s edict to stay away from the Rex Ryan foot-fetish story and Welker possibly being phased out early in the 2012 season and Welker saying it’s “nice to stick it in Bill’s face every once in a while” after a 13-catch performance in October." Fr. LINK

Comment woodbuck27:

ahhhaa. Don't mess with Bill.

Guiness
03-13-2013, 07:42 PM
Cliff Avril reportedly signed by Seattle - they're back in the Paper Championship lead after briefly relinquishing it to the Broncos. Daniel Snyder reportedly as furious as Brady.

Mendenhall goes to Arizona, will play under Bruce Arians who got the most out his earlier in his career.

Guiness
03-13-2013, 09:21 PM
Ahhhh shit!

Not worth fussing about. Wasn't he praying?

Hey buddy. If you can get Stephen Jackson in Green Bay PRONTO and/or keep this thread up to date.... I'll buy you a Guiness when I see ya.

Free beer! I'll move mountains for that! Just a sec, let me whip up a quick website...GNNAAAA....here:
http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/03/13/steven-jackson-to-the-green-bay-packers/

woodbuck27
03-14-2013, 12:43 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/06/the-free-agent-hot-100-2/

The Free Agent Hot 100

Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 6, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

As of the begining of Thursday 14 March, 2013. Almost half of this TOP 100 FA's have come off the list.

By my count a total of 54 on this list remain as UFA's or RFA's.

woodbuck27
03-14-2013, 12:49 AM
Free beer! I'll move mountains for that! Just a sec, let me whip up a quick website...GNNAAAA....here:
http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/03/13/steven-jackson-to-the-green-bay-packers/

Guiness I've had my fingers x'd on this FA acquisition becoming reality. This is the most positive news I've read RE: Steven Jackson and Green Bay Packers.

I'll remain reserved in my optimism. :grin:

I believe this will be a solid move if TT can get it done.

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
03-14-2013, 11:22 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/14/thursday-morning-one-liners-203/

Thursday morning one-liners.

An overview on all things since FA opened.

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 14, 2013, 8:29 AM EDT

woodbuck27
03-14-2013, 11:28 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/14/jason-jones-deal-a-steal-for-lions/

Jason Jones deal a steal for Lions.

Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2013, 8:36 AM EDT

" The Lions created plenty of excitement on Wednesday, adding running back Reggie Bush, safety Glover Quin, and defensive lineman Jason Jones.

A source with knowledge of the Lions’ plans tells PFT that Jones was signed not to be a starter, but to be the inside pass rusher in the nickel package." FR. LINK

woodbuck27
03-14-2013, 01:23 PM

Comment woodbuck27:

Here's 'the real story' on that with this news just in today:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/14/patriots-did-amendola-deal-before-welker-signed-with-broncos/

Patriots did Amendola deal before Welker signed with Broncos.

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 14, 2013, 2:09 PM EDT

"...according to Tom Curran of Comcast Sportsnet, the Patriots actually made their move first, agreeing to terms with Amendola Tuesday, a day before Welker agreed to his Denver deal.

The Welker news came first, creating the impression of a counter-move.

But once Welker turned down their offer and tested the market when it opened Tuesday, the Patriots went ahead with the Rams free agent." fr. LINK

woodbuck27
03-14-2013, 03:08 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/14/matt-cassel-makes-quick-move-to-vikings/

Matt Cassel makes quick move to Vikings.

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 14, 2013, 3:29 PM EDT

"The Vikings knew they needed a better second option at quarterback, so they didn’t want to wait.

According to FOX Sports’ Jay Glazer, the Vikings have apparently secured a deal with former Chiefs starter Matt Cassel.

After the beating he took in Kansas City, he’s also not the kind of guy who would be bucking for the starting job, old enough to know his role behind Ponder and not create pressure." FR. LINK

woodbuck27
03-14-2013, 03:12 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/14/colts-reel-in-ricky-jean-francois/

Colts reel in Ricky Jean Francois.

Posted by Josh Alper on March 14, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT

"He won’t be leaving Indianapolis without one. Just after Colts owner Jim Irsay promised news of a big new signing, Adam Caplan of TheSidelineView.com scooped him by reporting that the former 49ers defensive lineman had agreed to a four-year, $22 million deal with the team.

There’s no word on guarantees or how the contract breaks down, but it’s a pretty nice contract for a player who has been a reserve for the 49ers throughout his career. He’s done a good job in the role and filled in well for Justin Smith when Smith was injured in the second half of last season, but he’ll still be asked to play the lion’s share of snaps for the first time in his career." Fr. LINK

packers11
03-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Falcons agreed to terms with RB Steven Jackson, formerly of the Rams. per rotoworld

woodbuck27
03-14-2013, 03:21 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/14/sean-smith-gets-11-million-guaranteed/

Sean Smith gets $11 million guaranteed

Posted by Josh Alper on March 14, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT

" So we have no way of knowing whether Davis thought Smith would have gotten more than $18 million over three years from Kansas City. Multiple reports agree on those numbers and they also agree that $11 million of that money is guaranteed.

That’s a steep drop from what Eric Wright, Cortland Finnegan and Brandon Carr landed on the free agent market, which suggests that a crowded cornerback market made that kind of money an impossibility. The Chiefs and the rest of the league clearly didn’t see a big gap between getting Smith and getting the next choice on their list, a situation that is always going to lead to a drop in what you command as a free agent.

With Smith signed, we should start seeing more cornerbacks come off the market. If Smith has set the ceiling — he got more per year and guaranteed than Chris Houston — the rest of the available players will have to aim south of it." Fr. LINK

Spaulding
03-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Falcons agreed to terms with RB Steven Jackson, formerly of the Rams. per rotoworld

Bleacher Report indicates the same thing and had a screenshot of a tweet from Schefter stating the signing:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1522316-steven-jackson-reportedly-reaches-agreement-on-deal-with-atlanta-falcons (http://http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1522316-steven-jackson-reportedly-reaches-agreement-on-deal-with-atlanta-falcons)

Would have been a nice signing but given how our offense is geared probably not a place we need money tied up when we have yet to extend Rodgers and Matthews. Guess this means my pipe dream of Ball in the 2nd round still lives :)

woodbuck27
03-14-2013, 03:24 PM

Holy Cow:

Falcons agreed to terms with RB Steven Jackson, formerly of the Rams. Mar 14 - 4:12 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1663/steven-jackson/1

Well there you go !

Reading this now makes me feel a little sick:

The Falcons get their man, replacing a diminished Michael Turner with the top back on the market. Although he's going on 30 and is parked at 2,802 career touches, S-Jax had plenty left in the tank in 2012, and is a perfect fit for the Falcons offense. Turner made it nearly impossible for Atlanta to move the chains on the ground last season, fouling up an otherwise elite offense. Jackson will be good for more than four yards per pop, and is a major asset in the passing game. He should get infinite more chances to finish around the goal-line than he did his final few seasons in St. Louis"

I can't wait to see what he signed for. Being a Packer fan in the Free Agency period is bordering on being masochistic.

Ohhh dear.... I forgot.

In Ted we TRUST.

