PDA

View Full Version : Goodell Is A Fool

pbmax
03-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Rather than engage this as a scientific question, Goodell continues to act like PR stunts will fix the NFLs concussion problem.

PFT points to a Trent Richardson play, http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/18/trent-richardson-a-poster-boy-for-ban-on-runners-lowering-heads/ , as Exhibit 1a of what the League and Competition committee want to outlaw next year.

Its another example of a spectacular and theatrical hit that will now be outlawed even if the play doesn't result in the type of injuries that the League is currently being sued about.

Studies done so far point to repetitive and sub-consussive hits being the biggest problems on the field. Goodell is not engaging on the likeliest cause of the issue he is in charge of addressing.

This isn't to say that Richardson's hat hit and technique are good, he is probably doing damage to himself, but these kinds of hits don't occur every play. And this type of technique can be addressed by getting coaches on the side of teaching safer techniques.

Its a League being run by a PR department.

Joemailman
03-18-2013, 06:13 PM
Will backs and receivers be wearing protective vests to protect their ribs since they can't lower their head to do so? The stiff-arm may become a more widely used procedure.

red
03-18-2013, 06:15 PM
its another way of using your helmet as a weapon

take away the helmet, and guys don't lead with their heads

so i can see where that comes from

on the other hand, these guys get paid a shitload of money to put their bodies and future on the line for my amusement so they should be forced to beat the hell out of each other on the field imo

i've put my life on the line 100's of times and suffered many injuries (including 20-30 concussions). in my mid 30's i'm already suffering memory loss

i've done it for minimum pay or close to it, and when i can't work because i'm hurt or brain dead i'm just fucked

so i feel no pitty for these millionaire fucks who are in the 40's and can barely walk or talk. tough shit, must be nice

like i've said in other threads, they make a ton of money to beat the hell out of each other for our entertainment. they're lucky we don't make the winner behead the losers at the end of the game

Brandon494
03-18-2013, 06:21 PM
20-30 concussions? Damn dude are you a rodeo clown or something?

red
03-18-2013, 06:26 PM
use to play a lot of sports, and hard labor. construction and the like

it takes less to get them as they add up

if i do something stupid and smack myself in the forehead with the palm of my hand i can knock myself stupid for a couple weeks

Joemailman
03-18-2013, 06:29 PM
There goes pad level.

Old School
03-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Maybe this is the reason the Packers signed DuJaun Harris.He's so short he can't bend over.

George Cumby
03-18-2013, 09:32 PM
use to play a lot of sports, and hard labor. construction and the like

it takes less to get them as they add up

if i do something stupid and smack myself in the forehead with the palm of my hand i can knock myself stupid for a couple weeks

May I respectfully suggest that you refrain from hitting yourself in the head?

red
03-18-2013, 10:05 PM
May I respectfully suggest that you refrain from hitting yourself in the head?

i try, its not always easy when i read some of the posts on this site though

Cheesehead Craig
03-18-2013, 10:50 PM
How about a rule change that would actually be good, like not allowing the offensive players with the ball to stiff arm a defender in the face mask.