PDA

View Full Version : Fire Ted Thompson?

Smeefers
03-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Well, with all this FA talk, I figured I'd check it out. Some people are saying that the packers are getting worse, not better. If that's true, well then, TT is the man to blame. He's the one not signing big name free agents. He's not the one trading guys for picks or vice versa. So what do you think? Is his lack of action in the FA market enough to merit him getting canned?

red
03-22-2013, 06:49 PM
i don't know, many of us would say "yes, he should go" if it wasn't for the super bowl a couple years ago

if you're only gonna use the draft to build a team then you damn well better hit on most of your picks. although he's hit on a lot of guys, he's also missed on a lot of guys

i wouldn't say we need to fire him, but the grace period he earned from the super bowl is now over as far as i'm concerned. if he fucks the pooch, i'm no longer gonna say "oh its ok, we won a SB with him".

red
03-22-2013, 06:55 PM
however, if you are comfortable keeping your head up your ass (it is nice and warm up there) and trying to tell yourself that everything everyone associated with the packers does is the only way things could and should be done, then you go right ahead

but don't then cry that your vagina hurts when someone disagrees with you

HEY GANG, THE PACKERS ARE PERFECT

NOTHING MORE TO SEE HERE

CLOSE THE FORUM

Freak Out
03-22-2013, 07:08 PM
TT needs a good hearty spanking.....from Red.

Smeefers
03-22-2013, 07:15 PM
Aww man. Here I was, nodding my head in agreement with you on your first post red. I was all "That makes sense."

Sadly, your next post had to come around and smear dog shit all over your panzy ass cock sucking mouth. See, I've been nothing but respectful in the all the arguments, but then you're slimy maggot filled mouth had to spout some dumb ass garbage that I'm butt hurt because we disagree.... slightly. You motherless cow, go fuck yourself.

Now don't go crying.

red
03-22-2013, 07:15 PM
TT needs a good hearty spanking.....from Red.

i'm irish, i don't spank

i use a baseball bat

red
03-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Aww man. Here I was, nodding my head in agreement with you on your first post red. I was all "That makes sense."

Sadly, your next post had to come around and smear dog shit all over your panzy ass cock sucking mouth. See, I've been nothing but respectful in the all the arguments, but then you're slimy maggot filled mouth had to spout some dumb ass garbage that I'm butt hurt because we disagree.... slightly. You motherless cow, go fuck yourself.

Now don't go crying.

see thats better. this is why we have internet forums

i'm drinking BTW, don't take offense to anything, and never take anything anyone says on an interweb forum personaly

i really, honestly have nothing against ya smeefers

Old School
03-22-2013, 08:22 PM
It's not only about how much money in the Packer checkbook TT isn't spending this year. It's also what is left when the Randall Cobbs and Casey Haywards need to be paid.

Sure we want Ted to hit on every draft pick. Do the other 31 GM's? No different than being so close to the team we see all the warts, and have this delusional idea that players on other teams are ready for the Hall. Maybe because all we see about them is highlights on ESPN.

Tony Oday
03-23-2013, 10:20 AM
TT gives MM the players to compete every year. 26 wins in the last two years.

KYPack
03-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Anybody remember Firetedthompson.com?

That was a real winner also.

MJZiggy
03-23-2013, 05:17 PM
I think there are folks who forget that Ted Thompson's job is not to win the Super Bowl every year. It is to acquire players capable of competing for a Super Bowl. The 2010 team was injured to hell and back, but every backup we threw in there was competitive. Sure there are players that we miss (Collins), but regardless of his methods, I don't have a problem with the players TT brings in. I wish they weren't injured as often, but that is life in the NFL. We always seem to have youth being developed and even watched a HOF QB walk away because we had another one ready to take his place. We have the cap room to resign those players that we really want to keep and TT has a decent record of finding guys you've never heard of who blow your socks off. I can't think of another GM who I'd rather have right now.

woodbuck27
03-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Under Ted Thompson the Green Bay Packers have made the playoffs five out of eight seasons with an overall playoff record of 5W-4 L. The Packers won a Super Bowl after going 3-0 in the 2010 playoffs.