Bossman641
03-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Really interested to see what Jackson's deal is.

woodbuck27
03-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Bleacher Report indicates the same thing and had a screenshot of a tweet from Schefter stating the signing:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1522316-steven-jackson-reportedly-reaches-agreement-on-deal-with-atlanta-falcons (http://http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1522316-steven-jackson-reportedly-reaches-agreement-on-deal-with-atlanta-falcons)

Would have been a nice signing but given how our offense is geared probably not a place we need money tied up when we have yet to extend Rodgers and Matthews. Guess this means my pipe dream of Ball in the 2nd round still lives :)

I can't get your LINK to go through and have been sitting on PFT for hours and still see nothing there on this news of Atlanta and Steven Jackson joining their team.

It does look like that hope for some of us has gone pffffftt !

:huh: and :cnf: and almost but not that invested :cry:

GO PACK GO !

Spaulding
03-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Really interested to see what Jackson's deal is.

Initial reports are that it's a 3 year deal. If last year's deal to Benson is any indication, wondering if Thompson was only offering a two year deal with less guaranteed. Would love to have TT when he retires put to pen all the players he was in on but just got outbid.

I still remember the year that Vinitieri was a free agent and ended up signing with the Colts and strong rumors (I think from Brandt)
that the Packers had actually offered a higher amount but that he wanted to kick in a dome and for a better team.

woodbuck27
03-14-2013, 04:02 PM
and this on the Stephen Jackson signing with the Atlanta Falcons:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/14/falcons-steven-jackson-agree-to-terms/

Falcons, Steven Jackson agree to terms.

Posted by Josh Alper on March 14, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT

" It took a couple days and some rumored interest from the Packers, but the Falcons got their man. Adam Schefter of ESPN broke the news that Jackson and the Falcons have agreed to terms on a contract that will bring the NFL’s leading active rusher to Atlanta.

Jackson’s a clear upgrade on Turner and he’s been a strong receiver throughout his career, something that could add another wrinkle to a Falcons offense that looks even better than the one that helped them to the NFC Championship Game last year. With Tony Gonzalez coming back, the Falcons appear to be loading up for a run at the Super Bowl. " Fr. LINK

Comment woodbuck27:

Why do Packer fans deserve to feel left out of Free Agency? Excuse me, because as it is, that question is irrelevant.

Freak Out
03-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Reggie Bush went to Detoilet? How the mighty have fallen.

pbmax
03-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Reggie Bush went to Detoilet? How the mighty have fallen.

You mean Detroit or Bush? :lol:

gbgary
03-14-2013, 10:22 PM
http://images.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/Yawn.gif

KYPack
03-15-2013, 09:32 AM
You mean Detroit or Bush? :lol:

Both of 'em are rusted out.

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 01:32 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/15/brad-jones-visiting-titans/

Brad Jones visiting Titans

Posted by Josh Alper on March 15, 2013, 1:31 PM EDT

" The Titans have already spent $88.5 million on free agents and they aren’t done trying to find more players to take their cash.

Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports that linebacker Brad Jones is visiting the Titans on Friday. Jones started 10 games for the Packers in 2012, recording 77 tackles and two sacks after moving inside to help replace the injured Desmond Bishop and D.J. Smith. His play picked up as the season went along and he was a valuable piece on the Packers defense down the stretch." Fr. LINK

denverYooper
03-15-2013, 01:52 PM
Other wisco reporters have been indicating that Jones has multiple potential suitors.

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 02:33 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/15/pats-dust-of-the-rfa-market/

Pats dust off the RFA market.

Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT

" In recent years, the restricted free agency market hasn’t been a market. Last year, for example, more than 40 RFAs were available, but not a single one signed an offer sheet.

This year, the Patriots have dusted off the restricted free agency market by bringing in Steelers wideout Emmanuel Sanders for a visit.

With Pittsburgh choosing to extend an offer of only $1.323 million to Sanders, securing a third-round pick as compensation, the Pats could easily make Sanders an offer the Steelers can’t muster the cap space to match.

As former Chiefs G.M. Scott Pioli, now a contributor to NBC Sports Network and NFL Network, told PFT, “The Emmanuel Sanders signing would be a steal.”

Pioli also called Sanders “one of the best bargains on the market.”

He may not be a bargain for long, if other teams wake up. Then again, if they don’t wake up soon, Sanders may have his Hancock on an offer sheet — with the clock ticking on the Steelers to find the dollars and cap room to match." Fr. LINK

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 02:41 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/15/lions-bring-back-louis-delmas/

Lions bring back Louis Delmas.

Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

This news reflects what Packer fans are witnessing RE: Greg Jennings and that 'old saying ... 'it's not over till it's over'.

"The veteran signed a two-year, $9.465 million contract, per a source with knowledge of the situation.

Delmas had visited the Rams and 49ers before staying with the team that picked him in the second round of the 2009 draft." Fr. LINK

Brando19
03-15-2013, 03:30 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/15/fax-snafu-leads-to-elvis-dumervils-release/

Looks like the Broncos cut Elvis Dumervil minutes after he agreed to a pay cut...without knowing he agreed to a paycut! Lol...call him TT and do something in FA this year!!!!!!

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 03:44 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/15/fax-snafu-leads-to-elvis-dumervils-release/

Looks like the Broncos cut Elvis Dumervil minutes after he agreed to a pay cut...without knowing he agreed to a paycut! Lol...call him TT and do something in FA this year!!!!!!

Yes I'm just reading about that.

Here is the earlier today release on Elvis Dumervil and his decision to take a $4 million$ pay cut; followed by the latest release RE: the BRONCO's decision to release him.

a) Elvis Dumervil agrees to salary reduction Posted by Josh Alper on March 15, 2013, 3:46 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/15/elvis-dumervil-agrees-to-salary-reduction/

" Michelle Beisner of the NFL Network reports that the Broncos and defensive end Elvis Dumervil have agreed on a salary reduction that will keep Dumervil on the team for the 2013 season. The sides needed to work out a deal on Friday in order for Dumervil to avoid the axe because of a $12 million salary that Denver boss John Elway said was “out of whack.”

Dumervil agreed and now the salary has been whacked. Beisner’s colleague Albert Breer reports that it will be a $4 million reduction for Dumervil." Fr. LINK

b) Fax snafu leads to Elvis Dumervil’s release.

Posted by Josh Alper on March 15, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT

" Remember that Elvis Dumervil salary reduction news from earlier on Friday?

It might be time to forget all about that.

Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that the Broncos have released Dumervil after they did not get his paperwork regarding the reduction in salary from $12 million to $8 million until after the 2 p.m. MT deadline that made his original salary guaranteed.

According to Klis, the Broncos received the fax from Dumervil at 2:07 p.m. MT, seven minutes and one second after the Broncos had to pull the trigger to release Dumervil and avoid being on the hook for the full $12 million.

The team could still re-sign Dumervil, but there would be different salary cap ramifications because Dumervil’s contract ran beyond the 2013 season." Fr. LINK

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 03:59 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/15/pft-on-nbc-sports-network-recaps-the-first-week-of-free-agency/

PFT on NBC Sports Network recaps the first week of free agency

Posted by Josh Alper on March 15, 2013, 4:43 PM EDT

" Mike Florio, Pete Najarian and Erik Kuselias will discuss the Elvis Dumervil fiasco in Denver, the big moves the Seahawks have been making and a busy day at Patriots headquarters during their hour-long review of what’s gone down in free agency thus far.

We’ll also check in with what’s going on with Ed Reed and the Texans and the 49ers’ pursuit of Charles Woodson and Nnamdi Asomugha during another jam-packed show in a week that’s been jam-packed with them.

