PDA

View Full Version : Jennings visits Vikings

3irty1
03-14-2013, 06:16 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/14/greg-jennings-visiting-the-vikings/

please comment in the form:

I would rather ______ than see Jennings go to the Vikings.

I'll start.

"saw off my nads with a kite string."

Zool
03-14-2013, 09:05 AM
"take a belt sander to my dick then stick my bleeding dick in a vat of salt"

Tony Oday
03-14-2013, 09:25 AM
Dont care, over 30 WR that will eat up $9 million or so of their cap and still has Ponder throwing to him.

woodbuck27
03-14-2013, 10:06 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/14/greg-jennings-visiting-the-vikings/

please comment in the form:

I would rather ______ than see Jennings go to the Vikings.

I'll start.

"saw off my nads with a kite string."

Excuse me. Please clarify your post.

What are nads?

KYPack
03-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Have Michael J Fox shave my pubic hair with a weedwacker?

Cheesehead Craig
03-14-2013, 10:21 AM
"I'd rather have sex with Scarlett Johannson than have Jennings sign with the Vikings."

Wait, I think Jennings is going to sign with the Vikes (3 yr/30M deal), so does that mean I get to have sex with Scarlett then?

Tony Oday
03-14-2013, 10:22 AM
Just heard it sounds like he wants $11 Million a year...wow.

woodbuck27
03-14-2013, 10:30 AM
"I'd rather have sex with Scarlett Johannson than have Jennings sign with the Vikings."

Wait, I think Jennings is going to sign with the Vikes (3 yr/30M deal), so does that mean I get to have sex with Scarlett then?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCW2Ezn03Og_ogWPU3l4u6kNZLx3YkX w9z7Sf1H2q1XduS9eb-

Greg Jennings to the Vikings !!

or NOT !!!!

In order for the Vikings to pay such an exorbitant amount of money to Greg Jennings. They would have to have money layed aside for Viking GM Rick Spielman's lobotomy.

Translation: Sorry... but no sex with Scarlett for you Cheesehead Craig.

And....if Rick Spielman loses his mind and does pay all that $dough$ for an aging WR (Greg Jennings). Before sex with Scarlett you'll have to pass a rigid medical.

denverYooper
03-14-2013, 10:36 AM
Is that the party boat that Minny got in trouble on a few years back?

pittstang5
03-14-2013, 10:51 AM
Have Michael J Fox shave my pubic hair with a weedwacker?

Damn, that's too funny!

Brando19
03-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Paper cut my eye balls then jump in a tank of alcohol with my eyes open.

Scott Campbell
03-14-2013, 11:16 AM
Excuse me. Please clarify your post.

What are nads?

They're those impotent little balls of yours that never used to dangle in the toilet water when you sat down to pee.

woodbuck27
03-14-2013, 11:47 AM
They're those impotent little balls of yours that never used to dangle in the toilet water when you sat down to pee.

A Scott Campbell :flm: deserves a woodbuck27 response:

Hey 'plowboy' please be fair. I don't have the advantage of visiting an outhouse.

woodbuck27
03-14-2013, 11:57 AM
I believe I posted this possible landing for Greg Jennings and one that makes better sense in terms of who he tells us he is and his desires ie winning and working with/playing with a steller QB.

The NE Patriots might have some more work to do to make Tom Brady happy after he watched his buddy Wes Welker stomp away to Denver.

Isn't Greg Jennings a better fit in New England?

My Reference:

http://www.overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space.php?Year=2013

Looking at the available CAP space for the Pats and the Vikings they both have the space to make Jennings a happy camper. By my information and check this please. The Pats are $24.5 million$ under the CAP Vs the Vikings $23.3 million$

PACKERS !

Freak Out
03-14-2013, 12:01 PM

It's alive!

King Friday
03-14-2013, 12:02 PM
This is simply posturing by Jennings. The guy's phone hasn't rung in almost 2 days. Even though he doesn't want any part of the Vikings, he HAS to go and make it look like there is some interest.

After Welker's deal, Jennings ain't getting eight figures. The fact he is asking for $11M/year from the Vikings is a sign of how much Jennings does NOT want to go there. No one is paying Jennings more than $9M/year at this point. Green Bay probably won't go over $8M.

