PDA

View Full Version : Looking at Michael Huff

3irty1
03-19-2013, 08:06 AM
Per PFT us and 3 teams with less cap room are all having a look-see at Michael Huff. This would keep alive a 10 year tradition of swapping DB's back and forth with the Raiders.

From another forum:

Darrien Gordon, former OAK DB signs with GB to return punts (this one is a throw in, the fun begins in 2003)

Chris Johnson - GB traded a future 6th to take him in the 7th, JSOnline article reports OAK admitted plans to draft Johnson, who would later go on to play many years in OAK.

Derek Combs - switches from OAK to GB

Marques Anderson - cut by GB after 2 years, immediately signed by OAK

(As an aside, this is the year that scarcity drives the Packers to select Ahmad Carroll and Joey Thomas with their first 2 picks. Going back and reading old scouting reports on these guys you can understand why they were picked. Watching NFL film on them, not so much.)

Fabian Washington – OAK drafts after trading immediately in front of GB 1 spot ahead of GB in the 1st round. GB gets stuck with QB Aaron Rodgers.

Charles Woodson - OAK UFA signs with GB

John Bowie - OAK trades up 2 spots in front GB to select him in 4th round, GB subsequently trades back

Jason Horton - switches from GB to OAK

Curtis Fuller - former GB DB begins assistant coaching career with OAK. Returns to GB to coach in 2009-2010.

Tyvon Branch – OAK trades up in 4th round from 104 to 100. Packers had traded into pick 102.

Marviel Underwood - signed by OAK, former Packers 5th round pick

Mike Hawkins - OAK signs former GB 5th round pick

Joey Thomas - former GB 3rd round pick signs with the OAK

Joe Porter - played 6 games for the OAK, after playing his only other NFL game with GB

Pat Lee – brought from OAK to GB by Reggie McKenzie

Brandian Ross - Plays in 14 games for OAK after being signed off GB practice squad

Huff makes some sense in GB as he's got the size, speed, and ball skills to be a diet version of Nick Collins in center field once again.

pittstang5
03-19-2013, 08:18 AM
Don't know much about him - I guess he's not a STAR, but he's no slouch either. Saw the Ravens are interested in him - that's where he'll go.

Packers4Glory
03-19-2013, 02:23 PM
wasn't he suppose to be a star??? Maybe getting a new start in GB will be the jump start he needs.

HarveyWallbangers
03-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Former 1st round pick, I believe. Drafted pretty high in the first round, if I remember right.

jklowan
03-19-2013, 05:35 PM
Former 1st round pick, I believe. Drafted pretty high in the first round, if I remember right.

he was draft 7th I think, but it was by the raiders and when was the last time any of the 1st rounders amounted to anything.... I say pass

woodbuck27
03-19-2013, 05:47 PM

NFL Draft: 2006 / Round: 1 / Pick: 7

Debuted in 2006 for the Oakland Raiders.

Guiness
03-19-2013, 05:54 PM
he was draft 7th I think, but it was by the raiders and when was the last time any of the 1st rounders amounted to anything.... I say pass

Yup, he was taken 7th, and the Raiders used number 7 2 years later to select DHB! At least Huff got a second contract, DHB got booted before his rookie deal was done!

HarveyWallbangers
03-19-2013, 06:28 PM

True, but unlike DHB (who was a Troy Williamson-like reach), Huff was projected to go high. I'm intrigued by Bradshaw and Huff--which means we'll get neither.

Brandon494
03-19-2013, 06:31 PM
Smh, you telling me we had a chance to get Tyvon Branch in 2008 but traded the pick to Oakland. That sucks, dude is a stud imo.

Joemailman
03-19-2013, 06:50 PM
Was it Partial or Tank who were saying when he was drafted that Huff would be a superstar?

MJZiggy
03-19-2013, 06:53 PM
Was it Partial or Tank who were saying when he was drafted that Huff would be a superstar?
Tank, I believe.

pbmax
03-19-2013, 07:27 PM
Tank, I believe.

Tank is a better talent evaluator than Aging Al Davis. If they agree, probably pretty solid. :D

Guiness
03-19-2013, 07:27 PM
Per PFT us and 3 teams with less cap room are all having a look-see at Michael Huff. This would keep alive a 10 year tradition of swapping DB's back and forth with the Raiders.

From another forum:

Huff makes some sense in GB as he's got the size, speed, and ball skills to be a diet version of Nick Collins in center field once again.

It seems like mostly our retreads heading over there. They're the Packers 'further' West. Two or three in to the Packers, looks like as many as 10 former Packers have played there in the past decade!

woodbuck27
03-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Tank is a better talent evaluator than Aging Al Davis. If they agree, probably pretty solid. :D

Shit ! pbmax

If Tank and Al Davis are agreeing. We'll never see Tank on Packerrats again.

smuggler
03-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Smh, you telling me we had a chance to get Tyvon Branch in 2008 but traded the pick to Oakland. That sucks, dude is a stud imo.

According to the post, we traded up to 102 and then they leaped over us to 100 to get him. It's not clear if we were targeting him, however.

Iron Mike
03-20-2013, 07:06 AM
Shit ! pbmax

If Tank and Al Davis are agreeing. We'll never see Tank on Packerrats again.

You must never read Legand of the Pack's posts...

denverYooper
03-20-2013, 07:28 AM
TT sign Huff yet?

ND72
03-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Wow do I remember the days of JSO reading how Huff was the next coming of Jesus Christ himself.

And looking at that list of guys, Joe Porter can still suck my ass... Hate him.

KYPack
03-20-2013, 09:58 PM
Legand/Tank was always spamming that we should've drafted Huff instead of Hawk.

We could have both now, eh?

Huff switched to corner this season bc Oak had no one else to play there.

He's lost what little speed he once had, a slow safety and super slow corner.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-10-2014, 08:02 PM
Maybe, just maybe, TT opens the checkbook this year. Will be interesting to see who he goes after. The major needs are apparent to all the rats, which means TT will go in a completely different direction.

red
01-10-2014, 08:29 PM
well, if it makes anyone fell any better, huff signed with the ravens, played 7 games for them, started one, then got cut. denver picked him up and he's played 3 games for them starting none

on the year in 10 games played with one start he has 8 tackles, no sacks, and no Int's

he only signed a 3 year 6 million dollar deal with the ravens and he's making the vet minimum in denver

denverYooper
01-10-2014, 08:37 PM
well, if it makes anyone fell any better, huff signed with the ravens, played 7 games for them, started one, then got cut. denver picked him up and he's played 3 games for them starting none

on the year in 10 games played with one start he has 8 tackles, no sacks, and no Int's

he only signed a 3 year 6 million dollar deal with the ravens and he's making the vet minimum in denver
He hasn't played much in Denver.

Bretsky
01-11-2014, 07:28 AM

Just a comical pondering thought

If Richardson or MD Jennings were on the Ravens defense............would they have even lasted 7 GAMES ??

red
01-11-2014, 08:38 AM
Just a comical pondering thought

If Richardson or MD Jennings were on the Ravens defense............would they have even lasted 7 GAMES ??

well no, because the reason why huff was expendable there was because of matt elam

Bretsky
01-11-2014, 09:06 AM
well no, because the reason why huff was expendable there was because of matt elam

That was my point. Our starting safeties would probably have been cut by Baltimore