PDA

View Full Version : Weird Revis dance

Guiness
04-10-2013, 03:00 PM
That whole dance around Revis is some kind of strange. Tampa seemingly offering the sun and the moon - the sun to Revis in a monster contract that no CB has come even close to this off season, and the moon to the Jets in John Hadl-esque bunch of picks. And nothing is happening. The Bucs apparently even has mention of it on their official website - hello tampering!

What the hell is going on here???

smuggler
04-10-2013, 04:07 PM
It's not tampering if the Jets have given him permission to speak with the Bucs.

red
04-10-2013, 05:07 PM
the jets are trying to get more

revis wants out, jets want to get rid of him, bucs want him

but jets are getting greedy.

if i'm the bucs i say "fuck it" and drop the offer way down to like a third rounder. then i do a little wink and nod to revis.

he'll throw a shit fit about not getting the money he wants. he'll become a huge hemorrhoid like he has in the past.

jets will end up releasing revis during traning camp and he'll move on to the bucs and the jets won't get jack shit

Fritz
04-10-2013, 05:45 PM
the jets are trying to get more

revis wants out, jets want to get rid of him, bucs want him

but jets are getting greedy.

if i'm the bucs i say "fuck it" and drop the offer way down to like a third rounder. then i do a little wink and nod to revis.

he'll throw a shit fit about not getting the money he wants. he'll become a huge hemorrhoid like he has in the past.

jets will end up releasing revis during traning camp and he'll move on to the bucs and the jets won't get jack shit

Wait, if the Jets get rid of a hemmorhoid, then won't they be able to get jack shit a lot better? Damn, Red, your metaphors confuse me, but props to the man who knows how to spell "hemmorhoid"!

I don't agree with you too often, but you're a hell of a poster. I do enjoy your posts, dude.

red
04-10-2013, 07:04 PM
it took me like 5 minutes to figure out how to spell that shit

i wanted to go with hemmeroid, but google kept telling me i was an idiot

Bretsky
04-10-2013, 08:37 PM

I can't figure out Tampa Bay on this one; Revis is coming off the most serious knee injury and there is no guarantee he'll be the same. At minumum, everybody I can remember, except All Day Peterson, has struggled in year one out of the knee surgery.

And Tampa Bay is negotiating against themselves.

If I'm the Bucs, I give the Jets a deadline and I go to one of these Yahoos like Jay Glazer, and leak what I'm offering the declare the Jets have three days to accept the agreement ......or they are pulling their offer and what they will give up goes down.

Revis relationship with the Jets is completely broken and they can't take him back.

Tampa Bay should expose them

swede
04-10-2013, 09:56 PM

rrhoid rage!

Fritz
04-11-2013, 05:34 AM
Rrhoid on, mate

pbmax
04-11-2013, 08:06 AM
I can't figure out Tampa Bay on this one; Revis is coming off the most serious knee injury and there is no guarantee he'll be the same. At minumum, everybody I can remember, except All Day Peterson, has struggled in year one out of the knee surgery.

And Tampa Bay is negotiating against themselves.

If I'm the Bucs, I give the Jets a deadline and I go to one of these Yahoos like Jay Glazer, and leak what I'm offering the declare the Jets have three days to accept the agreement ......or they are pulling their offer and what they will give up goes down.

Revis relationship with the Jets is completely broken and they can't take him back.

Tampa Bay should expose them

They have leaked it. They offered this year's first round pick (13th I think) and the Jets want more. No one thinks the Jets have any leverage unless they want to lose him after one more year.

Fritz
04-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Are you kidding? Tampa is stupid to make that offer, and the Jest are even stupider for not taking it.

woodbuck27
04-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Rrhoid on, mate

I's gets rid of em wit a big:

http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle-pics/Classic_Bowie_Knife2.jpg

Knoife

Then a dab of:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlK8n8uGRwrAEZXaqgg2ihVjQFltkrA IKSQe0SZFthb66G-ZoJ

Guiness
04-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Are you kidding? Tampa is stupid to make that offer, and the Jest are even stupider for not taking it.

That's pretty much the way I see it too. TB doesn't have a history of being Snyder-like yahoos, do they? It's not like they're 'a piece away', and CBs don't put butts in seats. Why the hell are they doing this?

TB would want to do some pretty serious due diligence I think. Is he going to be ready for week 1? I'd hope a 15M contract would include the type of game day bonuses Woodson had on his first contract.

smuggler
04-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Pretty much. There's no competition. If the Jets won't take 13 overall for Revis, they should just pay him and go home.

Guiness
04-12-2013, 03:10 PM
More on this. Apparently the Bucs are interested in Sanchez as well!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/12/jets-could-unload-a-quarterback-as-part-of-revis-trade/

I changed my mind. Someone in Tampa is off their nut.

MadScientist
04-12-2013, 04:53 PM
More on this. Apparently the Bucs are interested in Sanchez as well!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/12/jets-could-unload-a-quarterback-as-part-of-revis-trade/

I changed my mind. Someone in Tampa is off their nut.

Could be a 1st for Revis, or a 7th for Revis and Sanchez.

red
04-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Could be a 1st for Revis, or a 7th for Revis and Sanchez.

lol thats what i'm thinking

woodbuck27
04-22-2013, 08:19 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9195939/new-york-jets-trade-darrelle-revis-tampa-bay-buccaneers

Jets trade Darrelle Revis to Bucs

Updated: April 21, 2013, 9:54 PM ET

By Adam Schefter and Rich Cimini ... ESPN.com

" The New York Jets have traded star cornerback Darrelle Revis to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the 13th overall pick in Thursday night's draft and a conditional selection next year.