Jennings took a gamble that he could hit a big deal this offseason...but it just didn't happen. It makes more sense for him now from a future earnings standpoint to remain a Packer, where he could potentially cash in as a player emeritus after his retirement. Several guys from this current group will go on to get involved in the media aspect of covering the Packers...Jennings would certainly be a strong candidate in that regard. Making $75K a year after retirement with that kind of gig can go a long way to making up for the few million you miss (which are more like a few hundred K after taxes/agents) by not jumping at the absolute highest $$$ deal you can get.

King Friday
03-14-2013, 12:05 PM
The NE Patriots might have some more work to do to make Tom Brady happy after he watched his buddy Wes Welker stomp away to Denver.

Isn't Greg Jennings a better fit in New England?

No. The Pats already signed that Amendola guy from the Rams for $6M/year. They needed a true slot guy...Jennings isn't really that kind of receiver.

MadtownPacker
So when does Jennings sista make a tweet calling every GM in the NFL a moron for not signing her bro?

woodbuck27
This is simply posturing by Jennings. The guy's phone hasn't rung in almost 2 days. Even though he doesn't want any part of the Vikings, he HAS to go and make it look like there is some interest.

After Welker's deal, Jennings ain't getting eight figures. The fact he is asking for $11M/year from the Vikings is a sign of how much Jennings does NOT want to go there. No one is paying Jennings more than $9M/year at this point. Green Bay probably won't go over $8M.

Jennings took a gamble that he could hit a big deal this offseason...but it just didn't happen. It makes more sense for him now from a future earnings standpoint to remain a Packer, where he could potentially cash in as a player emeritus after his retirement. Several guys from this current group will go on to get involved in the media aspect of covering the Packers...Jennings would certainly be a strong candidate in that regard. Making $75K a year after retirement with that kind of gig can go a long way to making up for the few million you miss (which are more like a few hundred K after taxes/agents) by not jumping at the absolute highest $$$ deal you can get.

A solid analysis and overall perspective.

denverYooper
03-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Jennings continues his cryptic tweet stream:

@GregJennings:

Well, gotta run guys! Talk to you soon...

woodbuck27
03-14-2013, 12:12 PM
Jennings continues his cryptic tweet stream:

@GregJennings:

His agent has got to get Greg Jennings away from that cell phone and his facebook account.

Otherwise it's going to $$$cost$$$ him.

Bossman641
03-14-2013, 12:55 PM

Wow, what a way to return

woodbuck27
03-14-2013, 02:35 PM
Comment woodbuck27:

I'll put this LINK here:

Sorry...It fails to live up to this threads standard of discussion related to parts of the male anatomy.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/14/4103094/greg-jennings-nfl-free-agency-rumors-minnesota-vikings

Greg Jennings rumors: Wide receiver reportedly meeting with Vikings.

By Griffin Gotta ... Mar 14 2013, 9:20 AM

" The Vikings could possibly woo Jennings with a bigger offer and increased role in the offense. On the other hand, the Vikings don't have quarterback Aaron Rodgers and wide receivers Jordy Nelson, James Jones and Randall Cobb sharing the load.

The potential situation he'll join next season should play a factor for Jennings and, as Pete Dougherty of the Green Bay Press-Gazette reported Wednesday, contracts inked by other receivers like Wes Welker and Danny Amendola, along with the notion that there hasn't been a ton of reported interest in Jennings thus far, suggests he may have to come down from his initial contract wishes. Whether this could benefit his former team or the one he's set to visit today is unclear, but it adds another wrinkle to an already-fierce rivalry." Fr. LINK

woodbuck27
03-14-2013, 02:42 PM
So when does Jennings sista make a tweet calling every GM in the NFL a moron for not signing her bro?

Sista has to stay on the QT.

Sista is hoping for a brand new sports car from brutha.

run pMc
03-14-2013, 03:20 PM
Whether this could benefit his former team or the one he's set to visit today is unclear, but it adds another wrinkle to an already-fierce rivalry

The KFAN morning show held the belief that GB had no real interest in bringing Jennings back but just wanted to drive up the price and cap space the Vikings. Personally I doubt that. I think GB would take Jennings back if the numbers worked for them. Would Jennings sign a 1 year deal and try free agency again next year?

