PDA

View Full Version : Ahmad Bradshaw anyone?

Brando19
03-17-2013, 04:39 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/17/steelers-packers-interested-in-ahmad-bradshaw/

I think he's the perfect fit for our team. SIGN HIM, TED....DARN IT!

Brando19
03-17-2013, 04:42 PM
Bradshaw and Harris would be an excellent duo.

packrulz
03-17-2013, 04:43 PM
He's only 27, I hope we get him!

Bretsky
03-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Bradshaw would be a nice fit. When FA went down I always felt of those available Jackson was the no brainer. Ahmad Bradshaw would be the only other that I thought would be a nice fit. I listened to an interview with a NYG veteran offensive lineman. They characterized Bradshaw as the toughtest RB he's ever played with and said Bradshaw has a genuine love for the game of football. He's been hurt too often though, and that is partly due to his hard ass running style.

I thought of starting a thread after his release but didn't because I was not optimistic we would sign him

Brando19
03-17-2013, 04:48 PM
He grew up 10 minutes from me and played football with a rival high school of mine. I got my picture took with him a few months ago and photobombed the pic with my Packers hat and shirt...perhaps that was a sign?

gbpackfan
03-17-2013, 04:52 PM
Calm down everyone, you know what is about to happen. The Packers will poke around a little bit, and then he will be signed by the Steelers. I look around in here and see a bunch of Charlie Brown's about to get the football pulled out by Lucy (Ted Thompson). Some people never learn. LOL.

Mazzin
03-17-2013, 04:57 PM
Calm down everyone, you know what is about to happen. The Packers will poke around a little bit, and then he will be signed by the Steelers. I look around in here and see a bunch of Charlie Brown's about to get the football pulled out by Lucy (Ted Thompson). Some people never learn. LOL.

Wish there was a way to "like" a post. :) How does this rep thing work?

Joemailman
03-17-2013, 05:00 PM

http://www.jeremyperson.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/LucyFootball_2-499x378.jpghttp://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j357/awolgina/Web%20Pics/Animated%20GIFs/ca7e2650.gif

gbpackfan
03-17-2013, 05:06 PM
HAHAHAHAHA. Thanks Joe. Still funny, after all these years!

It would be great if someone, I am not skilled enough to do so, could edit that pick to make TT's face on Lucy and Charlie wearing a Packers T-shirt that says "#1 fan."

Tony Oday
03-17-2013, 05:27 PM
Well we wont pay more than $4 million per year.

HarveyWallbangers
03-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Well we wont pay more than $4 million per year.

Well, the Steelers likely won't either. If it's truly between the Pack and Steelers, this is one battle we might actually win.

Joemailman
03-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Bradshaw would be a nice fit. I just have to wonder though, with all the injury problems the Packers had at RB last year whether TT wants to offer money to a guy coming off foot surgery.

woodbuck27
03-17-2013, 05:46 PM
Hi Brando19:

If you can still get this done.

My advice to you is remove the total contents from the PFT LINK on the second post of this thread in order to protect the forum and Madtownpacker in terms of 'Copywrite Restrictions'.

Thanks

Brando19
03-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Hi Brando19:

If you can still get this done.

My advice to you is remove the total contents from the PFT LINK on the second post of this thread in order to protect the forum and Madtownpacker in terms of 'Copywrite Restrictions'.

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up, Woodbuck!! I got a little excited and wasn't thinking.

woodbuck27
03-17-2013, 05:53 PM

Yea I'm not getting at all invested in this name.

I'm simply seeing him in a Pittsburg Steelers jersey. A 'steeley RB' playing for 'the Steelers'. That's the better fit for him; 'common sense' dictates to me.

Brando19
03-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Yea I'm not getting at all invested in this name.

I'm simply seeing him in a Pittsburg Steelers jersey. A 'steeley RB' playing for 'the Steelers'. That's the better fit for him; 'common sense' dictates to me.

But let's not forget Mike McCarthy is a Pittsburgh guy! See the connection?

woodbuck27
03-17-2013, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Woodbuck!! I got a little excited and wasn't thinking.

I'm often guilty of that in some regard; in my attempt to get 'just the good stuff' on this forum.

'Just' ... Droping the LINK >>> Article Title, Author and Time Written on a thread.

For our Forum owner's welfare ... is not 'only' good.

It's 'the LAW'. 8-)

On that 'getting excited part. I was in a full Packer fan Free Agency Period withdrawal when Steven Jackson joined the Atlanta Falcons. I wish you 'full on' good luck with Ted Thompson and Ahmad Bradshaw.

I love that RB's grit. He's got the spirit we need on our team to shake things up a wee bit on the sidelines when our players get a tad laxed. You better be in the game when he's playing on your side.