It all gets underway at 5 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network." Fr. LINK

swede
03-15-2013, 05:02 PM
Did I read the Elmer D situation right?

He agreed in principle to a deal that would save Denver money.

He sent the paperwork back 7 minutes too late--the team was forced to cut him to avoid paying the full 12 mil salary.

Dumb ass.

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Did I read the Elmer D situation right?

He agreed in principle to a deal that would save Denver money.

He sent the paperwork back 7 minutes too late--the team was forced to cut him to avoid paying the full 12 mil salary.

Dumb ass.

Yea ! Time to replace that 'family heirloom pocket watch... complete with chain', with a TIMEX.

Joemailman
03-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Dumervil had 1.5 million of his signing bonus still to be prorated. I'm pretty sure that will count against the Broncos 2013 salary cap whether they re-sign Dumervil or not. Bronco management has to be pissed. Was this all a mistake, or did Dumervil's agent do this on purpose to stick it to Denver for asking for a pay cut?

pbmax
03-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Dumervil had 1.5 million of his signing bonus still to be prorated. I'm pretty sure that will count against the Broncos 2013 salary cap whether they re-sign Dumervil or not. Bronco management has to be pissed. Was this all a mistake, or did Dumervil's agent do this on purpose to stick it to Denver for asking for a pay cut?

I read a not complete account of this and apparently the fax in question was time stamped 2:07 local and needed to be done by 2:00 PM Denver/4 PM New York.

Someone found an agent who said he can get a signature and fill in a contract using Docusign in one minute flat then email.

David Canter ‏@davidcanter
@greggrosenthal I can literally sign a contract date it and fill out information with @docusign in less than a minute & email back
Retweeted by gregg rosenthal

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 09:25 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/15/jennings-new-deal-with-vikings-worth-47-5-million/

Jennings’ new deal with Vikings worth $47.5 million.

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 15, 2013, 8:29 PM EDT

" Greg Jennings might officially be the last free agent to cash in this year, but he might not have done better than he was previously offered.

According to ESPN’s Josina Anderson, the new contract Jennings agreed to with the Vikings tonight is a five-year deal worth $47.5 million, with $18 million guaranteed. That also includes a minimum value of $27 million over the first three years.

That’s a great deal for a wideout who will turn 30 in September, except for one thing.

The Packers offered him more.

As we noted Wednesday (it only seemed like two weeks ago), the Packers offered a deal worth “roughly $10 million a year,” according to Jason Wilde of ESPNWisconsin.com.

That offer was made “a while ago,” according to Wilde, or more accurately, at a time when Jennings thought he could do better." Fr. LINK

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 09:29 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/15/gonzalez-does-two-year-deal-for-cap-reasons/

Gonzalez does two-year deal, for cap reasons

Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2013, 8:09 PM EDT

" Via D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Gonzalez will embark on the final campaign of his career with a two-year contract.

The $14 million deal includes a $3.5 million signing bonus, which pushes $1.75 million in cap space from 2013 to 2014.

With a $3.5 million base salary, Gonzalez will receive $7 million in 2013, with a cap charge of $5.25 million." Fr. LINK

The Shadow
03-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Thank God we were able to lock up Rob Francois!

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 09:34 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/15/patriots-sign-adrian-wilson/

Patriots sign Adrian Wilson.

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 15, 2013, 7:52 PM EDT

" Adrian Wilson, the 12-year veteran and five-time Pro Bowler whose time with the Cardinals came to an end last week, is heading to New England.

Wilson signed a three-year deal with the Patriots, Mike Jurecki of XTRA Sports 910 reports. Wilson said this week that he wants to play three more years, so if things go well he’ll end his career with the Patriots.

With Wilson off the board, there aren’t many good veteran safeties still available in free agency. For the teams still looking to add a safety, Ed Reed’s price may have just gone up." Fr. LINK

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Thank God we were able to lock up Rob Francois!

A major move for Ted Thompson and after that he must be exhausted.

The poor man will lock himself in his office for days.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZvN_rIFqfXelnSzdG9U5HgMBrbhAC0 qhGqDosBPb1STyT0_VuQw

Brandon494
03-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Damn it sucks being a Packers fan in the off season.

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 09:53 PM

We must be getting used to it. Consider having some fun with it as a form of reverse therapy.

MadtownPacker
03-15-2013, 10:08 PM
Agreed but until it sucks being one during the regular season I'm not gonna bitch too much.

MJZiggy
03-15-2013, 10:57 PM
Agreed but until it sucks being one during the regular season I'm not gonna bitch too much.

^This. You may not get new toys too often, but we are a contender every year.

Smeefers
03-16-2013, 07:41 AM
^This. You may not get new toys too often, but we are a contender every year.

Haha, gotta love the optimism. I can get so bummed out during this time of year, but you guys always help me put it in perspective.

I would also like to point out that we do get new toys every year in the draft. They're just like, I don't know, a brand new bottle of wine or something. Takes a while for them rooks to get good.

MJZiggy
03-16-2013, 08:02 AM
What we don't know or understand is what TT's goals are. What is he looking for? We know what we might like to see, but clearly whatever TT wants, he's not seeing in the options in front of him. I know that there are great future players in the draft and some that could contribute right away, but I wonder when I look at the roster what he's after.

pbmax
03-16-2013, 09:51 AM

Sometimes I forget that when you post you make a lot of sense. Your Harvey, aren't you? :lol:

pbmax
03-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Other wisco reporters have been indicating that Jones has multiple potential suitors.

If he should go, I will miss his coverage which I was looking forward too this season in the dime.

denverYooper
03-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Abraham, Freeney, and Osi are all still sitting on the market. There is possible bargain pass rush to be had.

red
03-16-2013, 03:28 PM

in the last 8 seasons (TT reign) we've had 3 seasons of being .500 or worse, no playoffs those three seasons. of the 5 seasons we did make the playoffs, 2 were one and done

those 5 years out of 8, sucked. or cinco de ocho, if that helps mad

so it hasn't been all roses and puppies under like some of us want to think

digitaldean
03-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Freeney or Osi I can see for the right price. Abraham has been injured too often

woodbuck27
03-16-2013, 05:13 PM
in the last 8 seasons (TT reign) we've had 3 seasons of being .500 or worse, no playoffs those three seasons. of the 5 seasons we did make the playoffs, 2 were one and done

those 5 years out of 8, sucked. or cinco de ocho, if that helps mad

so it hasn't been all roses and puppies under like some of us want to think

red you can post any number of negatives RE: Ted Thompson's tenure as the Green Bay Packers GM. The other side will counter with, and you can add to this list:

a) He needed time to get his system in place. That 'only' took six years. Super Bowl !!

b) Overall Ted Thompson's managed one Super Bowl in eight years. The Green Bay Packers have won four Super Bowls since 1967. That's one Super Bowl every 11.75 years. Ted Thompson gets at least 3-4 more years grace.

c) Since his tenure as Packer GM only one NFL team has won more Super Bowls than the Green Bay Packers. That's the Pittsburg Steelers.

d) Along with that Super Bowl win his teams have won three NFCN titles and 61% of their games with a record of 78W-50L.

e) It doesn't matter how badly the Green Bay Packers do in the playoffs as the team won the Super Bowl just 2...(next year maybe? 3)... (next year maybe? 4)...count ahead how many '?' years. A Ted Thompson managed Green Bay Packer team won a Super Bowl.

f) Ted Thompson is a drafting genious. Evidence of that not based on the number of Pro Bowl players or the number of players he drafted that somehow we're droped by the wayside. Rather we have a roster full of future stars in 'a glowing system'; an offense led by the best QB in the NFL, Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews on defense.