IIRC Jones is a FA next year, so I still think TT will look to draft a WR in April.

FWIW, the Welker deal really surprised me, I think he can outperform that contract. Manning has to be thrilled to get a new weapon, nevermind he's stealing Brady's security blanket.

woodbuck27
03-14-2013, 03:52 PM
The KFAN morning show held the belief that GB had no real interest in bringing Jennings back but just wanted to drive up the price and cap space the Vikings. Personally I doubt that. I think GB would take Jennings back if the numbers worked for them. Would Jennings sign a 1 year deal and try free agency again next year?

IIRC Jones is a FA next year, so I still think TT will look to draft a WR in April.

FWIW, the Welker deal really surprised me, I think he can outperform that contract. Manning has to be thrilled to get a new weapon, nevermind he's stealing Brady's security blanket.

"The KFAN morning show held the belief that GB had no real interest in bringing Jennings back but just wanted to drive up the price and cap space the Vikings." run pMc

You doubt that's true and I call it clear bullshit.

Kiwon
03-14-2013, 05:30 PM
AP was upset over Harvin's departure and signing GJ still won't replace a healthy Harvin.

One difficulty, I think, in judging the 2nd tier receivers like Jennings or Welker, is judging how much credit for their success goes to the MVP quarterback throwing them the ball. Christian Ponder 'aint no Favre, Rodgers, or Brady.

Would anyone, even the ones who wear horns on their heads, expect GJ to put up BIGGER numbers with Ponder?

Guiness
03-14-2013, 06:00 PM
AP was upset over Harvin's departure and signing GJ still won't replace a healthy Harvin.

One difficulty, I think, in judging the 2nd tier receivers like Jennings or Welker, is judging how much credit for their success goes to the MVP quarterback throwing them the ball. Christian Ponder 'aint no Favre, Rodgers, or Brady.

Would anyone, even the ones who wear horns on their heads, expect GJ to put up BIGGER numbers with Ponder?

I'm surprised by the lack of interest Jennings seems to have attracted. I wonder if your point is part of the reason - a perception that he was the beneficiary of only having caught passes from MVP QBs?

red
03-14-2013, 06:05 PM
i just read that jennings was asking for 11 when the market opened, but now he might only get 7 maybe 8 a year

if green bay really offered 10 and he rejected it, then pride and ego might not let him return to packers for the current rate

Joemailman
03-14-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm surprised by the lack of interest Jennings seems to have attracted. I wonder if your point is part of the reason - a perception that he was the beneficiary of only having caught passes from MVP QBs?

I suspect it has more to do with the fact he'll turn 30 this year and has missed 11 games over the past 2 seasons. The age wouldn't be a factor if he'd been healthy. However, the combination of age and injuries might be making teams hesitant to make him a big offer.

red
03-14-2013, 06:08 PM

you know, i've been kinda thinking the same thing

jones found no love last year, jennings this year

maybe teams do think these guys are only as good as a-rod makes them

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-14-2013, 06:12 PM
When I found out that we offered him 10 mil/year and he rejected it thats when I soured on Jennings. I could care less if we signed him now and this is coming from one of his biggest supporters. The guy obviously doesn’t want to play for us so why would we want him? If he loved being in Green bay he would even take a little LESS money to play for us, not rejected a contract ABOVE market value. Something has changed in this guy. When watching his interviews this year I saw a different Jennings then in years past.

I hope we don't spend big money on a soon to be 30 year old wr who doesn’t even really want to play for us. Time to move on and give Matthews and Rodgers new contracts.

MJZiggy
03-14-2013, 06:49 PM
And we have liftoff!! So are you back or just popping in to deliver a blow (so to speak)?

Joemailman
03-14-2013, 06:52 PM
When I found out that we offered him 10 mil/year and he rejected it thats when I soured on Jennings. I could care less if we signed him now and this is coming from one of his biggest supporters. The guy obviously doesn’t want to play for us so why would we want him? If he loved being in Green bay he would even take a little LESS money to play for us, not rejected a contract ABOVE market value. Something has changed in this guy. When watching his interviews this year I saw a different Jennings then in years past.

