PDA

View Full Version : Ted Thompson's Best And Worst Picks By Round

Joemailman
04-03-2013, 08:57 PM
1st Round

Best Pick: Aaron Rodgers (2005) - This was not an obvious pick to make. Favre was coming off a strong year, and the Packer's defense has been weak. Few would have criticized Thompson if he had drafted the best defensive player available. In fact, that's what most people thought he would do.

Worst Pick: Justin Harrell (2007) - Played in 14 games with 2 starts and 0 sacks. Probably had the talent, but couldn't get on the field.

2nd Round

Best Pick: Greg Jennings (2006) - Ted Thompson traded down in the 2nd round, bypassing better known players and took Jennings who became one of the NFL's best receivers. Nick Collins might have been the best 2nd round pick if not for his freakish, career-ending injury.

Worst Pick: Brian Brohm (2008) - Lacked the arm and the confidence to be an NFL QB.

3rd Round

Best Pick: James Jones (2007) - This was a tough choice between Jones and Finley. However, because Jones seems to still be ascending, I give him the edge.

Worst Pick: Aaron Rouse (2007) - Started 10 games in 3 years, before being released in 2009. I believe he is now out of football.

4th Round

Best Pick: Josh Sitton (2008) - Has been one of the best RG's in the NFL the last 4 years.

Worst Pick: Cory Rodgers (2006) - WR/KR who, it turned out, couldn't catch punts. Never made the team.

5th Round

Best Pick: This has been TT's worst round. Marshall Newhouse (2010) has been the only player who turned out to be a starter for an entire season.

Worst Pick: Hard to pick just one, but Mike Hawkins (2005) couldn't stay healthy long enough to even be a factor in preseason games.

6th Round

Best Pick: Desmond Bishop (2006) was one of the keys to the 2010 Super Bowl run when he took over for, and exceeded Nick Barnett. Johnny Jolly was looking like a 6th round steal until he discovered codeine.

Worst Pick: Ricky Elmore (2011) - Brooks Reed's teammate was stiff and slow. Other than that he wasn't bad.

7th Round

Best Pick: Matt Flynn (2008) - Wasn't used much, but he was a damn good QB. I suppose it can be argues that Brad Jones has been the most useful 7th round pick.

Worst Pick: This is probably unfair because 7th round pick have little chance. Will Whitticker (2005) was pretty bad though.

Guiness
04-03-2013, 10:16 PM
3rd Round

Worst Pick: Aaron Rouse (2007) - Started 10 games in 3 years, before being released in 2009. I believe he is now out of football.

He was in the UFL last time they had a season!

A highlight of Rouse's time with the Destroyers was the 2011 UFL Championship Game, in which Rouse recorded three interceptions en route to a 17-3 win; Rouse was designated the game MVP.

woodbuck27
04-04-2013, 06:19 AM
Alot of head work there Joe.

When you really look at it. It's down right scary. The draft is HUGE !

Getting moreso all the time.

PACKERS !