PDA

View Full Version : Favre back on most Packer fans shit list

Jimx29
03-18-2013, 08:55 PM
http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=20071

QBME
03-18-2013, 09:09 PM

And here comes the accompanying shit storm...

Joemailman
03-18-2013, 09:09 PM
Sounds like Favre let him know what it would be like going from the Packers to Vikings. I think that's what Jennings wanted to know. I think Jennings was recruited by money, not so much by Favre.

Old School
03-18-2013, 09:17 PM
No matter. Bert's on my forever and a day shit list.

George Cumby
03-18-2013, 09:19 PM
*sigh*

The Packers didn't come after him hard enough.

No-one can maximize their talent because of the depth of the team.

Brett gave him the straight story and no-one else would.

Diva.

Guiness
03-18-2013, 09:31 PM
He had to know saying that would get under people's skin. Sounds like he's a bit pissed, wanted to take a shot at the Packer's admin, and doesn't care about burning bridges on his way out of town.

pittstang5
03-18-2013, 09:42 PM
I really thought Jennings was the next Donald Driver, possibly be better. Had a great attitude, always smiling, hard worker, fan favorite....boy, was I wrong. Such a shame.

gbpackfan
03-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Fuck Favre, Fuck Jennings. They are both dead to me. I will BOO them both the minute they step foot back on Lambeau Field.

Bretsky
03-18-2013, 09:56 PM
So he sought out views from others; I don't see any further reason to sling mud at either party here. Favre has enough mud on him; I could really care less what he told Jennings and since I have no idea what it was I'm not going to get bent about it.

You can tell Jennings, unfortunately, has sour grapes. He wanted his ass kissed as many athletes with huge ego's do. TT, when it all came down to it, knew GJ was expendable and GB should be fine w/o him. The Vikings WR's were only a small step up from Billy Schroeder......they should have shown him infinite love because they desperately needed him on that roster.

Kudos to the Vikes on the move....sorry to hear GJ has sour grapes.....I'm not going to throw any eggs at TT for his decisions here

smuggler
03-18-2013, 09:58 PM
What's Brett supposed to do? Lie to Jennings?

Greg was probably nervous about the Vikings, as they are seen as an inferior franchise. He asked Brett's advice, and he said they were solid. No big deal, in my book.

red
03-18-2013, 09:59 PM
well, jennings has sunk himself to the same level as favre in my book

both can burn in the seventh level of hell for all eternity as far as i'm concerned

gbgary
03-18-2013, 10:00 PM
he never left my shit list.

Bretsky
03-18-2013, 10:02 PM
Way different; GJ was just going to follow the money. That was in MN...unfortunately...for us

Joemailman
03-18-2013, 10:29 PM
Way different; GJ was just going to follow the money. That was in MN...unfortunately...for us

Yep. Once the Vikings traded Harvin, Jennings was on the road to Minnesota.

Brando19
03-18-2013, 10:50 PM
I bet Favre never intended for his advice to be leaked. Jennings just threw him under the bus. Jennings is such a douche...I hope he sprains his sphincter and never plays again.

Carolina_Packer
03-18-2013, 10:54 PM
Greg, it's not your fault that you came from an organization that knows how to evaluate talent, and puts together a very talented group of guys, asking guys to share the credit for the good of the team. You've suffered enough with your winning seasons and your Super Bowl victory. I hope you can put these dark days behind you. You go now and you wear that purple with pride, and enjoy your new $tatus of #1 receiver.

Pugger
03-19-2013, 01:18 AM
Is there supposed to be a story here? This to me is much ado about nothing. Jennings asked Favre about MN. Big freaking deal.

Iron Mike
03-19-2013, 07:34 AM
Here's my take....I hope that Jennings and his sister enjoy the hell out of that new crib in White Bear Lake with the HUGE new big-screen t.v. in that they're watching the Packers play in the NFC Championship game on next year. :)

pittstang5
03-19-2013, 07:55 AM
I really don't care that Jennings talked to Favre. I'd do the same thing if I were looking to move to another location for work - talk to someone familiar with the situation. I think it's great that they both still have a relationship. I don't think that's the issue with the story.

My issue, GJ is acting like a spoiled child: Oh, Green Bay didn't show me any love. They didn't want me anymore. STFU. Simply say,"I'd like to thank GB for my time there, things didn't work out, but I will always remember my time there and I look forward to my new team."

WRs and CBs seem to be the divas of the league.

pbmax
03-19-2013, 08:03 AM
I think Favre would be an excellent resource for someone to consult about having been replaced by a younger, cheaper and better version of himself.

Pugger
03-19-2013, 11:30 AM
I think Favre would be an excellent resource for someone to consult about having been replaced by a younger, cheaper and better version of himself.