I could go on but the message is:

As a Green Bay Packer fan. Don't ever expect more than Ted Thompson is trying to figure out what to give you.

Simply place all trust in Ted Thompson.

This Free Agency period...pffffttt ! Ted Thompson has bigger fish to fry. He has to try and shackle Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews and maybe BJ Raji. He has to make decisions regarding Jermichael Finley and Tramone Williams. He has other concerns over the teams roster.

Ted Thompson has to decide on that new carpet. To replace that one in his office that he's worn out pacing the floor simply wondering ... wondering ...wondering what he must do to justify his job.

In reality... Ted Thompson has a load on his plate and Free Agency certainly has never been his strong suit in terms of going after many impact players.

Right there .... some posters here will jump on 'what about Ryan Pickett and Charles Woodson'. It doesn't matter that Woodson is gone or Pickett was light years ago and nearly done. Some posters are 'anal as hell' over Ted Thompson. Some posters pack a 'lynching rope' if you cross their feelings about Ted Thompson. Anyone is well advised to cross that line at their own risk. You'd certainly better be prepared with strong arguments and even then you don't win. Return to the top of this post.

It's all about that strange man that calls the shots managing the Green Bay Packers. You might simply try to join the rest here that believe that no one could do it better. That... or simply 'just' fake it. :grin:

GO PACKERS !

pittstang5
03-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Now that most of the big names have been signed, TT will start to look for some basement bargains. Who's out there?

Guiness
03-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Now that most of the big names have been signed, TT will start to look for some basement bargains. Who's out there?

Dumervil :jig:!!!!!! lol, oh, my side hurts

Joemailman
03-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Freeney or Osi I can see for the right price. Abraham has been injured too often

Freeney struggled as an OLB last year, with 5 sacks and only 12 tackles. I suppose guys like him and Osi would have some value as a situational pass rusher, but they probably want to go somewhere where they can play DE in a 4-3.

denverYooper
03-17-2013, 08:49 AM
Ted sign a playmaker yet?

Joemailman
03-17-2013, 09:27 AM

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/9816833/154125249.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Joemailman
03-17-2013, 09:28 AM
nm

swede
03-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Haha, gotta love the optimism. I can get so bummed out during this time of year, but you guys always help me put it in perspective.

I would also like to point out that we do get new toys every year in the draft. They're just like, I don't know, a brand new bottle of wine or something. Takes a while for them rooks to get good.

You get your kids wine for Christmas? You know that may quiet things down in the afternoon.

Patler
03-17-2013, 10:27 AM

TT signs playmakers almost every year. He did last year and likely will this year. It always happens between the end of April and the start of training camp. Last year it was Hayward. The year before it was Cobb.

Smeefers
03-17-2013, 06:42 PM
Naw, TT hasn't gotten any probowlers. Just Aaron Rodgers, Nick Collins, Charles Woodson, Clay Mathews, AJ Hawk, Greg Jennings, Tramon Williams, John Kuhn, BJ Raji and Scott Wells.

Listen, I'm not saying TT is perfect. Would I like him to be more aggressive in FA? Yes. I'd like to see him do more. I just don't want him going all in. Maybe that's where I get sidetracked in this conversation all the time. You guys aren't saying that we should bust the bank for players we really don't need are you? You just want us to offer maybe 1 mil more a year to a proven vet in order to get him. If you think GJ is worth 9 mil, maybe we offer him 10 to keep him, right? We offered SJ 3 mil a year, maybe we should have gone to 4.5 just to fix this glaring need. You're not breaking the bank, you're just trying to be reasonable. I understand and agree with that, as long as you're not willing to do that with every position out there because that way leads disaster.

I suppose I just remember being a kid, turning on the TV, then turning it off, then turning it on 3 minutes later and then turning it off, not being able to take how horrible our team was playing. I saw us going down that road again when Sherman took over and TT has just been a great relief to me. It hasn't all be roses by far, but I think he's tried to do the best with what he's been given. I think our team is better now than it was 10 years ago. I think it's better now than it was 5 years ago.

The reason I defend TT so much is that I don't see his philosophy leading to a drop off like we had with Wolf's. I see him being able to sustain a good team indefinitely. The Patriots, Packers, Ravens and the Steelers are pretty much the only teams that year in and year out have put up solid teams and are poised to do so for the future. If that's the case, then I think we're doing something right.

woodbuck27
03-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Naw, TT hasn't gotten any probowlers. Just Aaron Rodgers, Nick Collins, Charles Woodson, Clay Mathews, AJ Hawk, Greg Jennings, Tramon Williams, John Kuhn, BJ Raji and Scott Wells.

Listen, I'm not saying TT is perfect. Would I like him to be more aggressive in FA? Yes. I'd like to see him do more. I just don't want him going all in. Maybe that's where I get sidetracked in this conversation all the time. You guys aren't saying that we should bust the bank for players we really don't need are you? You just want us to offer maybe 1 mil more a year to a proven vet in order to get him. If you think GJ is worth 9 mil, maybe we offer him 10 to keep him, right? We offered SJ 3 mil a year, maybe we should have gone to 4.5 just to fix this glaring need. You're not breaking the bank, you're just trying to be reasonable. I understand and agree with that, as long as you're not willing to do that with every position out there because that way leads disaster.

I suppose I just remember being a kid, turning on the TV, then turning it off, then turning it on 3 minutes later and then turning it off, not being able to take how horrible our team was playing. I saw us going down that road again when Sherman took over and TT has just been a great relief to me. It hasn't all be roses by far, but I think he's tried to do the best with what he's been given. I think our team is better now than it was 10 years ago. I think it's better now than it was 5 years ago.

The reason I defend TT so much is that I don't see his philosophy leading to a drop off like we had with Wolf's. I see him being able to sustain a good team indefinitely. The Patriots, Packers, Ravens and the Steelers are pretty much the only teams that year in and year out have put up solid teams and are poised to do so for the future. If that's the case, then I think we're doing something right.

Nice post.

Respectfully, the Green Bay Packer Pro Bowler's and the Ted Thompson reign.

Aaron Rodgers, Nick Collins, Charles Woodson, Clay Mathews, AJ Hawk, Greg Jennings, Tramon Williams, John Kuhn, BJ Raji and Scott Wells.

That's ten.

The San Francisco 49ers had 'nine' selections to the Pro Bowl this past year.

The reality check:

Nick Collins, Charles Woodson, Greg Jennings and Scott Wells are gone.

I always hope that TT will do 'just' a little more because I feel he has to.

GO PACK GO !

Smeefers
03-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Nice post.

Respectfully, the Green Bay Packer Pro Bowler's and the Ted Thompson reign.

Aaron Rodgers, Nick Collins, Charles Woodson, Clay Mathews, AJ Hawk, Greg Jennings, Tramon Williams, John Kuhn, BJ Raji and Scott Wells.

That's ten.

The San Francisco 49ers had 'nine' selections to the Pro Bowl this past year.

