PDA

View Full Version : What do you do for a living?

Iron Mike
08-22-2006, 06:43 PM
OK, since we have a good thread going on "How Old Are You and Where From" let's just go on ahead with the next logical question--"What do you do for a living?"

I'm an investigator for the Medical Examiner's Office. Today I assisted with this case: http://www.postcrescent.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060822/APC0101/608220573/1979

Tony Oday
08-22-2006, 06:43 PM
I sell money

Iron Mike
08-22-2006, 06:45 PM
I sell money

Well, that's a hell of a lot more interesting than my job!!! :wink:

BlueBrewer
08-22-2006, 07:12 PM
I am a ReaL Estate Broker

Iron Mike
08-22-2006, 07:26 PM

Washburn county, correct? I'm guessing you're selling mostly vacation property. :?:

BlueBrewer
08-22-2006, 07:43 PM

Washburn county, correct? I'm guessing you're selling mostly vacation property. :?:

I haven't been selling much this summer, the market is really slow up here.

Bretsky
08-22-2006, 07:47 PM

I'm a Residential Loan Officer in Jefferson County; market slow here as well. Rough for the Mortgage Loan Originators and Realtors.

BlueBrewer, do you have a relationship with a Mortgage Loan Originator who you refer your home buyers too when they need financing ?

Cheers,
B

BlueBrewer
08-22-2006, 07:51 PM
[quote=BlueBrewer]I am a ReaL Estate Broker

I'm a Residential Loan Officer in Jefferson County; market slow here as well. Rough for the Mortgage Loan Originators and Realtors.

BlueBrewer, do you have a relationship with a Mortgage Loan Originator who you refer your home buyers too when they need financing ?

I am friends with a few in the area, I just recommend them all and let the buyer decide, that way I don't look like I am playing favorites. One with Johnson Bank, one with Bank of the West, and one with Bankers Home Mortgage.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-22-2006, 08:22 PM
I am a full time student. I just quit my summer job because I have a really hard semester ahead of me. I will get another part time job in the winter because in the spring I plan on only taking 15 creidts instead of 19 this semester. BTW, my job that am quitting is BJ's wholesale culb (it's another verision of sam's club if that helps).

digitaldean
08-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Work 2 jobs
1.) Work for graphics company preparing graphic design files for printing for packaging (mainly folding cartons, catalogs, flexible packaging - bags, labels, wrappers, etc.)

2.) Freelance in web development and print production for a publication company. Nothing real big, but it's steady work and pays the bills.

Beats my previous part time job... slinging drinks.

BallHawk
08-22-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm a full time student in Middle School and I work part time at my golf course. I can't wait till high school so I can actually do something interesting, middle school is a bore.

AtlPackFan
08-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Support Engineer for a company that manufactures industrial computers.

oregonpackfan
08-22-2006, 10:07 PM
I took early retirement as an elementary school teacher. Now I just pick up odd jobs here and there.
OPF

Partial
08-22-2006, 10:21 PM
I bust my hump keeping all your asses in line on this forum!! :mrgreen:

I am a summer intern for a financial processing firm. We provide the backbone and infrastructure for brokerage firms.

During the school year, I am pretty much a bum and a student of EE/SE. Taking 17 credits this semester and hopefully landing a job on campus of at best buy in dubuque iowa.

Speaking of which, if anyone can hook me up with a job in southwestern wisconsin or in dubuque, i'm a diligent worker and very friendly person and am always looking for a part time opportunity!!

FavreChild
08-22-2006, 10:26 PM
EE/SE

Hello....lingo!! What is that, engineering?

Good job networking, though. Best skill to learn - any field.

Partial
08-22-2006, 10:54 PM
EE/SE

Hello....lingo!! What is that, engineering?

Good job networking, though. Best skill to learn - any field.

Yep, electrical engineering and software engineering. My emphasis is in computers, so its more of just a really geeky major.

