PDA

View Full Version : RAYNER GOES 8 for 8 on FGs

gbpackfan
08-22-2006, 08:29 PM
Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Placekicker Rayner has solid practice

Placekicker Dave Rayner turned in one of his most impressive performances of training camp on Tuesday night. Rayner was kicking inside the Don Hutson Center, so he didn’t have to deal with the elements. Nevertheless, he made 8 of 8 field goals from distances of 34, 39, 42, 46, 48, 25, 49 and 53 yards. Rayner had been missing field-goal attempts wide left on a regular basis during training camp, but he drilled every one of his kicks on Tuesday through the center of the uprights.

— Rob Demovsky, reporter, Green Bay Press-Gazette

Some what encouraging. Now let's see him do it outside in December!

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Still want him to do that in a game, or better yet with the game I the line. Ranyer needs some preesure kicks for us to start judging him. These TC kicks don't mean much right now.

BlueBrewer
08-22-2006, 08:34 PM
I hope this is what we are in store for throughout the season. Maybe he just needed a vote of confidence to get him on track.

4and12to12and4
08-22-2006, 08:35 PM
Great to hear. But does this mean that he is better without pressure? He now has less pressure with Cundiff gone, and he hits everything. Well, gametime situations require a kicker to work under immense pressure. I hope it is just him improving as the season starts and he has been getting more and more reps as the weeks go by.