The reality check:

Nick Collins, Charles Woodson, Greg Jennings and Scott Wells are gone.

I always hope that TT will do 'just' a little more because I feel he has to.

GO PACK GO !

When the packers went 15-1 they had Greg Jennings, John Kuhn, Clay Matthews, B.J. Raji, Aaron Rodgers, Scott Wells, and Charles Woodson go to the pro bowl. When one team plays much better than all the other teams around it, it tends to get a lot of pro bowlers. I don't believe that's a fair measurement to consider how well a GM is performing.

Players who have not made the pro bowl from the packers : Josh Sitton, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Randall Cobb, Bryan Bulaga, Desmond Bishop, Ryan Pickett, Casey Haward, Sam Shields. These guys are near or at that level along with our other pro bowlers.

I'm not saying we don't have a few weak spots, but I definitely do not think our team is lacking in talent. What do we need? A LT, a LOLB and a RB. It's not like TT hasn't tried addressing those options with Sherrod, Perry and Alex Green. Sometimes the guy misses.

Bretsky
03-17-2013, 09:01 PM
Was there really that big of the drop off due to Wolf ? I'm not sure I see it that way. When Sherman took over as GM I would not have called the cup dry

KYPack
03-17-2013, 09:50 PM
Was there really that big of the drop off due to Wolf ? I'm not sure I see it that way. When Sherman took over as GM I would not have called the cup dry

He drafted a punter in the 3rd and traded UP to do that.

That's when I fell off his bandwagon.

Bretsky
03-17-2013, 10:20 PM
He drafted a punter in the 3rd and traded UP to do that.

That's when I fell off his bandwagon.

That was Sherman, right ? I thought somebody made mention of how R Wolf kind of left the pot empty. I didn't see that. Now Sherman was on his way to doing that....I think......it was good that was stopped

pbmax
03-17-2013, 10:54 PM
That was Sherman, right ? I thought somebody made mention of how R Wolf kind of left the pot empty. I didn't see that. Now Sherman was on his way to doing that....I think......it was good that was stopped

Not cupboard empty but he whiffed two of his later drafts, including his last or Sherman's first depending on how you look at it.

But even with that he still had drafted one of the best Packer O lines ever, even if he had lost a bit off the old fastball.

woodbuck27
03-18-2013, 08:20 AM
When the packers went 15-1 they had Greg Jennings, John Kuhn, Clay Matthews, B.J. Raji, Aaron Rodgers, Scott Wells, and Charles Woodson go to the pro bowl. When one team plays much better than all the other teams around it, it tends to get a lot of pro bowlers. I don't believe that's a fair measurement to consider how well a GM is performing.

Players who have not made the pro bowl from the packers : Josh Sitton, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Randall Cobb, Bryan Bulaga, Desmond Bishop, Ryan Pickett, Casey Haward, Sam Shields. These guys are near or at that level along with our other pro bowlers.

I'm not saying we don't have a few weak spots, but I definitely do not think our team is lacking in talent. What do we need? A LT, a LOLB and a RB. It's not like TT hasn't tried addressing those options with Sherrod, Perry and Alex Green. Sometimes the guy misses.

"When the packers went 15-1 they had Greg Jennings, John Kuhn, Clay Matthews, B.J. Raji, Aaron Rodgers, Scott Wells, and Charles Woodson go to the pro bowl. When one team plays much better than all the other teams around it, it tends to get a lot of pro bowlers." Smeefers

Your correct.

Again... so many Pro Bowl players currently on San Fran 49ers roster. The team that is currently considered as the leading contender for the Super Bowl along with the (AFC) Denver BRONCOS.

I agree that the Packers have a maturing and young roster that will improve. I stand with what I see. We are slipping and have slipped since 'the off season' began. Mostly I believe because TT hasn't counter punched yet. This isn't reason to panic as his behaviour this off season isn't uncharacteristic for him.

Right now three NFC teams are ranked with or above us. San Fran, Seattle and Atlanta may or not have all improved depended upon one's perspective. I believe that Ted Thompson is paying attention.

Again ...Ted Thompson's work never ends and it musn't.

GO PACKERS !

Pugger
03-18-2013, 10:13 AM

If the Sherman years were terrible in your eyes you should have been around in the 70s and 80s! Those were horrific years!

woodbuck27
03-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Comment woodbuck27:

Do we have a LT file? If so this post and 2nd LINK below should be read before filing.

** http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258278/for-4-years--and--$34m-long-picks-rams-over-fins

The above LINK is being awkward.

** LT Jake Long is gone from the market and the price of a LT set. There are other FA T's looking for a CONTRACT. It doesn't end there.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/18/report-chiefs-will-listen-to-branden-albert-trade-offers/

Report: Chiefs will listen to Branden Albert trade offers

Posted by Josh Alper on March 18, 2013, 10:24 AM EDT

This article is decent in terms of determining the cost of FA Tackles this off season and more. ie Jake Long, Rams ; Will Beatty, Giants ; Jermon Bushrod, Bears; Gosder Cherilus, Colts; Sam Baker, Falcons and Phil Loadholt, Vikings.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/3/18/4118888/free-agency-2013-rams-long-smith-bengals

woodbuck27
03-18-2013, 11:03 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/18/bengals-bring-back-another-of-their-own-rey-maualuga/

Bengals bring back another of their own, Rey Maualuga

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 18, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

See Also 'just how valuable' Vontaze Burfict has become to Bengal plans for this season. How the above move will impact his position:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7435/vontaze-burfict

Guiness
03-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Comment woodbuck27:

Do we have a LT file? If so this post and 2nd LINK below should be read before filing.

** http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258278/for-4-years--and--$34m-long-picks-rams-over-fins

The above LINK is being awkward.

** LT Jake Long is gone from the market and the price of a LT set. There are other FA T's looking for a CONTRACT. It doesn't end there.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/18/report-chiefs-will-listen-to-branden-albert-trade-offers/

Report: Chiefs will listen to Branden Albert trade offers

Posted by Josh Alper on March 18, 2013, 10:24 AM EDT

Jake Long got a pretty nice contract from the Rams, but not ridiculous. Normally I'd say it was a good move picking up a pro-bowler just getting his second contract, but I'm not sure they had a great need for him. I thought Saffold was ok, and it looks like he'll be asking for a trade. Miami got a weapon for their young QB, but in spending the money there may have lost his blindside protection.

I'm not sure these moves are going to work out for either team.

woodbuck27
03-18-2013, 11:36 AM
If the Sherman years were terrible in your eyes you should have been around in the 70s and 80s! Those were horrific years!

No kidding and if you stared too hard 'at that paint drying', you risked cataracts.

woodbuck27
03-18-2013, 04:12 PM

The Free Agent Hot 100

Comment woodbuck27:

This list needs to be brought up to date RE: LT Jake Long (RAMS) and CB Aqib Talib (PATS) and maybe some more signed this past weekend. Never the less, they are coming off this TOP 100 LIST fast.

There's about 3 dozen not yet signed.

woodbuck27
03-18-2013, 04:21 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/18/matt-hasselbeck-out-in-tennessee/

Comment woodbuck27:

Want a back-up QB? You know this guy. Moreso, Ted Thompson knows this guy. Check out the fan comments.