The conditional pick headed to the Jets is a fourth-round selection in 2014, but could become a third-rounder if Revis is on Tampa Bay's roster on the third day of the 2014 league year, sources said.

The Buccaneers announced the deal on Sunday Aprilm 21, 2013; saying Revis agreed to a new six-year contract. The deal is worth $96 million, making Revis the highest-paid defensive back in NFL history, but includes no guaranteed money, according to sources close to the Pro Bowl cornerback." Fr. LINK

Comment woodbuck27:

How will that affect the Mocks for this draft, now that the NY Jets have the 13th Pick overall?

woodbuck27
04-22-2013, 08:28 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9197158/darrelle-revis-era-ends-error-bumbling-new-york-jets

Jets' Revis era ends with an error

Team didn't have to trade superstar, but it did -- without receiving equal value

Updated: April 21, 2013, 9:16 PM ET

By Ian O'Connor ... ESPN NewYork.com

" So it turns out the New York Jets are capable of butt fumbles in April, too. They are capable of taking one of their two greatest players ever, a talent right there with Joe Namath, and running him out of town before he made it to his 28th birthday." Fr. LINK

woodbuck27
04-22-2013, 08:33 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9198004/trading-darrelle-revis-came-money-says-jets-gm-john-idzik

Jets GM: Revis contract gap too big

Updated: April 21, 2013, 10:15 PM ET

By Rich Cimini ... ESPN NewYork.com

It came down to money.

" Explaining perhaps the biggest trade in franchise history, New York Jets general manager John Idzik said Sunday the decision to trade cornerback Darrelle Revis to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers was based largely on what they perceived as an insurmountable gap in contract discussions.

"It became quite evident to us there was a substantial difference between Darrelle's view of his value and ours," Idzik said on a conference call with reporters.

Idzik said it would've taken a contract "of historical proportions" to keep Revis, who had one year remaining on his contract. Revis already was the league's highest-paid cornerback at $11.5 million per year, and he refused to come off his demand for $16 million a year, according to a source." Fr. LINK

Guiness
04-22-2013, 12:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9197158/darrelle-revis-era-ends-error-bumbling-new-york-jets

Jets' Revis era ends with an error

Team didn't have to trade superstar, but it did -- without receiving equal value

Updated: April 21, 2013, 9:16 PM ET

By Ian O'Connor ... ESPN NewYork.com

" So it turns out the New York Jets are capable of butt fumbles in April, too. They are capable of taking one of their two greatest players ever, a talent right there with Joe Namath, and running him out of town before he made it to his 28th birthday." Fr. LINK

Namath? lol
I guess that sums up the franchise when he's one of their two greats :taunt:

Quite a contract the Bucs landed him with. Is it too much money? I can't say, it's certainly way above what CBs were getting this year, the position seems to have been devalued, but it's in line with the type of contracts they were landing 4-5 years ago.

Did TB not get the memo, or is he just the only guy still worth one of them? I think they will be a at least a little sorry this year, because his recovery from the ACL surgery will not be Peterson like, but more in line with mere mortals and it will be 2 years before he returns to full form.

And what happens if he comes all the way back? No question in my mind he won't be happy playing for a contract that seems to amount to a string of franchise tags.

smuggler
04-22-2013, 03:01 PM
None of his contract with the Bucs is guaranteed (However, he got to keep all his signing bonus from the Jets). It's a huge contract, but at any time, the Bucs can cut ties and won't be on the hook for anything.

Guiness
04-22-2013, 04:03 PM
I'm not a huge Revis fan, he seems to have been full of himself since his holdout as a rookie...but he has backed up his lip.

So...the Jets get rid of Revis, keep Tebow, Sanchez and Holmes. Yup, something wrong with that picture!

pbmax
04-22-2013, 04:52 PM
I read somewhere that an agent (not his presumably) thought there was no way he was going to miss the first two years payments, making it nearly a $26 mil guarantee. But that "almost" is important, since if he were to pull a Winslow, that second year isn't happening.

Guiness
04-22-2013, 05:20 PM
I read somewhere that an agent (not his presumably) thought there was no way he was going to miss the first two years payments, making it nearly a $26 mil guarantee. But that "almost" is important, since if he were to pull a Winslow, that second year isn't happening.

I've seen this widely reported as well, mostly in reference to what draft pick the Jets will get next year. They get a 4th, which becomes a 3rd if Revis is on TBs roster on the 3rd day of the league year.

Not clear on the Winslow reference - he was a tool, but had 3 good seasons in TB, didn't he?

pbmax
04-22-2013, 05:22 PM
I've seen this widely reported as well, mostly in reference to what draft pick the Jets will get next year. They get a 4th, which becomes a 3rd if Revis is on TBs roster on the 3rd day of the league year.

Not clear on the Winslow reference - he was a tool, but had 3 good seasons in TB, didn't he?

He did but he lost a chuck of his contract while with the Browns when he pulled a dumb motorcycle stunt and got seriously injured. Revis' contract is "guaranteed" in the sense that if he is walking and talking and playing, he will get his money. But he is not protected from any kind of accident or serious injury.