I hope we don't spend big money on a soon to be 30 year old wr who doesn’t even really want to play for us. Time to move on and give Matthews and Rodgers new contracts.

I pretty much agree here. If the Packers sign Jennings to a long term contract, at least one of the other Packer WR's are probably going to want to leave when their contracts expire to have a better chance at starting somewhere else. Jones' contract expires after the 2013 season, and Nelson and Cobb expire after 2014. At this point, I'd probably rather keep those guys over a Jennings who may continue to be injury prone. The money that would be spent on Jennings is probably better spent elsewhere, and TT has certainly shown he knows how to draft WR's.

pbmax
03-14-2013, 07:06 PM

So it just took a little softball to entice you back. :)

pbmax
03-14-2013, 07:09 PM

That's a good question about Welker. Patriots fans were in an uproar (if I can believe what I read) last year and this over his treatment and anticipated exit. But Belicheck really seemed to be done with him last year. Injuries increased his role after a slow start and last year looked alot like previous years.

But Bill seems to think he is done. Or close to it.

pbmax
03-14-2013, 07:12 PM

Possibly as the only competent WR they would have. Harvin had good numbers over his healthy 9 game stretch. Someone has to be the target.

As for Jennings coming back, I don't begrudge a player betting on himself and winning like Flacco. I can't dislike Jennings for betting on himself and losing. We now know why he tried to play through the sports hernia.:)

Lesson 124 about the difference between team goals and individual player goals.

pittstang5
03-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Jennings will be a Viking. I just know it.

Brando19
03-14-2013, 09:27 PM

Yup...that's the feeling I have as well. Oh well...maybe Tavon Austin falls in our lap....or Stedman Bailey in round two.

pittstang5
03-15-2013, 06:29 AM
Yup...that's the feeling I have as well. Oh well...maybe Tavon Austin falls in our lap....or Stedman Bailey in round two.

Tavon Austin would be huge! I'd have no problem with taking Tavon, even with the first round pick. I'm probably the only one to think this.

However, I think this team as other needs, even if they lose Jennings to the Vikings. But if all the good Defensive players are gone when the Packers are up in April and Tavon is there - take him.

KYPack
03-15-2013, 09:05 AM

Scott, you old bigamist, mormon, pervert!

Good to see ya, sort of.

Tony Oday
03-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Two day visit for Jennings...I think he is gone for $11 Million a year.

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 10:40 AM

Thats what I'm expecting to read and/or hear sometime soon on NFL Access.

I've been making several observations of Greg Jennings over this past year that tell me he's not commited to the Green Bay Packers. This rumor of him being offered $10 million$ by the Packers. I would advise holding that as true, with not one, rather a few grains of salt. I believe that's simply spin.

Why?

If Ted Thompson offered Greg Jennings 'and his attitude', $10 million$ for however long and came in under Atlanta's $4 million guranteed 3 year $12 million$ contract to Steven Jackson. Those two moves 'no moves' by Ted Thompson would reflect poorly on him.

Surely .....Ted Thompson isn't that dumb.

What I'm telling you here is that if true. A $10 million$ offer to Greg Jennings would have handcuffed Ted Thompson's 'best efforts' to acquire a real value in our backfield. Steven Jackson is power RB that can receive and block and all of that can be spelled 'relief' for Aaron Rodgers.

Soon we may know 'the rest of that story'.

Pugger
03-15-2013, 11:17 AM

Link? I heard we offered him something but I didn't think it was for $10M. Frankly I'm surprised Jennings still hasn't signed with MN yet today so we may still be in the negotiations.

Spaulding
03-15-2013, 11:18 AM

I've been making several observations of Greg Jennings over this past year that tell me he's not commited to the Green Bay Packers. This rumor of him being offered $10 million$ by the Packers. I would advise holding that as true, with not one, rather a few grains of salt. I believe that's simply spin.

Why?

If Ted Thompson offered Greg Jennings 'and his attitude', $10 million$ for however long and came in under Atlanta's $4 million guranteed 3 year $12 million$ contract to Steven Jackson. Those two moves 'no moves' by Ted Thompson would reflect poorly on him.

What I'm telling you here is that if true. A $10 million$ offer to Greg Jennings would have handcuffed Ted Thompson's 'best efforts' to acquire a real value in our backfield. Steven Jackson is power RB that can receive and block and all of that can be spelled 'relief' for Aaron Rodgers.