Since winning Super Bowl XLV the Packers have won back to back NFCN Titles and had a playoff record of 1W-2L. Those two loss's were humiliating in terms of the score.

On Sun. Jan. 15,2011 The Packers lost at home to the New York GIANTS 37-20.

On Sat. Jan. 12,2012 The Packers lost away to the San Francisco 49ers 45-31.

The Green Bay Packers have a decent shot at winning the NFCN next season. That result will 'no doubt' be satisfactory for the majority of Packer fans. Those fans will resign themselves to the fact that there can only be one Super Bowl Champion. Those fans will be enjoying the Packers third straight NFCN Championship and laughing at NFC rivals.

Those fans will continue to praise Ted Thompson and the 'face of the franchise' Aaron Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers will for some time in the future become the highest paid player in the NFL. A contract justified by his QB rating over the past two seasons, exceeding all other NFL QB's.

Meanwhile it remains to be seen how successful the Green Bay Packers will be in the future and that measured by what standard? As a minimum, a solid standard should be playoff appearances and wins. Compared to that standard. How well have the Green Bay Packers competed since winning Super Bowl XLV?

Clearly the team is failing in the playoffs. Should that fact bring up a conversation focused on... to fire Ted Thompson or not? It's my position that. That watch will certainly be on if this trend to collapse in the playoffs continues. The bottom line will be Packer success Vs the top NFL teams. I feel that Ted Thompson must feel safe. He has demonstrated clearly that he's turned his attention to matters other than grand success in 2013. As a Packer fan I'm forced to accept this. To view Ted Thompson's skills as a GM in regards related to the CAP.

So I turn my attention in this post right there.

Ted Thompson has to demonstrate solid insight in terms of handling our CAP. Specifically in terms of how well the Green Bay Packers pay Aaron Rodgers (Clay Campbell III and BJ Raji).

The remainder of the Packers roster will certainly be paying attention RE: their fair share. It appears to me that Ted Thompson is in a hurry to lock up Aaron Rodgers. We're aware that Ted Thompson has a boss. Is that the primary reason for his behaviour thus far in virtually neglecting free agency. Why he's placing the majority of his chips on the 'adversity will be kind square'. The remainder in a strong belief in a maturing team in terms of proficiency based in the Packer system.

Why now this focus on Aaron Rodgers? This is disturbing to me as Aaron Rodgers has two years remaining on his last contract extension. Ted Thompson's 'Packers Way', amounts to very possibly less next season for our Aaron Rodgers led offense.

Ted Thompson is doing his homework and certainly has insight into other NFL QB future contracts. The corresponding payout that Aaron Rodgers may be due. Is that the primary emphasis for his focus? In any case isn't it premature? Doesn't this approach risk that we will again fall behind the top NFL teams next season? Won't this focus in turn possibly raise certain question of Ted Thompson remaining as GM of the Green Bay Packers?

GO PACKERS GO!

red
03-23-2013, 07:12 PM
winning the nfcn is like winning the special olympics

Tony Oday
03-24-2013, 12:25 AM

I bet the Bears, Lions and Vikings would like the nfcn...

Bretsky
03-24-2013, 08:09 AM
I think there are folks who forget that Ted Thompson's job is not to win the Super Bowl every year. It is to acquire players capable of competing for a Super Bowl. The 2010 team was injured to hell and back, but every backup we threw in there was competitive. Sure there are players that we miss (Collins), but regardless of his methods, I don't have a problem with the players TT brings in. I wish they weren't injured as often, but that is life in the NFL. We always seem to have youth being developed and even watched a HOF QB walk away because we had another one ready to take his place. We have the cap room to resign those players that we really want to keep and TT has a decent record of finding guys you've never heard of who blow your socks off. I can't think of another GM who I'd rather have right now.

stop being such a chick :) he NFL is about winning championships and each year you have 1 success and 31 failures. Ted is certainly a good gm ....especially regarding the draft...but there are others as good IMO.

woodbuck27
03-24-2013, 09:33 AM

Observing Ted Thompson manage the Green Bay Packers is alot like becoming aware of just how very much that man likes salt.