:lol:

HowardRoark
03-19-2013, 11:39 AM
Here's my take....I hope that Jennings and his sister enjoy the hell out of that new crib in White Bear Lake with the HUGE new big-screen t.v. in that they're watching the Packers play in the NFC Championship game on next year. :)

Sounds like he'll be living in Ponder's house on Lake Minnetonka for awhile.......he'll probably rummage through Sam's underwear drawer.

hoosier
03-19-2013, 12:51 PM

I like one of the first comments on that page: "What do you call a Viking with a SB ring? An ex-Packer."

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-19-2013, 01:23 PM
I don't understand how people are saying Jennings was just following the money. I’m fairly certain that I read somewhere were he pretty much said he was looking forward to going somewhere new this whole past year. Then his sister makes those comments about Rodgers, follows it up by complaining that we have to much depth at Wr to show case his abilities, and then seeks advice from Favre. Granted we don’t know what was really talked about, but he nevertheless sought advice from a guy who left on bad terms and still doesn’t have the best relationship with the team. What type of advice do you expect from a guy still holding a grudge against his old team? You think Favre and Driver would give him similar advice. We even offered him as much as he's making with the Vikings next year one year earlier (which probably would have been a pay increase in 2012 also).I believe only thing that would have kept him in GB is if he had: A.)A very soft market (which he had) and B.)We were willing to pay A LOT more than all other teams (we weren't).

Jennings, like Favre, is very good at getting people to like him. I’m not faulting him for that, but he is not saying his true feelings I suspect. He gave up lifelong admiration from GB fans to go to the Vikings. I wish I could say that it was mostly because we couldn’t afford him, but I think I would be naïve to believe that. He wants his stats and wants recognition as someone who can "#begreat". It's his life, if he wants to leave then that is his choice. I'm not going to sit here and be upset and pissed at him. What I learned from the Favre experience to you can have favorite players (which Jennings was/is), but don't get worked up when they leave because one day Cobb will probably be the new Jennings for me lol.

pittstang5
03-19-2013, 02:32 PM
I don't understand how people are saying Jennings was just following the money. I’m fairly certain that I read somewhere were he pretty much said he was looking forward to going somewhere new this whole past year. Then his sister makes those comments about Rodgers, follows it up by complaining that we have to much depth at Wr to show case his abilities, and then seeks advice from Favre. Granted we don’t know what was really talked about, but he nevertheless sought advice from a guy who left on bad terms and still doesn’t have the best relationship with the team. What type of advice do you expect from a guy still holding a grudge against his old team? You think Favre and Driver would give him similar advice. We even offered him as much as he's making with the Vikings next year one year earlier (which probably would have been a pay increase in 2012 also).I believe only thing that would have kept him in GB is if he had: A.)A very soft market (which he had) and B.)We were willing to pay A LOT more than all other teams (we weren't).

Jennings, like Favre, is very good at getting people to like him. I’m not faulting him for that, but he is not saying his true feelings I suspect. He gave up lifelong admiration from GB fans to go to the Vikings. I wish I could say that it was mostly because we couldn’t afford him, but I think I would be naïve to believe that. He wants his stats and wants recognition as someone who can "#begreat". It's his life, if he wants to leave then that is his choice. I'm not going to sit here and be upset and pissed at him. What I learned from the Favre experience to you can have favorite players (which Jennings was/is), but don't get worked up when they leave because one day Cobb will probably be the new Jennings for me lol.

That's all well and good, but then don't bad mouth the team you came from, regardless of what really occurred. We don't know what REALLY happened behind closed doors, but you don't burn bridges - You just say, "Things didn't work out, now I'm here." Instead bitching and moaning and making snide little comments.

Packers4Glory
03-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Jennings didn't feel wanted in GB. That's my take away.

pbmax
03-19-2013, 03:34 PM
Sounds like he'll be living in Ponder's house on Lake Minnetonka for awhile.......he'll probably rummage through Sam's underwear drawer.

Does Apollonia (or other Prince proteges) still purify themselves in that lake?

woodbuck27
03-19-2013, 03:44 PM
So he sought out views from others; I don't see any further reason to sling mud at either party here. Favre has enough mud on him; I could really care less what he told Jennings and since I have no idea what it was I'm not going to get bent about it.

You can tell Jennings, unfortunately, has sour grapes. He wanted his ass kissed as many athletes with huge ego's do. TT, when it all came down to it, knew GJ was expendable and GB should be fine w/o him. The Vikings WR's were only a small step up from Billy Schroeder......they should have shown him infinite love because they desperately needed him on that roster.

Kudos to the Vikes on the move....sorry to hear GJ has sour grapes.....I'm not going to throw any eggs at TT for his decisions here

Right on! This post is an example of why your a prize at Packerrats. Thanks. I need not read further into this thread before I present my position.