FavreChild
08-22-2006, 10:58 PM
It is *not* a geeky major...until you start referring to it in acronyms and other technical lingo.... :wink:

BlueBrewer
08-23-2006, 08:29 AM
I'm a full time student in Middle School and I work part time at my golf course. I can't wait till high school so I can actually do something interesting, middle school is a bore.

Slow down tiger, you can't go back. Make the most of your youth, you will miss it greatly some day.

test
08-23-2006, 10:58 AM
Engineer and Production Supervisor.

I have a side business with a website where I sell some stuff but not sure if it's appropriate to link to it. Moderators? Input here?

Badgepack
08-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Recently, it seems I get paid to read/post at Packerrats.com.
I really need to stay off this site when at work, at least cut back.

Partial
08-23-2006, 11:22 AM
Recently, it seems I get paid to read/post at Packerrats.com.
I really need to stay off this site when at work, at least cut back.

heh, same here

Partial
08-23-2006, 11:23 AM

I have a side business with a website where I sell some stuff but not sure if it's appropriate to link to it. Moderators? Input here?

You can add it to your profile as your website and it will show up as an option for people to click in every post you make.

test
08-23-2006, 11:50 AM
ok just wanted to make sure it was cool.

Partial
08-23-2006, 11:58 AM

I appreciate that. i'll check out your site.

Badgepack
08-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Partial,

You have only been in P'ville a couple weeks, right?

And you already singing, "fat bottom girls you make the rockin' world go 'round". :mrgreen:

Partial
08-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Partial,

You have only been in P'ville a couple weeks, right?

And you already singing, "fat bottom girls you make the rockin' world go 'round". :mrgreen:

Not there yet, move next week. I've been in the dorms for two years now, though.

woodbuck27
08-23-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm a Mystery writer. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
08-23-2006, 01:14 PM

Arrfff ! Arrfff !! :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
08-23-2006, 01:16 PM

COOL = Cool

mraynrand
08-23-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm an engineer. I design next generation high efficiency engines. I had a contract to build my engine, but the labor union's demands were absurd, so I closed my factory and moved it to a Valley in Colorado. I enclosed the valley with a cloak of invisibility from an emitter that I developed.

I also give 90 page speeches on metaphysics, epistemology, and ethics, broadcast over the radio.

jack's smirking revenge
08-23-2006, 04:35 PM
I'm an assassin. My specialty is hunting rats. Especially Packer Rats. I'm on a conquest to have the highest post count by eliminating all other posters. And I mean ELIMINATE.

I also make soap on the side from the fat of rich old ladies.

tyler

(Sorry guys, after the craziness I endured at JSO, I don't trust anyone in any forum enough to get real about what I do.)

justanotherpackfan
08-23-2006, 04:42 PM
I have a very boring job........

I'm a student. :mad:

Fosco33
08-23-2006, 10:23 PM

Seriously, that's pretty cool. Anything published? If so, PM me a title or two of your favorite - I've got plenty of time to read on planes.

Me, I'm a heathcare consultant - on the financial side of hospitals. Redesigning access points, insurance, billing, collections, etc with our software - so a mix of process engineering, finance and a little IT.

woodbuck27
08-24-2006, 08:11 AM
I'm an assassin. My specialty is hunting rats. Especially Packer Rats. I'm on a conquest to have the highest post count by eliminating all other posters. And I mean ELIMINATE.

I also make soap on the side from the fat of rich old ladies.

tyler

(Sorry guys, after the craziness I endured at JSO, I don't trust anyone in any forum enough to get real about what I do.)

Hahahahahahahahah...

:mrgreen: X 10

tyler... "the scary... Dude"

woodbuck27
08-24-2006, 08:14 AM

Seriously, that's pretty cool. Anything published? If so, PM me a title or two of your favorite - I've got plenty of time to read on planes.

Me, I'm a heathcare consultant - on the financial side of hospitals. Redesigning access points, insurance, billing, collections, etc with our software - so a mix of process engineering, finance and a little IT.

"Seriously, that's pretty cool. Anything published?" Fosco33

Pretty much... everyday Fosco33. :mrgreen:

the_idle_threat
08-24-2006, 01:19 PM
I'm a goat whisperer.