PACKERS !

Joemailman
03-17-2013, 07:52 PM
Did TT sign Bradshaw yet?

George Cumby
03-17-2013, 08:25 PM
Criminy, some of you all are like 14 year-olds frantically fumbling for your jr. Prom date's bra straps. Relax, it ain't gonna' happen.

This team is in good shape. Just wait and watch.

Joemailman
03-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Well, the Steelers likely won't either. If it's truly between the Pack and Steelers, this is one battle we might actually win.

That could be true. If there's a team less active in free agency than the Packers, it might be the Steelers.

pbmax
03-17-2013, 10:46 PM

When the reporters asked McCarthy about Bradshaw (they are all in Arizona for Owner's meetings) he was surprised. Always assume its the agent leaking this stuff first. Unless Thompson has gone so far underground that he isn't talking to other people in the building.

Pugger
03-18-2013, 10:35 AM
Do we really want another RB with injury issues??

LP
03-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Do we really want another RB with injury issues??

Well duhhhh!!!! He's a big name free agent! Of course we do!

Spaulding
03-18-2013, 01:06 PM
Might be a nice edition to the team. Was listening to SirusXM NFL radio a while back and one of the commentators (I forget who but might have been Amani Toomer) indicated that Bradshaw was very well respected in the locker room and a total team player. He also referenced the toughest guy on the team and how how Bradshaw was a class act.

Injury issues are a big concern but then again that's obviously why he's still available. Would love TT to sign him on the cheap as it would be a definite upgrade but won't lose sleep over it when he likely signs with another team. Might be more prone to pick him in fantasy draft though if he were to become a Packer :grin:

Joemailman
03-18-2013, 01:49 PM

denverYooper
03-18-2013, 02:07 PM

Pull the trigger TT!

woodbuck27
03-18-2013, 03:31 PM
Pull the trigger TT!

http://www.picturesof.net/_images_300/Men_Looking_For_a_Key_with_Flashlights_Royalty_Fre e_Clipart_Picture_100123-061479-746042.jpg

Holy crap! He's still looking for the key to the gun cabinet.

3irty1
03-18-2013, 06:26 PM
I'd way rather have a rookie than Bradshaw. Bradshaw is a fine runner but he's a fumble machine. A midround pick could get you Monte Ball who might not push the pile much or leave guys in the dust but he'll never lose you a game and has the vision to take what's there. If Monte Ball is a better option than your FA running back that's probably a sign that you should save your money.

red
03-18-2013, 06:35 PM
bradshaw really doesn't excite me at all

i don't even see him as a 3 down "feature" back to be honest

and like predator says, guy puts the ball on the turf a lot

HarveyWallbangers
03-18-2013, 07:25 PM
bradshaw really doesn't excite me at all

i don't even see him as a 3 down "feature" back to be honeSt

and like predator says, guy puts the ball on the turf a lot

I think Bradshaw is a three down back. He's a good receiver and excellent in pass protection. He is injury prone though. Fumbling problems are a bit exaggerated. He had terrible fumbling problems a few years ago, has never had more than three fumbles in any other year.

King Friday
03-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Bradshaw...meh.

Not really much of an upgrade over Benson IMO...other than he's younger. However, he's an injury risk regardless. Bradshaw probably isn't hungry right now in a football sense. The guy has some finger bling. He realizes that once he signs this next contract, he probably won't be getting much of anything past that. There is little incentive left for the guy to give 100% on the field other than pride.

A rookie will have a lot more hunger. That is what we need. Talented hunger.

mission
03-18-2013, 10:41 PM
Bradshaw...meh.

Not really much of an upgrade over Benson IMO...other than he's younger. However, he's an injury risk regardless. Bradshaw probably isn't hungry right now in a football sense. The guy has some finger bling. He realizes that once he signs this next contract, he probably won't be getting much of anything past that. There is little incentive left for the guy to give 100% on the field other than pride.

A rookie will have a lot more hunger. That is what we need. Talented hunger.

I'd love Eddie Lacy, but a healthy Bradshaw is light years better than Cedric Benson. He's a very good back when on the field.

Brandon494
03-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Bradshaw over Benson all day. As for Lacy I'm still not sure if I would want to use a 1st round draft pick on a RB. I wouldn't mind us taking a true nose tackle and moving Raji to DE.

hawaii50
03-19-2013, 12:20 AM
Bradshaw over Benson all day. As for Lacy I'm still not sure if I would want to use a 1st round draft pick on a RB. I wouldn't mind us taking a true nose tackle and moving Raji to DE.

starting to like the idea of a big NT in round one to shore up the d line too. lots of similar RBs in the mid-rounds this year so there's some options out there other than bradshaw if that doesn't work out (which it most likely wont)

Bretsky
03-19-2013, 10:41 AM
I would be fine with drafting a big body on the OL or DL. Getting the top center in the draft would really solidify our OL as well. A top tier NG or DE....I'm all about it.