Matt Hasselbeck out in Tennessee

Posted by Josh Alper on March 18, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-18-2013, 04:25 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/18/urlacher-losing-leverage-as-cowboys-dont-make-sense/

Urlacher losing leverage, as Cowboys don’t make sense.

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 18, 2013, 4:43 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-18-2013, 04:43 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/18/monday-morning-one-liners-165/

Monday morning one-liners.

Posted by Josh Alper on March 18, 2013, 8:59 AM EDT

woodbuck27
03-18-2013, 04:45 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/18/leslie-frazier-wants-winfield-back/

Leslie Frazier wants (Antoine) Winfield back.

Posted by Mike Florio on March 18, 2013, 8:12 AM EDT

woodbuck27
03-18-2013, 04:47 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/18/marvin-lewis-wants-no-part-of-old-guys-like-randy-moss/

Marvin Lewis wants no part of old guys like Randy Moss.

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 18, 2013, 8:29 AM EDT

woodbuck27
03-18-2013, 04:51 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/17/steve-tisch-anticipating-victor-cruz-gets-an-offer-sheet/

Steve Tisch anticipating Victor Cruz gets an offer sheet

Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 17, 2013, 7:54 PM EDT

pittstang5
03-18-2013, 04:53 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/18/leslie-frazier-wants-winfield-back/

Leslie Frazier wants (Antoine) Winfield back.

Posted by Mike Florio on March 18, 2013, 8:12 AM EDT

Packers should sign him just for spite because they took Jennings - lol

Can he play safety?

Guiness
03-18-2013, 05:20 PM
Packers should sign him just for spite because they took Jennings - lol

Can he play safety?

Winfield covering Jennings...with Winfield in Green&Gold, Jennings wearing purple?

THAT would take some getting used to.

woodbuck27
03-18-2013, 06:51 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/18/megatron-suh-restructure-contracts-to-give-lions-cap-space/

Megatron, Suh restructure contracts to give Lions cap space

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 18, 2013, 6:17 PM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

The LIONS want to ROAR !

Smeefers
03-18-2013, 07:16 PM

Sorry, I was talking about the 80's when I began watching the pack and the adorable age of 0. The first QB I remember is Makowski, and the reason I remember him is because he was such a step up and we actually won a couple games. What I was trying to say is that when Sherman came along, I saw us going right back down that path.

As for the drop off with Wolf, I thought there was a significant drop in player talent, even from 96 to 97 and it only got worse after that. I'm not saying we were suddenly a 4 and 12 team, I'm just saying that we really didn't have a shot at winning the big game after our second bowl appearance. I remember thinking when we went to the super bowl in 97 that we didn't really deserve to be there because we weren't as good as the year before. Now understand, that was a 16 year old mind, but it's shaped how I see things today.

I've been saying for the last 3 years or so that we're set up to be great for years to come. It wasn't that long ago people were whipping around the word dynasty like it was Pee Wee's secret word. I still think we have a shot to be in the super bowl for many years to come, regardless of who TT does or does not pick up in FA.

And Wood, if you agree that we have a laundry list of young "almost" pro bowlers (for lack of a better term) and that they're maturing and will improve, I don't see how you can say in the next sentence that we've slipped. By your very definition we're improving, not getting worse. We're just improving from within. I think the packers as is have a real shot at beating both the 49ers and the bronco's next year and the year after that and so on. Like I said, I think we're going to be in the hunt for the super bowl for years to come.

woodbuck27
03-19-2013, 09:31 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/19/aubrayo-franklin-latest-to-join-up-with-the-colts/

Aubrayo Franklin latest to join up with the Colts.

Posted by Josh Alper on March 19, 2013, 5:13 PM EDT

run pMc
03-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Chip Kelly:"But we want taller, longer people because big people beat up little people."

woodbuck27
03-21-2013, 03:03 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/21/thursday-morning-one-liners-204/

Thursday morning one-liners

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 21, 2013, 8:20 AM EDT

woodbuck27
03-21-2013, 03:08 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/article/20130320/PKR0101/130320072/LB-Jones-visits-Packers-offices

LB (Brad) Jones visits Packers offices

Written by: Pete Dougherty

Mar 20, 2013

The latest:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/21/brad-jones-returns-to-packers/

Brad Jones returns to Packers

Posted by Josh Alper on March 21, 2013, 5:54 PM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

No terms of the deal have been reported.

woodbuck27
03-21-2013, 03:16 PM
http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2020605319_seahawks21.html

For Seahawks, patience and discipline paid off in free-agent haul

Seahawks have added Percy Harvin, Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 8:02 PM

"There is no way I thought, a week and a half ago, that we'd have Percy Harvin, Cliff Avril or Michael Bennett on our team this year," Seattle GM John Schneider

woodbuck27
03-21-2013, 04:34 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42830/309/free-agency-winners

BY: Adam Levitan - ROTOWORLD

Free Agency ... Free Agency Winners 2013.

Comment woodbuck27:

Ted Thompson takes the position that you cannot win a Super Bowl in March by adding the most expensive FA's. Rather it's better to draft and develop prospects; sustaining continuity within a solid system of keeping and developing your own talent.

Other NFL teams use free agency to fill where needed. In this article the author gives his opinion on the five teams that have done the best so far in this FA period.

Click LINK For Details:

Thursday, March 21, 2013

1. SEAHAWKS

2. CHIEFS

3. BROWNS

4. BRONCOS

5. FALCONS

woodbuck27
03-21-2013, 04:39 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3700/bernard-pollard

Titans signed SS Bernard Pollard, formerly of the Ravens, to a one-year contract.

woodbuck27
03-21-2013, 04:45 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42790/309/free-agency-2013-best-50-left

ROTOWORLD TOP 50 FA's LEFT. Monday, March 18, 2013

Joemailman
03-21-2013, 05:10 PM
Packers re-sign Brad Jones. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/199430041.html

woodbuck27
03-22-2013, 11:15 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/22/friday-morning-one-liners-207/

Friday morning one-liners

Posted by Josh Alper on March 22, 2013, 8:21 AM EDT

woodbuck27
03-22-2013, 01:18 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42830/309/free-agency-winners

BY: Adam Levitan - ROTOWORLD

Free Agency ... Free Agency Winners 2013.

Comment woodbuck27:

Ted Thompson takes the position that you cannot win a Super Bowl in March by adding the most expensive FA's. Rather it's better to draft and develop prospects; sustaining continuity within a solid system of keeping and developing your own talent.

Other NFL teams use free agency to fill where needed. In this article the author gives his opinion on the five teams that have done the best so far in this FA period.

Click LINK For Details:

Thursday, March 21, 2013

1. SEAHAWKS

2. CHIEFS

3. BROWNS

4. BRONCOS

5. FALCONS

Comment woodbuck27:

Then there is the other side. Green Bay isn't the 'only' NFL organization that believes in 'a soft approach' to Free Agency:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/22/mike-brown-defends-spending-habits-on-free-agents/

Mike Brown defends spending habits on free agents.