CaptainKickass
08-24-2006, 03:40 PM
A.) I'm currently employed as a tier2 technical support engineer for a major sofware company in the SEATTLE area. (Wink, wink - nudge nudge) (Company policy prohibits me from using their name on here while I'm at work.)

B.) To balance the geek quotient that the above requires I'm also an audio engineer (think recording studio) and I play guitar in a thrash metal band. Niether of which come remotely close to paying enough to survive, which is why point A.) is a part of my life.

Scott Campbell
08-24-2006, 07:01 PM
If you see Bill Gates, please kick him in the nuts for me.

digitaldean
08-24-2006, 08:10 PM
If you see Bill Gates, please kick him in the nuts for me.

Since I work on Macs for both my jobs...I'd like to give that a swing too.

Charles Woodson
08-24-2006, 08:58 PM
hmm, you all seem like your jobs are exciting...

Well i work as a freshman. And in summers i work for a real estate company.

Fosco33
08-24-2006, 09:01 PM

"Seriously, that's pretty cool. Anything published?" Fosco33

Pretty much... everyday Fosco33. :mrgreen:

I may be a little slow today or not catching the Canadian humor - so bear with me - do you mean you're really a writer (newspaper/books/mags) or that you post mysterious stuff here... if I miss it, call captain obvious for me. :lol:

mission
08-25-2006, 09:04 AM
i own a sports marketing firm that doesnt promotional advertising for sports teams and golf courses here in atlanta. it's a good gig.

it was rocking in milwaukee but the market here is a lot tougher from a consumer sales perspective. im thinking about walking away with the cash i have left, take a commission sales job at guitar center (for the gear discounts!) and this minimum wage engineering asst. at ben allen's maze studios and just enjoying life/music rather than trying to get rich. 80 hours a week drags on you after awhile.

i figure between my girl and i if we can pull in 80gs then things will be just fine. entrepreneurialism is kicking my ass right now. :neutral:

Bubba "hotdog&quot
08-25-2006, 09:11 AM
The Goat Whisperer cracked me up!! :lol:

I used to work for UPS for almost 10 yrs but now I stay at home with my 3 yr old twins and let me man work.

Iron Mike
07-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Here's a picture of me on t3h job that was inadvertently taken yesterday:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/MEO.jpg

LL2
07-13-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm a Customs Broker. I deal with US Customs & Border Protection. I help get all that "Made in China" stuff into the country.

retailguy
07-13-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm in the CIA. I was hired to watch Ted Thompson.

LL2
07-13-2007, 01:48 PM

You think like the CIA in disguising yourself from what you really are - someone that deals with another part of the government with an Uncle no one likes.

MJZiggy
07-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Hey OPF!!! The next step is to read the reply to your question... :P

oregonpackfan
07-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Hey OPF!!! The next step is to read the reply to your question... :P

Oops! Done, MJ!

Harlan Huckleby
07-13-2007, 09:13 PM
Guess I'll go next.

I'm in importing and exporting. Latex and latex products.

Bretsky
07-13-2007, 09:31 PM

You must be pretty dam bored with the speed he moves at

At least you know the college players well

Bretsky
07-13-2007, 09:31 PM
I'm a Customs Broker. I deal with US Customs & Border Protection. I help get all that "Made in China" stuff into the country.

Border protection ? So we get to blame you for the surplus of illegal people in our country :lol:

the_idle_threat
07-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Perhaps only the ones that come in shipping containers? :D

LL2
07-14-2007, 07:25 AM

Border protection ? So we get to blame you for the surplus of illegal people in our country :lol:

No, but maybe all those knock-off Nikes and Gucci purses you find at flea markets.

A few weeks ago a ring of people were busted for bringing in millions in imitation products (Nike, Disney, you name it) and a few of those people were Licensed Customs Brokers like myself. Real stupid people. To become a LCB first you pass a test of course that has around a 10% pass rate and can only take it twice a year and once you pass CBP fingerprints you, does a background check on you, etc, etc. Your pretty much in the gov't system for good. An intentional Error and Omission error with CBP can bring a $10,000 fine per occurance plus jail time, and they did hundreds of false entries of goods. These people were basically stupid fucks!