I've reread your post three times and am still not entirely clear what you're trying to say. Also would love to know where the $10mil/year offer from TT to GJ was reported as I find it hard to believe. Was not a younger/healthier Jennings signed most recently for 3yd/$27mil? I seriously doubt Jennings gets anything more than that and would expect it to be more around $7-$8mil on average a year with the last year or two not even guaranteed.

No way to prove but as a betting man I'm guessing TT would have offered (if that even holds true) Jennings at most $7mil/year when he only paid Jones and Nelson $4mil/year. Just too much depth and age/injury factors to offer Jennings any more when he also needs to extend our two elite players.

Pugger
03-15-2013, 11:18 AM
Possibly as the only competent WR they would have. Harvin had good numbers over his healthy 9 game stretch. Someone has to be the target.

As for Jennings coming back, I don't begrudge a player betting on himself and winning like Flacco. I can't dislike Jennings for betting on himself and losing. We now know why he tried to play through the sports hernia.:)

Lesson 124 about the difference between team goals and individual player goals.

I don't think Harvin is as good a route runner like Jennings is.

pittstang5
03-15-2013, 11:22 AM

Why?

I think that $10 mil a year for Jennings rumor holds about as much water as the S. Jackson wants to play for Green Bay rumor - sieve like. This happens every year. We hear some whisper about a big name FA looking at Green Bay. Since the Packers are hardly ever in the FA news, one whisper of anything is like gold to us. Myself, as well as many other fans have fallen into this Free Agent frenzy.

Joemailman
03-15-2013, 11:30 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/lack-of-early-deal-could-send-jennings-back-to-packers-offer/

According to Jason Wilde of ESPNWisconsin, there’s a growing feeling Jennings could still return. He reports that the Packers offered a deal worth in the neighborhood of $10 million a year, and that there had been discussions between his agent and the team recently about a return.

Spaulding
03-15-2013, 11:48 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/lack-of-early-deal-could-send-jennings-back-to-packers-offer/

Joe, thanks for the source. Now I know who to look to (Jason Wilde) should I ever need a quick fix.

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 11:50 AM
I've reread your post three times and am still not entirely clear what you're trying to say. Also would love to know where the $10mil/year offer from TT to GJ was reported as I find it hard to believe. Was not a younger/healthier Jennings signed most recently for 3yd/$27mil? I seriously doubt Jennings gets anything more than that and would expect it to be more around $7-$8mil on average a year with the last year or two not even guaranteed.

No way to prove but as a betting man I'm guessing TT would have offered (if that even holds true) Jennings at most $7mil/year when he only paid Jones and Nelson $4mil/year. Just too much depth and age/injury factors to offer Jennings any more when he also needs to extend our two elite players.

OK I'll try it this way:

There's evidence that Greg Jennings is a disgruntled Packer. A serious effort to re-sign him has to be questioned, especially at $10 million$ /year.

If Ted Thompson offered Greg Jennings 'and his attitude', $10 million$ for however long and came in under Atlanta's $4 million guranteed 3 year $12 million$ contract to Steven Jackson. Those two moves, 'no moves' by Ted Thompson, would reflect poorly on him.

With all respect to the posters here that believe that Ted Thompson is a truly gifted mind as our GM.

By making a $10 million$ offer to Greg Jennings and 'that being a fact'. Ted Thompson would IMO have made an error; handcuffing himself with respect to making any serious effort to acquire Steven Jackson.

I don't believe that Ted Thompson made such a high offer to Greg Jennings. Ted Thompson isn't that dumb.

I suspect or I'm guessing that it's more probable, that the source of that $10million$ offer to Greg Jennings, came from the Greg Jennings camp. That large $10 million$ offer is simply spin. Greg Jennings will not receive $10 million$ from Ted Thompson.

GO PACKERS !

Spaulding
03-15-2013, 11:54 AM
OK I'll try it this way:

There's evidence that Greg Jennings is a disgruntled Packer. A serious effort to re-sign him has to be questioned, especially at $10 million$ /year.

