PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Screen

smuggler
03-16-2013, 05:00 AM
I have a suspicion that we will be seeing an awful lot of our DuJuan Harris next season. Not necessarily as the feature back, but as a backfield receiver.

In the regular season, he got 2 targets and made 2 catches. In the playoffs, he saw 10 passes.

It was something that was actually pretty successful, as the mid-to-deep passing lanes were prioritized by our opponents.

Smeefers
03-16-2013, 08:02 AM
All depends on who we draft and who we pick up in free agency. I know we were pinning our hopes on SJ, but there's still a bunch of guys out there. There's still Ahmand Bradshaw, Peyton Hillis and Felix Jones out there that we might take a swipe at. Who knows, we might pick up Eddie Lacey or Monte Ball. C-Benson might come back with a vengeance.

What I don't like, is with all the injuries we've had recently, everything is up in the frickin air. We don't even have a clue who our Tackles are going to be, who our Rolb is going to be, who one of our ILB's is going to be...

Joemailman
03-16-2013, 08:25 AM
The screen is definitely one way of taking advantage of teams playing 2 deep safeties. It's also a way of taking advantage of Alex Green's skills. He's really good when he has a little room to run.

swede
03-16-2013, 08:43 AM
Somewhat ironically, the easy, easy touch pass is the only one that Aaron throws badly. Maybe Trent Dilfer is available to coach him up. Or maybe Aaron needs to improve his pitching in the off-season golf--there are correlations, I think.

Question: Will Troy Aikman continue to say we are a team that uses the screen well, even though we haven't been a team that uses the screen well for like eight years, or will the time lag catch up to him and he will announce that the Packers rarely use the screen in a season in which they run it three times a game?

Answer: Whatever grates on me the most Troy will do.

KYPack
03-16-2013, 10:15 AM
All depends on who we draft and who we pick up in free agency. I know we were pinning our hopes on SJ, but there's still a bunch of guys out there. There's still Ahmand Bradshaw, Peyton Hillis and Felix Jones out there that we might take a swipe at. Who knows, we might pick up Eddie Lacey or Monte Ball. C-Benson might come back with a vengeance.

What I don't like, is with all the injuries we've had recently, everything is up in the frickin air. We don't even have a clue who our Tackles are going to be, who our Rolb is going to be, who one of our ILB's is going to be...
Stupid money season is drawing to a close.

Now, it's Packer time!

Howard Green
Ced Ben,

Those kind of guys.

There is still some cap friendly guys out there who can play (and help).

We will snarf one of 'em up and after the draft, you nervous nellies will be AOK and rootin' for the Pack again.

Clay Mat will be the ROLB.

We don't know who our LOLB will be.

I think Nick Perry will be a helluva a lot more sound at the job than he was his rookie year.

pbmax
03-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Stupid money season is drawing to a close.

Now, it's Packer time!

Howard Green
Ced Ben,

Those kind of guys.

There is still some cap friendly guys out there who can play (and help).

We will snarf one of 'em up and after the draft, you nervous nellies will be AOK and rootin' for the Pack again.

Clay Mat will be the ROLB.

We don't know who our LOLB will be.

I think Nick Perry will a helluva a lot more sound at the job than he was his rookie year.

Johnny Jolly. If fit, he's like found money. Low priced franchise QB (Wilson, CK)? How about bargain basement Top 10 Defense?