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 22, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-22-2013, 01:22 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/22/browns-sign-chris-owens/

Browns sign Chris Owens

Posted by Josh Alper on March 22, 2013, 2:13 PM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

As usual CB's are the flavour for the day as this FA is demonstrating.

woodbuck27
03-23-2013, 06:27 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/23/saturday-one-liners-176/

Saturday one-liners

Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-24-2013, 10:26 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/24/sunday-morning-one-liners-178/

Sunday morning one-liners

Posted by Josh Alper on March 24, 2013, 9:01 AM EDT

woodbuck27
03-24-2013, 01:57 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/24/patriots-agree-to-deal-with-sebastian-vollmer/

Comment woodbuck27:

With the tackle market slow in developing in free agency. The Pat's have made a deal with one of their own. Vollmer's market was soft because of a postseason knee scope and his history of back issues, yet the Patriots felt good about the 28-year-old's recovery. They had Vollmer and RT Andre Smith as top two free agents still available.

Vollmer is a valuable piece of the puzzle in New England after starting 15 games last season for an offense that averaged more snaps per outing than any team in football.

Patriots agree to deal with RT Sebastian Vollmer

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 24, 2013, 11:20 AM EDT

woodbuck27
03-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Comment woodbuck27:

With nearly two weeks of FA on the $books$. The NFL GM's that may be considered as bargain hunters will get into the game. Vet help at lower prices are still available from a standpoint of some GM's view. With an accent on 'lower prices'.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/24/will-allen-justin-durant-to-visit-cowboys/

Will Allen, Justin Durant to visit Cowboys

Posted by Josh Alper on March 24, 2013, 1:51 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-24-2013, 03:34 PM
The Bears remain busy in Free Agency:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/24/bears-add-another-linebacker-not-named-urlacher/

Bears add another linebacker not named Urlacher

Posted by Mike Florio on March 24, 2013, 3:56 PM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

Just two days ago the Bears added D.J. Williams, and now have signed James Anderson away from the Panthers in an attempt to solidify the middle of their defense.

woodbuck27
03-24-2013, 03:40 PM

The Free Agent Hot 100

Comment woodbuck27:

Twelve (12) days into Free Agency and approximately 30 remain on PFT's Top 100 list.

In about three hours time there will be 32 days remaining in Free Agency.

woodbuck27
03-24-2013, 03:52 PM
FLASH and maybe?, great news for Ravens fans:

According tom a news release on NFL.COM...It appears as if Elvis Dumervil is headed to Baltimore.

The defensive end has chosen the Ravens over the Broncos, Jeff Darlington reports, according to a source close to the situation.

More on the TRUTH of this later.

OK here it is:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/24/report-dumervil-picks-ravens/

Elvis Dumervil picks Ravens

Posted by Josh Alper on March 24, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

These moves are fun to watch as some of the best teams punch and counterpunch.

So what's the next move by the Denver BRONCOS? Will they elect to go with John Abraham or Peyton Manning's friend, Dwight Freeney?

If the BRONCOS do elect that option and from what I know. It should be Mr. Abraham 'all day'. Comments from COLT fans are less than complimentry for Mr. Freeney; based on a closer look at their signing of Eric Walden, who's expected to replace Dwight Freeney next season.

woodbuck27
03-24-2013, 05:06 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/2013-free-agents.htm

Comment woodbuck27:

This site is loaded with information on alot of things NFL.

The LINK above will show you the 2013 FA's. Their age and NFL experience. You may determine if a FA signed or not; what team that FA signed with.

For what it's worth or not. You will see a number associated with a player. the AV Value or 'approximate value'.

Pro Football Reference uses a system for judging the value of a player called approximate value (AV). You can read the entire formula for how AV is determined on their website. That AV value includes team success.

ie A good team offense has more AV points to divvy up than a poor offense. A team stronger on offense will have more value given to their role players.

If you find yourself bored, maybe you might want to sink your teeth into this or more on this site's explanation of AV :

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?page_id=518

woodbuck27
03-26-2013, 09:43 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/25/monday-morning-one-liners-166/

Monday morning one-liners

Posted by Josh Alper on March 25, 2013, 9:02 AM EDT

woodbuck27
03-26-2013, 10:22 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/25/the-weekend-that-was/

The weekend that was

Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2013, 10:43 AM EDT

woodbuck27
03-26-2013, 10:29 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/25/kevin-boothe-staying-with-giants/

Kevin Boothe staying with Giants

Posted by Josh Alper on March 25, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

The left side of the GIANTS OL returns for the 2013 season. LG Kevin Boothe joins LT Will Beatty. Signing a new contract to remain a GIANT.

woodbuck27
03-26-2013, 11:19 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/25/thomas-dimitroff-umenyiora-discussions-are-fluid-and-amicable/

Thomas Dimitroff: Umenyiora discussions are “fluid and amicable”

Posted by Josh Alper on March 25, 2013, 2:13 PM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

The Atlanta Falcons continue to re-load. Maybe?

There's room for improvement on their 'D'. I'll be watching emphasis placed there after shoring up at RB; and getting their outstanding TE back for another crack at the Super Bowl next season.

woodbuck27
03-26-2013, 11:24 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/25/suggs-says-hes-never-played-with-a-pass-rusher-like-dumervil/

Suggs says he’s never played with a pass rusher like Dumervil

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 25, 2013, 3:54 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-26-2013, 11:28 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/25/bears-bring-back-jonathan-scott/

Bears bring back FA tackle Jonathan Scott

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 25, 2013, 4:08 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-26-2013, 11:32 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/25/tampa-doesnt-look-like-the-destination-for-brent-grimes/

Tampa doesn’t look like the destination for Brent Grimes

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 25, 2013, 5:36 PM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

FA CB's went fast.

woodbuck27
03-26-2013, 11:44 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/25/pats-bide-their-time-with-emmanuel-sanders/

Pats bide their time with RFA WR Emmanuel Sanders

Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2013, 7:32 PM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

Emmanuel Sanders is an American football wide receiver for the Pittsburgh Steelers of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Steelers in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft.

Born: March 17, 1987 (age 26)

40 yard dash time: 4.41 seconds

Salary: 490,000 USD (2012)

woodbuck27
03-26-2013, 11:46 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/26/saints-could-make-a-play-for-freeney/

Saints could make a play for Freeney

Posted by Mike Florio on March 26, 2013, 7:17 AM EDT

woodbuck27
03-26-2013, 11:49 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/26/report-steelers-tell-james-harrison-theyre-not-interested/

Report: Steelers tell James Harrison they’re not interested

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 26, 2013, 9:17 AM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

Man that stuff has to be rough.

woodbuck27
03-26-2013, 11:53 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/26/tuesday-morning-one-liners-201/

Tuesday morning one-liners

Posted by Josh Alper on March 26, 2013, 8:39 AM EDT

woodbuck27
03-26-2013, 04:23 PM
Comment woodbuck27:

The market for veteran cornerbacks has taken a nosedive this year. Sean Smith got less than $6 million$ per year on a three-year deal.

Five year Vet FA CB Mike Jenkins (Cowboys) is still looking for a contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/26/mike-jenkins-will-visit-the-jaguars/

Mike Jenkins will visit the Jaguars

Posted by Mike Florio on March 26, 2013, 4:59 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Comment woodbuck27:

The games people play.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/26/report-antoine-winfield-could-accept-offer-before-visiting-redskins/

Report: FA CB Antoine Winfield (Vikings) could accept another offer before visiting Redskins

Posted by Josh Alper on March 26, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-26-2013, 04:54 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/26/lechler-says-he-never-heard-from-raiders/

Comment woodbuck27:

This one surprized me. We're talking likely the best punter in the NFL. No communication from an organization he's given 13 years to. That makes no sense to me.