If Ted Thompson offered Greg Jennings 'and his attitude', $10 million$ for however long and came in under Atlanta's $4 million guranteed 3 year $12 million$ contract to Steven Jackson. Those two moves, 'no moves' by Ted Thompson, would reflect poorly on him.

With all respect to the posters here that believe that Ted Thompson is a truly gifted mind as our GM.

By making a $10 million$ offer to Greg Jennings and that being 'a fact'. Ted Thompson would IMO have errored and handcuffed himself with respect to making any serious effort to acquire Steven Jackson. I don't believe that Ted Thompson made such a high offer to Greg Jennings. Ted Thompson isn't that dumb.

A) It's not fact, it's on profootball talk which is on par with the National Enquirer
B) We never needed Steven Jackson. Our offense is geared for the pass to setup the run and thus it would have been a nice bonus to have him but money could likely be spent more wisely on extensions to Rodgers/Matthews and/or upgrading the defense with a FA signing.
C) Although TT's approach is boring to the point of watching paint dry, he gets a continued pass for quiet some time having fielded a super bowl champion and consistently competitive team

pbmax
03-15-2013, 12:30 PM
John Clayton just Tweeted that Jennings visit is going well but the Packers still have a chance to sign him. Which is 140 character NFL reporter speak for "I have no idea what is happening except no one has stormed out of the hotel mad."

pbmax
03-15-2013, 12:31 PM
Wilde's report of $10 mil per year seems solid as he says its from a source he trusts 1000%, which would suggest a team source rather than agent. But he is unclear on the timing. It could be the Packers last, best offer before he got hurt during the season with the hernia. After that, esp after surgery, everyone knew the market would drop.

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 01:13 PM

If that's true. If Greg Jennings actually received an offer close to $10 million$ from Ted Thompson. The proof of that will be his return to the Packers locker room for this upcoming season with a $10 million$/ year contract with gurantees.

I question the reality of such an offer or in terms of such 'the TRUTH' of this report.

If such an offer was made to Greg Jennings. Then Ted Thompson would be advised to dramaticaly adjust it downwards to protect his reputation as a smart GM. We will not ever read that Greg Jennings was retained by the Green Bay Packers for $10 million$ per season.

This mess IMO makes the matter of Brett Favre's end as a Green Bay Packer pale in comparison.

It has to be ..... bye bye Greg Jennings.

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Wilde's report of $10 mil per year seems solid as he says its from a source he trusts 1000%, which would suggest a team source rather than agent. But he is unclear on the timing. It could be the Packers last, best offer before he got hurt during the season with the hernia. After that, esp after surgery, everyone knew the market would drop.

After all we know now and Greg Jennings.

I'll be shocked if any $10 million$ offer is still on the table awaiting Greg Jennings final approval.

GO PACK GO!

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 01:55 PM
http://tireball.com/nfl/2013/03/14/vikings-trying-hard-to-land-greg-jennings/

Vikings trying hard to land Greg Jennings.

Posted by John Boarman on March 14, 2013 at 9:04 pm

If it's not the Vikings then it apears to me that he has closed the door to returning to the Green Bay Packers.

Accepting the fact of a $10 million$ offer as being made to Greg Jennings sometime. His rejection of such a generous offer and follow-up decision to 'roll the dice' in FA.

Has cemented his fate as a possible future Green Bay Packer and far less money than $10 million$ per year.

I say 'good luck' Greg Jennings with a career continuing elsewhere.

MadScientist
03-15-2013, 01:59 PM
After all we know now and Greg Jennings.

I'll be shocked if any $10 million$ offer is still on the table awaiting Greg Jennings final approval.

GO PACK GO!
It might still be, depending on the actual numbers. $10M reported is almost never a true $10M. Think about this contract:
$10M bonus
$1M base - fully guaranteed
$4M base - fully guaranteed
$6M base - guaranteed for injury only
$13M base
$16M base

That's $10M per year, but realistically a 3 year $21M deal which is more realistic for Jennings and could still allow the Packers to keep the rest of the key pending FA's

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 02:13 PM
It might still be, depending on the actual numbers. $10M reported is almost never a true $10M. Think about this contract:
$10M bonus
$1M base - fully guaranteed
$4M base - fully guaranteed
$6M base - guaranteed for injury only
$13M base
$16M base

That's $10M per year, but realistically a 3 year $21M deal which is more realistic for Jennings and could still allow the Packers to keep the rest of the key pending FA's

Sorry but looking at your numbers I'm not clear on how they shape up to a 3 year - $21 million$ contract.