I do feel Bradshaw is light years better than Benson

Pugger
03-19-2013, 11:13 AM
Well, I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for news of us signing Bradshaw. Fool me once...

woodbuck27
03-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Well, I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for news of us signing Bradshaw. Fool me once...

Yup. A 'no story' in Green Bay.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/03/18/pittsburgh-steelers-rumors-team-targeting-ahmad-bradshaw-elvis-dumervil/

I can see that Steelers jersey on him now. He may be a little 'spirited' for a Packer uniform. That man brings 'game' to the table and has it all over Cedric Benson.

As far as RB and pick #26. TT had better invest that pick on DL or OL. He might best decide between a possible available center or 'the best available big man' for the DL. All this talk and 'the BIG THREE'. If TT has decided to retain BJ Raji? He has decided to use him differently on our DL. BJ Raji has no desire to primarily be used to hold down two offensive lineman. He desires to be noticed as a playmaker. He wants to use all of his talent and not just do grunt work.

TT should find another young NT pronto.

GO PACKERS !

Joemailman
03-19-2013, 06:56 PM

Joemailman
03-20-2013, 11:35 PM
What about now?

Brando19
03-21-2013, 07:11 AM
Chris Johnson is reportedly unhappy with the Titans for signing Shonn Greene. Wonder what it would take to get him? A second? A third? Finley?

woodbuck27
03-21-2013, 07:31 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000152506/article/ahmad-bradshaw-new-york-jets-are-interested-in-me

Ahmad Bradshaw: New York Jets are interested in me

By Gregg Rosenthal ... Around The League Editor

Published: March 21, 2013 at 07:57 a.m. Updated: March 21, 2013 at 08:21 a.m

Comment woosbuck27:

I would be surprized if this happened or AB a NY Jet. I feel that he would fit best in Pittsburg.

woodbuck27
03-21-2013, 03:00 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/21/ahmad-bradshaw-holding-off-on-visits-for-the-moment/

Ahmad Bradshaw holding off on visits for the moment

Posted by Josh Alper on March 21, 2013, 9:32 AM EDT

Joemailman
03-21-2013, 05:00 PM
Chris Johnson is reportedly unhappy with the Titans for signing Shonn Greene. Wonder what it would take to get him? A second? A third? Finley?

Why would you want a guy who is pissed because his team made a move to improve depth and maybe provide him some competition?

woodbuck27
03-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Why would you want a guy who is pissed because his team made a move to improve depth and maybe provide him some competition?

It's all moot.

Ted Thompson.

Joemailman
03-28-2013, 08:18 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000154964/article/ahmad-bradshaw-still-on-pittsburgh-steelers-radar

UPDATE: NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Thursday night that Bradshaw left his visit with the Steelers without a contract, though the team remains very interested. The Steelers will touch base with Bradshaw in a little bit when the running back is healthier, a source informed of the team's thinking told Rapoport.

Brando19
03-28-2013, 08:35 PM
Have the Packers scheduled him for a visit yet?

Fritz
03-29-2013, 06:36 AM
"UPDATE: NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Thursday night that Bradshaw left his visit with the Steelers without a contract, though the team remains very interested. The Steelers will touch base with Bradshaw in a little bit when the running back is healthier, a source informed of the team's thinking told Rapoport."

"We'll call ya when our team doc tells us your gonorrhea should be all healed up, kid."

woodbuck27
03-29-2013, 06:53 AM
"UPDATE: NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Thursday night that Bradshaw left his visit with the Steelers without a contract, though the team remains very interested. The Steelers will touch base with Bradshaw in a little bit when the running back is healthier, a source informed of the team's thinking told Rapoport."

"We'll call ya when our team doc tells us your gonorrhea should be all healed up, kid."

Here's the LINK on the whole 'latest' story on Ahmad Bradshaw and the Pittsburg Steelers.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000154964/article/ahmad-bradshaw-still-on-pittsburgh-steelers-radar

Pugger
03-29-2013, 08:28 AM
One has to wonder if that foot is worse than anyone is letting on...

woodbuck27
03-29-2013, 03:13 PM
One has to wonder if that foot is worse than anyone is letting on...

Well there is this Pugger:

" NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Thursday night that Bradshaw left his visit with the Steelers without a contract, though the team remains very interested." FR. LINK in post above

PACKERS !

ND72
03-29-2013, 07:56 PM
Read today that Bradshaw has been negotiating contracts with Steelers