To embrace the ridiculous because Ted Thompson doesn't seem to be the most sociable person.

In any case.... you get invited over to Ted's for supper.

Ted has prepared the meal of meat and veggies; potatoes, carrots, turnip and onions. Ted sets the table. You enjoy salt and pepper on your meat and salt, pepper and butter on your veggies; but all Ted provides is .... salt.

You simply sit and eat at Ted's table and try to smile.

denverYooper
03-24-2013, 09:49 AM
There are millions of people posting on discussion forums but there is only one woodbuck.

Pugger
03-24-2013, 10:49 AM

Would you rather we didn't?

woodbuck27
03-24-2013, 11:13 AM
http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/HOLIDAY-FEEL-AROUND-COLTS-COMPLEX/6ffe79bd-5360-4a2d-bbb2-2466327953ee

HOLIDAY FEEL AROUND COLTS COMPLEX

Posted Mar 22, 2013 ... By Kevin Bowen

Comment woodbuck27:

Green Bay Packer fans comment on this article:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLyXA3QoyQouZxkCt-VKChm1pTsfAqqL49sD6C2bApGLFz7VCS

I got an orange! How about you?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKFENKLV1ODnOMM2Wm72uVSegShc0B8 3w90ly7yyqFtFblsFDd

I didn't get an orange but I've got Teddy and Aaron.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvqRdEV1RKFrI8I1rNNZxpUwpl15i6t F47JazKOK2fKJJ-k6Gv

Come on Ted get with it ! Give me some milk.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtRq-8bRalyoQjJh3jiN7mDTtOOTyNgJo-xF9-0kTGnZLo1LnO

Please Ted ! I'm praying for.....

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRET6ejBHs6UHREiK-EbkPgsD38P4BLHdqD7iV6DVMvLx5rsPNu

Ahhhhhh Ted !

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1zEEiK8iCzocla1bghI-epgLf5KZ3lCYC3VyVDCfMJdSQiJXimQ

Feed Me Ted !!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-IAxPaLm32b-5m8Jl_pT8vxWS-O7Jm5RLjpm-5mHSmeO-r9AG

Is Ted Santa?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJ3Ilq-09Go_NSSIszezNJWteTSE_FM72dnAKiNELKKZklbk1Uhw

Sorry Packer fans. I'M FIRST !!

Zool
03-25-2013, 09:35 AM
What I'd really like is to see a FA spending barrage (Seattle) then blow the whole thing up in 2 years when the payments come due.

FA is fools gold.

KYPack
03-25-2013, 09:41 AM
What I'd really like is to see a FA spending barrage (Seattle) then blow the whole thing up in 2 years when the payments come due.

FA is fools gold.

Fire TT & Zool, hire Tank.

Bossman641
03-25-2013, 12:18 PM

The NFC North is probably the toughest division in the league.... :roll:

KYPack
03-25-2013, 02:27 PM

NFC W?

red
03-25-2013, 03:22 PM

the nfln has been a major joke at times over the last 15 or so years

the argument was that we are fine because we're always in the playoffs.

well are we always in the playoffs because we're really a great team, or do we make the playoffs because we're just simply better then the sometimes horrible lions, vikings, and bears

since 1996 (17 seasons), the lions have had three winning seasons. they have had one winning season in the new millennium

the vikings and bears both have had 6 winning seasons this millennium, out of 13

our division has been pretty pathetic really over the last 15-20 years

Bossman641
03-25-2013, 03:34 PM

well are we always in the playoffs because we're really a great team, or do we make the playoffs because we're just simply better then the sometimes horrible lions, vikings, and bears

since 1996 (17 seasons), the lions have had three winning seasons. they have had one winning season in the new millennium

the vikings and bears both have had 6 winning seasons this millennium, out of 13

Over the past 2-3 years I believe the North has had the best record in the league against other divisions.