Unless it's here:

$10M bonus to re-sign or fully guranteed 'up front $'.

AND:

Year 1 - $1M base - fully guaranteed
Year 2 - $4M base - fully guaranteed
Year 3 - $6M base - guaranteed for injury only

Added up becomes a total package of $21 million$.

Please explain these figures:

$13M base
$16M base

Thanks.

red
03-15-2013, 02:53 PM
those would be the numbers for year 4 and 5

the player would be cut before he recieves that money

so even though the agen would say its a 5 year 50 million dollar deal, in reality, it would be a three year 21 million dollar deal

player could/would be cut before year 4 and the theam would have a 4 million dollar cap hit in year 4

even though it would be called a 10 million per yer contract, the actual cap numbers would be

2013- 3 million
2014- 6 million
2015- 8 million
2016- player cut. 4 million dollar cap hit (remaining signing bonus money)
2017- 0

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 03:11 PM

so even though the agen would say its a 5 year 50 million dollar deal, in reality, it would be a three year 21 million dollar deal

player could/would be cut before year 4 and the theam would have a 4 million dollar cap hit in year 4

even though it would be called a 10 million per yer contract, the actual cap numbers would be

2013- 3 million
2014- 6 million
2015- 8 million
2017- 0

OK .... Thanks red.

KYPack
03-15-2013, 03:16 PM

2013- 3 million
2014- 6 million
2015- 8 million
2017- 0

Right Red.

They used to do those phony-ass 5 year deals. Everybody knows the back end of those deals are phony, nobody gets paid in the last years. The agents only get commission on the hard dollar aspects if those deals. A vet like Jennings would fire his agent if he brought him a cash poor deal like that one.

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Many posters here are not Bleacher Report fans and this is a hoot:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1567815-greg-jennings-meeting-with-vikings-will-force-packers-hand

" Greg Jennings is visiting the Minnesota Vikings as his time as a free agent continues, and that should force the Green Bay Packers to pay whatever it takes to keep the star wide receiver on the team. "

Comment woodbuck27:

a) RE: Green Bay Packers becoming Minnesota Vikings. This is Greg Jennings NOT Brett Favre.

b) Greg Jennings was a star WR on the Green Bay Packers team in 2010. He hasn't been that Greg Jennings since.

Teamcheez1
03-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Word on the street is that the MN staff wants to head home for the day, but Jennings is hiding from them in the Metrodome, and won't come out until they pay him $11M.

red
03-15-2013, 04:41 PM
LOL

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Word on the street is that the MN staff wants to head home for the day, but Jennings is hiding from them in the Metrodome, and won't come out until they pay him $11M.

To check that out, or verify that. Simply try his Facebook and/or Twitter accounts. Greg Jennings likes to be visable. Hiding out for him, would be strange behaviour.

If that's true?? Should we be concerned?

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 05:21 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1569092-greg-jennings-breaking-down-better-fit-for-wr-between-packers-and-vikings

For what it's worth or not:

Greg Jennings: Breaking Down Better Fit for WR Between Packers and Vikings.

By Michael Moraitis (Featured Columnist) on March 15, 2013

pbmax
03-15-2013, 05:47 PM
Its the longest dinner ever. The guest who won't leave.

Longer than a Favre answer at a press conference.

red
03-15-2013, 05:50 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1569092-greg-jennings-breaking-down-better-fit-for-wr-between-packers-and-vikings

For what it's worth or not:

Greg Jennings: Breaking Down Better Fit for WR Between Packers and Vikings.

By Michael Moraitis (Featured Columnist) on March 15, 2013

jennings said before free agency that the QB would play a huge part in where he goes. if he was telling the truth, then its a no brainer that he resigns with GB

woodbuck27
03-15-2013, 06:07 PM
jennings said before free agency that the QB would play a huge part in where he goes. if he was telling the truth, then its a no brainer that he resigns with GB

For sure but.....

Maybe the foods better 'out' in Minnesota??

pittstang5
03-15-2013, 06:21 PM
For sure but.....