GrnBay007
07-14-2007, 08:19 AM
No, but maybe all those knock-off Nikes and Gucci purses you find at flea markets.

A few weeks ago a ring of people were busted for bringing in millions in imitation products (Nike, Disney, you name it) and a few of those people were Licensed Customs Brokers like myself. Real stupid people. To become a LCB first you pass a test of course that has around a 10% pass rate and can only take it twice a year and once you pass CBP fingerprints you, does a background check on you, etc, etc. Your pretty much in the gov't system for good. An intentional Error and Omission error with CBP can bring a $10,000 fine per occurance plus jail time, and they did hundreds of false entries of goods. These people were basically stupid fucks!

Interesting. What kind of a degree is required for that type of job? So do you work for the Feds? Or on a Federal contract of some sort.

BEARMAN
07-16-2007, 12:32 AM
I am midle agged, born and raised in Oregon, spent 10+ years in the Marines, am currently a K-9 Officer in Wa. St. I have been married for 19 years (this time), have 3 kids, 1 grandson, 4 Rotties and 2 working K-9's. I hunt, fish and my passion is extreem rockcrawling(4X4). My fave color is blue, fave food is pasta, fave person is Gen Puller. I like rock-n-roll (loud), beer (cold), and large breasted women. I go to mud bogs, tractor pulls and monster truck shows. I love this country, I don't trust my government. I salute our flag, and say please and thank you. Oh, and the most important thing of all.... I love the Chicago BEARS !

Iron Mike
07-16-2007, 07:14 AM
I am midle agged, born and raised in Oregon, spent 10+ years in the Marines, am currently a K-9 Officer in Wa. St. I have been married for 19 years (this time), have 3 kids, 1 grandson, 4 Rotties and 2 working K-9's. I hunt, fish and my passion is extreem rockcrawling(4X4). My fave color is blue, fave food is pasta, fave person is Gen Puller. I like rock-n-roll (loud), beer (cold), and large breasted women. I go to mud bogs, tractor pulls and monster truck shows. I love this country, I don't trust my government. I salute our flag, and say please and thank you. Oh, and the most important thing of all.... I love the Chicago BEARS !

Holy crap! How many bags of dog food do you buy a week??

Harlan Huckleby
07-16-2007, 07:29 AM
I am middle aged ... 1 grandson

You can drop the "middle" part now, grandpa.

I like rock-n-roll (loud), beer (cold), and large breasted women.

Courtney Love could be your dream girl, she's got it all.

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040318/040318_courtney_vlarge9a.widec.jpg

BEARMAN
07-16-2007, 08:39 AM
I feed 2 fourty lbs. bags of dog food a week.
47 is middle aged, isn't it ? and he calls me PaPa.
Anna nacole WAS my dream girl.

LL2
07-16-2007, 09:05 AM

Interesting. What kind of a degree is required for that type of job? So do you work for the Feds? Or on a Federal contract of some sort.

I don't work for the feds. I work for freight companies that move freight by rail, ocean, and air. You can get a job working for CBP, but for me that doesn't pay enough. You can go to school and study supply chain management or international trade, but the best schooling for this is learning on the job. That's the route I took. I never planned on doing this for a living, but more or less fell into it and it's done well for me.

LL2
07-16-2007, 09:10 AM
I like rock-n-roll (loud), beer (cold), and large breasted women.

I'm not much for Bear fan trolls but this make you alright.

BEARMAN
07-16-2007, 09:18 PM
[/quote]I'm not much for Bear fan trolls but this make you alright.[/quote]

Stooooop ! Your giving me that warm an fuzzy feeling. :shock:

Jerry Tagge
07-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Guess I'll go next.

I'm in importing and exporting. Latex and latex products.
Do you work for Vandelay Industries? Are you thinking of focusing more on the exporting and less on the importing?