Ladies and gentleman without further ado. Please...use the gift of intelligence that clearly will allow you to see the real story here. Greg Jennings doesn't act with anything that should alarm,shock you. We had a similiar read here last month. In an article on the feelings of Jermichael Finley and his future with the Green Bay Packers. Mike McCarthy has been tasked with the duty of doing the PR; to deal with that ever since. The real and clear problem is that before all of you we have an issue with regards to the so called... 'the Packer Way'.

It's time that that 'Packer Way' changes.

That 'the powers in place' improve communication efforts based in proper skills and merit of respect and regard for Packer players. That in the near future we observe clearly that change.

It's my position that all Packerrats might consider this TRUTH.

Ed woodbuck27

GO PACK GO!

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Jennings didn't feel wanted in GB. That's my take away.

I agree. But I think there is more to the story.

woodbuck27
03-19-2013, 03:51 PM
What's Brett supposed to do? Lie to Jennings?

Greg was probably nervous about the Vikings, as they are seen as an inferior franchise. He asked Brett's advice, and he said they were solid. No big deal, in my book.

Exactly.

Greg Jennings merely paid Brett Favre a respect. Who has ever been a Green Bay Packer and that shoots any straighter than Brett Favre? Brett Favre is as down to earth as it comes. Greg Jennings is fortunate to be able to contact him and get the excellent advice I'm positive that he received.

Please don't jump on 'the idiot bandwagon' and try to paint any other picture from this story.

It isn't worth your drama if you do.

GO PACK GO!

woodbuck27
03-19-2013, 03:58 PM
I agree. But I think there is more to the story.

The last thing we need as Packer fans is to see 'that real story' turn into a PR nightmare for the Green Bay Packer Organization. That 'can of worms', certainly need NOT be opened.

Let Greg Jennings go quietly. I believe the official stance of the Packer brass has been certainly proper; and Packer fans need to get right there.

GO PACK GO!

woodbuck27
03-19-2013, 04:03 PM

Thud!

The sound of a kick in the head.

woodbuck27
03-19-2013, 05:01 PM
That's all well and good, but then don't bad mouth the team you came from, regardless of what really occurred. We don't know what REALLY happened behind closed doors, but you don't burn bridges - You just say, "Things didn't work out, now I'm here." Instead bitching and moaning and making snide little comments.

I'm still studying it all, but it's obvious to me that Greg Jennings aired it out. Was that right or wrong is moot because it's done. As Packer fans we need to decide if it was ego driven 'sour grapes', or based/centered on something that can be a focus of change/growth for the Green Bay Packers.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
03-19-2013, 05:32 PM
Here's all that really matters and 'anything Brett Favre'. The bottom line:

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=20101

Murphy on Favre number retirement: 'It's going to happen'

Mar 18, 2013 -- 8:29pm

Then I read something like this. Does anything make sense?

I think it does. :???:

Simply laugh at it ! That's very healthy.

windycitycheesehead - Tuesday March 19,2013 at 12:21 PM -

"I just heard from a popular sports news outlet that an unnamed source close to Favre 's agent says he's been feeling really good since he hasn't taken a hit in 2 years and wants to make another comeback. Bus Cook is apparently in preliminary talks with the Vikings. Favre said he'd love one more chance to throw TDs to Greg Jennings and if, in the process, he can stick it to Ted Thompson and all of the Packers fans who turned on him that would just be the butter on the toast. An equally unnamed source close to an employee of the Vikings has verified this report. Look for Favre in the Purple again this fall." a fans comment

GO PACK GO !

Joemailman
03-19-2013, 06:54 PM
I like one of the first comments on that page: "What do you call a Viking with a SB ring? An ex-Packer."

The correct answer would be "A Thief".

woodbuck27
03-19-2013, 09:38 PM
This is the news we need to concentrate on.

Good news...positive news. Solidifying the Green Bay Packer 'history and excellence'. Nothing is more important than that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/19/murphy-says-rodgers-deal-priority-favre-truce-coming/

GO PACK GO !

Brandon494
03-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Was watching something about Mary today and when the Favre scene came on the first thing I thought of was if he sent Cameron Diaz any dick pictures but quickly realized how shitty cell phones were back then. -random post

Rutnstrut
03-20-2013, 08:42 AM
You guys are like little school girls that get turned down for a dance and get all hurt, bunch a fucking whiners.

pbmax
03-20-2013, 09:03 AM
You guys are like little school girls that get turned down for a dance and get all hurt, bunch a fucking whiners.

Are you looking for a rebounder?

denverYooper
03-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are.

Pugger
03-20-2013, 03:38 PM
I truly don't give a rats tail what Jennings does as long as he doesn't catch passes against us this coming season. I don't personally know this man and he plays for a divisional rival. To me he is in the same category as any other player on any other team. A guy to stop on the gridiron.