Maybe the foods better 'out' in Minnesota??

Yeah, I bet Jennings is tired of Applebee's.

Jimx29
03-15-2013, 06:23 PM
Adam Schefter tweeted he is now a Viking

Tony Oday
03-15-2013, 06:23 PM
He signed with the Vikes.

pittstang5
03-15-2013, 06:25 PM
Knew it. Sorry, but what a fucking sellout!

MadtownPacker
03-15-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm not very surprised or concerned. Reality is Favre and Rodgers made him look great and we will see that real soon. But I don't hold it against him if he went for the moneybag.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-15-2013, 07:18 PM
I'm not very surprised or concerned. Reality is Favre and Rodgers made him look great and we will see that real soon. But I don't hold it against him if he went for the moneybag.

Just saw on packersnews.com that they confirmed the packers offered him 10 mil/year last year. He is not getting more than that from the Vikings. Like I have been saying all along he didn't want to play for us anymore.

MadtownPacker
03-15-2013, 07:29 PM
That was last year. He thought he was worth more based on his attitude last season. He was wrong and TT must have told him to take less or fuck off. Can't say I disagree with that.

JohnMexico
03-15-2013, 07:33 PM
He just wanted out of GB. It really wasn't that much over money and it SURELY wasnt about the quality of QB.

I hope that he'll adjust without Favre or Rodgers to spoonfeed him. Actually, no I don't. It is possible that he was a malcontent during the last season, and his sister's tweets really did have legitimacy. That certainly doesn't bode well for the bulls and Derrick Rose. Athletes talk to their siblings and express their feelings.

He also had the nerve to say that GB "didn't show him love."

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-15-2013, 07:47 PM
He just wanted out of GB. It really wasn't that much over money and it SURELY wasnt about the quality of QB.

I hope that he'll adjust without Favre or Rodgers to spoonfeed him. Actually, no I don't. It is possible that he was a malcontent during the last season, and his sister's tweets really did have legitimacy. That certainly doesn't bode well for the bulls and Derrick Rose. Athletes talk to their siblings and express their feelings.

THIS

pbmax
03-16-2013, 12:56 PM

Spoonfeed him? You need to put down the kool-aid. That catch for a Super Bowl TD in the endzone was indicative not just of a QB who can put the ball where he wants to, but a WR who would have sacrificed his health to get the ball. I still can't believe Polamalu didn't take his head off. And where did he say "didn't show him love"? I did not see this quote.

Why must this signing be taken as proof of a moral and ethical failing? Can't he simply have wanted more money to play football? Fans are idiots about this stuff.

I do think, based on quotes at the press conference last night, that he felt Cobb's presence. Whether it was apparent in negotiations (or he believed they affected them) or in play calling/positioning on the field, I think he will enjoy being featured.

woodbuck27
03-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Spoonfeed him? You need to put down the kool-aid. That catch for a Super Bowl TD in the endzone was indicative not just of a QB who can put the ball where he wants to, but a WR who would have sacrificed his health to get the ball. I still can't believe Polamalu didn't take his head off. And where did he say "didn't show him love"? I did not see this quote.

Why must this signing be taken as proof of a moral and ethical failing? Can't he simply have wanted more money to play football? Fans are idiots about this stuff.

I do think, based on quotes at the press conference last night, that he felt Cobb's presence. Whether it was apparent in negotiations (or he believed they affected them) or in play calling/positioning on the field, I think he will enjoy being featured.

Again from the stuff I'm reading and 'by and large'. I'd have to say that Greg Jennings was a solid teammate and fan of both Randall Cobb and 'of course' Aaron Rodgers. Greg Jennings was simply not satisfied with his more limited, than in the past role on the Packers offense. He felt that he could be more productive and strongly desired the opportunity that was being denied him, for whatever reason, to do so. Of course, that becomes more personally alarming when a fella is in the final year of his contract.

Your position on Greg Jennings leaving to go wherever for the $money$. That wherever being Minnesota and so many Packer fans getting their undies all in a bunch.

That's just simply a 'big hoot to me'.

Whatever happened to 'the Great American Dream'? I'm guessing that doesn't apply to professional sports from a fans perspective.

GO PACK GO !