Pugger
03-25-2013, 04:22 PM

The one division that has been an even bigger joke is the AFCE and nobody disparages the Patriots for winning that division year after year.

Cheesehead Craig
03-25-2013, 04:36 PM
If Ted is providing ample talent to win, shouldn't the focus be on MM instead?

Patler
03-25-2013, 05:05 PM
If Ted is providing ample talent to win, shouldn't the focus be on MM instead?

That would be an interesting discussion. Assuming the team has underperformed the last two seasons, who is to blame?

Joemailman
03-25-2013, 05:21 PM
That would be an interesting discussion. Assuming the team has underperformed the last two seasons, who is to blame?

Slocum. Duh.

pbmax
03-25-2013, 05:31 PM
I am not comfortable at all with the D coaches ability to adjust schemes midseason or teach alternate defenses.

It took three tries to get the D to the correct alignment against Peterson. It would probably have taken a third game to get alignments square versus the 49ers.

We all remember the problems with zone, though some of those were with Sanders and were when Wood first arrived. But its not been clear zone sailing since either.

I generally find that coaching is dependent on talent and so I think the majority of this is player oriented. But it could be 55 player - 45 coaching. I have less confidence of the ability to teach on D as compared to the O, which is a reverse of my initial impression of the staff when Capers was added.

red
03-25-2013, 06:11 PM
The one division that has been an even bigger joke is the AFCE and nobody disparages the Patriots for winning that division year after year.

actually, its pretty close between the two divisions. i had to look it up. when you mentioned the AFCE, i thought, "yeah thats true, they do suck bad". but then i looked up the records

miami - 6 winning seasons since 2000. although only 1 winning season since 2005

jets- 8 winning seasons out of 13. yeah i was surprised too

bills- 1winning season since 2000. yeah they should have been relegated a long time ago

so record wise, the AFCE is just a touch better then the NFCN

NFC west might be the worst

KYPack
03-25-2013, 07:59 PM
actually, its pretty close between the two divisions. i had to look it up. when you mentioned the AFCE, i thought, "yeah thats true, they do suck bad". but then i looked up the records

miami - 6 winning seasons since 2000. although only 1 winning season since 2005

jets- 8 winning seasons out of 13. yeah i was surprised too

bills- 1winning season since 2000. yeah they should have been relegated a long time ago

so record wise, the AFCE is just a touch better then the NFCN

NFC west might be the worst

Worst in the NFC or the league?

The AFC West is pretty poor.

NFC N is a pretty scrappy division.

denverYooper
03-25-2013, 08:08 PM
Worst in the NFC or the league?

The AFC West is pretty poor.

NFC N is a pretty scrappy division.

2 playoff teams each of last 3 years, 2 NFCCG appearances, 1 SB win. Not too shabby, if'n you ask me.

woodbuck27
03-25-2013, 09:32 PM
Which NFL Division is strongest? Based in results from last season that reflected what the experts were predicting. The strongest NFL Division is the NFCN.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000081942/article/nfl-divisional-power-rankings-whos-no-1

With the NFCN's Packers getting 11 W's; Vikings and Bears deadlocked at 10 W's and chiping in the LIONS 4 W's. Gives the NFCN Division an NFL best 35 W's.

The rest:

NFCS and NFCW = 34 W's.

AFCN = 33 W's

NFCE; AFCE and AFCS = 31 W's

AFCW = a lowly 26 W's. Does this help the Denver Broncos?

George Cumby
03-25-2013, 10:45 PM
Which NFL Division is strongest? Based in results from last season that reflected what the experts were predicting. The strongest NFL Division is the NFCN.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000081942/article/nfl-divisional-power-rankings-whos-no-1

With the NFCN's Packers getting 11 W's; Vikings and Bears deadlocked at 10 W's and chiping in the LIONS 4 W's. Gives the NFCN Division an NFL best 35 W's.

The rest:

NFCS and NFCW = 34 W's.

AFCN = 33 W's

NFCE; AFCE and AFCS = 31 W's

AFCW = a lowly 26 W's. Does this help the Denver Broncos?

Succinct, to the point and factual.

Nice.