PDA

View Full Version : Reggie McKenzie - An NFL GM taking steps before he can get started.

woodbuck27
04-07-2013, 08:26 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/06/mckenzies-still-a-year-away-from-rebuilding-raiders/

(Reggie) McKenzie’s still a year away from rebuilding Raiders

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 6, 2013, 9:48 AM EDT

" When the Raiders waived linebacker Rolando McClain yesterday, they did not apply the June 1 designation to spread the salary cap hit over two years.

By doing so, they pushed their dead money to around than $45 million, according to Jerry McDonald of the Bay Area News Group. That’s more than a third of this year’s salary cap for players no longer there to “help.” " Fr. Link

Pugger
04-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Its gonna take some time for Reggie to clean up that mess in Oakland.

woodbuck27
04-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Its gonna take some time for Reggie to clean up that mess in Oakland.

That article says about one more year and the Oakland Raiders will be buyers again.

I'm betting that Reggie McKenzie is planning more than that. He's got to get back control/power of the Raiders draft.

red
04-07-2013, 10:16 AM
i'm sure a lot of raider fans aren't going to be happy because they might not be competitive for a few years

but reggie is doing what has to be done. al davis made an abortion of a football team. now reggie has to go in there with the coat hanger and shop vac

Guiness
04-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Surprising, but maybe not? 'Ol Al died a year and a half ago, so only one full NFL season has passed. I think he was stirring the pot until the very end?

I thought they had already started to clean up the mess, and done a not terrible job, but I guess there was an awful lot housecleaning to do. DHB, McClain, Palmer (although I disagree with that move), that DT...so even if they were on the right track last year, it was only a start. I wonder how long McKenzie is going to be given? He's going to need five years, unless he hits some home runs in the draft, which is more luck that skill.