PDA

View Full Version : Lions Sign Reggie Bush

pbmax
03-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Kareem Copeland ‏@kareemcopeland
RT @ttwentyman: Lions and Reggie Bush have agreed to terms on a 4-year contract. Press conference set for 1:45.

14 mins Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
As @espn_nfcnblog is reporting and has been confirmed, Lions and Reggie Bush have reached agreement on 4-year deal.

denverYooper
03-13-2013, 12:40 PM
The Lions have money?

Bossman641
03-13-2013, 01:10 PM
The Lions have money?

Restructured Suh apparently

Tony Oday
03-13-2013, 01:11 PM
Uh oh an undersized over hyped rb in DET...wait nothing new there.

smuggler
03-13-2013, 02:03 PM
He was injured a lot when he played on turf in NO. I kind of expect him to get hurt again.

woodbuck27
03-13-2013, 02:07 PM

OK ...I was just wondering where they found the dough to sign him.

Mazzin
03-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Realize most people on this board, are going to say he is "injury prone" and small. I don't know what kind of money he got, but I for one would certainly love him in G&G

LEWCWA
03-13-2013, 03:35 PM
This guy is a perenial tease....not worth the money. Teams keep trying with little success.....good for the Lions!

Fritz
03-13-2013, 03:44 PM
OK ...I was just wondering where they found the dough to sign him.

Apparently they also signed the safety from Houston. And a defensive end.

Restructuring Suh, huh? Must have been a big restructure, as they were only about half a mill under.

BAHAHA! Sal cap purgatory for years and years!

Brandon494
03-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Reggie Bush put up pretty good numbers with the Fins without a QB, if you don't think he's an improvement to the Lions you are either kidding yourself or just don't know football.

MadtownPacker
03-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Bush would have killed it in GB. All those coverage sacks ARod takes? Dump offs to Bush.
Sadly in Detroit he will be too worried about dropping the soap around the dirty suh. :lol:

Fritz
03-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Okay, okay. They can be the paper champions of the offseason.

Zool
03-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Reggie Bush put up pretty good numbers with the Fins without a QB, if you don't think he's an improvement to the Lions you are either kidding yourself or just don't know football.

What was the excuse in NO?

woodbuck27
03-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Okay, okay. They can be the paper champions of the offseason.

Not if we win the Stephen Jackson sweepstakes.

Suddenly maybe the Pats come into play for Stephen Jackson's talent!? Tom Brady is very outraged at the Pat's failing to secure a huge part of the pat's offense in that past. We were told that a big part of his contract extension / restructure was focused on the Pat's resigning Wes Welker.

Tom Brady may kick up a fuss. He may demand some star power to replace his buddy and former New England 'Rock Star'.

Don't be shocked if Steven Jackson ends up with 'the Pats' inspite of their already solid RB position. That was somewhat of a rumour before the Pats saw Wes Welker depart New England for Denver. Nice coop for the Broncos.

You don't put yourself in position to win a Super Bowl by being too conservative. You have to mix it up.

In any case....it's looking like the Pat's will go after WR Danny Amendola. He's described as 'a sort of a' type Wes Welker. I'm wondering what was wrong with 'the real' type Wes Welker.

Brandon494
03-13-2013, 06:09 PM
What was the excuse in NO?

You mean the year he caught 88 passes? or the year he caught 73 passes? :-)

NO is a passing team who used RB by committee when Bush was there. Obviously he had injury problems there but the past two seasons with the Fins he was able to handle the load without much of a problem.

Cheesehead Craig
03-13-2013, 06:25 PM
I for one am not looking forward to him returning kicks against us twice a year.

woodbuck27
03-13-2013, 06:46 PM
I for one am not looking forward to him returning kicks against us twice a year.

Yup. Reggie Bush in Detroit isn't exactly great news for Packer fans.

Guiness
03-13-2013, 06:59 PM

Suh's contract was an 'old style' top of the draft rookie contract - the type that made Jake Long the highest paid OL ever, before taking a snap in the NFL. His cap number was $17.2M, so if they got him to the table, I'm sure that number could come way down. Is there another DT in the league making that? Is there another DT in the league making even half of that? The franchise tag number for a DT is $8.45M.

Bretsky
03-13-2013, 07:46 PM
Great fit for the Lions and worth that money IMO