(Shane) Lechler says he never heard from Raiders

Posted by Mike Florio on March 26, 2013, 5:35 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-27-2013, 03:10 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/27/cowboys-apparently-ready-to-do-business-today/

Cowboys apparently ready to do business today

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 27, 2013, 10:26 AM EDT

woodbuck27
03-27-2013, 03:15 PM
Comment woodbuck27:

Nothing happening for Darrius Heyward-Bey in Indy. He's reported to be off to Detroit looking for a contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/27/darrius-heyward-bey-leaves-indy-without-a-contract/

Darrius Heyward-Bey leaves Indy without a contract.

Posted by Josh Alper on March 27, 2013, 11:20 AM EDT

woodbuck27
03-27-2013, 03:19 PM
Comment woodbuck27:

Will Allen still wants to grow up to be a cowboy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/27/will-allen-set-to-sign-with-cowboys-when-they-clear-cap-space/

Will Allen set to sign with Cowboys when they clear cap space

Posted by Josh Alper on March 27, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT

woodbuck27
03-27-2013, 03:28 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/27/ravens-agree-to-terms-with-michael-huff/

Ravens agree to terms with Michael Huff

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 27, 2013, 12:42 PM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

Not a bad deal for the Ravens. 3 years / 6 $million$.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/316955408067608576

woodbuck27
03-27-2013, 03:32 PM
Comment woodbuck27:

NFL Teams continue to re-structure player contracts to make more off season moves.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/27/jordan-gross-restructures-deal-with-panthers/

Jordan Gross restructures deal with Panthers

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 27, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-27-2013, 03:36 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/27/kyle-orton-restructures-opening-door-for-justin-durant-in-dallas/

Kyle Orton restructures, opening door for Justin Durant in Dallas

Posted by Josh Alper on March 27, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-27-2013, 03:38 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/27/greg-jones-signs-with-texans/

Greg Jones signs with Texans

Posted by Josh Alper on March 27, 2013, 1:19 PM EDT

Maurice Jones-Drew isn’t going to be happy.

woodbuck27
03-27-2013, 03:40 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/27/plenty-of-teams-have-plenty-of-cap-room/

Plenty of teams have plenty of cap room

Posted by Mike Florio on March 27, 2013, 1:28 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-27-2013, 03:41 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/27/cowboys-do-more-shuffling-make-will-allen-deal-official/

Cowboys do more shuffling, make Will Allen deal official

Posted by Josh Alper on March 27, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-27-2013, 03:44 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/27/cardinals-sign-jonathon-amaya/

Comment woodbuck27:

This NFL team has been very busy in FA.

Cardinals sign Jonathon Amaya

Posted by Josh Alper on March 27, 2013, 3:17 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-27-2013, 03:48 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/27/arthur-jones-signs-restricted-free-agent-tender/

DE Arthur Jones signs restricted free agent tender with Ravens

Posted by Josh Alper on March 27, 2013, 4:02 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-28-2013, 02:06 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/28/with-no-hanson-deal-lions-looking-at-akers/

With no Hanson deal, Lions looking at Akers

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 28, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

http://images.inmagine.com/img/photoalto/waa003/waa003000035.jpg

The Free Agency 'kicking game'.

woodbuck27
03-28-2013, 05:01 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/28/seahawks-agree-to-terms-with-tony-mcdaniel-to-one-year-deal/

Seahawks agree to terms with Tony McDaniel on one-year deal

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on March 28, 2013, 4:40 PM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

They keep on trying.

woodbuck27
03-29-2013, 04:21 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/29/bears-bring-in-matt-slauson/

Bears bring in Matt Slauson

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 29, 2013, 2:35 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-29-2013, 04:26 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/29/friday-morning-one-liners-208/

Friday morning one-liners

Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 29, 2013, 9:17 AM EDT

woodbuck27
03-30-2013, 01:14 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/30/brent-grimes-strikes-deal-with-dolphins/

Brent Grimes strikes deal with Dolphins

Posted by Mike Florio on March 30, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT

woodbuck27
03-30-2013, 01:17 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/30/offer-in-hand-from-jaguars-jenkins-to-keep-making-visits/

Offer in hand from Jaguars, Jenkins to keep making visits

Posted by Mike Florio on March 30, 2013, 10:11 AM EDT

woodbuck27
03-30-2013, 01:18 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/30/terence-newman-stays-with-the-bengals/

Terence Newman stays with the Bengals

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 30, 2013, 7:07 AM EDT

woodbuck27
03-31-2013, 11:18 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000154804/article/darrius-heywardbey-detroit-lions-very-appealing

Comment woodbuck27:

Darrius Heyward-Bey, the second fastest '40' man in the Combine history. The 7th overall pick by the Oakland Raiders (2009). Who averaged nearly 800 yards the past two seasons. Is still considering teams after being released by Oakland on March 13, 2013.

Darrius Heyward-Bey: Detroit Lions 'very appealing'

By Dan Hanzus ... Around the League Writer

Published: March 27, 2013 at 10:05 p.m. Updated: March 28, 2013 at 12:25 p.m.

woodbuck27
03-31-2013, 02:13 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/31/rodney-harrison-thinks-pats-got-it-right-with-adrian-wilson/

Comment woodbuck27:

We're talking about a very special FA safety here:

Rodney Harrison thinks Pats got it right with Adrian Wilson

Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2013, 10:03 AM EDT

woodbuck27
03-31-2013, 02:14 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/31/sunday-morning-one-liners-179/

Sunday morning one-liners

Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 31, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT

woodbuck27
04-01-2013, 12:16 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/01/jaguars-release-c-j-mosley/

Jaguars release C.J. Mosley

Posted by Mike Wilkening on April 1, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

Could he be a fit for us?

CJ Mosley (29 years old) had a decent season in 2012. Check out his numbers (a career-high 13 games in 2012, 45 tackles and 2.5 sacks); he's affordable.

He's been in the NFL since 2005 or has six years experience with Minny (2005), Jets (2006-08),
Browns (2009) and Jags (2010-12).

woodbuck27
04-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Comment woodbuck27:

Suddenly as much as having a solid NO.1 QB and forget 'rare as hens teeth' Franchise QB's. Obtaining a solid backup QB is becoming a task.

Seattle needs a backup now that Matt Flynn is Oakland bound. What's legitamately left or on the radar?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/01/qb-moves-could-send-thigpen-seattles-way/

QB moves could send Thigpen Seattle’s way

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 1, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT

woodbuck27
04-01-2013, 12:41 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/01/arrival-of-kevin-kolb-wont-keep-bills-from-drafting-a-quarterback/

Arrival of Kevin Kolb won’t keep Bills from drafting a quarterback

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 1, 2013, 10:37 AM EDT

woodbuck27
04-01-2013, 12:42 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/01/monday-morning-one-liners-167/

Monday morning one-liners

Posted by Mike Wilkening on April 1, 2013, 9:59 AM EDT

woodbuck27
04-01-2013, 12:45 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/01/lions-still-on-the-lookout-for-receiver-help/

Lions still on the lookout for receiver help

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 1, 2013, 7:44 AM EDT

woodbuck27
04-01-2013, 12:51 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/31/potential-reward-justifies-cruzs-risk/

Potential reward justifies Cruz’s risk

Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

On signing a (RFA) restricted free agent tender.... or not.